Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Shouldn’t we embrace Arminianism?

Jason,,,I like what you said about your church...
but it's a reformed church....you do know what that means, right?
But must go.
Tomorrow.
My,pastor nor the elders require you simply be or become Calvinist .I had this discussion at the first meeting .they simply will,allow debate on these topics .

Here let me post sheol.I was asked to partake .

I wanted that to be simple one as we covered much and just a tidbit to get one to think

Right.
They just believe God is.
As much as I hate stereotypes ..they say the Arminism position is that God is too,small ,unable to keep His ,that he can't see the future.also false but I have seen posters here say some of that .

Also ,to the arminist,one can't ignore that God choose to love Israel.He says there is nothing special,nothing no,good about is real.looking at is real,how wicked they were ,its amazing He did.yet what about the gentiles?He lets them wallow ,be ruled by Satan for centuries.

Until the cross ,that was the fact.

No,that's not true.I have listened to them before .try

R.c. sproul,john piper .
Oh dear Jason.
I'm very familiar with Mr. John Piper
and R.C. Sproul.

You're soooooo reformed !
But I love you anyway.
If that's what you believe, that's what you believe.

When I hear ,fellowship with the Reformed ,I hear gratitude that God choose them,concern for the lost,praise for the merciful hand Of God.

As much as I hate stereotypes ..they say the Arminism position is that God is too,small ,unable to keep His ,that he can't see the future.also false but I have seen posters here say some of that .
Calvin was a man.
Arminius was a man.
I like Jesus and I don't care to learn from men that get their very own understanding from the bible.

If God MUST CHOOSE some to love Him....
I'd say THAT is a small God.

A great and sovereign God is not afraid of free will in His creatures.
He desires TRUE LOVE and not love that is programmed from Him.

1:33 a.m. here Jason.
And I really hate to debate this with you.

Oh dear Jason.
I'm very familiar with Mr. John Piper
and R.C. Sproul.

You're soooooo reformed !
But I love you anyway.
If that's what you believe, that's what you believe.
I'm not .

I don't buy enternal security,nor the limited or no will .limited atonement.but I do listen and ponder contra arguments .

When I hear ,fellowship with the Reformed ,I hear gratitude that God choose them,concern for the lost,praise for the merciful hand Of God.
How is God merciful if He banishes some to hell through no fault of their own and without giving them a chance to be saved?

You're not going to leave your church...so this discussion is null and void.

I'm not .

I don't buy enternal security,nor the limited or no will .limited atonement.but I do listen and ponder contra arguments .
So you're a 3 point Calvinist.
How could you go to a church you don't agree with?

I left the Catholic church because I couldn't agree with some of its big doctrine.
Should I just have kept going and made believe I agreed?

How do you figure Jesus died for the whole world if it's God picking who will be saved?
It then would make sense that Jesus died ONLY for those that get saved...why should He have died for those that do NOT get saved?

And as to eternal security...
If God chose you...why would He not make you be eternally secure?

See...it makes no sense.

Calvin was a man.
Arminius was a man.
I like Jesus and I don't care to learn from men that get their very own understanding from the bible.

If God MUST CHOOSE some to love Him....
I'd say THAT is a small God.

A great and sovereign God is not afraid of free will in His creatures.
He desires TRUE LOVE and not love that is programmed from Him.

1:33 a.m. here Jason.
And I really hate to debate this with you.
He choose.

god choose not to forgive Satan nor his angels whom,also have free will.

You read in assumed bias,try to actually see what it says.not that I don't.

Love implies a decision ,God being the creator has the option to reject ,he decided to forgive ,you assume that he had too.

See the statement of the unforgivable sin.

He choose.

god choose not to forgive Satan nor his angels whom,also have free will.

You read in assumed bias,try to actually see what it says.not that I don't.

Love implies a decision ,God being the creator has the option to reject ,he decided to forgive ,you assume that he had too.

See the statement of the unforgivable sin.
Satan does not have free will. He cannot do moral good.
Angels also....you mean that they HAD free will....OK.

I don't read in any bias.
We could continue tomorrow if you wish.
I really have to go now.

Do you agree with this?

By predestination we mean the eternal decree of God, by which he determined with himself whatever he wished to happen with regard to every man. All are not created on equal terms, but some are preordained to eternal life, others to eternal damnation; and, accordingly, as each has been created for one or other of these ends, we say that he has been predestinated to life or to death.

source: The Institutes 3.21.5

So you're a 3 point Calvinist.
How could you go to a church you don't agree with?

I left the Catholic church because I couldn't agree with some of its big doctrine.
Should I just have kept going and made believe I agreed?

How do you figure Jesus died for the whole world if it's God picking who will be saved?
It then would make sense that Jesus died ONLY for those that get saved...why should He have died for those that do NOT get saved?

And as to eternal security...
If God chose you...why would He not make you be eternally secure?

See...it makes no sense.
You don't attend church ,no church ,not even this forum,has unison in doctrine .

So because you post here.does that make you

These are not divisive points as either because of Work ,I don't go at all.or I quit and before covif attend the church I know well that is very Pentecostal and Arminism and also led by a female pastor .

By finding a church that agrees with your views on everything ,that becomes a cult ,you,lead ,and force it or its a demonation of that nature .these exist ,we call them sda,rcc,orthodox ,

I refuse that type of rigidity .my pastor is Anil.his right hand man is premium,pre trib,and I'm amil,and classic church teaching on that as mentioned by the a.n.e.

In that video ,Melissa is also pre trib .I asked these things . my pastor has his leanings ,yet wants us to know the bible and to research it.we have an elder who is reformed and has much to say about church history .he was saved in the Methodist view of Wesley who taught you can be sinless ,today .yes Methodism then was that .Adam Clarke mentioned it,

Back