Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

protesters storm US capital :-(

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Its interesting that this comes out, because the first thing I thought about when I saw this was the Reichstag fire, Germany 1933. Just after Hitler was sworn in as chancellor this staged attack was blamed on another group and wound up being key in the swing towards the Nazi Germany we all know.

Fast forward to now. Biden recently elected, and even before his inauguration announces major gun control plans and the ATF already performing raids to gear up for sweeping changes. How coincidental that "trump supporters" raid a govt office, likely to use it to partially justify the plans. The more things change,the more they stay the same.
After Jan. 20th, I'll be quitting my life-time NRA membership. I'm a huge believer in the constitution, but I think it's about to be suspended and I don't want any unnecessary worldly entanglements weighing me down to prevent possible emmigration.

After Jan. 20th, I'll be quitting my life-time NRA membership. I'm a huge believer in the constitution, but I think it's about to be suspended and I don't want any unnecessary worldly entanglements weighing me down to prevent possible emmigration.
Youll be one of many. The NRA for many years was a good thing overall,but in recent times is a waste of money and even a counter-productive force for various reasons. Cant say I blame you.

As far as emigration, its a toss-up as to whether that would be worth the time and expense. I do think youre right about the constitution eventually being replaced with another system eventually. However, not many other places are looking much better that I can tell. Europe is in shambles in many regards, Canada following our same path, South America sketchy and so on. Israel might be debatable, hard to tell..I havent run across much info from there other than brief mentions of their own struggles while the world in general turns dark. Good luck whichever road you take.

“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Matthew 24:9-10

If my book sells well, then I will be stepping down off my soapbox and be more of a fly on the wall with my posts becoming more generic and a lot less controversial as I take that opportunity to get my family to safety.

the dangers seem to be from what is termed the "radical right," much more so than anything on the left. biden is a corporate-friendly, -very- moderate democrat. my personal opinion is that any "progressive" legislation that comes from a biden administration will be more from social pressure, what people want, etc. vs any ideology that the biden administration brings in ("don't be Trump" seems to be their focus, from my perspective).

there was 'left wing' violence, back in the day...if i recall, the patty hearst case dealt with one such group, there were bombings and such, didn't it stop in the 80s? not that 'the left' (ambiguous term...covers so much terrain...) has never turned violent, just...

right now, and I think actually for the past couple of decades, the bulk of politically/ideologically-motivated violence has come from a radical section of 'the right' (again, an ambiguous term...covers so much terrain...).

Its interesting that this comes out, because the first thing I thought about when I saw this was the Reichstag fire, Germany 1933. Just after Hitler was sworn in as chancellor this staged attack was blamed on another group and wound up being key in the swing towards the Nazi Germany we all know.

Fast forward to now. Biden recently elected, and even before his inauguration announces major gun control plans and the ATF already performing raids to gear up for sweeping changes. How coincidental that "trump supporters" raid a govt office, likely to use it to partially justify the plans. The more things change,the more they stay the same.
so true - thanks

the dangers seem to be from what is termed the "radical right," much more so than anything on the left. biden is a corporate-friendly, -very- moderate democrat. my personal opinion is that any "progressive" legislation that comes from a biden administration will be more from social pressure, what people want, etc. vs any ideology that the biden administration brings in ("don't be Trump" seems to be their focus, from my perspective).

there was 'left wing' violence, back in the day...if i recall, the patty hearst case dealt with one such group, there were bombings and such, didn't it stop in the 80s? not that 'the left' (ambiguous term...covers so much terrain...) has never turned violent, just...

right now, and I think actually for the past couple of decades, the bulk of politically/ideologically-motivated violence has come from a radical section of 'the right' (again, an ambiguous term...covers so much terrain...).
But we must remember the radicals that took over the BLM demonstrations and ransacked cities.

I used to own several guns, but sold every one of them when we moved. I no longer own any firearms. They have no leverage on me in that area now.

I agree that BLM protests were not completely free of violence. Some of it was shameful. But it's pretty clear to me, this protest in the Capitol was from Trumpists and an attack on the Democratic process. So it is hardly fair to compare the two. As they were uniquely different.

I agree that BLM protests were not completely free of violence. Some of it was shameful. But it's pretty clear to me, this protest in the Capitol was from Trumpists and an attack on the Democratic process. So it is hardly fair to compare the two. As they were uniquely different.
uh no. its a bit more then that .

trump supporters all,Nazis ,but never the blm whom trump did to a degree to reform prisons .

blm.

in general the national movement is pro communist ,pro lgbt to,the point no actually family.anti Christian .

yet lets lump trump supporters as the violent ,these are also not so monolithic.

there are lgbt supporters of trump,I knew a few ,those that voted for trump,and support the lgbt,know a few of those too.
the Christian base of course and the others.

it helps to get out of ones tribe and observe and interact

Not quite.

To state this is to ignore the very recent events throughout multiple cities in which antifa,blm and other such special interest groups have engaged in no small amount of violence,intimidation harassment and other such tactics to advance their cause. These events have dominated the news streams, the last 3 years in particular as certain members of the left seem to be more comfortable setting aside all decency in an effort to steer politics by brute force when they deem it plausible. It wasnt the radical right who established the autonomous zone in seattle,only to behave like tyrants themselves. It wasnt the radical right who were responsible for leading blm supporters to engage in racist behavior and attacks while supposedly protesting racism. The list goes on,but you get the point.

I understand that with the many ideologies existing in america, its impossible even in a christian forum for everyone to agree on topics like this. But lets at least be honest with whats going on. It should be beneath us to sit back and point fingers totally at one side while the one we defend has blood on its hands also. Its dishonest behavior. We cant rightfully ignore one while denouncing the other.

I remain convinced that the leadership on both sides are corrupt and are using us against ourselves to bring this country (and others) into a weakened state that will be ripe for a true state of tyranny,possibly with the antichrist in control. The sad part is..its working. As long as we keep listening to stories from the media ( a source that continually twists context, outright lies, and cobbles together whatever narrative they want) without applying critical thought and intellectual honesty we will be at each others throats with no thought given to what corrupt politicians are doing behind the veil.

You are entitled to your opinion. But it is no more valid than mine I'm afraid .
I. dont monitor Aussie politics ,if I did i would be limited to online media .

being America and knowing an army recruiter who posted his time there as he went ,he posted videos ,now the army can punish him and take his retirement from him for life upon conviction.he didn't partake in any illegal activities .

the army tracks what recruiters post ,and soldiers ,even more so if they use official pages .he posted his stuff on his page .

fascist in the army is against the ucmj ,and punishable by discharge,and worse

Back