Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rude

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

God's_gift

So there's this young man, i call him "boy "coz he is almost 3 years younger than me ,he is only 21 and i am 24. He and her sister lives in the same boarding house i am living right now and been living there for about a year and months. Her sister is also 24 and we're friends not that close, but we're friends.

As much as possible i've been trying to just be casual to this young man and not even flirt with him in any single moment that we talk or hang out with other friends and boardmates. But this young man after a year invited me into a dinner and confess his feeling towards me. And i was like stunned and a little upset because i really don't have a hint and upset because i don't want to have a gap or awkwardness in our friendship. So i turned him down, of course kindly and nicely last april.

I've been praying for " someone" , you know what i mean... but this young man though he is kind , good looking, tall and smart but he is not a christian, and the second reason he is 3 year younger than me , common.......

So like what i expected, he have changed. Every Saturday, we have a jogging with some friends and he's not joining anymore. And i invited him to church and he use to be so excited and now he's so busy with work and such and always have some alebys, and he seems so aloof. And he's not looking me in the eyes anymore. Like he is always on a hurry whenever we meet in the hallway.

And what i really don't like when her sister told me that " you know sheen, you're the only one he have taken out to dinner with"... she want me to feel gulity:sad and now i kinda feel like :sad:sad:sad

I just want to pray for him right now even though he's like so rude towards me..hays.....:sad

Awkward.. no other word for it...

Give him some time... it's gotta be hard for a guy to work up the courage to declare himself, and then be turned down... by someone he's going to see everyday.

There really isn't much hope that the friendship wouldn't change under the circumstances. Just give it some time and give him space. Perhaps the two of you will develop a different friendship... or perhaps not. Don't let his sister guilt trip you though... you needed to be honest, even if it hurt him.

By the way...
I can understand the part about him not being a Christian... but...

:biggrin My husband is 5 years younger than me!

Awkward.. no other word for it...

:biggrin My husband is 5 years younger than me!

Really, Dora i didn't know that but now i know ,:biggrin:) thanks for sharing...

I hope and pray that he will be ok soon.

With the age gap, before it was ok for me coz my first bf when i was in highschool( teenager) was 2 years younger than me. But now i often heared that men are slower to mature than women. Or is there difference between age and maturity among men and women?

I agree that younger men shouldn't be an issue ... unless of course he's 15 and you're 30 or something like that. :shrug

The famous minister, Derek Prince was 25 years younger than his wife.

But you did the right thing by turning down an unbeliever. The fact that he's gotten rude toward you is already a sign of his immaturity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back