Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

first united Methodist. they have the older avatar that I had before the one I have now. I have taken a pic of that. fumc of vero beach has a web page. because I have taken pictures of it a lot beside st.Helens I feel obligated to enter and see what they are about. and of course snap some pics. there are a lot of things I see with that big church. its about three blocks in each direction.

It does look like a big church. I've visited their webpage and it looks like they're doing a lot of good things. For what it's worth, it looks like they have an all white staff. That would be different from what I've been used to for the last thirty years.

It does look like a big church. I've visited their webpage and it looks like they're doing a lot of good things. For what it's worth, it looks like they have an all white staff. That would be different from what I've been used to for the last thirty years.
yes it might be. the other bethel a.m.e. when I do the Gifford or hospital route(both are close to it) I may photo it. its old but not that old. the fumc here goes back to 1915. this isn't its original location. I may take a pic of the original (second) location but its just some boring three story apartments/condo now. the church burned down here in the early 50's . its original sanctruary was still at the same place just south of crestlawn cemetery and was razed. people tried to save it but the government did nothing. I wish I had a pic of it. that edifice if it was around would be 100 years old this year.

the west view I wanted.note the Holy Spirit and Cross. for those that don't know the flame the cross is the Methodist way of saying the cross is uplifted by the Holy Spirit which dances around the crossView attachment 7144

You have it right, Jason. The cross and flame represent Christ's salvation through the cross, and the flame of the Holy Spirit that descend on the crowd at Pentecost. It was adopted after the union of the United Methodist Church and the Evangelical Brethren Church in 1968. The two tongues of the flame are symbolic of the two churches.

You have it right, Jason. The cross and flame represent Christ's salvation through the cross, and the flame of the Holy Spirit that descend on the crowd at Pentecost. It was adopted after the union of the United Methodist Church and the Evangelical Brethren Church in 1968. The two tongues of the flame are symbolic of the two churches.
there are two more of the Methodist churches I may photo but getting the beach side on as I did with this will not be as doable its in the middle of two streets that are always busy. the other I can swing as that is off a main road and by a few homes. I can even get shot from the church west of it. but these two aren't as eye catching as the Spanish revival style of fumc is.

the home there isn't a Spanish revival style but a southwestern style one. if it was not busy with workers I would have gotten a better pic

I have a few more with triangle an all manner of palms. the Methodist church has a few traveler's palms at their signs.

th

th

th

I was able to enjoy seeing a large number of older, fuller Monkey Puzzles while on the Isle of Skye (Scotland).

those are groomed to be that way. ah the second pic I have seen that here. just cant recall where I saw it.

Back