Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Repent!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Silly question but what's the best way to repent?
I don't know if anyone answered this question directly here.

I will just say that in my opinion, the best way to repent is to get on your knees, pray to God, tell Him that you know and admit you are a sinner and that you are powerless to change on your own, ask for the gift of salvation from Christ as you accept that He is your savior. Then ask for strength to turn from any sinful habits or actions that you are doing. Pray that you will have the Holy Spirit enter your heart and guide you in your daily life, nudging you when you are doing what is wrong in God's eyes and keeping you on a path to Christ's will for you.

Repenting by definition is a feeling of deep regret for wrongs you have done. The Biblical definition takes it one step further and indicates a turning way from your previous ways. So, this would suggest "being deeply remorseful for your actions and doing a 180 and turning away from doing them any more.

Hope this helps.

I will just say that in my opinion, the best way to repent is to get on your knees, pray to God, tell Him that you know and admit you are a sinner and that you are powerless to change on your own, ask for the gift of salvation from Christ as you accept that He is your savior. Then ask for strength to turn from any sinful habits or actions that you are doing. Pray that you will have the Holy Spirit enter your heart and guide you in your daily life, nudging you when you are doing what is wrong in God's eyes and keeping you on a path to Christ's will for you.

Repenting by definition is a feeling of deep regret for wrongs you have done. The Biblical definition takes it one step further and indicates a turning way from your previous ways. So, this would suggest "being deeply remorseful for your actions and doing a 180 and turning away from doing them any more.

Hope this helps.

Christ will always help. That repentance guilt your talking about is that sin being washed away as repentance is forgiven.

Many people have no conscience in this world, and instead of repenting only the natural selfishness and anger and frustration build up as they dont cast it on Christ on the Cross. The conscience gives witness. The repentant person is saved, even if they do make mistakes, because the Holy Spirit will give witness.

Repent, for the end is near!
Mat 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

What were they to repent of; Infractions of the ministration of death? 2 Cor 3:7 . . the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones. You do realize that Jesus was talking to the Jews? Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Were they somehow attempting to reach heaven by their works which resulted in their divorce from God (Jer 3:8)? Did they eat swine, not obey every point of the Sabbath, or possibly even lie once? God help them if they committed a sin unto death as Moses did for not believing God (Num 20:12) (Deut 31:50-51).

Now is repenting of present sin the standard of attaining citizenship in heaven? Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? Does this in some manner show that which we read in Tit 3:5? Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us. :shrug

Mat 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

What were they to repent of; Infractions of the ministration of death? 2 Cor 3:7 . . the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones. You do realize that Jesus was talking to the Jews? Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Were they somehow attempting to reach heaven by their works which resulted in their divorce from God (Jer 3:8)? Did they eat swine, not obey every point of the Sabbath, or possibly even lie once? God help them if they committed a sin unto death as Moses did for not believing God (Num 20:12) (Deut 31:50-51).

Now is repenting of present sin the standard of attaining citizenship in heaven? Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? Does this in some manner show that which we read in Tit 3:5? Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us. :shrug
Some misunderstand the gospel's call to 'repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand' to be a call for the Jews to a works salvation.

"4 Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”" (Acts 19:4 NASB bold italics and underline mine)

76 “And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High;
For you will go on BEFORE THE LORD TO PREPARE HIS WAYS;
77 To give to His people the knowledge of salvation
By the forgiveness of their sins,
78 Because of the tender mercy of our God
(Luke 1:76-78 NASB capitals and italics in original, bold italics and underline mine
)

Some say this is a different gospel than what Paul preached.

Last edited:
Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand.

This is the Gospel that was preached by Jesus Christ.

Repent is the command of the Gospel.

Not "repent of your sins".

Repent means to turn to God.

If you are called to turn to God, then by default you are called to turn from Satan as your lord.

The way that your express this obedience of faith, concerning the Gospel is to confess Jesus as Lord.

This is what grants the believer/obeyer of the Gospel, the forgiveness of sins.

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

Peter did not say "repent of your sins".

A person can not "stop sinning" without the born again new Nature empowered by the Holy Spirit.

The way we are granted this, is by repenting, which means turning away from Satan and his kingdom, and turning to God, and confessing Jesus as Lord.

This is plainly what the Lord Jesus Christ taught to and commissioned Paul to do.

15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in orderto turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ Acts 26:15-18
Repent is about being transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of God.

It's about changing who you serve, as your Lord.

The Gospel of the kingdom is about changing the kingdom your are in, by changing the lord you serve.
The Gospel is God's call to humanity, to "come out of hiding", in darkness, and to come into the light, the Kingdom of Light.

JLB

In the O.T. we find this:

Proverbs 1:23
Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

It is on the side of taking reproof, personally, taking ON God's REBUKE, personally, that His Spirit is poured into such.

We do not "repent" to AVOID, but to accept, fully, His Words of reproof and rebuke. We do not RUN away from such, by repentance, neither do we 'avoid' by doing so.

Most believers have an opposite sight of repentance. Repentance is not to avoid the rebukes, the reproach of Christ. These are to be taken ON by repentance, not ran from.

Think about it and get back to me.

Repent!

For the Kingdom of Heaven is near!

1-cross-3-nails-4-given-10-2-13.jpg

Hope this helps.
Actually, this is not Biblical "Repenting", at all. Repenting is deciding you will trust Jesus instead of whatever you trusted in previously.

Actually, this is not Biblical "Repenting", at all. Repenting is deciding you will trust Jesus instead of whatever you trusted in previously.
That is the explanation.

It is so tempting to blend OT / OC aspects together

II Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This is a man centered / under the law temporary approach. Just read
Verse 19-20
But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
20 Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.
............::

Contrasted with:
I John 1:19
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Our confession, but Gods eternal solution. He works.

eddif

Not if your full of pride.
Then it has only come near.
Mark 1:5;

Here is how it's going to go down. The Earth rotates at 1,030 MPH at equator center. A big polar shift is about to occur which they are hiding from us and they know the Earth will suddenly slow down 200 MPH as it makes it's pole reversal.

Since we know for a fact that great cosmic Kaboom's out of nothing create perfect sphere's that spin at a perfect rate with no decay, Scientist found that what they thought was a divine process may not be so divine after all. After a few billion years, the marvel of engineering that such explosions make, seem to start to decay.

It won't be long now that the Earth will make this Pole reversal slowing the Earth down suddenly 200mph. That may not seem a lot since we are riding along on the Earth at nearly 1,000 mph, but it will be sudden and enough to throw everything smack against walls, cars, trees killing almost everyone instantly.

The most safe place they say is in your car with seat belts that is equipped with air bags. Make sure your car is facing East and West.
Make sure your insurance is paid up on your car.

Repent, the end is near.

Mike.

Here is how it's going to go down. The Earth rotates at 1,030 MPH at equator center. A big polar shift is about to occur which they are hiding from us and they know the Earth will suddenly slow down 200 MPH as it makes it's pole reversal.

Since we know for a fact that great cosmic Kaboom's out of nothing create perfect sphere's that spin at a perfect rate with no decay, Scientist found that what they thought was a divine process may not be so divine after all. After a few billion years, the marvel of engineering that such explosions make, seem to start to decay.

It won't be long now that the Earth will make this Pole reversal slowing the Earth down suddenly 200mph. That may not seem a lot since we are riding along on the Earth at nearly 1,000 mph, but it will be sudden and enough to throw everything smack against walls, cars, trees killing almost everyone instantly.

The most safe place they say is in your car with seat belts that is equipped with air bags. Make sure your car is facing East and West.
Make sure your insurance is paid up on your car.

Repent, the end is near.

Mike.

Just another conspiracy theory. There have been many pole shifts in the past, and earth's rotation doesn't slow 200mph during them.:rofl2

Just another conspiracy theory. There have been many pole shifts in the past, and earth's rotation doesn't slow 200mph during them.:rofl2

It makes sense to me, but the greater conspiracy and the most funny thing is the myth the Earth is even spinning or round. Now that is a real knee slapper.

I did not say it, NASA said that. In real world flight mechanics you can't use the spinning globe to do real flight formula's. If you carried the lie into real world mechanics, folks die.

Folks like me can make up things about Pole reversal's and the Earth slowing down. I just made that up. You can't make that up on the Real Earth though.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19890005752.pdf

Derivation and Definition of a Linear Aircraft Model
NASA Ames Research Center
Dryden Flight Research Facility
P.O. Box 273, Edwards, CA 93523-5000

Page 7 and 35
The need for linear models of aircraft for the analysis of vehicle dynamics and control law design is well
known. These models are widely used, not only for computer applications but also for quick approximations
and desk calculations. Whereas the use of these models is well understood and well documented, their
derivation is not. The lack of documentation and, occasionally, understanding of the derivation of linear
models is a hindrance to communication, training, and application.
This report details the development of the linear model of a rigid aircraft of constant mass, flying
over a
flat, nonrotating earth. This model consists of a state equation and
an observation
(or measurement) equa¬
tion.

New End time Theory!! since NASA destroyed my Globe spinning ball.
Giant space monster mistakes Earth for a pancake, pours galactic syrup over the planet by mistake and suffocates everyone.

Repent!!!
The End is near.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back