Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Roman Catholic church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many roman catholics do that?
If any did, they wouldn't need "confessionals".
Christ is king but he appointed peter and the apostles to administer his kingdom until his return including the power to forgive sins jn 20:21-23

How did we get from the Title of this thread to the Roman Catholic Church?
1) cos it’s my thread!
2) it refers to authority
3) cos there is only one new covenant church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 jn 10:16

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1
One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Christ is the king!

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Lk 10:16
Jn 13:20
Jn 20:21-23

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brother obeyed and submitted to him.

Christ is king and a king must rule the hearts and minds of his subjects!

All are subject to christ! Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Scripture says we must be taught by christ and his holy church
Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42
According to you what is Christ holy church. Can you describe that for us and what the first commandment was God gave to man before the beginning of generations.

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Christ is the king!

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brother obeyed and submitted to him.

All are subject to christ! Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Christ is the king!

Jesus Christ is king!

1) cos it’s my thread!
That is a violation of the ToS as no one owns their own thread
1.13: Threads started by members are not to be considered as a member's thread or otherwise "owned".

This is a Christian Forum, not a Roman Catholic forum. The doctrines of the Holy See which makes up the false catechism of the Roman Catholic Church is teaching another gospel. There is only one Gospel and that is the doctrines of Christ. not a church.

Blame it on the Spell checker
Spell-check is a tool you are to use correctly.
If your POV doesn't deserve your undivided attention, how important can it be?
What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?
Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!
Nobody but Jesus the Christ had the power to take away the sins of the world.
He died for our sins: something no apostle or other man can do.
We all can forgive those who sin against us, but that is all.
Matt 16:17-19
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
You left out the verse describing the "rock" on which the true church is founded on.
Matt 16:16..."And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."
How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?
How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)
God has provided pastors and teachers for that function.
What "confession" are you writing about?
How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?
What are you talking about, confession?
also have to explain
Matt 28:19
Eph 2:20
Matt 23
God always establishes order in the obedience to hierarchical authority!
God has established all we need to be obedient to Him, something I rarely was as a catholic.
Why?

Because they never told me that I could live without sinning.

Christ is king but he appointed peter and the apostles to administer his kingdom until his return including the power to forgive sins jn 20:21-23
You are avoiding the question...How many catholics live without committing sin?
Against how many of tens of thousands have the gates of hell not prevailed against?

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Christ is the king!

Jesus Christ is king!

All that, and still men raise themselves above God with their disobedience.
Idolaters, they are.

There s only one true church Jn 10:16
John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The other sheep are outside of Israel as in being the Gentile nation. Not the Roman Catholic Church. The churches that were established in Rome were not Roman Catholic as in the Vatican and Popes, but Christian churches founded on the rock who is Christ Jesus, not Peter. It has always been the Roman Empire that have persecuted to death millions of Christians and even so today until Christ returns.

The title of the thread you made here is what is the first commandment. In your post #4 you said: "Why does the scripture not say what each commandment is? Instead is has the whole content of the ten in ex 20". Why can you not read all ten commandments there with the first one being "Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

So, what is the whole purpose of this thread, but to argue and debate that the Roman Catholic Church is the true church of God.

I thank God for all the Catholics that have come out from her having their eyes opened to truth. Catholic might mean "universal" but only in the sense of the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church throughout the world who has made martyr's of God's people beginning with The Babylonian Empire up to present day revived Roman Empire that rules from the Vatican in Rome. Who was it that persecuted Christ whipping him, degrading Him nailing Him to a cross. Is this the church anyone would want to bow down to!!!

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Christ is the king!

Jesus Christ is king!

Then why do Catholics break the first commandment bowing down to the Pope?

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The other sheep are outside of Israel as in being the Gentile nation. Not the Roman Catholic Church. The churches that were established in Rome were not Roman Catholic as in the Vatican and Popes, but Christian churches founded on the rock who is Christ Jesus, not Peter. It has always been the Roman Empire that have persecuted to death millions of Christians and even so today until Christ returns.

The title of the thread you made here is what is the first commandment. In your post #4 you said: "Why does the scripture not say what each commandment is? Instead is has the whole content of the ten in ex 20". Why can you not read all ten commandments there with the first one being "Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

So, what is the whole purpose of this thread, but to argue and debate that the Roman Catholic Church is the true church of God.

I thank God for all the Catholics that have come out from her having their eyes opened to truth. Catholic might mean "universal" but only in the sense of the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church throughout the world who has made martyr's of God's people beginning with The Babylonian Empire up to present day revived Roman Empire that rules from the Vatican in Rome. Who was it that persecuted Christ whipping him, degrading Him nailing Him to a cross. Is this the church anyone would want to bow down to!!!
If I understand you correctly, are you saying that it was the Catholic church that persecuted Christ whipping him, degrading Him, and nailing Him to a cross? There wasn't a Catholic denomination when Christ was crucified. He was killed by the Roman soldiers, but there is no evidence that they were Catholics.

Would you please clarify what you meant? Thanks.

Then why do Catholics break the first commandment bowing down to the Pope?
I don't think that Catholics bow down to the Pope, thereby making him "before" God. As far as I understand it, they think that the Pope is the infallible(?) head of the Catholic church, the "vicar" (acting "in the person of" or agent") for Christ.

There is a lot wrong with the teachings of the Catholic church. They go way, way beyond the Bible and have created a skewed version of OT Jewish tradition and worship, but that doesn't include putting the Pope ahead of God.

I don't think that Catholics bow down to the Pope, thereby making him "before" God. As far as I understand it, they think that the Pope is the infallible(?) head of the Catholic church, the "vicar" (acting "in the person of" or agent") for Christ.

There is a lot wrong with the teachings of the Catholic church. They go way, way beyond the Bible and have created a skewed version of OT Jewish tradition and worship, but that doesn't include putting the Pope ahead of God.
So nobody bows down before the Pope and ask him to forgive their sins!!! Have you never seen the pictures where even Presidents bow before him and kiss his ring or they who bow down to a statue of Mary asking her to make intercession for them!!! God said to call no man father, but He himself as our Father in heaven. Why does the Pope call himself "Holy Father". This breaks the first commandment of having no other gods before me.

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

You are avoiding the question...How many catholics live without committing sin? Zero
Against how many of tens of thousands have the gates of hell not prevailed against? The gates of hell cannot prevail against the church, the church is eternal Lk 1:32-33

All that, and still men raise themselves above God with their disobedience.
Idolaters, they are.
I agree wise man idolatry is forbidden
Only God may be worshiped

Proving That Mary is not a goddess and this tittle does not apply to Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amounts women.

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

Only a heretical fundamentalists brainwashing can say so!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

All graces come from the merits of Christ, from His passion and death and come thru Mary to the glory of Her only begotten Son!

So nobody bows down before the Pope and ask him to forgive their sins!!! Have you never seen the pictures where even Presidents bow before him and kiss his ring or they who bow down to a statue of Mary asking her to make intercession for them!!! God said to call no man father, but He himself as our Father in heaven. Why does the Pope call himself "Holy Father". This breaks the first commandment of having no other gods before me.

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
I agree with this, but you originally wrote "I don't think that Catholics bow down to the Pope, thereby making him "before" God." I don't equate the two.

I think that bowing to the Pope and kissing his ring means anything, certainly not making him more important than God.

Jaybo

Why does it need to be in the Bible?
Is the “Bible alone” the rule of faith and truth for Christians ?
How do you know what is the Bible and what is not?

Ever read Daniel 13 about the faith of Susana provided by God for our instruction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back