Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Questions for Men and Women

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Another interesting question is how many here who are Christian are married to non-Christians, Atheists etc or who would consider it.

The power of the gospel and conviction of sin
can cause anyone to be an ex sinner...One day I hope you become an ex-atheist whatever:sad

Maybe I will. Maybe all the things you talk about are shown to be true and I one day see the light and repent on my sinful life.............

...doubt it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 40 and was with a man who was 30 (we were both non-christian) and we had a relationship for 4 years. At the time it worked but I started thinking long term and thought when I am 50 he will be 40 and put myself mentally how he would be at 40.

We ended our relationship and remained friends but both got married to people our own age. I am really happy because my husband is a Christian and I became a Christian before we got married. So it all worked out for both of us but I would not have been saved if I would have stayed with him. It does make a difference when you start getting up there-things change between 40 & 50, which I now am.

I was 40 and was with a man who was 30 (we were both non-christian) and we had a relationship for 4 years. At the time it worked but I started thinking long term and thought when I am 50 he will be 40 and put myself mentally how he would be at 40.

We ended our relationship and remained friends but both got married to people our own age. I am really happy because my husband is a Christian and I became a Christian before we got married. So it all worked out for both of us but I would not have been saved if I would have stayed with him. It does make a difference when you start getting up there-things change between 40 & 50, which I now am.

I agree with you.

The 40-ish transition is very interesting, anyway.

I think it's good to be able to acknowledge the strength of the Lord through all such transitions.

I wouldn't choose someone younger than myself, although if that is who I am led to then I guess I would.

I do prefer older men.

Back in the 80's I used to hang around a 30-something woman who was 14 years my senior. I would not have minded marrying her. Looked like Agnetha Faltskog, too. :yes For you younger ones out there who don't know who she is, cut and copy the name and google her picture, and that is what I hung around (can you blame me?). And to make it doubly appealing, she was a Christian. Only downside was she was divorced. My mother claimed she would never marry again she was so hurt at one time, and she was right. As far as I can tell, she's single to this very day, even late into her 60's.

My present wife is my age, slightly older by a mere 4 months, and graduated one year ahead of me. Frankly, she was the "youngest" I ever remembering dating. ;)

Back in the 80's I used to hang around a 30-something woman who was 14 years my senior. I would not have minded marrying her. Looked like Agnetha Faltskog, too. :yes For you younger ones out there who don't know who she is, cut and copy the name and google her picture, and that is what I hung around (can you blame me?). And to make it doubly appealing, she was a Christian. Only downside was she was divorced. My mother claimed she would never marry again she was so hurt at one time, and she was right. As far as I can tell, she's single to this very day, even late into her 60's.

My present wife is my age, slightly older by a mere 4 months, and graduated one year ahead of me. Frankly, she was the "youngest" I ever remembering dating. ;)

Mr. Tim...is your wife a mathematician too:) You seem to be a happy married man:clap

Hard to say before meeting that person, but generally 5 years younger, but I don't think I'd date anyone 2 years older.

One of my aunties is 10 years older than me, and 13 years younger than her husband. It really depends on the couple I guess.

It's what we are inwardly that matters. Paul to the Ephesians speaks of the 'inner man', the inner person; righteousness by faith in Christ and true holiness are what really count. Even outwardly, I guess, age need not be especially important; for example an older woman can be a platinum blonde with a fashionable tufty haircut, wear 'younger' styles, extra ear piercings, heels, maybe a tatt, etc., like a younger woman, yet these things are unimportant compared with how a person is inwardly and spiritually.

Back in the 80's I used to hang around a 30-something woman who was 14 years my senior. I would not have minded marrying her. Looked like Agnetha Faltskog, too. For you younger ones out there who don't know who she is, cut and copy the name and google her picture, and that is what I hung around (can you blame me?). And to make it doubly appealing, she was a Christian. Only downside was she was divorced. My mother claimed she would never marry again she was so hurt at one time, and she was right. As far as I can tell, she's single to this very day, even late into her 60's. My present wife is my age, slightly older by a mere 4 months, and graduated one year ahead of me. Frankly, she was the "youngest" I ever remembering dating.
Agnetha Faltskog, her pic - ol boy

My sister claims it's better to marry an older man. Female = 20, male = Say 35. (10 - 15yrs older). Her reason is that both would age uniformly - that if a woman gives birth her body changes and she looks older. So if the age difference is too small the woman will/may look older than the man. However if the difference is up to 10....both would appear to age uniformly and you won't notice one is older. There's sense in it tho

I'm five years older than Steve... That probably would have made a difference if we had met when he was 18 and I was 23... but since we met when he was 33 and I was 38, didn't seem like a big deal at all and it still doesn't.

Viola has an eye on a guy 7 years older than her... that's the same age difference as my sister and her husband and Steve's mom and dad... those marriages certainly worked out.

Depends very much on the couple.

Mr. Tim...is your wife a mathematician too:) You seem to be a happy married man:clap

I am happily married, not that I don't irritate my wife at times :lol but she's fantastic and a strong woman (in the Lord, too). She really puts up with a lot concerning me. But she knows I love her, too.

As for mathematics, yes she's more intelligent than my older woman "Agnetha Faltskog" was, who was a dizzy blond type (but at least a hard worker so I don't sound like I'm being derogatory). My wife claims that she does not know much math, but she was church treasurer and in addition I once found an old text book of hers where she did calculus equations! She said she did not remember it, but I checked them out and she was right! She has the ability, just not the interest in something that deep, I guess. My wife's educational areas was in business and specifically a real estate agent, and later in medical billing. The first did not work out for her, but the latter she's making more money than I am now (however, in all fairness to myself I used to have a major industrial microelectronics career but was laid off only to get similar, albeit a cheaper employment "job" (not a career) with a smaller outfit)

Both our sons are into mechanical engineering, so the math genes are there from both my wife and I.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back