Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about Demons

K stunna

I am really to getting to the point i "Despise" them, each and every one of them....because they cause so much trouble in the world and not to mention God.

I have a huge list of things do to demons that would make people who didnt know exist hate them with all their hearts but i would be typing all they but assuming you know, should you hate them or is it wrong to hate anything in general even if the are the accusers of God and the world as we know it?!?!?!?:bigfrown

big thanks to anyone who answers with things from the bible and sensible things....lol ;)

OMG IT TOOK SOOO LONG TO POST THIS!! RIGHT BEFORE I COULD POST IT AND PRESS SUBMIT MY INTERNET WENT OUT FOR LIKE 40 MIN!!! I KNOW WHO DID THIS TOO ^POST ABOVE^:D

Re: Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about De

Why hate demons when there are so many Yankee fans around?

Re: Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about De

Demons are the enemies of your God:lol
Elijah and the Prophets of Baal:thumbsup

God isn't worried about Demons.
Why should I concern myself?

I am really to getting to the point i "Despise" them, each and every one of them....because they cause so much trouble in the world and not to mention God.

I have a huge list of things do to demons that would make people who didnt know exist hate them with all their hearts but i would be typing all they but assuming you know, should you hate them or is it wrong to hate anything in general even if the are the accusers of God and the world as we know it?!?!?!?:bigfrown

big thanks to anyone who answers with things from the bible and sensible things....lol ;)[/COLOR][/SIZE]:D
I suggest that we hate and despise everything about demons. But it's interesting that we owe them the same 'love' that we owe our fellow man.

Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. (2 Peter 2:10-11 NIV1984)

'...even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”' (Jude 1:9 NIV1984)

From the example it seems we should not slander even (fallen?) celestial beings. I suppose slander is slander, even when we slander a 'hated' spiritual enemy.

On the other hand, we are not to resist an evil person, but we are to resist the devil. So we definitely don't owe demons that 'love'.

I guess this is a good example of the danger of trying to make an issue black or white. Like so many things, the truth is somewhere in between the extremes. But that seems to grate against our human propensity to only think that all truth can only be either black or white.

There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them.

C. S. Lewis The Screwtape Letters

Hatred is such a strong emotion. Can one hate anything that one doesn't have an "excessive and unhealthy interest" in?

Rather than spend time hating the demons, I think a better biblical case can be made to hate evil and evil deeds. There are plenty of texts that point us to hate the deeds of evil....

...as far as texts encouraging the hating of demons...I can't find any. :shrug

what is a demon? By your understanding of the term.

Hatred is such a strong emotion. Can one hate anything that one doesn't have an "excessive and unhealthy interest" in?

Rather than spend time hating the demons, I think a better biblical case can be made to hate evil and evil deeds. There are plenty of texts that point us to hate the deeds of evil....

...as far as texts encouraging the hating of demons...I can't find any. :shrug

But aren't Demons are considered "Pure Evil" and its kinda hard to forget about what they do to us cause demons are doing evil deeds to us 24/7......also to the other guy, i understand demons as the fallen angels who are ordered by their master Satan the mess with gods plans which involve us

Look, I'm not being funny, but I'm not christian; but always hear christians say Jesus loves everyone; so does that include demons as you guys seem to HATE them ??

No, demons aren't "pure evil"...they are exactly what you said...angels who are fallen and now serve Satan. Their deeds are evil and they tempt us to evil...but they are created beings just as we are. However, we have every advantage over them, no need to obsess over them.

Hatred is not a good thing...much better to concentrate on love, that is what we are commanded to do.

But aren't Demons are considered "Pure Evil" and its kinda hard too forget about what they do to us cause demons are doing evil deeds to us 24/7......also to the other guy, i understand demons as the fallen angels who are ordered by their master Satan the mess with gods plans which involve us

Sorry if I misunderstood, are you saying Satan is a "MASTER" and that he can Ruin "GODS PLANS" ?? As you can see I'm not a christian but I find it rather odd that you think of satan as some sort of god to the demons and that he can "mess with gods plans", as you say ?

As I'm not christian and don't want to get the wrong idea of your religion; but do you really believe that Satan is a Master and a type of king over demons and that he has POWER to "mess with gods plans ", as you say ?

Demons, in a lot of ways, are extensions of us. I think God allowed angels and man the option to fall to test our love for Him. I don't really hate them, being that they serve a purpose. We should deny out temptations, but the fact temptations or demons exist isn't so much a bad thing. I'm glad its possible for us to deny God's love and love in general, because then accepting His love wouldn't have much meaning. It would just be an inane thing.

Interesting responses, I see. Could we invite them to our dinner;)

James 4:7 - "Submit yourselves, then, to God.. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

The Bible tells us to resist the devil, not hate them. Obsessing over hatred of the devil and demons may actually distract us from the Love of God and resisting sins. When we strive to live our lifes holy and righteous before God, there's no reason for us to be focused on hating the devil which will have no legal rights to gain foothold and wreak havoc in our lives. Sometimes we tend to pick on and blame the devil for all problems. We give the devil too much "credit" for everything that goes wrong when there could be other root causes. That's just another cunning way for the devil to attract attention to itself and away from God.

Just like we hate sins but not the sinners, we should hate evil but not the devil.

James 4:7 - "Submit yourselves, then, to God.. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

The Bible tells us to resist the devil, not hate them. Obsessing over hatred of the devil and demons may actually distract us from the Love of God and resisting sins. When we strive to live our lifes holy and righteous before God, there's no reason for us to be focused on hating the devil which will have no legal rights to gain foothold and wreak havoc in our lives. Sometimes we tend to pick on and blame the devil for all problems. We give the devil too much "credit" for everything that goes wrong when there could be other root causes. That's just another cunning way for the devil to attract attention to itself and away from God.

Just like we hate sins but not the sinners, we should hate evil but not the devil.

Good post. A question. Does the devil/demos hate us?

Good post. A question. Does the devil/demos hate us?

1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Of course the devil hates believers. Why then would it prowl around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Because he's hungry for souls and wants to roast us like barbeque in the burning pits of hell .... :D

Back