Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Roe vs Wade Has Been Overturned

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Wrong! Look at Genesis 25:23:

"And the Lord said to her, 'Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you shall be divided; the one shall be stronger than the other, the older shall serve the younger.'"

The word here translated "womb" is the same word as the word in Numbers 5:22, to refer to the swelling of the "womb." Obviously Genesis 25:23 is not talking about the stomach. It is talking about the womb. So also for Numbers 5.

I've studied this passage very extensively. I know all the textual parallels, I know the meanings of all the words there. I can cross-link them to various verses, as I've just done. Do you have a better defense?
What on earth does Genesis 25:23 have to do with abortion. You are straining at nats aren't you.

Num 5:22 And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.

Where on earth does it say womb in that verse!!! Even a 17 year old should know the difference between the womb and the belly. Do you understand the curse came on the woman that commited adulatory.

I've studied this passage very extensively. I know all the textual parallels, I know the meanings of all the words there. I can cross-link them to various verses, as I've just done. Do you have a better defense?
Yes, it's called reading that which is already written without adding to it. You might want to read that verse in the full context of Numbers 5:11-31.

I'm not sure why the prochoice people want to come to this thread and debate abortion with me. This is not about debating abortion. The Supreme Court did debate it and now they say No to abortions.

So this is a happy thread. A Praise the Lord moment for our country and for the world since they all follow us.

Not a debate thread! The debate is over. So I don't want to debate it. It wasn't my decision handed down either. Nor did they call me and ask me to vote or give them my opinion. I was not consultd on this! So take your anger somewhere else!

I started this thread to express my joy in the Lord, that He has done this thing! Bwhahahahahaha!!!!! That's what the voice of the Lord can do Brothers & Sisters!

I think that what you are doing is confusing thoughts about what He will do to make us a person or to predestine us as a certain person with what it actually says.
I never said God would predestine us as a certain person. Scripture says it is He that forms us in our mothers womb. I can't see how that would be confusing any thoughts other than what is already written.

It sure seems to explain here that it was not that Jesus considered our destination and how that He would form us as a person who did not yet exist, but rather that He knew us as an individual.

We were not forced into this here on earth. Everything that I have learned about the God of us and the creator of the world teaches us...that He does not force Himself upon us. The Lord is not like that Sister, and I think you know that already.
Where did I say any of this. All I said was that God formed/knitted us together in our mothers womb beginning at conception.

There is places in scripture where they talk about how people would toss their babies into the fire as some sort of sacrifice to Molech or Baal.

I'm pretty sure that's pretty much the same thing as abortion was.

:woot2
Sorry as I can not see that as the same thing as dismantling a baby and using forceps to tear it apart of of the mothers womb then throwing it in a trash bag.

I'm sorry did I ask you anything? Or perhaps I was asking a Christian something? When I want an unbelievers opinion then I'll ask you for it.
Free is an unbeliever? I didn't know that. Besides, you can't just ask a question and then say "Okay only this specific set of users can answer".
There is places in scripture where they talk about how people would toss their babies into the fire as some sort of sacrifice to Molech or Baal.

I'm pretty sure that's pretty much the same thing as abortion was.

:woot2
Nope, that's infanticide.
What on earth does Genesis 25:23 have to do with abortion. You are straining at nats aren't you.

Num 5:22 And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.

Where on earth does it say womb in that verse!!! Even a 17 year old should know the difference between the womb and the belly. Do you understand the curse came on the woman that commited adulatory.
Seriously? Please don't pretend to not understand, because I know you do. Genesis 25:23 has to do with the womb. And it uses the exact same word as Numbers 5:22.

So listen please. You talk about the difference between the words. THE HEBREW IS EXACTLY THE SAME. Check the Strong's index and you will see. Is Genesis 25:23 talking about a belly? No, of course not, it's talking about a womb.

Your precious King James Version is misleading you in this matter. Please look beyond that and look at the Hebrew text. Is it unreasonable to ask to look at the Hebrew?

By the way, I'm 18.

I never said God would predestine us as a certain person. Scripture says it is He that forms us in our mothers womb. I can't see how that would be confusing any thoughts other than what is already written.

I'm pretty sure you did. I'll look.

Since God creates us in His image then yes, God knew us before we were in the womb, not being alive in heaven, but that God predestined the the conception of each one of us as it was He who knitted us together in our mothers womb.

It sure reads like that's what you said. And I posted for you how the phrase is used in the original language of the text and it clearly indictes to me that He knew us. We stodd by Him and talked to Him in Heaven before we were born.

I think that if we didn't actually make the choices ourself in Heaven, then we at least agreed to it with Him.

Think about this Lord of ours. He is all about giving us choices.
I set before you life and death, choose ye therefore...
Our Lord does not change!

Explain that one to me, Sister. When you come to the realization that our Lord does not infringe on peoples choices and free will, then you reaie that I knew you before you were in the womb, means, we were there talking to the Lord.

Or so it seems to me!

Seriously? Please don't pretend to not understand, because I know you do. Genesis 25:23 has to do with the womb. And it uses the exact same word as Numbers 5:22.

So listen please. You talk about the difference between the words. THE HEBREW IS EXACTLY THE SAME. Check the Strong's index and you will see. Is Genesis 25:23 talking about a belly? No, of course not, it's talking about a womb.

Your precious King James Version is misleading you in this matter. Please look beyond that and look at the Hebrew text. Is it unreasonable to ask to look at the Hebrew?

By the way, I'm 18.
In some cases the belly can mean the womb, but not in those verses. How does bitter waters enter the womb. The only misleading is coming from you that does not understand Numbers 5: 11-31 is about using the bitter water as a test for adulatory.

BTW, Happy Birthday

Sorry as I can not see that as the same thing as dismantling a baby and using forceps to tear it apart of of the mothers womb then throwing it in a trash bag.

Well maybe so but the end result was the same...God's children being murdered.

So whether a young girl is worshipping Baal and making formal sacrifice, or jusy wanting to not have to babysit so she can use that Pampers money at the bar instead...is both the work of the enemy.

So you may have me on a technicality, but I'm an old school simple type man and I say, yep, same dang thing.

A dead baby is a dead baby. Was it sacrifice? Murder? Murder for conveinance? That information is usually fairly important to the Foerensic guys and the police. Bea=cause there's not much difference between an aborted baby and one who was shaken to death. It's still a dead young one.

Apparently, these prochoice people have no fear of the Lord. Those are His chidren. They belong to Him. The Lord God Almighty is going to show up some day and say, where is my child? Will tey be caught with their pants down? Probably.

Free is an unbeliever? I didn't know that. Besides, you can't just ask a question and then say "Okay only this specific set of users can answer".

I didn't really. But when the local satanist showed up and started spouting his brand of nonsense, I told him bro sorry but I wasnt talking to you and don['t need your twisted opinion...

And do you think he was polite about it? No! He's still here spouting nonsense.

You guys amaze me how you try to use sweet sounding words to mask your evil heart. It's not murder, it's terminating a pregnancy, oh I'm not the bad kind of satanist using black magic and stuff, mine's whit and is good...or Oh I'm not one of those bad lbqtber people, I'm just a G, one of the good ones!

But young one, a spade is a spade. A spade in not a heart. So your attemps to make it appear so, are laughably funny and make you appear foolish.

You shut your mouth boy if you can not speak with respect to the lady.

What's a satanist coming here talking down to Christians for?! Don't you try to teach us about God. Don't you put down the Word of God here.

I'm pretty sure you did. I'll look.

It sure reads like that's what you said. And I posted for you how the phrase is used in the original language of the text and it clearly indictes to me that He knew us. We stodd by Him and talked to Him in Heaven before we were born.

I think that if we didn't actually make the choices ourself in Heaven, then we at least agreed to it with Him.

Think about this Lord of ours. He is all about giving us choices.
I set before you life and death, choose ye therefore...
Our Lord does not change!

Explain that one to me, Sister. When you come to the realization that our Lord does not infringe on peoples choices and free will, then you reaie that I knew you before you were in the womb, means, we were there talking to the Lord.

Or so it seems to me!
Please show me any scripture that says that we stood and talked with Him in heaven before we were born as I never read that before. This is a teaching of premortality that the Mormon church teaches. It is only our spirit, meaning the breath of God, that comes down from heaven as God's spirit/breath makes us a living soul when we are born. Genesis 2:7 and Ecc 12:7.

Of course He sets before us life or death by the choices we make here on earth.

Deut 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Deut 30:20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Well maybe so but the end result was the same...God's children being murdered.

So whether a young girl is worshipping Baal and making formal sacrifice, or jusy wanting to not have to babysit so she can use that Pampers money at the bar instead...is both the work of the enemy.

So you may have me on a technicality, but I'm an old school simple type man and I say, yep, same dang thing.

A dead baby is a dead baby. Was it sacrifice? Murder? Murder for conveinance? That information is usually fairly important to the Foerensic guys and the police. Bea=cause there's not much difference between an aborted baby and one who was shaken to death. It's still a dead young one.

Apparently, these prochoice people have no fear of the Lord. Those are His chidren. They belong to Him. The Lord God Almighty is going to show up some day and say, where is my child? Will tey be caught with their pants down? Probably.
But according to the OP, which by the way is a praise the Lord moment, we are only discussion the baby in the womb, not ones who have already been born.

In some cases the belly can mean the womb, but not in those verses. How does bitter waters enter the womb. The only misleading is coming from you that does not understand Numbers 5: 11-31 is about using the bitter water as a test for adulatory.

BTW, Happy Birthday
Those verses? Are you referring to the Genesis passage I mentioned? Is the "two nations are in your womb" a reference to the belly or to the womb?

How would the biblical authors have known that water does not enter the womb? They had no knowledge of interior human anatomy and organs. If one did not know better, it does not seem illogical to think that drinking poisonous water could cause it to enter the womb.

Yes it is a test of adultery, but the test is this: if the woman miscarries, she is guilty. One might say, "Oh how could God punish the innocent child!" But you do realize that God says elsewhere "no one born of an illicit union shall enter the house of God"? The biblical god does not view highly "illicit" children.
I didn't really. But when the local satanist showed up and started spouting his brand of nonsense, I told him bro sorry but I wasnt talking to you and don['t need your twisted opinion...

And do you think he was polite about it? No! He's still here spouting nonsense.
So thinking the verse refers to foreknowledge is a "twisted opinion"? How, pray tell? I didn't tell you that your interpretation is a "twisted opinion". Why you going to say that to me?
It's not murder, it's terminating a pregnancy
Correct.
oh I'm not the bad kind of satanist using black magic and stuff, mine's whit and is good
I don't think black magic is wicked - it's just ineffectual because it has no basis in any reality whatsoever. So I would not want to practice it.
Oh I'm not one of those bad lbqtber people, I'm just a G, one of the good ones!
I've never said that LGBTQ people are "bad". And I'm now a T, as you know. And attracted to both men and women. But I don't want to go into this here.
You shut your mouth boy if you can not speak with respect to the lady.

What's a satanist coming here talking down to Christians for?! Don't you try to teach us about God. Don't you put down the Word of God here.
I speak with disrespect about her KJV translation, yes. And why? Because it's a highly inaccurate translation, inaccurate in so many ways and has had the unfortunate effect of misleading millions of Christians in many ways AND in influencing modern translations with all its host of inaccuracies.

The one in Numbers 5, that's just one more we've figured out together. As we can see, the KJV translates the SAME Hebrew word DIFFERENTLY in two different places with no justification. Why does it do this? We don't know. There's no basis for it.

Still the KJV continues to confuse people, as it has just now.

Please show me any scripture that says that we stood and talked with Him in heaven before we were born as I never read that before. This is a teaching of premortality that the Mormon church teaches. It is only our spirit, meaning the breath of God, that comes down from heaven as God's spirit/breath makes us a living soul when we are born. Genesis 2:7 and Ecc 12:7.

That we stood and spoke with Jesus before our conception was my conclusion, it is not a scripture per se. Jeremiah says, I knew "thee". It does not say that I knew what I would predestine you to, it says I knew Thee.

Can you address my post where I copy?pasted from the concordance and bolded it's explanation of I knew thee as a phrase and how it was used. Almost every single usage of the term, indicates a personable interaction with an individual. Not just His plans for such an individual.

I knew the spirit of life before I formed you in the womb...
Umm, no. (I'm quite sure He did know the Spirit of life, but He also knew thee.)
I knew thee, before I formed you in the womb.
That's got quite a different ring to it.

But according to the OP, which by the way is a praise the Lord moment, we are only discussion the baby in the womb, not ones who have already been born.

Oh is that it? Ok. I spoke with the OP and he says maybe so but it is entirely ok to talk in the womb, before the womb, so why not after the womb?

They were actually pushing for something ike that not long ago. Retroactive abortions up to 12 weeks old or something...Remember that?

So thinking the verse refers to foreknowledge is a "twisted opinion"? How, pray tell? I didn't tell you that your interpretation is a "twisted opinion". Why you going to say that to me?

Look man, I'm not into debating this with a satanist. No interest. I said I don't need your twisted opinion because you wont walk away from it like I asked.

And you still wont. I tell you what. When I'm moved by the Spirit to ask you a question, I will ok? I wont forget you. But your presence and input is not needed at this time.

I speak with disrespect about her KJV translation, yes. And why? Because it's a highly inaccurate translation, inaccurate in so many ways and has had the unfortunate effect of misleading millions of Christians in many ways AND in influencing modern translations with all its host of inaccuracies.

Said by a Satanist? As in, thou shalt not surely die...
No thanks!. You have nothing in kind with me. And you, a pronounced Satanist, have no business coming to a Christian website and denigrating the word of God. It is a violation of the ToS and I'll thank you to take your nonsense up the road.

Said by a Satanist? As in, thou shalt not surely die...
No thanks!. You have nothing in kind with me. And you, a pronounced Satanist, have no business coming to a Christian website and denigrating the word of God. It is a violation of the ToS and I'll thank you to take your nonsense up the road.
I denigrate the KJV. Is stating the inaccuracies of the KJV against the ToS?

By the way, I'm 18.
The question was directed at me as being specific to me only. You say you know the Bible as you spout it out enough, but you know nothing about history within the Bible about Molech and the worship of Baal so you are doing yourself a great injustice to your self.

You are trying to fit words into the full context of scripture that is not even there in no shape or form as you add to and take away from the word of God.

For someone who loves to quote from the KJV that would mean you are spouting untruths by your definition of it being misleading. I consider the word of God that He gave to the Prophets and Apostles to write very precious and I will guard His words with my very soul.

Since you can not contribute anything worth listening to in this thread then you no longer need to be here spouting your nonsense so I will bid you ado.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back