Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about Demons

Re: Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about De

James 4:7 - "Submit yourselves, then, to God.. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

The Bible tells us to resist the devil, not hate them. Obsessing over hatred of the devil and demons may actually distract us from the Love of God and resisting sins. When we strive to live our lifes holy and righteous before God, there's no reason for us to be focused on hating the devil which will have no legal rights to gain foothold and wreak havoc in our lives. Sometimes we tend to pick on and blame the devil for all problems. We give the devil too much "credit" for everything that goes wrong when there could be other root causes. That's just another cunning way for the devil to attract attention to itself and away from God.

Just like we hate sins but not the sinners, we should hate evil but not the devil.
Where do you people get these ridiculous notions?

Psalm 139:21
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee

Re: Should you "Hate" demons? I know its bad to hate a fellow human but what about De

1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Of course the devil hates believers. Why then would it prowl around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Because he's hungry for souls and wants to roast us like barbeque in the burning pits of hell .... :D

And I keep wondering why we shouldn't hate him back.:bigfrown

Let's obey God:)

I laughed when this came to my mind:

There is no midway between it: 'Once you don't hate someone you love him, and once you don't love someone you hate him'. Does this apply to the devil?:chin

Or do we neither hate nor love the devil

Where do you people get these ridiculous notions?

Psalm 139:21
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee

I can also provide many "love your enemies", "bless those who curse you" and "pray for those who persecute you" scriptures.

In Psalm 139, David referring to his enemies who were trying to kill him and were evidently hostile to God who were using the Lord's name for evil purposes, was affirming his loyalty to God by declaring that he "hated" the enemies. "Hatred" in the sense of rejection...

.... and he certainly wasn't talking about demons.

I can also provide many "love your enemies", "bless those who curse you" and "pray for those who persecute you" scriptures.

In Psalm 139, David referring to his enemies who were trying to kill him and were evidently hostile to God who were using the Lord's name for evil purposes, was affirming his loyalty to God by declaring that he "hated" the enemies. "Hatred" in the sense of rejection...

.... and he certainly wasn't talking about demons.
Do you have any idea what the force behind Dave's enemies was?

It takes a 'Christian' forum to have this degree of naval gazing .

Do you have any idea what the force behind Dave's enemies was?

I have no idea and will not speculate on what the Bible does not clearly define....

James 4:7 - "Submit yourselves, then, to God.. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

The Bible tells us to resist the devil, not hate them. Obsessing over hatred of the devil and demons may actually distract us from the Love of God and resisting sins. When we strive to live our lifes holy and righteous before God, there's no reason for us to be focused on hating the devil which will have no legal rights to gain foothold and wreak havoc in our lives. Sometimes we tend to pick on and blame the devil for all problems. We give the devil too much "credit" for everything that goes wrong when there could be other root causes. That's just another cunning way for the devil to attract attention to itself and away from God.

Just like we hate sins but not the sinners, we should hate evil but not the devil.

Thank you Tina, after reading what you said i came to that distinct realisation that the Demons and Satan want me to hate them and be distracting from God in addition i do believe that our god doesnt support "Hate" of any kind and what makes them an exception to the rule?

God Bless you, Tina and all that replied the positive things and to the Athiests on here wow...you will be on the path of righteousness soon seeing that your on i Christian/Catholic site, i hope you find that one person who will lead you to join us an God bless to you too lol

i shall have no pity nor sorrow for the devil when his judgment is passed.

he deserves it. god in his wisdom didnt offer him any chance of pentatence. so we shouldnt hate all that lifts its head against our lord?

eschewing evil does and should include the devil.

If we don't hate the devil...do we love him? Why are we avoiding this question?:bigfrown:toofunny
Or are we indifferent about him?
Brushoff:dunno:shrug:confused

im not for obsessing over him but really are we too witness to him. tell him that he needs jesus?:eeeekkk

we know his end and it aint in heaven its hell!

If we don't hate the devil...do we love him? Why are we avoiding this question?:bigfrown:toofunny
Or are we indifferent about him?
Brushoff:dunno:shrug:confused

Unless you can convince me that the devil is worth getting any attention and love from you with the ultimate goal of getting saved and being rescued from hell, I don't see why we should waste time loving the devil...

:onfire :devil

im not for obsessing over him but really are we too witness to him. tell him that he needs jesus?:eeeekkk

we know his end and it aint in heaven its hell!

He wouldn't listen.:lol

Unless you can convince me that the devil is worth getting any attention and love from you with the ultimate goal of getting saved and being rescued from hell, I don't see why we should waste time loving the devil...

:onfire :devil

:lol
Which reminds me of the Holy Ghost fire churches

While I would love to know the full answer to this question from God, I simply don't waste too much time on it. God did say love your enemies. Satan was once an angel of light, created by God, and therefore I would think he would have the capacity still to understand good and what he is doing wrong. If we hate him and therefore spend some of our time talking smack to him and etc, what good is that accomplishing? Does that make us any better than him? Is not his punishment already set in stone by God and therefore us trying to punish him might fall into the category of stepping on God's toes? I don't know. There is one passage that comes into mind in the Bible about this (if it hasn't been posted already) and that passage is: " <SUP id=en-NIV1984-30665 class=versenum>8</SUP> In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings. <SUP id=en-NIV1984-30666 class=versenum>9</SUP> But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, 'The Lord rebuke you!' " Jude 1:8-9.

Also, I don't recall offhand Jesus ever making a snarky remark to the devil in the Gospels. I think we need to be careful also that we don't misplace our anger from other things in life and aim it at the devil blaming him for everything, because some things have been humanity's choices to do wrong.

So overall, I simply would say that there are better things to do with my time. The more I focus on the devil, the more he has a timeshare in my mind. I'm not saying he doesn't need to be driven out of particular places, because he does, as even Jesus drove out the demons, but the topic of demons needs to have a proper place in our lives.

Igloo, that is a great post! Very well said! :thumbsup

Now, this is interesting, because I've never 'got' all this talk about demons. As far as I'm concerned, there is one Satan, the great arch-deceiver, who works to destroy, the Adversary and the Enemy. Where do the demons come in?

"Put on the panoply of God, that ye may be able to stand against the artifices of the devil: because our struggle is not against blood and flesh, but against principalities, against authorities, against the universal lords of this darkness, against spiritual power of wickedness in the heavenlies." - Ephesians 6 v 11-12 (J.N.D.)

I know of Satan and those he unwittingly presses into his service, men who are entrapped by him. As far as I can make out, the only mention of demons in Scripture are in the old testament, for example, those that occupied Legion.

Are there demons today, and if so, how do they manifest themselves?

As far as I can make out, the only mention of demons in Scripture are in the old testament, for example, those that occupied Legion.

Are you new to this ? .. Do a simple biblegateway search and it shows up 82 mentions of demon(s) in the New Testament alone.

Back