Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question About Holy Communion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The evil is deceit, and to not fall into it you need to be careful, a little bit, some of the time, or all of the time ?
I find that since I'm aware of it, I don't need to be thinking about it all the time. We're all different.
I think it gives satan some glory to have him on our mind instead of God.

Bring aware and being obsessed are different.

Think of God instead . Keep HIM in your mind.
God showed how Christs time of the cross was the hour of darkness and power, how the prince of this world came against Christ

Luke 22:53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Now we are made aware also that the whole world is in wickedness and that the god of this worlod is what we are left in,

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

I find that since I'm aware of it, I don't need to be thinking about it all the time. We're all different.
I think it gives satan some glory to have him on our mind instead of God.
2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are TAKEN CAPTIVE BY HIM AT WILL.

My advice for Wondering is think of what the scriptures say here, they do not show any obsession, they show only sound advice.

in case it was not clear, Christ overcame this world by destroying him that had the power of death ( by satan coming against Christ and the hour of darkness) and this shows us how to overcome the wicked one, to overcome even as Christ also overcame ( through the death of Christ through dying for us, then the Word abides in us, through the Holy Ghost given into us)

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

1 John 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

If all of these sayings, and the scriptures do not how we trust in God only ( to truly have our mind just on Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, by hearing His words of life, not a persons) nothing else would I think.

The evil is deceit, and to not fall into it you need to be careful, a little bit, some of the time, or all of the time ?
I know my best friend loves me.
I don't have to think about it all the time, even though I don't see her every day.

God showed how Christs time of the cross was the hour of darkness and power, how the prince of this world came against Christ

Luke 22:53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Now we are made aware also that the whole world is in wickedness and that the god of this worlod is what we are left in,

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
Now you're trying to convince me we live in a wicked world? I think we all know this.

It's OK if you don't agree with me.
I made my point, that's really it.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are TAKEN CAPTIVE BY HIM AT WILL.
OK Gordon.
Let's not get carried away.

things above..

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Colossians 3:1-4
1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your[a] life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.../

Philippians 4:8
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.../

So you see, as believers in Jesus our Lord and Savior, we are to remain in communion with him and give to Him our focus. This is respectful.

Giving your attention and focus to satan is almost like paying homage to him. That's how he thinks. satan himself could mmaterialize right in front of me and I wouldn't even speak to him or look at him. For I would be talking to the Lord!
Lord what should I do here?
Remember when peter walked on water and as soon as he took his focus off of the Lord, he began to sink? That's the same biblical principle. Give no attention to the enemy, give him no soapbox and keep your focus upon our deliverer, and remember those very important words of the Lord's prayer, deliver us from evil. Say it with conviction and resolve.

I know my best friend loves me.
I don't have to think about it all the time, even though I don't see her every day.
Jesus tells us the things that let us have peace ( to have good cheer, believing that He overcame the world, overcame the god of this world, when the rulers and the people of this world, rose up against the Lord and His Christ. Acts 4:26.)

Apostle Paul tells us how the preaching of the gospel is not made with wisdom of words, as that wisdom ( of men of this world) makes the cross of no effect.

The preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that perish, to those who are saved ( believing in the preaching of the cross) it is the power of God. ( we must believe and not deny the power of the word.) and the wisdom of the wise is destroyed ( Christ destroyed him that had the power of death, the god of this world. 2 Corinthians 4:4. Hebrews 2:14.)

Apostle Paul did not come to the people with wisdom, but declared unto them the testimony of God. ( not teaching, only declaring for belief.) as Apostle Paul determined nothing among the people but the crucifixion of Christ. ( how Christ overcame this world and the wicked one for us to follow and also overcome. Revelation 2:7. 2:11. 2:17. 2:26. 3:12. 3:21.)

Apostle Paul makes clear, he was not sent to baptize, ( that is the wisdom of men of this world.) because we are buried with Christ in baptism, to be quickened together with Him, to blot out the accusations against us, nailing them to His cross.

That was salvation come to us, as that accuser of the brothers was cast down, and this is the overcoming of the same one, by not loving our lives to the death. ( this is the preaching of the cross, and it is the wisdom of God to those who are saved.)

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1 Corinthians 2:And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Revelation 11:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Colossians 3:1-4
1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your[a] life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.../

Philippians 4:8
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.../

So you see, as believers in Jesus our Lord and Savior, we are to remain in communion with him and give to Him our focus. This is respectful.

Giving your attention and focus to satan is almost like paying homage to him. That's how he thinks. satan himself could mmaterialize right in front of me and I wouldn't even speak to him or look at him. For I would be talking to the Lord!
Lord what should I do here?
Remember when peter walked on water and as soon as he took his focus off of the Lord, he began to sink? That's the same biblical principle. Give no attention to the enemy, give him no soapbox and keep your focus upon our deliverer, and remember those very important words of the Lord's prayer, deliver us from evil. Say it with conviction and resolve.
The words we are given by Christ, are things from above, they are the Word from Heaven. ( John 6:63. 2 Timothy 3:16.)

They are not words from this earth, nor from hell, they are Gods Word.

Also it has been testified we are to know Jesus Christ and Him crucified, that was declared how that happened, by the prince of this world coming against Christ, and that same god of this world is our adversary, and to overcome him, ( as we must do) is to believe that Christ overcame this world, by not being possible to be held in death, by the devil who had the power of death, and this is what gave us the victory over death.

You see, it is not a difficult testimony to know, and to believe in Christ rising from the dead, we need to know why He had to die, and who caused it, and who was overcome in it. ( this is how we are delivered from death.)

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

1 Corinthians 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Again I say for everyone, this declares absolutely, that trusting in persons, instead of in God alone, means absolutely nothing, as God already is everything.

Jesus tells us the things that let us have peace ( to have good cheer, believing that He overcame the world, overcame the god of this world, when the rulers and the people of this world, rose up against the Lord and His Christ. Acts 4:26.)

Apostle Paul tells us how the preaching of the gospel is not made with wisdom of words, as that wisdom ( of men of this world) makes the cross of no effect.

The preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that perish, to those who are saved ( believing in the preaching of the cross) it is the power of God. ( we must believe and not deny the power of the word.) and the wisdom of the wise is destroyed ( Christ destroyed him that had the power of death, the god of this world. 2 Corinthians 4:4. Hebrews 2:14.)

Apostle Paul did not come to the people with wisdom, but declared unto them the testimony of God. ( not teaching, only declaring for belief.) as Apostle Paul determined nothing among the people but the crucifixion of Christ. ( how Christ overcame this world and the wicked one for us to follow and also overcome. Revelation 2:7. 2:11. 2:17. 2:26. 3:12. 3:21.)

Apostle Paul makes clear, he was not sent to baptize, ( that is the wisdom of men of this world.) because we are buried with Christ in baptism, to be quickened together with Him, to blot out the accusations against us, nailing them to His cross.

That was salvation come to us, as that accuser of the brothers was cast down, and this is the overcoming of the same one, by not loving our lives to the death. ( this is the preaching of the cross, and it is the wisdom of God to those who are saved.)

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1 Corinthians 2:And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Revelation 11:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
See Gordon, I don't understand why you're posting the above to me so it makes it difficult to respond to you.

If you read post no. 275 that is what I feel re your posts that seemed to me to obsess too much with satan.

I'm not going to debate this. You're allowed to do that if you so wish since it has nothing to do with soteriology and I won't debate.

However, yes, I do agree with Edward .

Last edited:
See Gordon, I don't understand why you're posting the above to me so it makes it difficult to respond to you.

If you read post no. 275 that is what I feel re your posts that seemed to me to obsess too much with satan.

I'm not going to debate this. You're allowed to do that if you so wish since it has nothing to do with soteriology and I won't debate.

However, yes, I do agree with Edward .
To overcome this world is being aware of what we are to overcome. ( calling it obsession, does not take away from that at all.)

As for holy communion, it is the communion with the Holy Ghost:

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Which means again, no communion with darkness..

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

First the person has to be worthy of Christ:

1 Corinthians 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Confessing sins is not being worthy, ceasing to sin is...

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Not hearing those who have forsaken the right way ( yet in their sins, hating another, instead of love which works no ill to your neighbour. Titus 3:3.)

2 Peter 2: 14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

OK
I just don't agree.
Being aware and obsessing are different.
We can't even agree on this!
:)
It is your words ( presumption) of obsession.

That is why we have this warning for the end times too:

2 Peter 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. PRESUMPTUOUS are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly PERISH IN THEIR OWN CORRUPTION;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. SPOTS they are and BLEMISHES, SPORTING THEMSELVES WITH THEIR OWN DECEIVINGS WHILE THEY FEAST WITH YOU;
14 HAVING EYES FULL OF ADULTERY, AND THAT CANNOT CEASE FROM SIN; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the SERVGANTS OF CORRUPTION: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they ARE AGAIN ENTANGLED THEREIN, AND OVERCOME, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

If anyone remembers, the words were regarding Christ overcoming this wicked world and how we overcome, not be OVERCOME( overcome even as Christ also overcame.)

Labelling it obsession is the same as having no care whatsoever for the testimony and warning God has given to us all.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Back