Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question About Holy Communion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It is implied in your reply that you are the only one taught by the holy spirit as you said I can't be right because I read books.
It is not implied by me that one should not read books as there are many authors that are anointed by the Holy Spirit that have written books to help teach us. Derick Prince is just not one of them as I have shown by what he and the Shepherd movement is all about. We are to test the spirits that are out there whether they speak truth or error, 1 John 4:1-6.

Here is another friendly warning. Do not imply what is not there in another's post, but address it as a question of one explaining what they mean.

I don't need mans theology books or commentaries to study from their carnal logical interpretations of scripture that does not line up with scripture when I have the ultimate book to study from called the Sword, which means the word of God for what He gave the prophets and Apostles to write

What you have said is me and the bible is all I need. So you guys out there who think you have something to contribute in your books is wasting your time. What you have said cannot be inspired by the Holy Spirit so it is rubbish.

So, you think that "In His Steps" by Corrie Ten Boom is waste of time?

So you think that "Life Sentence" by Charles Colson is a waste of time?

So you think that "Covenant People" by Tony Morton is a waste of time?

So you think that the "Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible" edited by Walter Elwell is a waste of time?

So you thiink that "Evangelism in the Early Church" by Michael Green is a waste of time?
If you notice I said carnal knowledge. The only one I am familiar with in that list is Corrie Ten Boom in whom I know was of the Lord and the witness and testimony she gave of Him.

Jesus said, "And in the same way he took the cup after they had eaten saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood." Luke 22:20 (present tense)

Why can't you stick to the subject of the OP?
I'm answering to what you are saying.

The cup was not poured out till the next day when Jesus died.
That would be His blood.
And He broke the bread, but His body would not be broken till the next day when He was crucified.

A testament, or covenant does not go into effect till the person dies.
You know....
The New Testament.....

And yes, not just anyone can give communion. And it used to be a meal but with the growth of the church it became inconvenient.

And it should be done every time we meet as a church community. And it should be taken in a dignified manner, and we should make peace with someone or forgive a trespass, and our sins should be confessed.

This is a remembrance, not just something to be remembered.

Oh please! I can just as easily say the same words: "It's not according to me as it is according to the scriptures I already posted. If you want to argue that which has already been written then you need to take that up with God who is the author."

Jesus did not deny Judas the bread or wine.
I never said Jesus denied him. I only said he took it unworthily as he was guilty of the body and blood of Christ as he already sold Him out.

This has nothing to do with the subject of the thread: question about holy communion.
It has everything to do with what andy pandy is presenting here in this thread and the false teachings he replies with.
One does not always know the foundation of that which they follow.

I never said Jesus denied him. I only said he took it unworthily as he was guilty of the body and blood of Christ as he already sold Him out.
Do you believe the Last Supper was the first communion,,,
Or the meal Jesus had with His 2 disciples when they got to Emmaus?

Do you believe the Last Supper was the first communion,,,
Or the meal Jesus had with His 2 disciples when they got to Emmaus?
It was not the first communion as Jesus had not been crucified yet. It was the institution of the Lord's last supper that He would eat with His disciples as they were gathered there for the Passover meal. Matthew 26:26-29.

(Putting what Jesus spoke in red letters as written in the scriptures)

Mat 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
Mat 26:2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.
Mat 26:3 Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
Mat 26:4 And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him.
Mat 26:5 But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Jesus had already told His disciples He was going to be crucified, but not until the Passover was finished at dusk as that is when they came and took Jesus away. The crucifixion of Christ was foretold by Isaiah in Isaiah Chapter 53. Jesus broke bread (symbol of His body) and gave them wine (symbol of His blood) at the end of the Passover meal that they should partake of the body and blood of Christ. Luke and Paul were the only two, who by the way were not there, that wrote, "do this in remembrance of me, Luke 22:19; 1Corinthians 11:25.

Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

1Cor 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1Cor 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Cor 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

It was not the first communion as Jesus had not been crucified yet. It was the institution of the Lord's last supper that He would eat with His disciples as they were gathered there for the Passover meal. Matthew 26:26-29.

(Putting what Jesus spoke in red letters as written in the scriptures)

Mat 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
Mat 26:2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.
Mat 26:3 Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
Mat 26:4 And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him.
Mat 26:5 But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Jesus had already told His disciples He was going to be crucified, but not until the Passover was finished at dusk as that is when they came and took Jesus away. The crucifixion of Christ was foretold by Isaiah in Isaiah Chapter 53. Jesus broke bread (symbol of His body) and gave them wine (symbol of His blood) at the end of the Passover meal that they should partake of the body and blood of Christ. Luke and Paul were the only two, who by the way were not there, that wrote, "do this in remembrance of me, Luke 22:19; 1Corinthians 11:25.

Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

1Cor 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1Cor 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Cor 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

I started a thread on this under BIBLE STUDY
THE FIRST COMMUNION.

I thought it was an interesting question to ponder....
Please check it out if you can.

(the above will not answer what I was asking...)

If you notice I said carnal knowledge. The only one I am familiar with in that list is Corrie Ten Boom in whom I know was of the Lord and the witness and testimony she gave of Him.
So Corrie Ten Boom is OK. So how can she be as she wrote books which you despise.

The fact that you said carnal knowledge makes your comment even worse as you are condeming men and women of God who have been around for a long time and are acknowledged by the church as men and women who have the credentials and proved themselves with godly and humble living.

It is not implied by me that one should not read books as there are many authors that are anointed by the Holy Spirit that have written books to help teach us. Derick Prince is just not one of them as I have shown by what he and the Shepherd movement is all about. We are to test the spirits that are out there whether they speak truth or error, 1 John 4:1-6.

Here is another friendly warning. Do not imply what is not there in another's post, but address it as a question of one explaining what they mean.
So all that about not rreading books because all we need is the bible and the holy spirit was just a figment of my imagination?

Again I will repost this part of this false religion that you have become indoctrinated in.

The end result of shepherding is that it puts the submissive person in a position of having two masters – Jesus Christ and a personal shepherd. Over time the shepherd gains more power and control over the one being shepherded, and Jesus Christ is terribly overshadowed. In other words, shepherding becomes nothing more than an idolatrous religious system. Unfortunately, all kinds of abuse resulted from the shepherding movement. Extensive documentation exists describing the abuses that took place. In hindsight, what started out as a method of accountability morphed into a system of enslaved people.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

As I said, I know all about the shepherding movement. I saw some of the abuse and I saw some of the good things about it. But as you have already made your mind up and have shut your mind to the good things that happened so you can criticise the bad things, I will leave you to your trawling through the negatives.

Wow!!! So you reject all that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Paul wrote about the breaking of bread and drinking the wine? What is so wrong in keeping remembrance of what Christ did for us. Paul and Luke both wrote, do this in remembrance of me.
Wow! So you reject everything if it does not fit your theology. How immature.

Hi Andy,
I know all about autism.
Everything you say above is true....
may I make a suggestion?

In your signature line, maybe you could write something to the effect that you have autism.
It'll make others be aware of the "problem". Another of our members does this, but autism is not the problem.

I just want to say that I know that everything you do you had to learn, one thing at a time...even what to say and what not to say.
I don't know how old you are or how far up on the spectrum you are....
but I know that you CAN control, somewhat, what you say or write.
MAYBE...it depends where you are on the spectrum and I'm not going to speculate.

I think it's wonderful that you're a born again Christian...my granddaughter is also.
She loves Jesus more than most persons do.
This is because she can express her feelings and she does have emotions,,,but this does not mean that YOU do.

Yes. I think a footnote in your signature line might be a good idea.
Just a suggestion.

I can't remember if I welcomed you to the forum..I think I did...
but anyway...

View attachment 12010
Thankyou for your post. I will certainly follow your advice. I am 79 years old and very high on the spectrtum. The higher you are the more difficult it is to suffer fools gladly.

One of the reasons for my being here is to help me modulate what I say. I have come a long way in that regard. I am like putty compared to what I used to be like. But at the end of the day, I will always be to the point but people have to learn that it doesn't mean critcism. To me, all I am doing is stating facts AS I SEE THEM but I know not everyone sees them the same way.

I exercise grace for the people tha attack me so they need to do the same.

I'm not suggesting that others don't test the spirits. What I am suggesting is that we cannot know if that is what they have done. Books can be published whether filled with truth or deception so we must be responsible to also test what is written against Scripture. This is also true when it comes to higher education.

My whole point was that just because you have read lots of books or have higher education credits does not make you an authority necessarily. It could but there's no guarantee.

You have made my point quite well in your post but I also have to ask, why do you say it is no use to trust the Holy Spirit to show me the truth?
You have made my point quite well in your post but I also have to ask, why do you say it is no use to trust the Holy Spirit to show me the truth? I did not say that.

You will have to forgive me but you give the impression that you test the spirits but no one else does.

I don't know if you realise that higher education is essential if you want to get into a university and lecture and have some influence on the lives of the students who attend.

And likewise, the fact that you keep clear of books and higher education does not make you an authority.

One of Derek Princes greatest attributes is that he has a Ph.D. in biblical languages and that was the subject he taught at uni as a professor. In all his writing, He always backed up what he said by quoting the orginal language of scripture. You can't get any better than that.

[ACMP=reminder]
This thread is about Holy Communion.

Please keep the subject matter about the subject, and focus on what the scriptures teach, not what the commentaries of men teach, which may or may not be scriptural.

It’s good to be passionate, about the things of God.

Let’s not let our passion ignite division and strife.

God bless you and keep you all.

JLB

[/ACMP]

[ACMP=reminder]
Wow! So you reject everything if it does not fit your theology. How immature.
Please be mindful to avoid personal comments and stick to discussing the topic of the thread. This is one area where you have repeatedly violated our Terms of Service and it must be kept in check. We don't want these discussions to get ugly.
[/ACMP]

Oops, I guess I quoted and responded before reading the rest of the discussion and didn't notice that JLB has already given a similar reminder.

Oops, I guess I quoted and responded before reading the rest of the discussion and didn't notice that JLB has already given a similar reminder.

I think what you said, was appropriate because you have been involved in this thread longer than I have.

Well said.

JLB

Back