Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Repent!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Dislike whatever you want, just be civil about it.

Rom 12:20 - Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.​

The kingdom of heaven is available. All you have to do is repent and receive forgiveness through Christ's work.

A new heart and mind was given to Israel, and they wrote the New Covenant down for all to understand. Go to church and learn of Jesus.

Allow your problems to be solved. Use your problem to push you to Jesus Christ. Repent and receive.

Repent

eddif

Romans 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Luke 18:13
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Repent: with a serious nature, and not with a not serious approach.

Believe in Jesus to take care of the sin you confess.

eddif

It was nothing to do with you. It was a general statement I said after being on other websites where everyone had gone overly PC. I even got accused of hate speech and removed posts for nothing more than personal opinion. What I said was harsh but true. A truthful statement.

Truth is so strange to society these days that people acturally find it offensive.

Personal opinion has been thrown out the door. Lol.

I'm sorry for my reaction Kiwidan. Your right that people are so easily flustered. I'm a perfect example of that right now.

Silly question but what's the best way to repent?

Depends on what it is your repenting on. Repenting from what I understand is turning from our sins, often feeling sorrow or sadness from such sin. To repent from our sins in a way to not do it again first has to have a specific action your repentant about and move to not repeate the same action. To repent in a way to try and make right what you did wrong, that's different and sometimes as easy as an apology, or other time much more difficult to correct the harm done. To repent to God is only needing sincere prayer. Each wrong and sin can be a different challenge to repent from. Some easy, others it's a struggle to feel sorry for the wrong because you don't recoginize it as wrong. And others hard because even if you know it's not right, you don't know how to quit, or don't stay strong to quit, so return to the habits that were the sinful actions.

In my opinion the first step to repenting on anything, is to first bring the matter to God. Pray about it. Perhaps that should be the last step as well though.

The kingdom of heaven is available. All you have to do is repent and receive forgiveness through Christ's work.

A new heart and mind was given to Israel, and they wrote the New Covenant down for all to understand. Go to church and learn of Jesus.

Allow your problems to be solved. Use your problem to push you to Jesus Christ. Repent and receive.

Repent

eddif

:salute

I have absolutaly no idea what that verse means. I speak simple english.

Maybe Not_Now.Soon can hp explain the verse.
eddif

I appreaciate the vote of confidence Eddif. I don't know if I can help, but I will try.

For me KJV is a hard translation to read, and Expecially in harder books to follow like Job, where Job is debating with 3 other people, and each response is kind of a theological argument against Job for his troubles, or is Job's theological response and his cry for why is this happening, and his cry for his sorrows to end.

So with that in mind, my suggestion to to look up the verse in an easier to read translation, and look for the context it's written in. In this chapter Job seems to be looking at can anyone stand up to God and his Judgment, and it is part of a reply to Zopher who gave his own understanding and argument in chapter 11. Start in chapter 11 and read through chapter 14 for the full context. For now though here is Job 14:13-17 (NIV), where Job is talking about death and his hope that God will not remember his sins.

13 “If only you would hide me in the grave
and conceal me till your anger has passed!
If only you would set me a time
and then remember me!
14 If someone dies, will they live again?
All the days of my hard service
I will wait for my renewal to come.
15 You will call and I will answer you;
you will long for the creature your hands have made.
16 Surely then you will count my steps
but not keep track of my sin.
17 My offenses will be sealed up in a bag;
you will cover over my sin.

I'm making a leap in judgment but based on the context from Job hoping that among all this theological debate that his sins won't be remembered, and from the context of what Eddif has been saying regarding repenting and having salvation through Jesus. My guess is that the meaning of the verse as it's meant in this context in this thread is that if we repent, believe in Jesus's salvation, and turn to God, our sins will be sealed away, forgotten, and locked away from God's presence when we come to meet Him. At least that's the best I can gather. Hope it helped.

Yo
I appreaciate the vote of confidence Eddif. I don't know if I can help, but I will try.

For me KJV is a hard translation to read, and Expecially in harder books to follow like Job, where Job is debating with 3 other people, and each response is kind of a theological argument against Job for his troubles, or is Job's theological response and his cry for why is this happening, and his cry for his sorrows to end.

So with that in mind, my suggestion to to look up the verse in an easier to read translation, and look for the context it's written in. In this chapter Job seems to be looking at can anyone stand up to God and his Judgment, and it is part of a reply to Zopher who gave his own understanding and argument in chapter 11. Start in chapter 11 and read through chapter 14 for the full context. For now though here is Job 14:13-17 (NIV), where Job is talking about death and his hope that God will not remember his sins.

13 “If only you would hide me in the grave
and conceal me till your anger has passed!
If only you would set me a time
and then remember me!
14 If someone dies, will they live again?
All the days of my hard service
I will wait for my renewal to come.
15 You will call and I will answer you;
you will long for the creature your hands have made.
16 Surely then you will count my steps
but not keep track of my sin.
17 My offenses will be sealed up in a bag;
you will cover over my sin.

I'm making a leap in judgment but based on the context from Job hoping that among all this theological debate that his sins won't be remembered, and from the context of what Eddif has been saying regarding repenting and having salvation through Jesus. My guess is that the meaning of the verse as it's meant in this context in this thread is that if we repent, believe in Jesus's salvation, and turn to God, our sins will be sealed away, forgotten, and locked away from God's presence when we come to meet Him. At least that's the best I can gather. Hope it helped.
You done good.
I Peter 2:24 KJV
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The verses you chose are the salvation experience of having eternal life. We are remembered at the resurrection. The first fruits from the grave is seated on the right hand of the Father.

Repent, place sins in Christ Jesus, depend on Gods deceleration of righteouness.

eddif

Jesus reavealed himself to disciples in scripture.
Luke 24:27 KJV
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. Interesting he began at Moses.

Then Phillip used scripture to
Preach Jesus .
Acts 8:34 KJV
And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

We should be looking for Jesus hidden in scripture. The book of Job is full of information. Job was declared righteous by God. The friends did not speak the truth like Job did. Job was not self righteous.

At the end of Job the friends were prayed for by Job.
Job 42:8 KJV
Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of methe thing which is right, like my servant Job.

eddif

Jesus reavealed himself to disciples in scripture.
Luke 24:27 KJV
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. Interesting he began at Moses.

Then Phillip used scripture to
Preach Jesus .
Acts 8:34 KJV
And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

We should be looking for Jesus hidden in scripture. The book of Job is full of information. Job was declared righteous by God. The friends did not speak the truth like Job did. Job was not self righteous.

At the end of Job the friends were prayed for by Job.
Job 42:8 KJV
Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of methe thing which is right, like my servant Job.

eddif

Job's friends held a position many of us often take though. It's not that they intended to lie. Originally they came to ease the suffering of their friend, and this is shown in Job 2:11-13. Everything changed when they spoke though. Not that they didn't want to help their friend. I think they really did think the only way Job could have fallen to this place of trouble and suffering is if he angered God. So the remedy was to confront this and tell Job to seek forgiveness. Very much like confronting an alcoholic by addressing to him directly you have a drinking problem and need to quit.

But their intents aside, the position they took is something I know most of us take. It's our understanding over almost anything else. They rejected everything Job said because it was so against what they thought was the way the world worked. Job could not be innocent. That much was clear to them regardless if it was true or not. They stand by that position through their theological debates with Job. And though they did not live in Job's life to see what wrong he could have done, Job's voice was drowned out by the perspectives of those who originally meant to bring comfort. There was no higher authority to correct them, except God when He speaks finally to them. Job could not be listened to.

I don't know about you but I know this phenomon of blindness by how we see the world. If I talk to a person who concludes that there is no shush thing as prayers answered. And tell them about my understanding, or even my experiences, they will not listen. If a person who has trust in some rules, or leaders that are in charge, is told by another the harm the rules did to them, or the abuse the leader did, often they won't be listened to. In fact it might actually go the other way where the person listening will argue with them, make light of their suffering and say what did you do to make this happen to you? Fix that.

I agree with you that we should look for Jesus in the scriptures, and search for God, and for our hopes in both God and Jesus. But there is a lesson in the testaments of the friends of Job. Something hopefully we can gauge where they went wrong and avoid doing the same in our own lives.

Job's friends held a position many of us often take though. It's not that they intended to lie. Originally they came to ease the suffering of their friend, and this is shown in Job 2:11-13. Everything changed when they spoke though. Not that they didn't want to help their friend. I think they really did think the only way Job could have fallen to this place of trouble and suffering is if he angered God. So the remedy was to confront this and tell Job to seek forgiveness. Very much like confronting an alcoholic by addressing to him directly you have a drinking problem and need to quit.

But their intents aside, the position they took is something I know most of us take. It's our understanding over almost anything else. They rejected everything Job said because it was so against what they thought was the way the world worked. Job could not be innocent. That much was clear to them regardless if it was true or not. They stand by that position through their theological debates with Job. And though they did not live in Job's life to see what wrong he could have done, Job's voice was drowned out by the perspectives of those who originally meant to bring comfort. There was no higher authority to correct them, except God when He speaks finally to them. Job could not be listened to.

I don't know about you but I know this phenomon of blindness by how we see the world. If I talk to a person who concludes that there is no shush thing as prayers answered. And tell them about my understanding, or even my experiences, they will not listen. If a person who has trust in some rules, or leaders that are in charge, is told by another the harm the rules did to them, or the abuse the leader did, often they won't be listened to. In fact it might actually go the other way where the person listening will argue with them, make light of their suffering and say what did you do to make this happen to you? Fix that.

I agree with you that we should look for Jesus in the scriptures, and search for God, and for our hopes in both God and Jesus. But there is a lesson in the testaments of the friends of Job. Something hopefully we can gauge where they went wrong and avoid doing the same in our own lives.
Revelation 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Note that the friends followed the desire of the evil one. There is a difference in then and now.

I Thessalonians 5:11 KJV
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
(Other translations use encourage)

Romans 8:1 KJV
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

At the time of Job, it appears sacrifices were the answer for sin. Previously we have talked about where Job fits in time (not that it totally matters), but this thread is about repent and that fits Job's time.

eddif

Because wolves are running rampant in the churchs last days decieving millions, I will say it, repent, turn from your self seeking feel good ways, and turn back to the Christ in the Gospel, and be made perfect.

I dont want to go church and listen to todays study on jerimiah or elisha,

I want to hear the Full Gospel only, not God loves me, not God wants me to do well, not God is going to destroy evil, not im going to heaven, not im saved, not Abraham faith was great.

I want to be sure everyone who enters old and new faces follow the narrow path and know where Salvation is.

kiwidan said:
Wolves are running rampant in the churchs last days decieving millions, I will say it, repent, turn from your self seeking feel good ways ... I dont want to go church and listen to todays study on jerimiah or elisha ... I want to be sure everyone who enters old and new faces follow the narrow path and know where Salvation is.

If your path gets any more narrow bro, you gonna fall off it. :confused2

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back