Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Reality of Heaven and Hell

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Just an aside: please let's keep this a bit more civilized. Calling people hypocrites, self-righteous or unsaved...this serves no purpose.

scutato said:
Just an aside: please let's keep this a bit more civilized. Calling people hypocrites, self-righteous or unsaved...this serves no purpose.

Scutato
I can tell you get it, but I gots to tell you. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen :wink:

There are many people like Voyer who deny the power of the Gospel and say its full of contridictions and deny Christ his deity and so forth.. I present the scriptures in context and others present thier man made theories.

Welcome to the jungle.
Jg

jgredline said:
Romans 5:6-11
6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Romans 5:19-21
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

So you see Voy
I am Righteous not by anything that I do, but because Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour and am made righteous through his blood. If you have a problem with that, take it up with GOD.

Your pagan theology holds no water.
One day when or if your born again, you too will be made righteous.
Blessings to you.
Jg

Why couldn't you have entered this in as a new post, as opposed to editing the existing one which I pointed out was an attempt to avoid the issue?

I will take my chances with God on judgment day, seeing as how God is the only one who can judge me.

God knows I have a good heart, and that is all that matters.

Hey guys ...what do you all think about the reality of heaven and hell . . .? :wink:

Voyageur said:

I will take my chances with God on judgment day, seeing as how God is the only one who can judge me.

God knows I have a good heart, and that is all that matters.

Friend
I would encourage you to reconsider what you have just said. You see the bible teaches that unless you are born again and have placed your faith in Jesus Christ you indeed will be judged. You do not want to visit the great white thrown judgement seat...
The bible als teaches that there is not one that is good, no not one.. We can only be made righteous through Jesus and Jesus alone.

Romans 3:10-18
10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one." 13 "Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit"; "The poison of asps is under their lips"; 14 "Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness." 15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood; 16 Destruction and misery are in their ways; 17 And the way of peace they have not known." 18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Does this sound familiar to you. It should, it speaks of you..

Rev 20:11-15
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, F109 and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Friend
If you do not know JESUS and judging but what you have said in this thread and other post of yours, your name is not in the Lambs book of life.
So no matter how good a person you think you are, the scriptures say otherwise.

Jg

Voyageur said:
jgredline-

You know... it's funny. You are my foil (well, many individual's foil) on this forum.

And I am equally repulsed and drawn to your polemics. I have never seen anyone so tenaciously elevate their interpretation of the Bible above all others.

I think that when I move out to Los Angeles in a few weeks, we should meet up.

I think you will find me a completely agreeable person.

Cheers,

DJ

DJ
I will take that as a compliment. 8-)
I know I get on some peoples nerves and at the same time, I get alot of PM's of encouragement.. Seriously though, if you come out to LA let me know and perhaps we can continue our friendly debates over lunch.
blessings.
Javier

lily of God said:
SputnikBoy said:
Hey guys ...what do you all think about the reality of heaven and hell . . .? :wink:

If you don't believe hell like the way jgredline and others do, you are not born again and not Christian. Are you with jg too? :wink:

Like I said, no one will jump down your throat if you can back up your beliefs with Scripture.

And it has to be more than one verse taken out of context - figured I should add that just in case :tongue

Taking cheap shots at people instead of defending your views isn't exactly honorable.

lily of God said:
Gabbylittleangel said:
We are, with our Christian attitude, trying to bring you to the knowledge of the truth of the Bible.

This is what I mean by your superiority complex. It is not of God. You are not authority of the Bible. Who made you the judge of right interpretation? This kind of attitude was and is Catholics' too. They even killed their opposers.

I am here to express my beliefs and convictions. I am very much Christian whether you give me permission or not.

So, Attonment, I am not welcome here because I don't agree with your theology/interpretation of the Bible?
You sound just like the gingercat of old. Are you back again, against the rules of this forum, or are you someone else other than gingercat?

jgredline said:
Voyageur said:
jgredline-

You know... it's funny. You are my foil (well, many individual's foil) on this forum.

And I am equally repulsed and drawn to your polemics. I have never seen anyone so tenaciously elevate their interpretation of the Bible above all others.

I think that when I move out to Los Angeles in a few weeks, we should meet up.

I think you will find me a completely agreeable person.

Cheers,

DJ

DJ
I will take that as a compliment. 8-)
I know I get on some peoples nerves and at the same time, I get alot of PM's of encouragement.. Seriously though, if you come out to LA let me know and perhaps we can continue our friendly debates over lunch.
blessings.
Javier

Indeed.

God doesn't want anybody to go to hell. He loves all. He doesn't want anybody to go to hell, and that's why he gave us Christians the great commission: To go out and preach the truth to all creation.

For those who hate God and do evil, and to all the non-believers, they will get their judgement eventually. Us Christians just have to carry on doing the right thing.

Also, we have to remember that we don't have to choose hell. There is more than one option :biggrin

AJB4 said:
God doesn't want anybody to go to hell. He loves all. He doesn't want anybody to go to hell, and that's why he gave us Christians the great commission: To go out and preach the truth to all creation.

For those who hate God and do evil, and to all the non-believers, they will get their judgement eventually. Us Christians just have to carry on doing the right thing.

Also, we have to remember that we don't have to choose hell. There is more than one option :biggrin

Well-said :)

AJB4 said:

The interesting point of contention of the unbelieving is that they do not understand that all mankind is condemned already, and they have no other avenue to travel as they are spiritually dead brought about by the sin of Adam. Only until the Spirit quickens one of these condemned already individuals and shows them the truth of the work of Jesus Christ bearing their sin, dying on the cross, resurrecting from the dead, and living forever more; can one be born again and not condemned no longer.

There is no choice that an unbeliever can make until God opens his eyes to the truth. When that truth is manifested to the unbeliever, the unbeliever can believe or not. If he believes, he will gain eternal life; if he does not believe, he will gain eternal punishment.
Read John 3 and Matthew 25.

mutzrein said:
I do - and our churches seem to be full of them.
mutzrein...I asked you in another topic your belief about the eternal consequences for the unsaved. I suspect vic will lock that topic because it was turned into UR.
What do you believe will happen to the unsaved when they stand before God?
BTW...I agree with what you stated above, it's in scripture and it's also
something we can see for ourselves.
If you do happen to answer this where I asked it in apologetics first, just disregard this. I hope nobody will start arguing for UR in the meantime!
Thanks

destiny said:
mutzrein...I asked you in another topic your belief about the eternal consequences for the unsaved. I suspect vic will lock that topic because it was turned into UR.
What do you believe will happen to the unsaved when they stand before God?
BTW...I agree with what you stated above, it's in scripture and it's also
something we can see for ourselves.
If you do happen to answer this where I asked it in apologetics first, just disregard this. I hope nobody will start arguing for UR in the meantime!
Thanks

Hi Destiny - yes I did briefly see that you had asked this question in Apologetics, had started to respond, got diverted and haven't yet got back to it. I will check back on that thread and post there if it is still open. If not we can start another thread or PM. BTW I don't prescribe to UR.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back