Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about Demons

Re: Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about De

Are you new to this ? .. Do a simple biblegateway search and it shows up 82 mentions of demon(s) in the New Testament alone.

I'm not new to Christianity, I was brought up in a Christian home and've been attending Christian meetings from prayer, inquiry into the scriptures, prophetic ministry and the gospel since I was a child.

I didn't really phrase my initial question properly, I know there are references to the term 'demons' in a general sense of the powers of evil, but the belief in actual beings with which we might have interaction and the question of 'demon possession' which I believe some people refer to, I don't understand the basis.

Re: Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about De

Do not hate the devil! Do not love the devil.:nod
Yet most of us find it hard to forgive our fellow brothers and sisters:dunno:shrug:confused

1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

there are no scriptures that say to hate demons, but to only resist them so we ourselves will not be taken over by them. God has a place prepared for them that will be their demise as God has a place of glory prepared for us who have answered His call to Salvation. Demons are not something you want to mess around with that is why we are told to abstain from all appearance of evil.

I'm not new to Christianity, I was brought up in a Christian home and've been attending Christian meetings from prayer, inquiry into the scriptures, prophetic ministry and the gospel since I was a child.

I didn't really phrase my initial question properly, I know there are references to the term 'demons' in a general sense of the powers of evil, but the belief in actual beings with which we might have interaction and the question of 'demon possession' which I believe some people refer to, I don't understand the basis.
The basis is found throughout the NT, as was mentioned. Jesus had numerous encounters with them, these "unclean spirits" as they're often referred to in the Gospels.

Igloo said:
There is one passage that comes into mind in the Bible about this (if it hasn't been posted already) and that passage is: " <sup id="en-NIV1984-30665" class="versenum">8</sup> In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings. <sup id="en-NIV1984-30666" class="versenum">9</sup> But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, 'The Lord rebuke you!' " Jude 1:8-9.
That is what first came to mind as well. We should be aware that demons exist and that we might just encounter one one day, but we shouldn't give them any attention otherwise.

You have no idea how many demon possessed people I have personally met and have also witnessed first-hand deliverance (exorcism) of such people just like it says in the bible...... (Mark 1:26, Acts 8:7)

I have every reason to believe that they very much exist in the world today as they did during biblical times. In fact in my church, it is common to hear of that, we have a strong deliverance ministry that handles such people, but best of all, almost all of us are trained and equipped in the area of deliverance.

You have no idea how many demon possessed people I have personally met and have also witnessed first-hand deliverance (exorcism) of such people just like it says in the bible...... (Mark 1:26, Acts 8:7)

I have every reason to believe that they very much exist in the world today as they did during biblical times. In fact in my church, it is common to hear of that, we have a strong deliverance ministry that handles such people, but best of all, almost all of us are trained and equipped in the area of deliverance.

wow! We have a lot of things in common, your church and ours

Smith Wigglesworth's answer -

So the story goes, he awoke one night, and realized that the devil was in the room with him.

SO he said: "Oh - it's only you", rolled over and went back to sleep.

Actively HATING something that couldn't care LESS about you is rather a waste of time.

Re: Smith Wigglesworth's answer -

So the story goes, he awoke one night, and realized that the devil was in the room with him.

SO he said: "Oh - it's only you", rolled over and went back to sleep.

Actively HATING something that couldn't care LESS about you is rather a waste of time.

:thumbsup
My president had had a similar experience - where at night he had come out to check what was disturbing somewhere in the house, and getting to the place finally he saw one (or thereabout) of those demonic animals there: 'If I'd known you were the one disturbing I'd not have disturbed my sleep'.

That was the end - no more of such disturbance.

----
A thousand others would do a vigil that night, casting out demons and binding the devil

Well... here in Scotland, that would be unheard of. I've never come across anyone who is 'demon-possessed'. I've come across a few of people who Satan has clearly stirred up against the testimony, such as the occasional drunk who swears at me and abuses verbally when I preach in the street. That is simply the flesh in its pride, responding to the light of the gospel shining upon it and exposing its flaws.

In the history of the testimony, demon-possession seems to be an almost purely American phenomenon. The author T.S. Carron, in his excellent history of the testimony, describes persons having involuntary muscular spasms and falling to the ground as if possessed, upon hearing the gospel during the great American revival. He conjectures that some of these people may've been so deeply affected by the sudden conviction of their sinful state that they were 'undone', physically overcome by the dawning realisation. He also adds that many of these occurrences were indeed the work of the devil, operating to bring the revival into ridicule through these dramatic displays of 'demon possession'.

I'm afraid I'd still take the idea of 'demon possession' in this day and age with a pinch of salt.

Well... here in Scotland, that would be unheard of. I've never come across anyone who is 'demon-possessed'. I've come across a few of people who Satan has clearly stirred up against the testimony, such as the occasional drunk who swears at me and abuses verbally when I preach in the street. That is simply the flesh in its pride, responding to the light of the gospel shining upon it and exposing its flaws.

In the history of the testimony, demon-possession seems to be an almost purely American phenomenon. The author T.S. Carron, in his excellent history of the testimony, describes persons having involuntary muscular spasms and falling to the ground as if possessed, upon hearing the gospel during the great American revival. He conjectures that some of these people may've been so deeply affected by the sudden conviction of their sinful state that they were 'undone', physically overcome by the dawning realisation. He also adds that many of these occurrences were indeed the work of the devil, operating to bring the revival into ridicule through these dramatic displays of 'demon possession'.

I'm afraid I'd still take the idea of 'demon possession' in this day and age with a pinch of salt.

My family are not from America and they talk about these things happening in their country all the time, by the way im Haitian and over in Haiti "Voodoo" is a very popular thing which deals with Terrible "Satanic practices" which are known around the world and have gotten demons to posses people......

The people you gave examples of are people being influence by demons but a demon possession is on a whole other level, trust man i heard crazy stories of people being possessed in my country i dont doubt them at all

anyways, if demons possesed people in gods time what makes you think it will stop now near the "END OF DAYS" when Satan and frantic in getting more souls before his final day, i think your wrong in both instances of time and especially place cause possessions happen everywhere THE DEVIL DOES NOT DISCRIMATE HE HATES ALL OF US!!

My family are not from America and they talk about these things happening in their country all the time, by the way im Haitian and over in Haiti "Voodoo" is a very popular thing which deals with Terrible "Satanic practices" which are known around the world and have gotten demons to posses people......

The people you gave examples of are people being influence by demons but a demon possession is on a whole other level, trust man i heard crazy stories of people being possessed in my country i dont doubt them at all

anyways, if demons possesed people in gods time what makes you think it will stop now near the "END OF DAYS" when Satan and frantic in getting more souls before his final day, i think your wrong in both instances of time and especially place cause possessions happen everywhere THE DEVIL DOES NOT DISCRIMATE HE HATES ALL OF US!!

I see, voodoo. And am I right in thinking that in that part of the world, or elsewhere in the Caribbean, the idea of 'zombies' originates?

Well, that's true, the attacks of the Enemy are by no means diminishing in frequency or hatred, but he is a subtle foe. His methods may have changed from Biblical times until now. They've certainly changed substantially in the last two thousand years, switching from his initial outward attack on the Church to a subtle infiltration and attempt at the poisoning of it.

It is, however, beyond my knowledge to assert that the same phenomenon described in the Bible are not occurring today, but are explained away by medical science as a syndrome or a psychosis. All I know is that I have never witnessed nor heard of any form of 'demon possession' in Britain.

I've often wondered, are the senseless and unforeseen murdering sprees which various ordinary members of the British public have embarked on recent years the work of the demon-possessed? Popular thinking would have us believe the cause was frustration, depression, feelings of social isolation, extreme political leanings, insanity... but could it instead be attributed to the work of demons? Perhaps psychotic behaviour is demon possession.

What would you describe as the characteristic signs of possession?

Back