Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should Christians Drink, At All ?

i do not drink, i don't have a problem stopping or anything, i just don't have a desire and i have always felt that for me, i did not want to cause anyone to stumble by drinking, that if i am with someone or out in public with people who do not know the Lord, it might cause them to stumble.
it's difficult though having made this choice as most of the people my age do drink and their lives sort of revolve around it.

I enjoy an occational small glass of red wine just before bed. I dunno, it's just relaxing.

Last year I ran a 10 mile race and did pretty good. My entry fee included a free beer, so I took it. I hadn't had a beer in many, many years, but after a long hard 10 mile run, that beer was very refreshing, not to mention the calories it replentished.

As has already been mentioned, I do not believe scripture states that consuming alcohol is a sin. Rather, getting drunk is the sin. As far as the 'feel good' that a glass of wine, or even a beer gives you, I don't think the little 'feel good' is a sin either. After all, when I run, I get what's called a 'runners high' and I'll tell ya, that runners high is a bigger feel good than any glass of wine could ever afford (I had a super awesome 11 mile run Saturday... Wow, talk about runners high!) ;)

As a disclaimer, if your an alcoholic or you just can't stop after one drink, then for you, it's better to never even play with the idea of a single drink. (I hope I don't have to apply this concep to running :lol )

I don't drink under any circumstances. Even when you tell yourself to drink only in moderation, there's still a risk that things could get out of hand. Better to avoid alcohol altogether right?

Shalom said:
I don't drink under any circumstances. Even when you tell yourself to drink only in moderation, there's still a risk that things could get out of hand. Better to avoid alcohol altogether right?
Well yes, if you can't resist the temptation. But if drinking in moderation doesn't lead to drunkeness to you, then there's no theological reason why not to drink.

My father in law is an alcoholic and drinks alot but seldom gets drunk. An alcoholic needs not to be drunk to be an alcoholic.

I drank to get high, I don't like getting drunk. even though I would over do it a lot. I hated hang overs, I also hated black outs, which I would get from time to time. My drinking would also open me up to drugs and strange women.

I whine, but I don't drink.

Actually I had a problem with it and had to stop. I did have a glass of champagne when the Phils won the world series two years ago, but that's been about it for me since 1991. To those who drink responsibly, have one for me. I actually miss the taste of beer and wine on occasion and have N/A and it does the job. I don't miss the buzz, the blackouts, the hangovers, the arrests at all.

Dude named Louis said:
I whine, but I don't drink.

Actually I had a problem with it and had to stop. I did have a glass of champagne when the Phils won the world series two years ago, but that's been about it for me since 1991. To those who drink responsibly, have one for me. I actually miss the taste of beer and wine on occasion and have N/A and it does the job. I don't miss the buzz, the blackouts, the hangovers, the arrests at all.
Every time I got locked up I was under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and I do not miss that.

Lewis W said:
[quote="Dude named Louis":9fzvz9pz]I whine, but I don't drink.

Every time I got locked up I was under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and I do not miss that.[/quote:9fzvz9pz]
I'm with ya Lewis (even though you spell your name wrong :D )

Dude named Louis said:
[quote="Lewis W":2q46hxsr][quote="Dude named Louis":2q46hxsr]I whine, but I don't drink.

Every time I got locked up I was under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and I do not miss that.[/quote:2q46hxsr]
I'm with ya Lewis (even though you spell your name wrong :D )[/quote:2q46hxsr]
Yeah I know, my first name is spelled like a last name. My name is Lewis Emerson Williams IV.

jasoncran said:
I think i shall came him, Spanky. That fits Lewis much better. :eyebrow
My whole family and the majority of my friends call me Spanky, even my mom and dad, and the aunt who gave me that nick name when I was a baby died 2 weeks ago.

Back