Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Signs of the times.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm not Catholic ,but its disengious to state you are only human when you are cognizant ,aware ,and alert ,

that can be applied to those elderly or any. who have dementia and also autism or a type of mental incapiticity .

It's "disingenuous" (if that's what you mean)... also "incapacity"...

Help me understand your point.
laws that Christ would agree with .that means the state would marry ,not the church .all bit Christianity would be banned

aldaltery ,fornication a crime ,and also other things that God won't tolerate .

I agree we shouldn't do that but well isreal had laws on that and Christ still came .legislating morality doesnt work .I'm not arguing for anarchy but until recently sodomy was a crime in the military and yes it was enforced and yet the definition of sodomy in the ucmj then wasnt just homosexual acts.if they truly enforced it fully instead of politically,we wouldn't have any military its a common rite of passage to be an adulterer and or fornicator.

seen the favoritism on adultery,it makes the chain look bad it goes away .the wrong guy gets caught he gets 30 days,usually some lower enlisted .its unenforceable .

laws that Christ would agree with .that means the state would marry ,not the church .all bit Christianity would be banned

The state would marry and not the Church?:confused

Are you saying Christ would agree with this?

JLB

aldaltery ,fornication a crime ,and also other things that God won't tolerate .

I agree we shouldn't do that but well isreal had laws on that and Christ still came .legislating morality doesnt work .I'm not arguing for anarchy but until recently sodomy was a crime in the military and yes it was enforced and yet the definition of sodomy in the ucmj then wasnt just homosexual acts.if they truly enforced it fully instead of politically,we wouldn't have any military its a common rite of passage to be an adulterer and or fornicator.

seen the favoritism on adultery,it makes the chain look bad it goes away .the wrong guy gets caught he gets 30 days,usually some lower enlisted .its unenforceable .

In your opinion, do you believe President Trump made America better for Americans?

1. Yes Better
2. No Worse

JLB

In your opinion, do you believe President Trump made America better for Americans?

1. Yes Better
2. No Worse

JLB
should trump override state federal min wages such as floridas 15 dollar one passed this year .
shoUld trump became president for life ,look he couldn't even clean house in 4 years ,supporters of him wanted that 2 grand stimulus and to cancel student debt ,no not all but they are around .
that's well a,leftist thing ,should trump then override state governors on covid mandates ?

The state would marry and not the Church?:confused

Are you saying Christ would agree with this?

JLB
you imply by laws .

gay marriage banned like that would stop the divorces the poor marriages .should the stare approve your marriage or not because a license is not a right but a privilege

we don't have licenses to speak our minds ,give speeches or protest and yes I know of permits,those are for police coordination of parking ,and also to direct traffic .

that's my point ,the founders didn't have to file with their states ,nor anyone who was married ,it was the church who did that .

he was hardly pro 2a.

bump stock ban ,as useless as those are yup he supported it ,

I believe if I so incline ,I should have a fully auto ,until 1968,I could own a ma deuce. bar etc . the atf under trump banned assault weapons by use of vague wording near the end of his term

I didn't vote for trump,at all.I,have resigned my self to being ruled as neither party cares .the duopoly won't get much voting from me .

Yes, and this is the America that President Trump and so many others were working on by bringing back our economy and putting America first. IOW restoring America to its roots, when America set the standard for the rest of the world.

Dad went to work and mom stayed home and a strong family unit built upon Christian values.

This is what we must return to if we are to see America become great again.

A return to Christ Jesus and His kingdom, with righteous leaders and laws that are implemented in our schools.

JLB
I don’t know that we can go back, but we can certainly build off the principals of our founding Fathers. I say we can’t go back because our country was very much shaped by its circumstance, much like many other nations including Israel. Many times in scripture God commands Israel to remember her past, and not treat the alien in their land the way they were once treated. They are to remember how God led them out of bondage, they are to remember how when they broke covenant, God took them back.

While I can say with a clean conscience that I voted for Trump and I can say that he did some amazing things, I don’t think I would go as far as calling him a righteous leader in biblical terms. Gods righteousness is always bound in mercy. I don’t know that Trump understands this, but I saw very little Godly righteousness with Trump. Self righteousness, yes. But not Godly righteousness.

Did God use Trump? Unequivocally I say yes, absolutely. The Church was given a spark of hope. We had a four year reprieve from attack and persecution. New hope was stirred with Roe vs Wade and our economy grew like never before.

But here are the facts, and my prediction. Trump will never become president again and he will loose his fortune as he gets tied up in legal battle after legal battle for many years to come. While Trump did many great things, he was also his own worst enemy. Words matter and many of the things he said will overshadow the things he did.

For me, it’s time to look past Trump and look directly to God. We must use that spark to continue to push forward because I believe God gives the Church just what she needs to grow and fulfill her purpose. Like Lots wife, we don’t look back to sinful man. Instead, we look forward to where God is leading us to.

For me, it’s time to look past Trump to God

Of course, and is true with any man.

We look to God who raises up the man who will establish the principles and laws of God.

Moses
Joshua
Abraham
David
Deborah
Jeremiah

Washington
Lincoln
Reagan
Trump

God desires to bless nations and turn them to Himself, through Men and Women He can use to establish His ways in a nation.

Here is a word that I believe sums it up well.

JLB

Of course, and is true with any man.

We look to God who raises up the man who will establish the principles and laws of God.

Moses
Joshua
Abraham
David
Deborah
Jeremiah

Washington
Lincoln
Reagan
Trump

God desires to bless nations and turn them to Himself, through Men and Women He can use to establish His ways in a nation.

Here is a word that I believe sums it up well.

JLB
That was a good video.
Throughout recorded history, every Empire God has raised up has fell. Egypt fell, Syria fell, Babylonia fell, Israel fell, Rome fell and America will fall.

I believe we are witnessing Gods hand as judgment comes upon America and our nation falls. Our nation is divided like no other time in American history. The divides are deep and sin continues to tear away at the very fabric of our culture. I believe I will see the collapse of our nation in my lifetime. If not my lifetime, then my children’s lifetime if our nation fails to repent, although I fear we are past that and judgment is already being imposed. There is no turning back. No man will save us. No man will lead us to salvation or our country to restoration.

All things work to the good for those who love God. Revisit Laminations within the context of Israel’s fall. As our nation falls, will we have the spirit of Jeremiah? Are we able to see the Good God has planned for His children for the generations to come? Surely we can see Gods glorious plan through exile.

God doesn’t need America. What God needs is a body that represents Him as a great nation without boarders. We, the true Church are His body. We are the Elect and our faith is firm in Him who has firmly equipped us for His good works.

That was a good video.
Throughout recorded history, every Empire God has raised up has fell. Egypt fell, Syria fell, Babylonia fell, Israel fell, Rome fell and America will fall.

I believe we are witnessing Gods hand as judgment comes upon America and our nation falls. Our nation is divided like no other time in American history. The divides are deep and sin continues to tear away at the very fabric of our culture. I believe I will see the collapse of our nation in my lifetime. If not my lifetime, then my children’s lifetime if our nation fails to repent, although I fear we are past that and judgment is already being imposed. There is no turning back. No man will save us. No man will lead us to salvation or our country to restoration.

All things work to the good for those who love God. Revisit Laminations within the context of Israel’s fall. As our nation falls, will we have the spirit of Jeremiah? Are we able to see the Good God has planned for His children for the generations to come? Surely we can see Gods glorious plan through exile.

God doesn’t need America. What God needs is a body that represents Him as a great nation without boarders. We, the true Church are His body. We are the Elect and our faith is firm in Him who has firmly equipped us for His good works.

Light can never be united with darkness.

Truth can not be united with deception and lies.

Good can never be united with evil.

The work of divine order involves separating and dividing light from darkness. I believe God desires us to call evil, evil.

Many on the left, especially the MSM, are calling evil, good, and good evil. Now we see Pelosi and the left making laws that forbid the use of gender pronouns. Allowing male athletes to participate in female sports.

God has exposed the great corruption in this nation, through President Trump and his administration with the America First Agenda, as well as defunding Planned Parenthood. This is why the left and MSM hate him so much. President Trump was a wrecking ball to much of their ungodly agenda.

I think one thing we can all agree on is, we as Christians want a President who believes and confesses Jesus Christ as Lord.

A President who prays for our nation and honors those who fear the Lord.

JLB

Last edited:
Perhaps. I have had some very vivid dreams that I believe were visions. So I do believe God still speaks to us through dreams.
I Agree
God gives us visions and dreams. Some are prophetic, others guidance, answers and even warnings. I believe He will do this to the end. God also sends Angel's to us in the firm of men and often when we are going about our daily life.

In my theological view, light represents Gods hand in the world. It also shows the good works of humanity. Every human has that Devine spark since God breathed into Adam and made him a living soul.
In contrast, darknesses is the absence of Gods good works and for the Christian who has received Gods living breath aka Holy Spirit, it is the lack of repentance and obedience. So while the two can never be United, we do see them both at work in our own members. Paul draws this out in Romans 7.
Yet he calls each of us out of a life of deception and lies.

The work of divine order involves separating and dividing light from darkness. I believe God desires us to call evil, evil.
Yes, wherever evil is reigning. This can be within our very own members aka our flesh .(Romans 7) or the members of others. We all sin, so when Trump sins, we continue to call evil evil in the same way we call our own evil deeds evil. How can one repent if they call their evil deeds good?

Many on the left, especially the MSM, are calling evil, good, and good evil. Now we see Pelosi and the left making laws that forbid the use of gender pronouns. Allowing male athletes to participate in female sports.
Yes, these things without question are evil.

God has exposed the great corruption in this nation, through President Trump and his administration with the America First Agenda, as well as defunding Planned Parenthood. This is why the left and MSM hate him so much. President Trump was a wrecking ball to much of their ungodly agenda.
And this hatred from the comes as a surprise? John 15:18-25

I think one thing we can all agree on is, we as Christians want a President who believes and confesses Jesus Christ as Lord.
While I understand your sentiment, and agree with your sentiment I would much rather have a president that shut his mouth and lived out his faith. Had Trump kept his mouth shut, he would have easily won a second term. And no, I do not believe the election was stolen from him. He lacks wisdom and discernment and talks before he thinks about the repercussions of his words. His tongue exposed his fleshly desires. He has not learned how to operate in the spirit. When he was persecuted, he did not bless. Instead, he returned evil for evil and by doing so, his good works were overshadowed. Ohh how the tongue can bring words of death when it’s Gods desire that they bring words of life.

President Biden professes that Christ is his savior, and so does Pelosi. We know them by their fruit.
Amen, and I pray our nation is not so far gone that repentance cannot be had.

Good can never be united with evil.

JLB

trump was/is a disaster. We are a nation governed by laws, starting with the Constitution. trump was/is a lawbreaker many times over, culminating in his inciting violent people to invade the US Capitol while the electoral college votes were being certified. His own Vice President was presiding while trump's people were intent on killing him (and anyone else they could find). I also believe God desires us to call evil, evil. In this case, the evil is obvious. trump did everything he could to overthrow the results of the (fair) election, including pressuring the Georgia to "find" 11,780 votes.

One point of importance: Planned Parenthood doesn't receive any Federal money for abortions. To say otherwise is a total lie.

You wrote that one thing we can all agree on is, we as Christians want a President who believes and confesses Jesus Christ as Lord, a President who prays for our nation and honors those who fear the Lord. That describes President Joe Biden perfectly.

trump was/is a disaster. We are a nation governed by laws, starting with the Constitution. trump was/is a lawbreaker many times over, culminating in his inciting violent people to invade the US Capitol while the electoral college votes were being certified. His own Vice President was presiding while trump's people were intent on killing him (and anyone else they could find). I also believe God desires us to call evil, evil. In this case, the evil is obvious. trump did everything he could to overthrow the results of the (fair) election, including pressuring the Georgia to "find" 11,780 votes.

One point of importance: Planned Parenthood doesn't receive any Federal money for abortions. To say otherwise is a total lie.

You wrote that one thing we can all agree on is, we as Christians want a President who believes and confesses Jesus Christ as Lord, a President who prays for our nation and honors those who fear the Lord. That describes President Joe Biden perfectly.
Jaybo,
While there was much to be desired about Trump as a person, we must learn to give credit where credit is due. Trump was a great president in many ways and it would be a shame to call the good he did evil. We speak clearly of his evil deeds and words, but we can also speak clearly of the good he has done, especially for Christianity.

While I pray for Joe Biden and see many good things he has done as a public servant, especially health care, I don’t see him upholding many core Biblical teachings when it comes to the sanctity of life or marriage. We can tell much about a person by who he surrounds himself with. If this is true, then who Trump surrounded himself with shows just as much about his character as who Joe Biden surrounds himself with.

We now have a Vice President who calls abortion healthcare and a transgender dr heading up the chair on national healthcare. These are two examples that shows us the heart of Joe Biden. Neither of these views are accepted within Orthodox Christian doctrines.

How does Joe Biden honor the Church who fears the Lord by supporting the murder of millions of children and the advocation and advancement of sexual perversion?

Jaybo,
While there was much to be desired about Trump as a person, we must learn to give credit where credit is due. Trump was a great president in many ways and it would be a shame to call the good he did evil. We speak clearly of his evil deeds and words, but we can also speak clearly of the good he has done, especially for Christianity.

While I pray for Joe Biden and see many good things he has done as a public servant, especially health care, I don’t see him upholding many core Biblical teachings when it comes to the sanctity of life or marriage. We can tell much about a person by who he surrounds himself with. If this is true, then who Trump surrounded himself with shows just as much about his character as who Joe Biden surrounds himself with.

We now have a Vice President who calls abortion healthcare and a transgender dr heading up the chair on national healthcare. These are two examples that shows us the heart of Joe Biden. Neither of these views are accepted within Orthodox Christian doctrines.

How does Joe Biden honor the Church who fears the Lord by supporting the murder of millions of children and the advocation and advancement of sexual perversion?
Are you unable to understand freedom? I suggest that you read the First Amendment...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

While there are those who disagree with Christianity they have the Constitutional right to express their opinions, The President is sworn to uphold the Constitution and the other laws of the United States whether or not they are in agreement with Christianity or not. It is unfortunate that you don't understand the freedoms that we have in this country and/or the duties of the President and Vice President to uphold the laws of this country. One of the main principles is that all citizens have their rights, including freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

Neither President Joe Biden nor Vice President Kamal Harris supports "the murder of millions of children and the advocation and advancement of sexual perversion". If you have any actual proof of either of these then post it; if not then your statement is obviously false.

Back