Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Shekinah - The female side of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
if its the church then how can john be talking to himself? or the church? think about it. the idea of the bride and bridegroom and parables is from the jewish wedding. if one wear to take the idea of the phases of a marriage and compare to the walk of the saved person it would take any fear from you.

if its the church then how can john be talking to himself? or the church? think about it. the idea of the bride and bridegroom and parables is from the jewish wedding. if one wear to take the idea of the phases of a marriage and compare to the walk of the saved person it would take any fear from you.

Do you have scripture of what you're in disagreement with.

look up the jewish weddings. and compare the statements of Christ.

the idea that jesus says he is looking for a bride without spot of blemish is directly from the chuppa tradition where the man inspects the future wife to see if she is worthy. he is even has an entourage and the best man announces the bridegroom.

there is also a week long feast. im picking the parts that are easily found in the gospel.

so now you get the idea. that is why I like looking the Hebrew thoughts. being that I do have pics of my grandparents weddiing under the chuppa. it makes it well real close.

to a jew, the faith isn't just some thing that we do, but something we all are. that I think is missing with the way Christianity is taught. it a culture and a family thing to the jew.

@jasoncran Matthew 22:14 For many are <SUP class=crossreference value='(R)'></SUP>called, but few are <SUP class=crossreference value='(S)'></SUP>chosen. The bride is the church, the few. born again christians/male and female.

if its the church then how can john be talking to himself? or the church? think about it. the idea of the bride and bridegroom and parables is from the jewish wedding.

Greetings Jason!

Some are asking if you would care to expand your thought here by giving Scripture so they (we) could follow it and see where the issue is.

If I understand what you're asking, we may resolve by knowing it is the Revelation of Jesus. It was given to John.

Sorry if I didn't rightly understand the thing you were speaking of and yes, the Jewish wedding is rich and deep in symbolism. To an amazing extent. I doubt there will ever be a time where one can say, "Well, I'm glad I studied that! Now that I'm done there, let me go on and ...."

Too much to know, books should be written about it. Hey, wait. There are books upon books written about it. But I still think that if I do understand the nature of what troubled you, the answer lies in knowing that it is the Revelation of Jesus, given to John that we read.

[Rev 1:1 NKJV] 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants--things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified [it] by His angel to His servant John,

most of my sources when I read them pointed to that position. I take it a bit further and view the rapture as a resurrection, and judgment.

of course, like I have been saying that new testament must have jewish thought to it , otherwise the jews who wrote it wouldn't be able to understand the things they wrote!

Back