Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Questions for Creationists

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

Heather S

Hi all, I'm new here. I had no idea (until recently) that there were still so many people that were YECs, or that were still trying to disprove evolution.

To all YECs out there - what is your single most important reason, besides the Bible, to believe that the earth was created approximately 6,000 years ago?

To other creationists - what is your single most important reason, besides the Bible, to believe that evolution is false?

Heather

Sorry - there was a problem with my server and I triple posted. Just ignore the bottom 2.

Im with you on this one Heather, until a few months ago i didnt know the debate still exsisted. I was raised believing we evolved, and never really questioned it. It amazes me how people will not only try to dis-prove evolution, but how they will lie and twist things to make creation true in there eyes.

Heather S said:
Hi all, I'm new here. I had no idea (until recently) that there were still so many people that were YECs, or that were still trying to disprove evolution.

Heather

There really isn't that many. However those that are , are well organized and very vocal. If you recall history it was Hitler(I believe) that is you tell a lie enough times people will eventually believe it and the bigger the lie the more believable it becomes.The problem becomes compounded by our degrading school system that has failed in its mission to teach by dumbing down students and expecting less from them.

the problem

pearlz said:
Im with you on this one Heather, until a few months ago i didnt know the debate still exsisted. I was raised believing we evolved, and never really questioned it. It amazes me how people will not only try to dis-prove evolution, but how they will lie and twist things to make creation true in there eyes.
It's not only the goal to make creationism true in their eyes , the goal is to make it true in the eyes of everyone else. The main proponents of YEC's are Evangelicals who's main goal is to instill Christianity into the government . By getting such things as Creationism taught in schools , even as an alternate theory they have opened the door to other possibilities regarding putting their brand of God in both the school and government.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back