Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

Rip old gas station.this is Melbourne,I saw the demolition crew getting ready.I snapped it.it's twin to south.@AirDancer, remember I use to count these things on the way pack from pafb?this is one a few just north of 192.this area tween eau gallie and 192 has a ton.View attachment 7853

I remember old gas stations like that. Full service, including a service bay.

Nowadays, the buildings have to be bigger in order to sell all sorts of merchandise.... and there has to be more than 4 pumps in order to make it profitable.

Sad that station is going to be merely a notation in history.

I remember old gas stations like that. Full service, including a service bay.

Nowadays, the buildings have to be bigger in order to sell all sorts of merchandise.... and there has to be more than 4 pumps in order to make it profitable.

Sad that station is going to be merely a notation in history.
I will have to take another trip by its twin, alot are around here.vero has one.it's converted into a pizza, wing, sports bar.I have asked the owner.I'm allowed to photo it.it has alot of similarity to this but had a two bay garage .it was a car dealership before. Also still art deco in appearance. I may go look up its construction date.I found one that I saw in an Arial of vero from ww2.it still stands.built in 38.unusual in that it's the only style.it has a garage.i likely was a garage,gas station with a store.but I have been in it.it is large.it was a pawn shop for years and tree service and now us a car wash .I will post a Google Earth image

That is a two bay garage,gas station.I bet when this built it was likely the closest gas station as you heading south to the long gone royal park inn.there was another around the bend that was about Catty corner to this and was next to the patio.it's gone.this also had a lot of land.most of is gone as us1 was widened.I will shot this but the Crayola home I mentioned a while ago is request and the famous aviator a.arheart is linked to that home. I will squeeze the old gas station in.its near my paper route.

It makes me smile when I see older buildings given new life through re-purposing.
I remember it as a pawn shop with a sign by us1.the stand is still there.the owner Mr Hudmon,still was selling until he died.he was robbed at 78 in the mid 90s.shot the crook and was punched prior.he hit the crook twice.he.I bought a few things off him.it was where the door was on the south end.this hasnt been modified .you went in right by the island with the glass and the acess to garage was locked and you could turn tight.the old counter for a gas station was there still. I haveNT been inside since it's been mjm

What a memory you have of the pawn shop. Wow!

Pawn shops are such targets for robberies. Last year (?), a pawn shop in a town not far from me was robbed. Several thousands of dollars' worth of merchandise were stolen, including quite the arsenal of guns. Eventually, the 3 robbers were caught, but not all the merchandise was recovered. The young men had sold many of the guns, but didn't know the names of the buyers who were from the Chicago area.

The judge gave the ring-leader 6 months probation. In explanation, the judge said that the young man had been kicked out of his home at age 16 by his single mother, and had led a rough life since.

Makes one feel warm & safe just knowing the judicial system is truly looking out for the law-abiding citizens, doesn't it.

What a memory you have of the pawn shop. Wow!

Pawn shops are such targets for robberies. Last year (?), a pawn shop in a town not far from me was robbed. Several thousands of dollars' worth of merchandise were stolen, including quite the arsenal of guns. Eventually, the 3 robbers were caught, but not all the merchandise was recovered. The young men had sold many of the guns, but didn't know the names of the buyers who were from the Chicago area.

The judge gave the ring-leader 6 months probation. In explanation, the judge said that the young man had been kicked out of his home at age 16 by his single mother, and had led a rough life since.

Makes one feel warm & safe just knowing the judicial system is truly looking out for the law-abiding citizens, doesn't it.
I should, I worked across the street from it for about three years.I also loved to walk buy it to go to seven eleven.there is a road behind it that goes right to seven eleven that has little traffic.I will throw in the two other old gas stations.these all have the colored restrooms.

I still chuckle when I see the 3rd picture of MJM that you posted. The one with the big Car Wash sign painted on the window. Parked in the lot is a motorcycle!

One aspect of progress is the fact that streets have to be widened to accommodate the traffic. That means property owners along the streets have to cede land to make the widening of the streets happen. (And that typically means property values decrease)

One aspect of progress is the fact that streets have to be widened to accommodate the traffic. That means property owners along the streets have to cede land to make the widening of the streets happen. (And that typically means property values decrease)
1943 image of the gas station.what makes thus easy to find are the roads that weren't widened at all. Ie the u shaped road, ponce de leon.the edifice in the u had a pool with ponce de leon painted in bottom,it was a salt water pool.it's gone.I Will post an 1981 image of this next.the cursor points to the gas station.note that sharp turn by it.View attachment 7861

1943 image of the gas station.what makes thus easy to find are the roads that weren't widened at all. Ie the u shaped road, ponce de leon.the edifice in the u had a pool with ponce de leon painted in bottom,it was a salt water pool.it's gone.I Will post an 1981 image of this next.the cursor points to the gas station.note that sharp turn by it.View attachment 7861

Back