Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Should Christians pull guns on intruders?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

Dave Slayer

Should Christians pull guns on intruders? Is it Biblical?

Oh no you didn't!!! :) :naughty Pot stirrer!!

This christian would!! Am I not the protector of my family? What do you think Dave?

Yes Dave, I'm sure you have read the responses of others in some similar threads which is why you started this one. So what is your opinion? :study

caromurp said:
Yes Dave, I'm sure you have read the responses of others in some similar threads which is why you started this one. So what is your opinion? :study

I would give them the slayer slam! :lol

Dave Slayer said:
caromurp said:

Serioiusly Dave, here's a real life scenario for you.

It's 2a.m. you and your family are asleep when you hear the neighbors dog barking. You then hear glass breaking and more noise at the front of your house. Your wife and kids are asleep when you investigate only to find three grown men in your livingroom dressed in black and wearing masks. Think the slayer slam will help you then? What are their intentions? Could they be armed? What do they want? What does the bible say you should do Dave? They run at you......

GojuBrian said:
Dave Slayer said:
caromurp said:

Serioiusly Dave, here's a real life scenario for you.

It's 2a.m. you and your family are asleep when you hear the neighbors dog barking. You then hear glass breaking and more noise at the front of your house. Your wife and kids are asleep when you investigate only to find three grown men in your livingroom dressed in black and wearing masks. Think the slayer slam will help you then? What are their intentions? Could they be armed? What do they want? What does the bible say you should do Dave? They run at you......

Kill 'em kill 'em!

Dave Slayer said:
Would you marry me please? Pretty please?

And this is the consequence I have to face for not pulling my gun on the romantic intruder that have never seen a female species before ......

:biglaugh :lol ............. :couch

Tina said:
Dave Slayer said:
Would you marry me please? Pretty please?

And this is the consequence I have to face for not pulling my gun on the romantic intruder that have never seen a female species before ......

:biglaugh :lol ............. :couch

Is that a yes? :)

HEY!!! Get your head back on man!! We're talking about robberies and guns here!!! :screwloose

NEVER tell anyone that you "killed" an intruder. Say, "I shot to stop the threat, may I please have a lawyer, I need medical attention now."

GojuBrian said:
HEY!!! Get your head back on man!! We're talking about robberies and guns here!!!

Good point. Sorry Tina, I shall flirt with you no more in this thread. ;)

Sound Silence said:
Shoot to wound, not to kill.

I would hope I only wounded someone. But in a split second, you don't always have time to aim to wound only. Hard to say exactly what we would do having not been in such situations. I am sure it is very easy to say "I will only wound someone". If an intruder happens to be killed in the act of self defense, that is just the way it is. Not much you can do in a split seconds time.

Sound Silence said:
Shoot to wound, not to kill.

Wrond and wrong!! :crazy

You NEVER shoot to wound, you NEVER shoot to kill. You shoot to stop the threat, period.

Shooting to wound is quoted by people who don't shoot very much if any at all. I've seen people at the range that can't even hit the target at all from ten yards. Do you think someone will be able to put a bullet 450 thousanths or smaller in diameter through a handheld pistol in a particular spot on an aggressive assailant? Do some research, it's not a sniper rifle. :screwloose

:salute

Dave Slayer said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill[/url]

The Tueller Drill is a self-defense training exercise to prepare against a short-range knife attack when armed only with a holstered handgun.

One would think that a gun beats a knife every time. With superior weaponry, the fight should be easily won. But Sergeant Dennis Tueller, of the Salt Lake City, Utah Police Department, showed that it was not that simple.

A common test of handgun skill was to start with one’s hands at shoulder level with a holstered gun and place two shots on a target 7 yards (6.4 m) away within 1.5 seconds. Typically, those trained with handguns can complete the drill in 1.3–1.4 seconds, although some have managed the task in less than one second.

Tueller wondered how quickly an attacker with a knife could cover those same 21 feet (6.4 m). So he measured as volunteers raced to stab the target. He determined that it could be done in 1.5 seconds. These results were first published as an article in SWAT magazine in 1983 and in a police training video by the same title, “How Close is Too Close?â€Â[1]

A defender with a gun has a dilemma. If he shoots too early, he risks being charged with murder. If he waits until the attacker is definitely within striking range so there is no question about motives, he risks injury and even death. The Tueller experiments quantified a “danger zone†where an attacker presented a clear threat.[2]

The Tueller Drill combines both parts of the original experiments by Tueller. There are several ways it can be conducted:[3]

The “attacker†and shooter are positioned back-to-back. At the signal, the “attacker†sprints away from the shooter, and the shooter unholsters his gun and shoots at the target 21 feet (6.4 m) in front of him. The “attacker†stops as soon as the shot is fired. The shooter is successful only if his shot is good and if the runner did not cover 21 feet (6.4 m).
A more stressful arrangement is to have the “attacker†begin 21 feet (6.4 m) behind the shooter and run towards the shooter. The shooter is successful only if he was able take a good shot before he is tapped on the back by the “attackerâ€Â.
If the “shooter†is armed with only a training replica gun, a full-contact drill may be done with the “attacker†running towards the “shooter¬Â. In this variation, the “shooter†should practice side-stepping the attacker while he is drawing the gun.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back