Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Reasons for Accepting the KJV as God's Preserved Word

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
4. The apocryphal books were not permitted among the sacred books during the first four centuries of the real Christian church (I'm certainly not talking about the Catholic religion which is not Christian).

Did you know at the time the catholic church was formed there bible was exactly like ours? Thou the pope and others refered to other books they were not added to the bible officially until a later time I believe a few hundred years later. It's an interesting study...

Another question for you... umm you do know words have changed meaning over time. one of the best examples is kill used to have a meaning that we would say murder today. Look in other docs of the time and you'll never see where soldiers were killed in battle. You'll see where it says they lost so many men in battles. you'll see jack the ripper killed so many people. you'll see kill used in alot of police reports. God hasn't preserved the english lang. you have to see then that it's the original that was preserved.

BTW it's still happening with other words.. today adultery means sex with a married party. either the man or the woman or both have to be married therefore sex between 2 people not married is not adultery. check the webster dictionary. www.m-w.com ... it says ": voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man and someone other than his wife or between a married woman and someone other than her husband; also : an act of adultery...
Examples of ADULTERY

• He found out that his wife had committed adultery.
  • She accused her husband of adultery.
"

all that was quoted from the web site listed... now it has to be clear that what the bible is talking about in the word adultery is sex between 2 people not married to each other. Thus 2 single people not married to anyone is still adultery. see the meaning changes. Now then that shows the english lang is not preserved. So then if the meaning changes over time how then can the bible written in that lang be preserved. If the meaning of the words is not the same today as they were when it was written?

So...

What about modern translations that read just like the KJV in terms of passage structure (IE, Joseph, not father. And preserving the extra bit in 1 John)?

You have to prove that EVER other translation is wrong in order to prove that the KJV is the only one...

Good luck.

What is God's preserved word - certainly not an english VERSION!
It is the original languages. Hebrew, Aramiac, Greek.
If you follow your arguments, then God has LOTS of preserved words - in each different language.

LOL! Right!

According to many here, it's so sad that the poor Albanians, most of whom cannot read English, are bereft of the Truth.

Albanian Gheg

Sepse Perëndia e deshi aq botën, sa dha Birin e tij të vetëmlindurin, që, kushdo që beson në të, të mos humbasë, por të ketë jetë të përjetshme.

Albanian Tosk ALS

Po, Perendia aq shume e deshi boten, saqe e dha Birin e tij te vetem, qe te mos humbase kushdo qe beson ne te, por te kete jeten e perjetshme.

I like the KJV for personal reasons... Scripture i hear quoted from other translations just doesn't sound 'right'. I can still hear Daddy reading if its KJ. Like i said all personal.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God is a pretty big Guy He is well able to take care of His Word! any translation any place anytime.. And yes some are better then others Some folks may never even see a Bible just someones notes or less.

Sometimes we here in North America can so easily forget how bless we are...

Remembering reading Brother Andrews book...

Last edited by a moderator:
So...

What about modern translations that read just like the KJV in terms of passage structure (IE, Joseph, not father. And preserving the extra bit in 1 John)?

You have to prove that EVER other translation is wrong in order to prove that the KJV is the only one...

Good luck.
Worse than proving the KJV is some special perfectly preserved blah blah blah. It obvious isnt it that every language at least he major would have a similar perfectly preserved translation.:help

Albanian Gheg

Sepse Perëndia e deshi aq botën, sa dha Birin e tij të vetëmlindurin, që, kushdo që beson në të, të mos humbasë, por të ketë jetë të përjetshme.

Albanian Tosk ALS

Po, Perendia aq shume e deshi boten, saqe e dha Birin e tij te vetem, qe te mos humbase kushdo qe beson ne te, por te kete jeten e perjetshme.

I dare King Jimmy fans to reject that as authoritative truth.

There has to be a preserved copy of God's pure words somewhere. If it isn't the KJV, then what is it?
The origional language and the origional author was inspired by God. The KJV maybe the best translation, but it is still subject to interpretation and translation issues. Moses said we are to love God with our whole heart, soul & strength. Jesus when He translated the verse said we are to love God with our whole heart, mind, soul and strength. We see that the Hebrew word "mind" means heart and mind in Greek. The Greek is a very exact military language used to conquer the world. There are 26 different words for the English word "go". In commanding an army you have to tell them exactly what you mean when you say "go". Go up, go down, go through, go around and so forth. The Hebrew is a lot more primitive with a limited number of words used. Over the years (3500) some of the meaning of some of the words is not clear. It is actually amazing that we can understand books this old as well as we do. It is a real testimony as to what God can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
This proves beyond any doubt:there is no intelligence test to become a christian.

There are many reasons for accepting the KJV as the preserved Word.

AKJVReader, I hope that you are able to convince someone that it's true that the KJ Bible contains the Word of God. And I pray that you can convince people that the rest of the bibles out there are just clever counterfiets. After all, it's so simple that a child can understand it.

A counterfiet looks so much like the real thing that unless you inspect it closely you won't ever know the difference. But try and tell people that satan has done the same thing with the Word of God and they can't believe their ears. They've had them tickled senseless by all of the phony baloney teachers that they've been listening to.

It's a hard thing for people to understand, AKJVReader. I haven't been able to get too many people, if any, on these forums to hear anything other than what they have already heard from others.

Proverbs:22:28: Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.

There are many reasons for accepting the KJV as the preserved Word.

AKJVReader, I hope that you are able to convince someone that it's true that the KJ Bible contains the Word of God. And I pray that you can convince people that the rest of the bibles out there are just clever counterfiets. After all, it's so simple that a child can understand it.

A counterfiet looks so much like the real thing that unless you inspect it closely you won't ever know the difference. But try and tell people that satan has done the same thing with the Word of God and they can't believe their ears. They've had them tickled senseless by all of the phony baloney teachers that they've been listening to.

It's a hard thing for people to understand, AKJVReader. I haven't been able to get too many people, if any, on these forums to hear anything other than what they have already heard from others.

Proverbs:22:28: Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.

Heiferdust. The KJV is NOT the standard for Bibles, it is not the gold standard by which all others must be tested. It is simply an older translation into English (and I might add, a dated one from less accurate MSS at that!)

If we are trying to draw some line between "template for all Bibles" and "old Bibles", I'd suggest we look at an even older English translation, and the first translation to put the numbering of verses into effect. I am speaking, of course, of the Geneva Bible. It predates the KJV by a decade or more and it is the Bible the KJV modeled itself off of...

Of course I am not actually saying that the Geneva Bible is any better than the KJV, I am simply making the point that old age has nothing to do with it, as if this was honestly your case than you'd be talking about the Geneva Bible as being the best translation.

Side note: I really find the Geneva Bible to be a better translation than the KJV.

The KJV IS a good translation of the scriptures and it is a word for word(as much as possible)translation. Many of the new translations leave out part of the original scripture and replace it with WHAT THEY THINK the bible is saying, to me that is a recipe for disaster. I want to know the actual words of scripture and then let me decide what I believe they mean. Any time actual scripture is left out and replaced with what somebody thinks the bible is saying a giant red flag should go up!

Many of the new translations leave out part of the original scripture and replace it with WHAT THEY THINK the bible is saying, to me that is a recipe for disaster.
They are not intended to be a translation. Some are Bible commentarys, some are paraphrase. The problem is when you consider them to be a translation.

They are not intended to be a translation. Some are Bible commentarys, some are paraphrase. The problem is when you consider them to be a translation.
For crying out loud man, I know the difference between a translated bible and a commentary or a paraphrase. The NIV contains "dynamic thought" which is a fancy word for writing what you believe the bible is saying rather than what it is literally saying.

I always put in my two cents regarding why I prefer the KJV bible over other translations.

1) Translated from the Hebrew and Greek from which gematrias and bible code works. (mathematical reason). When one paraphrases to other translations, then this is lost.
2) Legal reason. Free from copyright--- the others have copyrights. As I always quip, how would you like to inspire others to write your diary, and then someone else paraphrases the diary and then has the gall to claim copyright to your diary? If I were God, there would be lightning bolts and piles of translator ashes lying around, but I'm not God so lucky for them.
3) It is the most enduring English translation translated at a critical time in prophetic history regarding the Davidic Throne.

These reasons are not mainstream, I realize, but clearly they are thought out on my own, so nobody can say that I am following any one else's reasons.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back