Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Shouldn’t we embrace Arminianism?

Michellay

Isn’t anything opposed to this a false doctrine. What I’m seeing is that people against Arminianism are saying that some are destined to hell. Hahahaha! What a joke right? Can you imagine that we believed in what Jesus did for us and then we get casted into hell because God hated us before we were born lol.
Some joker on YouTube is trying to say that I misinterpret John 3:16 and that I’m of the tares. I told them I can laugh at them blindfolded and that I’m so upity and confident that I am saved.

Isn’t anything opposed to this a false doctrine. What I’m seeing is that people against Arminianism are saying that some are destined to hell. Hahahaha! What a joke right? Can you imagine that we believed in what Jesus did for us and then we get casted into hell because God hated us before we were born lol.
Some joker on YouTube is trying to say that I misinterpret John 3:16 and that I’m of the tares. I told them I can laugh at them blindfolded and that I’m so upity and confident that I am saved.
That's not what my church ,a reformed one says.

Neither Calvinism nor Armenian theologies are correct.
That's what Jesus said and I believe him.

I've posted what Jesus said so many times about this topic and get ignored every time...and people don't understand the answer because they ask all the wrong questions.

But whatever...

Neither Calvinism nor Armenian theologies are correct.
That's what Jesus said and I believe him.

I've posted what Jesus said so many times about this topic and get ignored every time...and people don't understand the answer because they ask all the wrong questions.

But whatever...
Perhaps the clear definition of Armenianism should be described here. I don’t know lol. All I know is that some looney toon on YouTube is calling me a heretic lol and preaching a false gospel saying that I preach this Armenianism which basically tells me that he’s a looney toon lol. I told him that God is not the author of confusion but he continued to accuse me and preach confusion. I know that I don’t preach a false doctrine so I guess I’m neither embracing Armenianism or Calvinism I don’t know lol?

Perhaps the clear definition of Armenianism should be described here. I don’t know lol. All I know is that some looney toon on YouTube is calling me a heretic lol and preaching a false gospel saying that I preach this Armenianism which basically tells me that he’s a looney toon lol. I told him that God is not the author of confusion but he continued to accuse me a preach confusion. I know that I don’t preach a false doctrine so I guess I’m neither embracing Armenianism or Calvinism I don’t know lol?
Exactly...

You need to understand the story about "The Man Born Blind" in the Gospel of John.
Understand Peter's question (and underlying theological positions) that started the lesson by Jesus. And understand what happened afterwards...and why.

And that story parallels the two positions of Calvinism and Armenian theologies. Jesus' answer of "neither" is telling that neither side is correct.

We don't argue here.
We don't harass.
We don't label anyone at anytime with anything...ever.

For me the question is which views honour God most.
Is God honoured by mankind decideding to accept him or reject him .
Or
Is God honoured by him being in control.

Exactly...

You need to understand the story about "The Man Born Blind" in the Gospel of John.
Understand Peter's question (and underlying theological positions) that started the lesson by Jesus. And understand what happened afterwards...and why.

And that story parallels the two positions of Calvinism and Armenian theologies. Jesus' answer of "neither" is telling that neither side is correct.

We don't argue here.
We don't harass.
We don't label anyone at anytime with anything...ever.
Not sure how to make correlation between the story of the man born blind and Armenianism and Calvinism.

The person is not from this site, but from YouTube and is basically condemning me. I know that this site is built on the basis of the true gospel and doesn’t preach that God created some for the purpose of His hate.

This person believes that before some people were born that God already decided that they will perish because they were created for destruction and that they have no choice and can’t change that by receiving the free gift of salvation.

I’m still not clear what Armenianism is though. I’ve done searches on it and I can’t get passed the first three paragraphs lol because it seems to be a bunch of repetitiveness that never gets to the point.

So I’m wondering what is it exactly?

For me the question is which views honour God most.
Is God honoured by mankind decideding to accept him or reject him .
Or
Is God honoured by him being in control.

I would say both. God is in control because He creates the condition of how to be saved and people have the free will to decide to accept or reject that condition.

Arminism ,in short.

Believes man upon seeing the revelation of God can choose to reject God
Denies eternal security,believes in atonement for all who believe .
Free will.

Arminism ,in short.

Believes man upon seeing the revelation of God can choose to reject God
Denies eternal security,believes in atonement for all who believe .
Free will.

maybe I’m misunderstanding, but what you described seems like fair game to me. How could atonement for all who believe be wrong?All that are presented with the gospel have the choice of accepting or rejecting it. Free will right?

maybe I’m misunderstanding, but what you described seems like fair game to me. How could atonement for all who believe be wrong?All that are presented with the gospel have the choice of accepting or rejecting it. Free will right?
But it also means you can lose and gain back salvation during the time it takes to cross the street...

But really we don't discuss this topic because of the arguments it creates.

And the fact that it sucks ALL the oxygen out if the whole forum to where nothing else is discussed.

We have plenty of other things to talk about.

And you need to do more studying on the topic than what 15 minutes of Google can do for you.

But it also means you can lose and gain back salvation during the time it takes to cross the street...

And the fact that it sucks ALL the oxygen out if the whole forum to where nothing else is discussed.

And you need to do more studying on the topic than what 15 minutes of Google can do for you.
I don’t believe salvation can be lost. 15 minutes lol? I’ve been searching for something that doesn’t confuse me for about 90 minutes lol.

That's Arminism,
You,are saying the reformed are wrong .

On the statement of babies,it depends on the reformed church,I attend the oldest denomination of those in the u.s. they don't take that position.

But this is not a simple study as each side ,as I do poke at the reformed and they me ,will defend it with at length ,its a long study to know about .honestly I'm in between

But you pretty much cleared it up. Th
That's Arminism,
You,are saying the reformed are wrong .

On the statement of babies,it depends on the reformed church,I attend the oldest denomination of those in the u.s. they don't take that position.

But this is not a simple study as each side ,as I do poke at the reformed and they me ,will defend it with at length ,its a long study to know about .honestly I'm in between

So I’m probably not saved then lol and I can kiss eternal security goodbye lol. Might as well just go back to living in sin because my final destination is going to be eternal damnation anyway lol.

I don’t believe salvation can be lost. 15 minutes lol? I’ve been searching for something that doesn’t confuse me for about 90 minutes lol.
Then you are a reformed or a one pointer ,eternal security but allow free will, yet well without getting the problems of that ..

I,like the reformed here as they tend to the most solid ,the are a lot of pop up churches here and when its over with covid some might not be .

But you pretty much cleared it up. Th

So I’m probably not saved then lol and I can kiss eternal security goodbye lol. Might as well just go back to living in sin because my final destination is going to be eternal damnation anyway lol.
I nor my elders take that position, ,I don't hid my bias in church .its not a,requirement.

My,brother is a,one pointer ,and yet I have called him,out on that as he is hard on the 5 pointers ,of which ,I'm not ,my pastor friended him on social media.lol.

Pastor is very reformed .

Not sure how to make correlation between the story of the man born blind and Armenianism and Calvinism.

The person is not from this site, but from YouTube and is basically condemning me. I know that this site is built on the basis of the true gospel and doesn’t preach that God created some for the purpose of His hate.

This person believes that before some people were born that God already decided that they will perish because they were created for destruction and that they have no choice and can’t change that by receiving the free gift of salvation.

I’m still not clear what Armenianism is though. I’ve done searches on it and I can’t get passed the first three paragraphs lol because it seems to be a bunch of repetitiveness that never gets to the point.

So I’m wondering what is it exactly?
Michelina....
The person you're listening to on YouTube is of the reformed faith.
How do you get to talk to him anyway??

The reformed believe that God predestined everything that was to happen for all time.
They are also called Calvinists after John Calvin who popularized this idea.
The man Arminius, with whom I'm not familiar, had a lot of the same ideas as John Calvin.
Why we are referred to as Arminians I do not understand.

However, what Calvinists believe is called the T.U.L.I.P. for short:

T TOTAL DEPRAVITY. Man is so depraved he cannot come to God. God must make him do so.

U UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION. God chooses who will be lost and who will be saved....based on no condition..IOW,,,based on nothing at all.

L LIMITED ATONEMENT. Jesus did not die for the whole world, but only for those that God chooses to save.

I IRRESISTIBLE GRACE. God's grace cannot be resisted...If God wants you, He'll get you..IOW, you have no free will.

P PERSEVERANCE OF THE SAINTS. The saints are those that God has chosen and they cannot lose their salvation.

I agree with you. I believe the reformed faith does not make logical sense.
What I learn from the bible is that God loves His creation.
God wishes that all could be saved.
Those that believe in God and the sacrifice of Jesus WILL be saved.

This is a big topic and cannot be handled in a few posts...but you're on the right track.

Yes,,, you're right.
jasonc is of the reformed faith.
The faith that is being spoken of in the YouTube you're listening to.

The reformed have their reasons for believing what they do....
One could agree with them or not.

If you read the N.T. and come away with the beliefs you have...
then those are the ones you should stick to...I believe you've correctly
understood the bible.

As to loss of salvation...this is an important topic but for some reason this
forum does not allow discussion of it.

It's not so easy to lose salvation.
If you feel the need to discuss this,,,you should to to the sub-forum called
THEOLOGICAL DISCUSSION GROUP
You need permission to gain access....
Tell JLB that I sent you and then we could discuss it there.

Back