Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Save yourself from the Angel of Death. Eat the Communion.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
--Here is a post I posted at an 'Easter' time I think? See if it fits here StoveBolts?--

Acts 12:4's Easter? Read verses 1-5.

Most church goers Celebrate this day, yet some claim that the law of Moses is the law of God and was nailed to the cross? Some go so far as to claim that the law was finished.
Some 'ones' believe that the ten Commandments are O.T. stuff, until they come to the law that are from the pen of Moses. Then you are in a bind! Notice Deuteronomy 31:9-11 and then on up to verse 24-26? "And Moses wrote this law..." "Take this book of the law, and put it in [the side] of the Ark.." (not inside) What was, & is still inside the Ark dear friends?

There was nothing in the Ark save the two tables of stone! 1 Kings 8:9

The law of Moses are these seen in 2 Chronicles 8:13. "Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandments of Moses, on the Sabbaths, ('s') and on the new moons and on the [solemn feasts], three times in the year, even in the feast of [unleavened bread], and in the feast of the tabernacles."

Some say that all law is nailed to the cross & then tell us that we need to keep a Easter instead, because of a resurrection? Lets check Acts 12:1-5?

Notice verse one. Herod the king was to vex the church. Which church was Peter a member of? Israel of old, or Christ's new offshoot? Verse 5 tells us Peter was looked up because of his former friends! Pay attention now, for who it is that are keeping the feast day of Easter!

Notice who were KEEPING the.. 'days of unleavened bread' (v.3) Now called Easter for the first & only time. It [WAS NOT PETER keeping this day, he was in jail!]

Take a moment to ask yourself about Catholicism, and their claim that Peter was the first pope. Yet, it was 'pope Peter' who was in prison, and the DESOLATE of Christ Matthew 23:38 ex/fold were the ones who were still keeping the nailed to the cross feast days, not Peter!

OK: Back to the Word of God:
"And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison,...[intending after Easter] to bring him forth [to the people.]" v. 4 And remember that in verse 1-3 the church was vexed & James was killed, ...it pleased the Jews who were keeping this [feast day] you call Easter!

Whose side are you folks on friend? You destroy the Royal Law that is still inside the Ark in heaven, and then keep the Laws of Moses that are finished?? Try Revelation 11:19 & Revelation 22:8-9.

Two separate laws. One used to lead us to Christ, then the other one. The very LETTER or 'Epistle' of His Character that is to be re/created into the heart! John 3:3. This is the one 's'atan wants to 'void' out! 2 Corinthians 3:3 & try Romans 3:31

Christ' death did away with the law that Moses wrote, the one that you all now, want to keep! And Paul talks about a 'new gospel' in Galatians 1:6-9..
'another gospel...which [is not] another...there be some that trouble you and [pervert] the gospel of Christ...accursed...If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, [let him be accursed.]"

"I am afraid of you...Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years."! (all plural) You have repeated the exact same history as God requireth, only you are on the wrong side of the Everlasting Gospel!! Read all of Galatians 4:4-11. And in verse 19 of chapter 3 of Gal. it stated when Moses law would cease! And why it was added. Its service was used in the Sanctuary service to bring souls to Christ.

Can you be sure?
In Acts 15:1-24 you can be sure. "And certain men....taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the [manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved."]
Was that all? No. Hardly! verse two tells us that Paul & Barnabus went up to Jerusalem unto the elders and the apostles about this problem. But notice after they got there in verse 4. (this below is what you are doing also)
"But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was (NO.1) needful to circumcise them , and (NO.2) to command them to [keep the law of Moses.]" verse 5. This is exactly what the Catholic church & ALL her Harlot Daughters are doing!
A mistake? check verse 24!! "Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, [subverting your souls,] (notice, Twice Again) saying, Ye must be circumcised, [and] keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:.."

Just some closing thoughts? Who will hear us? try 1 John. 4:6 If a person will not look it up?.. the thought then comes to mind, that their thoughts will very soon, come to a halt.
The closing thoughts take us to the time of what your perverted gospel, calls the resurrection????

The offshoot denomination are all still keeping the Seventh-day Sabbath
commandment! It started at Fri. sundown & closed when?? Think!

SATURDAY AT SUNDOWN!! After Saturday sunset, the spices that had been all prepared beforehand, found the women [waiting for daylight?] You got to be off your Spiritual Rocker!! It is hard for a non/Christian to understand what anyone who loves their master would do, it seems? Well, 'i' will tell you what they did! (while the men were all in hiding for fear, fear from the 'keepers' of Moses law)

The women are recorded to proceed.."..as it [began to dawn] toward the first day of the week.." when was this? Verse 2-6 & v. 6 says, "He is not here: for he is risen.." It is a fact that Christ was gone already! 'Easter'
sunrise? Hardly!! They were keeping the Seventh-day Sabbath! THEY WERE NOW DOING A WORK THAT THEY WOULD NOT DO BEFORE!! But again, when did they start this work sorrow?

Christ was gone well before daylight. Lets check another? But lets use the Apostates favorite, you never hear of these other passages in April, at least not in full context. "And when the Sabbath was past...And very early in the morning...they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. Even this does not say
when the Master arose!

Another from Luke 24 in part. "Very early in the morning, they came ..
bringing spices which they had prepared..And they found the stone rolled away..And found not the body of the Lord Jesus." Again, the Evening & the Morning made the day, night first, and the light part last! What time was it? It is a Gospel Truth that Christ was already arisen BEFORE OUR Sunday HAD ANY SUNSHINE!

It seems that John who lived the longest, and who wrote the Rev. would
be able to give us a good report? He was inspired to pen his words in chapter 20 giving us the total thoughts of the Godhead from both angles.
He tells us about the women coming to the tomb & where the men were? And why they were in hiding. And also about the time of day it really was, as found in verses 1 & 19. In part it says,

"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, (notice the word EARLY again) when it was [yet dark,] unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre." When it was yet dark & Christ was gone already!!!

Remember that John. wrote Rev. near 96 A.D. 27 yrs after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. He could have 'tidied' any previous understanding up, if it had been needed.

Read on, for there was quite a commotion! We will continue on in verse 11. Mary is broken up & crying, and remember it is 'yet dark'
"and when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and she saw Jesus
standing, and [knew not] that it was Jesus. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Again why did she not recognize him before? It was dark & she was weeping! (these were real tears friend!!)

Notice another point. Think about the thief on the cross which some say went straight into paradise that same day that he died? Remember that Jesus was in the grave nearly three day before his resurrection. In verse 17 He tells us that, "..Touch me not for I am not yet ascended to my Father.." Yet what day does the Gospel tell us that this was? Notice verse 19,

"Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, where the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews.." And some of the professed call this a worship service. But again verse one call this.. "while it was yet dark"! Here it is the same day, AND the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK! Go slowly..it is dark, night & Sunday. (Or Saturday Night as we know it.) Do you remember that the Sabbath was past at SUNSET? And in Gen. 1, the dark part comes first? The Gospel says that the 'evening and the morning were the first day.' try Gen. 1:5 & 8 & 13 & 19 & 23 & Gen. 2:2-3 man was created and the Sabbath given.

Is your message something new? Hardly!
"And he (satan-great whore) shall speak great words against the most High....and think to change times and laws.." Dan. 7:25

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that were against us..took it out of the way, nailing it to the cross.."

But God asks, "What is new? Nothing new under the sun." They tell us! Try Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl.3:15

In the Masters service for the quick ending of His work, John

Hey Vic,

Vic said:
Nope, never suggested that. All I'm trying to do is show people using Acts 20:7 as prooftext and as a model to "do" the Lord's Supper on a Sunday is wrong. Personally, we should be able to "do" Lord's supper seven days a week, providing all is right in our heart and with God.

If we want to focus on 'sunday', then yes, I wouldn't argue that, and am in full agreement. My reason being is that if we focus to hard in one area [the wrong area], the joy we were to find and that was intended gets mired in meaniel banter.

That being said, Scripture says "As often as you meet"... and by example, they met on the first day of the week. Does this matter what day? I don't think so. It may be convienent for us to do it on Sunday, which is our first day of the week and as far as a calendar, not sure if the Jewish first day of the week carries over to our first day of the week or not. I'll try and look at your site you posted or you could just save me the time and answer it if you wanted. It's up to you.

Regardless, "As often as you meet" is as often as you meet and I don't think Coffman was zeroing in on Sunday as "The" day as much as he was emphasizing the first day of the week which happens to be Sunday for you and me, but before we get stuck on "Sunday", lets refocus to the why... To "Do this in Rememberance of me", which was the purpose of the gathering on that Day, and not the day itself other than it was the first day. Again, I don't know what Coffman was thinking here, and he's not here to answer. I suppose it's all in how we want to view it huh?

The church I attend partakes of the Lords supper each and every Sunday and we believe that by example, we come together for the purpose to remember God's great sacrafice of His only begotten Son. Yes, we have bible classes and yes, we have a worship service and yes, we even have a great preacher that guides the flock. But all of this is icing on the cake because the purpose of our Sunday service is to remember the death, burial and resurection of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ and to give thanks for the salvation that we recieve through His blood that was shed on the cross and we happen to to remember this through the bread and the fruit of the vine which represent His body and blood shed on calvary.

To be honest, I wish we would offer them on Wednesday and I really don't know why we don't. Don't ya hate when people get so into parsing the texts that we miss the purpose and the beauty that's been set before us?

CatholicXian,
You stated yourself extreemly well and agian, I find myself agreeing with the way in which your words were spoken.

John,
It will take me some time to digest your whole post. Sorry to hear about your teeth. Ouch!! (both in your mouth and your pocket book).

I just wanted to touch on one thing though, and I hope that it doesn't side track things because I would really like to talk about communion, call me selfish, but I'm getting a lot out of this thread and I know that there is so much more that we could share with each other. Anyway, take this in stride please.

John said:
Christ' death did away with the law that Moses wrote, the one that you all now, want to keep! And Paul talks about a 'new gospel' in Galatians 1:6-9..

I thought Christ fullfilled the Law... In that I mean this. The Lord gave Moses the law to write on tablets of stone. Later, those stones were placed in the ark and on top of the ark, was the mercy seat. Again, these things were after a pattern showed Moses on the mountain and hence, a copy of heavenly things.

There are three parts to man. Body, Soul and Spirit. Three seperate entities that make up our tuine beingness. Our body, is the outer man, our Soul is the inner man and our spirit, is where God dwells. Likewise, the tabernacle and the temple had three area's as well. The outer court, the inner room and the holy of holies.

God dwelt with Adam in Adam's spirit, that is to say his Holy of Holies. When Adam ate the fruit, God basically moved out and his soul preceded to die along with his body. So, God sets up his temple and dwelt in the holy of holies within the ark where the testimony is stored. My friend, Jesus fullfilled the law, because it (the testimony) was stored where no soul could go, and that is in the full presence of God himself within the ark in the holy of holies.

As a sign, when Christ breathed his last, the temple curtain was torn in two and the holy of holies was exposed to all who wished to enter and this law... as God promised, was written on our hearts.

What I have written is far from complete and I'm not saying that I havn't missed up something along the way, it is simply a few things that I think about when I think about what God's grace is, and when I partake and try to understand the awsome gift that God has given us through the death, burial and resurection of His son.

"I thought Christ fulfilled the Law... In that I mean this. The Lord gave Moses the law to write on tablets of stone. Later, those stones were placed in the ark and on top of the ark, was the mercy seat. Again, these things were after a pattern showed Moses on the mountain and hence, a copy of heavenly things.

There are three parts to man. Body, Soul and Spirit. Three separate entities that make up our tuine beingness. Our body, is the outer man, our Soul is the inner man and our spirit, is where God dwells. Likewise, the tabernacle and the temple had three area's as well. The outer court, the inner room and the holy of holies. "
____

John here:
Hi, this is not what what you mean is it?? That on planet earth we are seeing what you sound like is printed above????? No law? (kill, steal, 7th day Sabbath breaking)

The laws of Moses & the tables of stone are two distinct different laws. One is Eternal & one is seen added in Galatians 3:19.

You are studying the right place (Psalm 77:13) to come to grips with God's way, but keep at it & use the Isaiah 42:21 verse of MAGNIFYING THE ETERNAL COVENANT AND MAKING IT HONORABLE.

Doing away with it, is not making it Honorable! Remember Isaiah 8:20 in its two parts. The Bible as a WHOLE (2 Timothy 3:16-Matthew 4:4) is the TESTIMONY (of Christ part) and the Law COVENANT is the [only part that is God WRITTEN!] This verse tell the whole Universe how mankind is to test what he is to [live by!] And this is what who, wants to abolish??? See Daniel 7:25 (that is the devil's workers refereed to there in Daniel 7:25)

And this you say is what you think was [FINISHED]??? You need more 'being LED' on this one. :wink: Romans 8:14

One might need to know more of what the Word says to [you], rather than no scripture to back up what is written in a missive, and even 'others stuff' for what might be your influence??

And hay, I am an old man & you come across like a son to me, :wink: so hopefully you can see where I come from?

One more thought. When you goes into the earthly sanctuary, each object gives an Eternal lesson of Gods future planning. When one offered the slain Lamb by faith, ask yourself why he must go on into the sanctuary further? Was it not NOW FINISHED?
Each object teaches something doctrinal from the bible in further time. The sin offering was burned UP! Hell? Check Psalm 73:1-2 & then Psalm 73:12-17 for what David says he learned about hell?

---John

Thanks Jeff, enjoyed the conversation. By all means, check out the calendar link I posted. It's an easy site to navigate and the Jewish calendar info provided is invaluable, IMO.

To be honest, I wish we would offer them on Wednesday and I really don't know why we don't. Don't ya hate when people get so into parsing the texts that we miss the purpose and the beauty that's been set before us?
Agreed. Same with SBC, only once a month; first Sunday of the month. Though they see it as an ordinance, they threat it as though it's tradition they don't want to get too caught up in for fear of it becoming ritualistic. :-? Sometimes I miss the first Sunday of the month, missing the "communion" and feel as though I "missed out" on something more meaningful than what appears on the surface. 8-) ...as you pointed out. --> "... we miss the purpose and the beauty that's been set before us."

Peace,
Vic

Hey John,

That was a good post. I mean a really good post.

I don't think that I said "Finished", but perhaps you were speaking of John 19:30 which is yet another faucet to our discussion??

I know that I'm lazy in posting verses. To be honest, I'm not that good at memorizing where verses are located specifically... I just kind of remember what they say. One is about half way through Romans, another is mid way in Exodus, yet another is somewhere in.... I know I know, I have to work harder in that area.

On the other side, I've tried reading and listening to Jeremiah and Daniel and it was dry as a stick to me... same thing with revelation and I always shy away when possible until my footing [base] expands a bit. I see that I won't be able to shy away much longer huh??

John said:
One might need to know more of what the Word says to [you], rather than no scripture to back up what is written in a missive, and even 'others stuff' for what might be your influence??

What I have written in my posts is what I understand from the Word as a whole. This can be used to gauge where my maturity in Scripture is you could say within a degree or two of any particular topic making up the whole. You don't hear too many people ever admit that they are wrong on this site, but I can say that I'm not always right and I try not to make the claim that I am right all the time, but attempt to practice discernment and consideration for others when I have the patience (Romans 12:18). Perhaps this is my lack of understanding? But I would not venture to say that it's because of my lack of zeal.

You ask me what my influence...is; it would take a book because my whole life has been an influence. Your familiar with some of my posts on other things, I've yet to scratch the surface, yet I praise God that He has saved me and continues to unfold his glory before my very eyes. More to the point of the topic in response to your question, I went through Genesis to Ezra recently (last 3 months), then went to Job, bounced to Romans, Revelation, some of the smaller NT (1-2 Timothy, 1-2-3 John etc) and then Hebrews. I was amazed with the first 5 books with all this stuff about the tabernacle and offerings. So, while in the bookstore, I found a picture book of the tabernacle so I could visualize it. Recently, I've been reading another book (since shortly after X-mas) called Camping with God and I think it's pretty good so far.
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?i ... 25433630-0

Taking the book and some other stuff, things have kind of been coming together you might say. Like, I've always known that Jesus became our high priest (Hebrews 8), but without knowledge what the priesthood was, there is a lack of truly beginning to understanding what Christ did (Hebrews 9:6-8)

Anyway, glad this isn't apologetics, I'm so sick of arguing back and forth. :wink: and I am sorry this is so winded, but hey, this is fellowship right? I know some choose to hide behind their screen names; I'm just not one of them today.

So, back to the topic huh?

Vic said:
Thanks Jeff, enjoyed the conversation. By all means, check out the calendar link I posted. It's an easy site to navigate and the Jewish calendar info provided is invaluable, IMO.

Agreed. Same with SBC, only once a month; first Sunday of the month. Though they see it as an ordinance, they threat it as though it's tradition they don't want to get too caught up in for fear of it becoming ritualistic. :-? Sometimes I miss the first Sunday of the month, missing the "communion" and feel as though I "missed out" on something more meaningful than what appears on the surface. 8-) ...as you pointed out. --> "... we miss the purpose and the beauty that's been set before us."

Peace,
Vic

Sorry Vic, what's SBC?

I suppose it all balances out huh? Anyway, great post, I'm glad we can come together on this.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi StoveBolts, John here.

I have listed a link that has several different doctrines on it, if I recall? It is called the Bible light ministries I think?
It is an Adventist site, yet, this particular doctrinal study is highlighting the Doctrine of Christ's Everlasting Gospel (Revelation 14:6 + 2 John 1:9) as David states in Psalms 77:13.

But if one just goes there to pick up the Sanctuary study, it is worth it all by itself. There are few flaws as I see it, and it is picture illustrated for understanding it better.

I studied the Sanctuary thoroughly years ago, and still do. Everything in Gods Way is found inside of this sanctuary study. And it was the one study that has 'settled' me in the faith above all others. Colossians 1:23 It truly is a Christ centered study! If I read in the Word anything that I do not understand, (and have many times! :wink:) or hear something that is suspect? I balance it with the Sanctuary doctrine, if it is nothing new as God states? I check it out some more! And finally find that it either belongs, or it is dumped! :fadein:

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/

Vic said:
Close... Southern Baptist Convention. Actually, I am associated with a BCNY church. :lol: :lol:

Ohh com on now! LOL :smt021

BTW: you said that site was simple... ooooooo k.

Ajax 777 said:
LOL, and sometimes ya don't.

You do realize you just dated yourself (dated, as in gave away your age LOL) :-D

Hey John,

I understand what your saying. Thanks for the site, I will check it out with discernment.

Anway, we've got a blizzard going here and I've got a long drive home. You guys take care. It's been a real nice day.

Later Jeff...

BCNY=Baptist Convention of New York. Simple, heh? :wink:

C'mon now, LOL... that site IS easy to understand and navigate. :tongue

Keep the snow from coming to the NYC area, ok?

Thanks.

:-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back