Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Revelation 1: an alternate study.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
wait that will ruin that pre tribber thinking. im not going to be persecuted or suffer for the lord. he promised me that i wouldnt be here when all hell breaks loose.

That's really the point of the "two trib" view: the tribulation of believers, which began with the stoning of Stephen, has been going on for @2,000 years. No 7-year trib there.

The "great tribulation" of Jerusalem lasted 3.5 years. Not only is there no support in the Bible for a "rapture" of any kind, there's not even support for a 7-year tribulation!

A really bad interpretation of Daniel 9:27 is all the support pre-tribbers can muster and, when that verse is understood from the literal Hebrew, it doesn't mean what they think or say it does.

That's really the point of the "two trib" view: the tribulation of believers, which began with the stoning of Stephen, has been going on for @2,000 years. No 7-year trib there.

The "great tribulation" of Jerusalem lasted 3.5 years. Not only is there no support in the Bible for a "rapture" of any kind, there's not even support for a 7-year tribulation!

A really bad interpretation of Daniel 9:27 is all the support pre-tribbers can muster and, when that verse is understood from the literal Hebrew, it doesn't mean what they think or say it does.
Since I also believe we have been in a state of tribulation since Stephen, and since I also believe in a future gathering of the dead and living saints (the resurrection/transformation) and a final wrath, does that make me a "post tribber"? :biggrin

vic the tribbers seem to really mass the literal statement of jesus when he said this!
acts 1
6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

yet somehow they say that is what paul and john were talking about in revalation and paul with his references to isreal. jesus didnt say no its not going happen just that its not to be known by men!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back