Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

1943 image of the gas station.what makes thus easy to find are the roads that weren't widened at all. Ie the u shaped road, ponce de leon.the edifice in the u had a pool with ponce de leon painted in bottom,it was a salt water pool.it's gone.I Will post an 1981 image of this next.the cursor points to the gas station.note that sharp turn by it.View attachment 7861

Wow! Fascinating, the view of the territory in 1943.

27 years later. looking at one of my favorite routes to take photos then an now, man royal palm. so named for its palms that were there from its time in the 20s to the 70s. the are hak palms along the street. its gone now.

View attachment 7862

this is from a 1970 topo.I wasn't able to show the gas station in the 81 topo easily.i see it but the image isn't easy for the eyes at our age. wink, wink. im 25.

Some maps are just that way... not clear enough to make 100% sense out of them.

During the mid-90s, I did a bit of a tour of Kentucky on the bike. I had a map, thought it would come in a bit handy in terms of gas stations. The new map I had was inaccurate! Either towns were closer together than shown, or they were further apart than shown. It was a nightmare.

Even now, at our ages of 25, some maps just aren't logical in their presentation!

1. gas station
2.the hotel royal park inn. gone before I was born. wife remembers it. I showed this to her, she remembers this hotel.
3.tennis courts. still here.
4.both were built by sexton. they are business, the one at the bottom was a bar an now is a car dealership, the other was a home an now a salon, ponce de salon .
5. an apartment then? now is one for sure
6.ponce de leon ave. name still the same

Some maps are just that way... not clear enough to make 100% sense out of them.

During the mid-90s, I did a bit of a tour of Kentucky on the bike. I had a map, thought it would come in a bit handy in terms of gas stations. The new map I had was inaccurate! Either towns were closer together than shown, or they were further apart than shown. It was a nightmare.

Even now, at our ages of 25, some maps just aren't logical in their presentation!
its accurate. just a poor image.i remember vero well from that time. that is why I like using it for a reference

as a pilot those topos you have were simply overlay photos then distorted to allow it to fit on a piece of paper as they are flat. there is a term for that. the skale for the topo of 43 is 1:200000, the 51 image, not shown is 1:24,0000.pilots use the 1:150000

as a pilot those topos you have were simply overlay photos then distorted to allow it to fit on a piece of paper as they are flat. there is a term for that. the skale for the topo of 43 is 1:200000, the 51 image, not shown is 1:24,0000.pilots use the 1:150000

Because the flying crowd is one big family, we shared other 'markers' to make pin-pointing locations more of a challenge. A distinctive cupola on a barn .... an oddly shaped pond .... When someone we really liked finally achieved his/her licensing, we'd present the person with maps compiled with our sight/site markers. It was a lot of fun!

Oh, and along with the maps, we presented a list of our favorite (small) airport restaurants, and which small airports had pilots & pilot wanna-be's who were always willing to provide a lift somewhere in the nearby town.

Oh, and along with the maps, we presented a list of our favorite (small) airport restaurants, and which small airports had pilots & pilot wanna-be's who were always willing to provide a lift somewhere in the nearby town.
Marked personal maps,one church is known for its huge crosses that pilots see as they aproach.I know that church.went there for years. Here what mjm has now.see how little it hasView attachment 7864 View attachment 7864 View attachment 7864 View attachment 7864

I can see having signs in a museum. After all, they've played a part in our history and are of interest.
The signs save the restaurant one are simply ones that blew off during the hurricanes.well the sign for restaurant did too but it closed soon after.building was an old packing house in appearence.

There are people around the Midwest who have collected signs that have blown onto their properties, compliments of tornadoes or tornado-type winds.

Back