Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

Quite a remarkable woman.

It's sad the hospital couldn't have been rescued and rehabbed years ago.
It was
It was the county admin edifice then when they built the palace which is just north of this .they gave the lasting part to the school board.I had to go here to get a photo ID made.the door with the overhang is where I delivered papers and also the wing wear I was born in.it still despite that new use look like the hospital .the reasons they razed it was the first time it had rats,and mold so they took out the section and this part had that problem and also was no longer big enough for the school board.

The circled isand is called Gem Island and is on old maps Vero .I have a coworker whose grandparents lived on that island in the depression and are buried nearby.They say the beach side back then was muck and worthless .

Old McKee Jungle Gardens near the Dixie Hwy.The Cypress Stump was never moved.The whale skeleton was moved to the Driftwood .

The circled isand is called Gem Island and is on old maps Vero .I have a coworker whose grandparents lived on that island in the depression and are buried nearby.They say the beach side back then was muck and worthless .

Amazing how things change over time.

Old McKee Jungle Gardens near the Dixie Hwy.The Cypress Stump was never moved.The whale skeleton was moved to the Driftwood .

Is the stump still there? Or has it fallen into decay over the years?

Does the Driftwood still have the whale skeleton? (I don't recall seeing it on pics of the Driftwood)

Amazing how things change over time.
This thread has come full circle.I did the very route that I posted pics from Today.I used the same condo it took those photos to start today.too many photos on the wall to get and I found the old original church in one photo.The Trinity Church first sanctuary.

Is the stump still there? Or has it fallen into decay over the years?

Does the Driftwood still have the whale skeleton? (I don't recall seeing it on pics of the Driftwood)
The stump,that was shipped to America and was a thousand years old.it's Rather solid rock now. I have posted photos of it .The Whale skeleton was removed from the Driftwood in the early 80s.I do remember it being there.The old McKee photo is probably from the 40s prior to ww2.McKee was shut down and used by the Navy for jungle survival training and also had that Dilbert Dunker in the river .a physical connection to the Ft pierce Udt/amphibious training area which was as far north to the current are across from Big Blue.River use went as north as far as the Barber Bridge.

I started this thread with this photo and posted those photos from inside the one just south of this.I have to drive under neath the condos .

And not a single picture gets redundant in the viewing! After 209 pages, I don't always recall every single photo, so I'm still enjoying this thread!

I had completely forgotten about 'The Stump'! It remains a stunning reminder of years/centuries long gone.
Btw Florida has those in Forests.my county was one that did .This Cypress was found by Waldo Sexton and shipped over to McKee Jungle.I did post that McKee Jungle was first in city limits near our current city hall.it was about 10 acres then.

When I was a boy ,McKee was closed in 1976 and there was a concern over the widening of Us1 and this stump.
THEY moved it east .McKee was restored and only part of it remains and is open.McKee was private from 1937 to 1976.it's non profit era us 1999 to present.

I can understand the decision to take it non-profit.

Back