Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Shekinah - The female side of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I've heard of this before. So has Leonard Nimoy (a.k.a "Spock"). His though is rather perverted.

I would agree with what the Holy Spirit has to say about it and have spoken to quite a few others on this topic. Some receptive, some not so much.

yes the Chassidic jews believe the shekinah cloud is femine. nimoy is a jew and was raised orthodox. that is where he gets a lot of the idea of Vulcan cultures the greeting they use from two things. the idea of shalom and chiefly the .Aaronic priesthood blessing

What does the Holy Spirit have to say about it?

You have no need to ask this of me.

I have no need to ask you ?

Wait. What's the question again? J/K: That's correct. There is no need that any man who may inquire directly has to ask through an indirect source like me. What may I say that you may not know?

I was hoping we could discuss the topic of this thread.

I was hoping you had some insight from the Holy Spirit about the feminine side of God and the Shekinah.

JLB

It does look a little complex; Judaism, Christianity, (Islam?)..did men just invent a name for a female side of God the Father. I also don't see a lot of scripture, just personal beliefs. weird.

The first time i heard the female side of God was when Gloria Steinem was in her hay day..

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

tob

No I meant in here

Okay, but this is not the first time I've looked at the subject. Wiki is okay for guidance when it comes to initial thoughts but it doesn't attain excellence or if it does? It's not something that is respected in academia as excellent. Good tool, yes. Excellence? Not really. Why? Because I am one of the contributors to that collection of knowledge, and urk? If they let me edit and contribute, that means they let anyone also. It's a fine system but it does have its weak-points.

God is Spirit. There is no gender. We are speaking about language here. Claudya? I thought you spoke German, yes? You, better than I, would know about masculine and feminine nouns, right?

God is Spirit. There is no gender. We are speaking about language here. Claudya? I thought you spoke German, yes? You, better than I, would know about masculine and feminine nouns, right?

Right, there is no gender... then why would God need a female side? "He" is both (or neither) anyway.
It's really a problem that people attribute gender traits to things according to the gramatical gender of the word. For example: in German a cat is grammatically female (unless you explicitly know it's a male cat) and the plural form for cats is closer related to the female singular word than to the male singular word.
Usually when I meet a cat who's gender I don't know or isn't obvious I catch myself automatically thinking it's a girl cat, because the German word Katze (=cat) is grammatically feminine. So my thinking is basically sexist towards male cats, but I doubt the cats care. Way more importantly, when talking about people language does a lot of discriminiation. I wish we had gender neutral words or at least gender neutral plural forms for nouns that discribe people.

Anyway, grammatical genders of words make people think the thing discribe by the word is of that gender, too.
The original post saying "Blessings to all godly women across the world" proves that.

The human understanding of gender actually is pretty crude; to us, gender is linked to genitalia, which is inapplicable to spirit.

But being a Spirit, I imagine God has a, well, spiritualized view and expression of gender. Not a lack of gender. He created both male and female in His image. I'm thinking that He could because He is both.

And I'm thinking that each individual has a masculine and feminine side too, in correspondence to our Creator.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I meant in here

Okay, but this is not the first time I've looked at the subject. Wiki is okay for guidance when it comes to initial thoughts but it doesn't attain excellence or if it does? It's not something that is respected in academia as excellent. Good tool, yes. Excellence? Not really. Why? Because I am one of the contributors to that collection of knowledge, and urk? If they let me edit and contribute, that means they let anyone also. It's a fine system but it does have its weak-points.

I was hoping to use the scriptures to see how the Holy Spirit would lead us and guide us into the fullness of truth in this matter.

JLB

The human understanding of gender actually is pretty crude; to us, gender is linked to genitalia, which is inapplicable to spirit.

But being a Spirit, I imagine God has a, well, spiritualized view and expression of gender. Not a lack of gender. He created both male and female in His image. I'm thinking that He could because He is both.

And I'm thinking that each individual has a masculine and feminine side too, in correspondence to our Creator.

For Spirit gives birth to spirit and flesh gives birth to flesh.

JLB

Back