Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Re: The Day of the Lord!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Darrell dunn said:
I read other peoples Books once in a while, but put their word in question as soon as I find a mistake.

And this man Rosenthal, Makes a mistake when he says that the flood happened on the day that Noah entered the ark,

Gen.7:4 & 7:10 Say that it was 7 days before it started raining.

My question again have you met satan face to face????????

God gives us 2 examples of salvation and being Spirit filled,

1. Is Israel crossing the Red sea, (salvation)
Then crossing the Jordan ( baptism in the Spirit)

2. Is Jesus dieing then being resurrected ( being Born again )
Then being filled with the Spirit ( Pentecost)

There is a time of commitment between the two.
God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.Heb.11:6

He dose not give the spirit at the rebirth, as a baby in Christ.

And there is a lot of wrong teaching about thisw.

Darrell, no one is perfect. And even people far from perfect, may know something that we don't. We can't then, become an island unto ourselves. I suspect that Mr. Young, and Mr. Strong, both attended church somewhere, and most likely had far more understanding of scriptures than some of the pastors they sat under.

I don't think that was the only mistake that Rosenthal made, if indeed that was a mistake. However, he did make some good points in his book. No, I have never met Satan face to face. But even if I had, what would that prove? Why the question?

How do you know that Israel crossing the red sea, and then crossing the Jordan refers to salvation and then the baptism of the Spirit? Perhaps it was just them crossing, because it was necessary at that time. Why does this have to refer to anything? If we want an example of salvation and then baptism with the HS, we have two excellent examples in Acts 8 and Acts 19.

I really don't believe that Jesus was "born again." Can you find some scripture?

God does not give the Spirit at rebirth? Are you referring to the mighty baptism with the HS? And you are saying that God does not give this to new Christians? How long do you think they have to wait? Did you not read Acts 10, where perhaps only miliseconds separated salvation from the filling?

You are correct, there is MUCH wrong teaching about the baptism of the HS, as the second work of the HS. But this is the wrong thread for that.

Coop

Hi guys, just checking in. :wink:

I read other peoples Books once in a while, but put their word in question as soon as I find a mistake.

And this man Rosenthal, Makes a mistake when he says that the flood happened on the day that Noah entered the ark,
Darrell, you will have to show me where he said that. It's not in my book. Even if he did, you may want to reread the account of the flood again.

... 10 And it was after the seven days, the waters of the flood came into being on the earth....

... 13 ¶ In this same day Noah and Shem and Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, went into the ark;
(LITV)

You just posed the same dilemma the skeptic poses.

THE ATHEIST'S COMPLAINT:
When did Noah enter the ark? Genesis 7:7-10 says it was seven days before the flood, while Genesis 7:11-13 says it was on the day that the flood began. Is there a contradiction?

RESPONSE:
It would seem quite silly for the Bible writer to make two contradictory statements in so close a proximity to one another. The questioner perceives that these texts contradict one another for two reasons, 1) because he has failed to read the text carefully, and 2) because he is seeking to find contradiction, which in turn, causes the careless reading mentioned.

Notice, between verses 7-10, we are plainly told that Noah and his family were in the ark seven days before the “..waters of the flood were upon the earth.†Does that mean Noah entered the ark seven days before it began to rain? No, that is the questioner’s assumption of what the text says. From verse 11-13, it is evident that Noah and his family entered the ark on the same day when the rain began. I suggest, and the Bible text reveals, that the whole surface of the earth was not instantaneously flooded, but that the waters prevailed upon the land in a steady progression which took seven days in total, at which time “...the waters of the flood were upon (ie. covering) the earth.â€Â
http://www.lookinguntojesus.net/ata20030706.htm

lecoop

Jesus met the devil face to face before he started his work,

And I met the devil face to face before God told me where to witness.

And I once heard the black preacher that was on 700 club say he had also.

And there is only one absolute truth. not bits and peaces.

And God told me that it only takes 1 or 2 words wrong that makes it a lie.

As for Jesus being born again, that is what happened when he came out of the grave.

He had to die spiritally to be come sin for us 2Cor.5:21

That is why scripture says that He is the first born of many brothren.

I get my answers direct from God not out of anyones book.

When God taught me propheice, I told Him I needed help putting togather the people to help write a book, He ask who told me to write a book, And I said I thought that was what He would want me to do, And He said I have not called you to write a book.

When I said that was what most do. He told me that they had ran after the error of Balaam for reward.Jude11

Vic

Every scripture has to fit perfectly for it to be the Truth.

God did not put one extra word in scripture, not one.

So if every scripture does not fit ,then it's a lie.

Darrell dunn said:
lecoop

So What?

And there is only one absolute truth. not bits and peaces.

Only God has absolute truth. You may have some truth, I may have some truth. Of course we strive to have everything we say be truth, but we fall short. It would be nice if before we read a thread, or listened to a sermon, we could "read the label" and see something like, "55% Truth, 45 percent human reasoning, 10 percent falsehoods," but we don't get that choice, as we do with food. So we "eat the hay, and leave the sticks," so to speak.

And God told me that it only takes 1 or 2 words wrong that makes it a lie.

A "lie" usually means an "intent to decieve." For many that you read after on these threads, there is no intent to decieve; only error in doctrine: an "untruth." You and I are not excluded.

As for Jesus being born again, that is what happened when he came out of the grave.

He had to die spiritally to be come sin for us 2Cor.5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

Are you intending to decieve? I don't think so. But I disagree. Sorry, but this just does not convey that Jesus died spiritually. He was sinless, but God allowed Himself to pay for it. Sin was put upon Him "as if" he had sinned.

That is why scripture says that He is the first born of many brothren.

AGain, I do not think you are intending to deceive.

Colossians 1:18
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

There are other ideas that can be conveyed by "firstborn." For instance, Jesus' fleshly body was the very first human body to take on imortality. He was the firstborn to get the resurrection body. However, if we could examine the spirit inside the body, we find God Himself, the second person of the trinity. What you are saying is that God Himself because sin. No, I can not believe that, and there is no scripture that proves this. This idea of Jesus dying spiritually has been faught against by men like Hank Hanegraaff. If there was a good scriptural argument against it (or for it) , he would have found it, but all he had is human reasoning, as I have. However, if you can find a verse that says God Himself can become sin, then I will agree with you.

I get my answers direct from God not out of anyones book.

How many times have I read words like this on threads just like this; yet I know that what they were writing was not truth. Either their spiritual hearing is faulty, or they are listening to the wrong spirit. Either one is possible.

When God taught me propheice, I told Him I needed help putting togather the people to help write a book, He ask who told me to write a book, And I said I thought that was what He would want me to do, And He said I have not called you to write a book.

When I said that was what most do. He told me that they had ran after the error of Balaam for reward.Jude11

Vic

Every scripture has to fit perfectly for it to be the Truth.

God did not put one extra word in scripture, not one.

I agree.

So if every scripture does not fit ,then it's a lie.

Coop's answers in brown

Re: reply

golfjack said:
I agree with Darrel on this one. Hank Hannegraff= disgusting.

May God bless, golfjack

I would not use the word disgusting. He is a brother in the Lord. I have noticed though, that a lot of time on his programs are to sell stuff. However, there are many names I could have picked, I just happened to think of him first, because I heard him answer this very question on the radio.

Coop

1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you. and YE NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU OF ALL THINGS, AND IS TRUTH,AND IS NO LIE.AND EVEN AS IT(HE) HATH TAUGHT YOU, YE SHALL ABIDE IN HIM.

Now that tells me that the Spirit of God will teach me and not a man.

Now the problem is that they take a bit of truth and add to it to fill a book.

Then it becomes a lie. They just wanted to sell a book. not lie to you.

And the idea that everyone has a bit of truth, is ok as long as you stay with that bit, and not try to take it into the whole bible until you have been given more truth. AND IT DOES NOT BEGIN WITH A BOOK, that someone else wrote.

It comes from the Spirit of God.

lecoop said:
Darrell dunn said:
lecoop

So What?

Because the devil will challenge God about filling you with the Holy Spirit , and he will come tempting you with what ever you have had your faith in.

In my case it was my possessions, and satan and I spent time burning everyone of them, my car, my house, my money,my job, my wife.
And after it was over I asked God what was that. Then he told me that He was filling me with the Spirit, and satan had challenged it.

A short time later my wife met him and he said if she kept this up he would take her children, It took some time but she later ran him off ,

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back