Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Psychics

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
this topic makes me think a lot

I personally think if someone confesses Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour but somehow have the uncanny ability to move objects with their mind then they are okay with God.

Some people have all kinds of gifts...God can do anything there is to be done.

I'm not backing off that statement unless scripture is provided...

Things that aren't addressed in the Bible and are extra natural gets cast off as evil?

Why?

The Bible is a Holy and magnificent but, but it doesn't speak on everything...

i appreciate your concern and don't blame you for trying to steer me clear of this. The thing with me is I never sought it as a thing I wanted to have. last night before i went to sleep I was reading malachi and praying. today i walked the kids to school and on the way say the energy auras around other walkers. You see i have no choice about it its always there, you sorta try to ignore it
. I'm just a normal electrician Evangelical Christian guy. I go to church with my family and do normal things. but I sense the energy around us all and see it like a sparkly heat wave haze Its no thing to want to attain, I would rather be filled with the holy spirit than that any day.It would be alright if it had some usefulness i could work out that i could use it to serve the lord with. Its only that it started in prayer with god that i go along with it.

If you wanted to talk to someone about it that you hoped would understand you who would you talk to? I remember that wicca thread. Imagine if this was you- one night you pray to god and something weird happens like you have never had before, i was in a really long prayer time praying in the spirit for part of it. i remember praying to the lord you are love and sensing his love around me it was so nice. then i saw lots of fast moving stars coming towards me and my forehead was burning like something going in or out. you get a foread headache that lasts for a week, your dreams get crazy really crazy and auras appear around people. google helps you realize your third eye opened accidently in prayer with god, and it stays like it.. welcome to my world.

Matthew 5:37

That beautiful...

God has blessed you

Bless you guys this is the first time I can remember on a forum receiving acceptance off Christians about this instead of constant condemnation. i wish more followed your example. It really cheered me up this week and encouraged my faith. :)

In the video it looks like someone is playing with magnets under the table. It's an old trick, I used to do it when I was a kid... Put a magnet on the table, you can cover it with whatever you want, and under it move around a magnet so that the same poles get close. The magnets will push away one another, + and + or - and - reject, + and - attract.

And if it exists, it cannot be from God. The Bible clearly speaks against sorcery, and anything related to it.

Bless you guys this is the first time I can remember on a forum receiving acceptance off Christians about this instead of constant condemnation. i wish more followed your example. It really cheered me up this week and encouraged my faith. :)

I am glad you have been cheered up. As Christians we should encourage and bring joy to each other as much as possible rather than making each other feel bad or rejected. Actually I doubt in previous experiences that our Christian brothers and sisters meant to make you feel condemned but unfortunately when people have not gone through an experience themselves like the other person they often just can not relate or understand. This applies to any situation in life. For example, when I had a miscarriage people who had never had miscarriages before made some very hurtful comments to me. For me, I had lost my baby but for them it was just a blob of cells that left my body and could easily be replaced. For me, my baby could and will never be replaced. I could get pregnant again but I can never get that baby back. But as much as their comments hurt, the truth is they just did not relate to or understand my experience at all. Therefore their comments were not meant to be hurtful so I could not hold their comments against them. Examples like this are countless.

Another example is I read the testimony of a woman who became a devoted Christian and missionary, but her childhood was rough. Her mom dropped off at an orphanage where she was abused and then shuffled around to one foster home to the next. In one foster home she was beaten every morning and not allowed to shower at all in the home. So she would go to a gas station and try to wash herself off in the bathroom but basically she was dirty and stinky and kids told her and made fun of her every day. She wanted to be clean, fashionable and pretty like the other girls but circumstances didn`t allow it. Of course, making fun of people is ALWAYS bad, but in her case and probably most cases where people are dirty, others just can not understand or imagine why, especially in a country like America. They just assume the person chooses to be unclean. So the person is condemned as nasty. Likewise, if someone has no experience with exceptional sensory perception, they may not be able to fathom this as natural much less something from God so they might either chalk it up as insanity or something from the devil when we have no basis for making that judgement. The Bible clearly says idols, calling up the dead, psychics and sorcery are wrong, but to have extra sensory perception does not fall in any of these catagories. The senses are from God. Who can argue with that? Animals often have extraordinary senses and Christians certainly point to this as God`s marvelous creation and design, we even use things like this to argue against things like the "Big Bang" theory or evolution. Yet when a human has a similar extraordinary sense, people often can not understand or grasp that. Likewise, we accept extraordinary intelligence, talent (music, art, etc), or strength, but accepting extraordinary senses/perception is just very difficult for many humans to wrap our heads around unfortunately, but you are not alone any person with any experience that another has not had will be subject to the other person`s judgement. "Why does the abused woman just not walk out? I certainly would!"  Well, if they were in that woman`s shoes, they would quickly realize it`s not that simple, but without walking in her shoes, it seems that simple so it is easy to condemn her for just staying and letting a man beat her up. Job experienced the same thing from his friends. Because the only experience they knew of well to do men falling to ruin was those who fell into sin, they could only conclude that this was the cause of Job`s fall. Although they did not have a scriptural basis to say all disasters that fall on man are a direct result of personal sin. They made their conclusion based on experience rather than a scripture and they got it completely wrong. So take heart, and always let God be your judge! And if humans try to make a judgement just have compassion because you can realize the only reason they make such a judgement is they simply do not comprehend due to a total lack of experience.

I am glad you have been cheered up. As Christians we should encourage and bring joy to each other as much as possible rather than making each other feel bad or rejected. Actually I doubt in previous experiences that our Christian brothers and sisters meant to make you feel condemned but unfortunately when people have not gone through an experience themselves like the other person they often just can not relate or understand. This applies to any situation in life. For example, when I had a miscarriage people who had never had miscarriages before made some very hurtful comments to me. For me, I had lost my baby but for them it was just a blob of cells that left my body and could easily be replaced. For me, my baby could and will never be replaced. I could get pregnant again but I can never get that baby back. But as much as their comments hurt, the truth is they just did not relate to or understand my experience at all. Therefore their comments were not meant to be hurtful so I could not hold their comments against them. Examples like this are countless.

Another example is I read the testimony of a woman who became a devoted Christian and missionary, but her childhood was rough. Her mom dropped off at an orphanage where she was abused and then shuffled around to one foster home to the next. In one foster home she was beaten every morning and not allowed to shower at all in the home. So she would go to a gas station and try to wash herself off in the bathroom but basically she was dirty and stinky and kids told her and made fun of her every day. She wanted to be clean, fashionable and pretty like the other girls but circumstances didn`t allow it. Of course, making fun of people is ALWAYS bad, but in her case and probably most cases where people are dirty, others just can not understand or imagine why, especially in a country like America. They just assume the person chooses to be unclean. So the person is condemned as nasty. Likewise, if someone has no experience with exceptional sensory perception, they may not be able to fathom this as natural much less something from God so they might either chalk it up as insanity or something from the devil when we have no basis for making that judgement. The Bible clearly says idols, calling up the dead, psychics and sorcery are wrong, but to have extra sensory perception does not fall in any of these catagories. The senses are from God. Who can argue with that? Animals often have extraordinary senses and Christians certainly point to this as God`s marvelous creation and design, we even use things like this to argue against things like the "Big Bang" theory or evolution. Yet when a human has a similar extraordinary sense, people often can not understand or grasp that. Likewise, we accept extraordinary intelligence, talent (music, art, etc), or strength, but accepting extraordinary senses/perception is just very difficult for many humans to wrap our heads around unfortunately, but you are not alone any person with any experience that another has not had will be subject to the other person`s judgement. "Why does the abused woman just not walk out? I certainly would!"  Well, if they were in that woman`s shoes, they would quickly realize it`s not that simple, but without walking in her shoes, it seems that simple so it is easy to condemn her for just staying and letting a man beat her up. Job experienced the same thing from his friends. Because the only experience they knew of well to do men falling to ruin was those who fell into sin, they could only conclude that this was the cause of Job`s fall. Although they did not have a scriptural basis to say all disasters that fall on man are a direct result of personal sin. They made their conclusion based on experience rather than a scripture and they got it completely wrong. So take heart, and always let God be your judge! And if humans try to make a judgement just have compassion because you can realize the only reason they make such a judgement is they simply do not comprehend due to a total lack of experience.

I think your right understanding requires empathy, and empathy is acquired through personal misfortune sometimes. With your miscarriage you dont understand how sad it is unless you have been there, and even years later you wonder what that baby would have been like.

Do you believe in psychics?

Can there be Christians with Telekenisis

I believe they exist, but I don't believe in them, as in putting any confidence in them. They serve another master. Christians do not have the 'gift of telekenisis'.

However, believers in Jesus Christ can in the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of Jesus Christ move objects (and mountains of various kinds) as is circumstantially necessary, according to the move of God in a person's life.

I believe they exist, but I don't believe in them, as in putting any confidence in them. They serve another master. Christians do not have the 'gift of telekenisis'.

However, believers in Jesus Christ can in the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of Jesus Christ move objects (and mountains of various kinds) as is circumstantially necessary, according to the move of God in a person's life.

No offense...how do you know they serve another master?

i'm not a psychic btw

But we always think people with supernatural gifts are evil

i'm not a psychic btw

because the lord isnt glorified in that stuff the user of that gift is.

read my posts again.

does an aura move objects that in reality in physics cant? if its indeed a magnetic field then plastic cant be touched by it?

if it involves near death to be able to astral project and see places , wheres that in the in the bible? or just to talk to some on?

does that gift have to involve power and the struggle for it?

and the witches and so on do fight each other and form alliances?

does it always have to be about some type of sexual perversion or found to be useful for that pleasure?

does it always have to be nothing but impressions with sensations and some "angel" light. or my case the id telling me this is what it is.

and unable to verify these things and to whom i talked too!

since some of the distances i went too via reaching out with my mind were allegdly 1000's of miles.

I sorta wonder if some things dont matter and wouldn't be a bother to god.

I would think God would be more interested in bigger things, stealing, breaking laws, adultery gluttony,
blasphemousness.

YOU would have to wonder if some don't matter if a Christian has them. My wife has this uncanny ability to do things for people right when they are needed without her knowing there is a problem with that person.She gets this feeeling god wants her to do something. just before my gnadnmas friend died she had a strange urge to get my grandma to call him and he died soon after. We cant explain those things but she often feels its God encouraging her to do stuff. Many coincidences like that.

There are many unusual things hard to explain but saying am manifestation of one wil see you in bed with the devil is getting a bit carried away.

please read this: Agubus could see into the future. Paranormal was all through acts paranormal via holy spirit

Acts 11

Peter Explains His Actions

1 The apostles and the believers throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God. 2 So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him 3 and said, “You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them.â€
4 Starting from the beginning, Peter told them the whole story: 5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was. 6 I looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles and birds. 7 Then I heard a voice telling me, ‘Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.’

8 “I replied, ‘Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’

9 “The voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’ 10 This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again.

11 “Right then three men who had been sent to me from Caesarea stopped at the house where I was staying. 12 The Spirit told me to have no hesitation about going with them. These six brothers also went with me, and we entered the man’s house. 13 He told us how he had seen an angel appear in his house and say, ‘Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. 14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.’

15 “As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: ‘John baptized with[a] water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?â€

18 When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life.â€

The Church in Antioch

19 Now those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews. 20 Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. 21 The Lord’s hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.
22 News of this reached the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. 23 When he arrived and saw what the grace of God had done, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. 24 He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.

25 Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

27 During this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. 28 One of them, named Agabus, stood up and through the Spirit predicted that a severe famine would spread over the entire Roman world. (This happened during the reign of Claudius.) 29 The disciples, as each one was able, decided to provide help for the brothers and sisters living in Judea. 30 This they did, sending their gift to the elders by Barnabas and Saul.

YOU would have to wonder if some don't matter if a Christian has them. My wife has this uncanny ability to do things for people right when they are needed without her knowing there is a problem with that person.She gets this feeeling god wants her to do something. just before my gnadnmas friend died she had a strange urge to get my grandma to call him and he died soon after. We cant explain those things but she often feels its God encouraging her to do stuff. Many coincidences like that.

that is God telling her and doing that, and its verified by thats persons need.

second i have done that and if any person is real in thier walk a person will be doing that from time to time

but that ISNT the a voice telling me, its more like a still small voice that ONLY his sheep knows that does that

ie. i have a friend who is depressed and the lord tells me or by his countenance i will know even though he isnt that obvious to others.

so i have asked and talked to him when that unction arises.

that is God telling her and doing that, and its verified by thats persons need.

second i have done that and if any person is real in thier walk a person will be doing that from time to time

but that ISNT the a voice telling me, its more like a still small voice that ONLY his sheep knows that does that

ie. i have a friend who is depressed and the lord tells me or by his countenance i will know even though he isnt that obvious to others.

so i have asked and talked to him when that unction arises.
DID you read what i wrote about abagus above. THe holy spirit equipped him to see future events, so that abilty was used to serve god.

DID you read what i wrote about abagus above. THe holy spirit equipped him to see future events, so that abilty was used to serve god.

that is the spirit of PROPHECY that is in the bible from God.

mediums and psychics dont often tell you are in sin, death is near and repent now do they?

my pastor just lead a kid to the lord and also did his funeral 4 days later.

he never called him out just stated that a person today may be your last chance for you will die soon. repent
that teen came forward and was dead 4 days later.
upon his death 75 came to christ.

that is from God.

unlike phsycic mary that tells you, so and so wants to marry you, and that a job is near and so on.
but never encourages you to repent

does the lord tell you about jobs? yes but usually that is rare through the gift of prophecy. it happens but he really prefers to talk to YOU directly and not through someone.

i have operated in the gift of prophecy and that woe unto them that said when i didnt say is really scary.

prophetic words lineup with the bible. they exhort,encourage. rebuke.

charismatics do believe in modern prophecy like that, albiet it aint popular

would you tell the hatians that the earthquake is a judgement for thier sins?

that has been said by some charismatic prophets.

i'm not a psychic btw

People who claim to be psychic and even use such a label never attribute their 'knowledge' or 'insight' to Jesus Christ. Some may allude to God, but unless Jesus is extolled, they are serving Satan's purposes.

People who claim to be psychic and even use such a label never attribute their 'knowledge' or 'insight' to Jesus Christ. Some may allude to God, but unless Jesus is extolled, they are serving Satan's purposes.

Okay, my point is If someone just happens to be able to move things with their mind and they acknowledge God must've blesed them then they can be Christian.

I could say that Christians who "walk" are of the devil because Christians never acknowledge God for their legs

Right.....you can't say never. Some do, some don't

Okay, my point is If someone just happens to be able to move things with their mind and they acknowledge God must've blesed them then they can be Christian.

I could say that Christians who "walk" are of the devil because Christians never acknowledge God for their legs

when i did any of that psyschic stuff I DIDNT need to pray.

when i wanted to probe you,see your aura when you were standing in front me. i merely looked, no prayer needed.

you dont need to pray in the case of telekenesis to do that. you would just concentrate to move that.

i dont or nor did i have that cababilty.

but i could move on lights and turn then off at times.

again no prayer needed. just concentrated with my "ki".

when i did any of that psyschic stuff I DIDNT need to pray.

when i wanted to probe you,see your aura when you were standing in front me. i merely looked, no prayer needed.

you dont need to pray in the case of telekenesis to do that. you would just concentrate to move that.

i dont or nor did i have that cababilty.

but i could move on lights and turn then off at times.

again no prayer needed. just concentrated with my "ki".

Faulty logic :nono

You don't need to pray to walk, sleep, eat, breath, die, talk....

or anything else

But all those things can be done to Gods glory

including telekenis

Faulty logic :nono

You don't need to pray to walk, sleep, eat, breath, die, talk....

or anything else

But all those things can be done to Gods glory

including telekenis
really i have to asked god for strength to walk when in pain,and eat when i have been sick. and the elderly will testify that they have asked god for strength in certain areas we take advantage of.

if telekenisis was meant for us why is that so few do it.

just so you know whom you are dealing with

at one time:

max range of probes outside the earths atmosphere
did you not read that i could control lights
did you not read that i could see auras and also even in pics.
did you not read that i could attack at that range
even chris in austrialia if i wanted too i could hurt
drop heart rate to zero when a sleep and hold it for a while(so i thought)
i am not knew to this

you do realise that where there psychic phenomon that theres seems to be more psychosis.

washington state has the highest rate of psychosis. that doenst mean all mentally afflicted are opressed but that theres a correllation.demonic activity does affect some that way and i want to clarify that possesion is very rare.

if you ever wanted to know where the portals were i could tell you

in short
las vegas
seattle
new york
new orleans

carribean
gulf of mexico( near the yucatan pennisula)
atlanta,ga
those are the ones i know off hand
ah portland,ore.

and i knew of this long before any of the ghost hunter etc.

No. People with certain abilities that they do not attribute to faith in Jesus Christ are not Christian. Even Satan knows God. Anyone can say it is God, but their God may not be our God.

They must be specific, or we must cast them aside as occultists.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back