Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Saved by Grace not of works !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
gd

It is obvious you do not pay attention, I have mentioned faith several times in this thread, now read post 111,117,120,and 211..

I keep posting also Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Now if you keep asking me about Faith, I have no other alternative but to conclude this discussion is way over your head. Now read the posts I gave you about faith in salvation, and be ready to explain what I said about it in detail, then I know at least you can grasp what I stated even if you disagree..

You quoted

This proves above a shadow of doubt, you believe in salvation by works, by labour ! That is condemned by scripture !

Oh...I see. By posting straight from the Word of God, I'm condemned by the Word. Gotta love that logic.

So I see you ignored 99% of post 239 !

No, you just wanted me to go look at your other posts. So I did, and what did I find?

SbyG said:
How is it through Faith ? Because of the corruption of False teachers, the element of faith in the regards of salvation by Grace through Faith, they having imposed upon faith that it is an condition that man must meet or do to get saved [making their faith savior] which is a lie, so then in what sense are we to understand that Salvation is by Grace through Faith ?

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God Rom 10:17

17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. The word of Faith vs 8

Faith is believing God's word of promise,in other words, faith rests in what God has said He will do or has performed. You see God is going to perform His Pleasure whether we believe or not ! 2 Tim 2:13, however Faith is given in order to have confidence in God's word and ability to do what He says !

I see you blaming "false teachers". They are false, I assume, because they don't believe as you do.

Note the portion in red above. You claim that we are making faith our saviour. Yet, you are making grace our saviour. Who, pray tell, is our Saviour? Grace, Faith, or Jesus Christ? What you fail to see is that you need grace and faith to reach the Saviour, grace alone will not do.

Then, of course, you say that believing is something God does for us. He supplies the power by which we may believe, but our response to the power comes with a directive from God to choose life. Man's responsibility is there whether you like it or not.

Christ is the door AND the way... Unless we walk the way after having entered at the door, we will not be received, but rather tied hand and foot and cast out.

We were called apart from works, yes. All that is necessary to enter is repentance, and then grace is granted according to our faith. But that entering is entering into the race which we must then run.

We are saved by grace and not of works means that it's not something that we have done that brings us in. But we are called thus for good works, and to be conformed to Christ, that we would manifest him to the world.

That's what the good soil does... We must be good soil that we might be received. :yes

Thus it says

Hosea 10:12
Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the LORD, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you. :thumbsup

No, you just wanted me to go look at your other posts. So I did, and what did I find?

I see you blaming "false teachers". They are false, I assume, because they don't believe as you do.

Note the portion in red above. You claim that we are making faith our saviour. Yet, you are making grace our saviour. Who, pray tell, is our Saviour? Grace, Faith, or Jesus Christ? What you fail to see is that you need grace and faith to reach the Saviour, grace alone will not do.

Then, of course, you say that believing is something God does for us. He supplies the power by which we may believe, but our response to the power comes with a directive from God to choose life. Man's responsibility is there whether you like it or not.

AMEN!!!

Christ is the door AND the way... Unless we walk the way after having entered at the door, we will not be received, but rather tied hand and foot and cast out.

We were called apart from works, yes. All that is necessary to enter is repentance, and then grace is granted according to our faith. But that entering is entering into the race which we must then run.

We are saved by grace and not of works means that it's not something that we have done that brings us in. But we are called thus for good works, and to be conformed to Christ, that we would manifest him to the world.

That's what the good soil does... We must be good soil that we might be received. :yes

He stands at the door and knocks, if any man opens the door, He will come in.....
He will never leave us nor forsake us.

If the blood is over the door post, the death angel passes over.....
We are justified by faith...there is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST.

Jesus is the strait gate........those who enter into the strait gate are IN CHRIST.

Matthew 7:13
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

He stands at the door and knocks, if any man opens the door, He will come in.....
He will never leave us nor forsake us.

If the blood is over the door post, the death angel passes over.....
We are justified by faith...there is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST.

Jesus is the strait gate........those who enter into the strait gate are IN CHRIST.

Matthew 7:13
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Amen! And once we are in Christ, we must abide! :)

Blessings to you!

prentis

Unless we walk the way after having entered at the door, we will not be received, but rather tied hand and foot and cast out.

More work salvation talk..

glory

No, you just wanted me to go look at your other posts.

You asked me a question about faith, those posts gives my understanding of faith. If you do not want to read them, then don't ask me questions, especially on thing I have already spent a great deal of time on explaining already. So read them, then explain what you understand them to be saying.. That way I know you have some kind of comprehension..

prentis

All that is necessary to enter is repentance,

Thats works salvation, repentance is a commandment Acts 17:30

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

So you seem to be saying that a man is saved by keeping a commandment of God ! That is Salvation by law or works, condemned by scripture..

prentis

Thats works salvation, repentance is a commandment Acts 17:30

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

So you seem to be saying that a man is saved by keeping a commandment of God ! That is Salvation by law or works, condemned by scripture..

Your WHOLE premise is wrong my friend...

Amen! And once we are in Christ, we must abide! :)

Blessings to you!

We abide when we can rely on the Promises and the Keeping Power of God.

Genesis 28:15
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

1 Samuel 2:8-10 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.

Jeremiah 31:10
Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.

glory

You asked me a question about faith, those posts gives my understanding of faith. If you do not want to read them, then don't ask me questions, especially on thing I have already spent a great deal of time on explaining already. So read them, then explain what you understand them to be saying.. That way I know you have some kind of comprehension..

Uh, SbyG, I did read them. That's why I posted one to show you where you had gone wrong. I comprehend, only too well, what you're saying. It's just wrong, and I'm trying to show you how you're missing the link.

Not that "through faith" is, but....Finally, something we agree on.

There is nothing I agree with you on about salvation, for you believe in salvation by works, and you deny that Christ's death alone saved those for whom He died..

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back