Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

So I quit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
P

poetofparables

So the truth is, that I was terribly wounded by sin. I came to God looking for help, I mean I was desperate to the point of madness. So I found christianity, and at first everything seemed it was going to be ok. But soon enough almost every christian I met began to pour salt in my wounds. but I didnt give up on my faith because of them. I fought for 14 long years, even when my fears, pain and confusion was unbearable and my healing never came. Even when I became sicker and sicker I still didnt give up for all those years. But in the end it just got the better of me, and I just had to admit I couldnt follow God and christianity anymore, otherwise id risk doing something that would cause alot of people pain.

So I quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the truth is, that I was terribly wounded by sin. I came to God looking for help, I mean I was desperate to the point of madness. So I found christianity, and at first everything seemed it was going to be ok. But soon enough almost every christian I met began to pour salt in my wounds. but I didnt give up on my faith because of them. I fought for 14 long years, even when my fears, pain and confusion was unbearable and my healing never came. Even when I became sicker and sicker I still didnt give up for all those years. But in the end it just got the better of me, and I just had to admit I couldnt follow God and christianity anymore, otherwise id risk doing something that would cause alot of people pain.

So I quit.
You are here on a Christian forum for a reason. I hope and pray that the Holy Spirit is calling you back.

I am so glad that you found the answer. Quitting on God has obviously cured you, and has given you all those things you were looking for.

I am so glad that you found the answer. Quitting on God has obviously cured you, and has given you all those things you were looking for.
Willie,

I found some answers, that I'm very sure of. But I'll be honest, they are my core coping mechanism now. But I've got to find more answers, because I wont get far if on these ones forever.

You may not have even noticed it, but something you said was very telling.
You said you "came looking for God". Are you aware that those "Christians" who disappointed you, were not Him? Yeah, that sounds silly. Just as silly as Jesus asking a blind man what he wanted, or Him asking people who came for healing if they really wanted to get well.

But those "Christians" you were expecting something from, were no different than you (or me). They were broken, confused people who ALSO came looking for God............ And, don't you suppose there are some of them now disappointed in the way YOU failed THEM.... in their eyes, of course?

Come to God, for God, and be ready to help others do the same...... BECAUSE, even in our lowest time, and at our most hurting stage, WE have exactly what some other hurting person out there needs. God designed "church" to work that way. Don't come to get fixed. Come to help. And you will be surprised to find that in doing that, you WILL also find the help you need, too.

Don't cry, "God, help me". Instead say, "God, help me help someone else."

But soon enough almost every christian I met began to pour salt in my wounds.
Poet,
That is sad indeed, and I feel for you. But as long as there is life there is hope. Hopefully, God will show you through your intereaction with other Christians that in the end -- when it comes to the crunch -- all issues in your life must come to God alone and be resolved by Him alone. Others can help and encourage, but only God and Christ have the answers. And if others discourage, God is the one who encourages.

At the same time if you know that the Holy Spirit is within you, you must believe (grasp by faith) that God's grace and power are within you to overcome all diffficulties and obstacles. If you are not sure about this you can receive Christ into your soul by faith and know this for a fact (Jn 1:12,13). Read the Word.

God has also given us His living Word (Heb 4:12,13) as food for our souls (Mt 4:4) and a Sword against Satan and all his evil spirits (Eph 6:17), along with all the necessary equipment including prayer (Eph 6:10-18). So spend time with God and with His Word. The Holy Spirit will guide you into all Truth, and the Lord Jesus will lead you into the path He has designed for you. That does not mean that there is no spiritual battle. It simply means that you can be a winner.

You may not have even noticed it, but something you said was very telling.
You said you "came looking for God". Are you aware that those "Christians" who disappointed you, were not Him? Yeah, that sounds silly. Just as silly as Jesus asking a blind man what he wanted, or Him asking people who came for healing if they really wanted to get well.

But those "Christians" you were expecting something from, were no different than you (or me). They were broken, confused people who ALSO came looking for God............ And, don't you suppose there are some of them now disappointed in the way YOU failed THEM.... in their eyes, of course?

Come to God, for God, and be ready to help others do the same...... BECAUSE, even in our lowest time, and at our most hurting stage, WE have exactly what some other hurting person out there needs. God designed "church" to work that way. Don't come to get fixed. Come to help. And you will be surprised to find that in doing that, you WILL also find the help you need, too.

Yes, I see that. I must fail them on some level, but am I failing them as a believer who believes they are born again and regenerated in christ, or am I failing them as a lost sinner who must return to god. Who can show the most love, the regenerated christian or the lost sinner.

But you've given me a whole lot to think about now, your post was very deep.

Poet,
That is sad indeed, and I feel for you. But as long as there is life there is hope. Hopefully, God will show you through your intereaction with other Christians that in the end -- when it comes to the crunch -- all issues in your life must come to God alone and be resolved by Him alone. Others can help and encourage, but only God and Christ have the answers. And if others discourage, God is the one who encourages.

At the same time if you know that the Holy Spirit is within you, you must believe (grasp by faith) that God's grace and power are within you to overcome all diffficulties and obstacles. If you are not sure about this you can receive Christ into your soul by faith and know this for a fact (Jn 1:12,13). Read the Word.

God has also given us His living Word (Heb 4:12,13) as food for our souls (Mt 4:4) and a Sword against Satan and all his evil spirits (Eph 6:17), along with all the necessary equipment including prayer (Eph 6:10-18). So spend time with God and with His Word. The Holy Spirit will guide you into all Truth, and the Lord Jesus will lead you into the path He has designed for you. That does not mean that there is no spiritual battle. It simply means that you can be a winner.
K.

Well, I'm off to church. You still have hours to get ready, and go. Why not go, and just watch? Watch for people who might need nothing more than your smile and maybe a small compliment about them. Try to "make someone's day", today. You ain't gonna do it sitting in your house.... you can at least pick up the phone, even if you can't walk or drive.

Well, I'm off to church. You still have hours to get ready, and go. Why not go, and just watch? Watch for people who might need nothing more than your smile and maybe a small compliment about them. Try to "make someone's day", today. You ain't gonna do it sitting in your house.... you can at least pick up the phone, even if you can't walk or drive.
No, Willie I can't do that. Have fun and ill see you soon.

"Give, and it will be given to you." (Luke 6:38 NASB)

I sincerely hope that you find God, life is definitely not easy especially in this world that we live in. But trust me, God is there.

It's about your personal relationship with God and the way you live you life. Whether I am a born again or converted, does that make me better than you? Hell no, it's no competition. Focus on your relationship with God.

I sincerely hope that you find God, life is definitely not easy especially in this world that we live in. But trust me, God is there.

It's about your personal relationship with God and the way you live you life. Whether I am a born again or converted, does that make me better than you? Hell no, it's no competition. Focus on your relationship with God.
K.

I apologize if i am getting this wrong, but it seems to me, you are being to hard on yourself, PoetofParables, even though many think that a Christian can be sinless, I have yet to meet one that is such; while I have meet two Believers who where so filled with the Spirit, neither came close to saying they were sinless, but just preach Christ and stated how they needed a Savior, even for their current sins.

Paul even wrote of this after a long passage about his current life of sin, Romans 7:12-23:
24) O wretched man that i am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25) I thank God, through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25

While addressing Timothy Paul stated his present state of sin:
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom i am chief.
I Timothy 1:15

Paul did not state that he was but used the present tense to call himself the chief sinner.

I can't tell you the amount of times I wanted to quit on God because of my sins, knowing I didn't measure up to His standard, but over and over God has to keep quoting to me the following verse concerning Jesus Christ:
For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.
II Corinthians 5:21

This is God's gift to mankind that thru Christ Jesus, we have received the Gift of Grace, I would urge you to read Romans 5:16-21, for we read in Romans 5:17 that this Gift of Grace is also the Gift of Righteousness.

There is a strange teaching that has been around Christianity for the longest time, and it a false doctrine; that only great people of faith can be saints. Paul speaks of all believers being saints in the Church of Corinth, I Corinthians 1:2; II Corinthians 1:1. A saint is not someone who has done something great for the Church but rather a Saint is Someone who trusted in the Great sacrifice our Lord Jesus Christ gave for our ransom from sin.
Sinners
Accepting
Immanuel (another name for Jesus)
New
Testament (another name for Covenant)
Sacrifice

I apologize if i am getting this wrong, but it seems to me, you are being to hard on yourself, PoetofParables, even though many think that a Christian can be sinless, I have yet to meet one that is such; while I have meet two Believers who where so filled with the Spirit, neither came close to saying they were sinless, but just preach Christ and stated how they needed a Savior, even for their current sins.

Paul even wrote of this after a long passage about his current life of sin, Romans 7:12-23:
24) O wretched man that i am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25) I thank God, through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25

While addressing Timothy Paul stated his present state of sin:
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom i am chief.
I Timothy 1:15

Paul did not state that he was but used the present tense to call himself the chief sinner.

I can't tell you the amount of times I wanted to quit on God because of my sins, knowing I didn't measure up to His standard, but over and over God has to keep quoting to me the following verse concerning Jesus Christ:
For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.
II Corinthians 5:21

This is God's gift to mankind that thru Christ Jesus, we have received the Gift of Grace, I would urge you to read Romans 5:16-21, for we read in Romans 5:17 that this Gift of Grace is also the Gift of Righteousness.

There is a strange teaching that has been around Christianity for the longest time, and it a false doctrine; that only great people of faith can be saints. Paul speaks of all believers being saints in the Church of Corinth, I Corinthians 1:2; II Corinthians 1:1. A saint is not someone who has done something great for the Church but rather a Saint is Someone who trusted in the Great sacrifice our Lord Jesus Christ gave for our ransom from sin.
Sinners
Accepting
Immanuel (another name for Jesus)
New
Testament (another name for Covenant)
Sacrifice
Hey duggar,

Are you able to formulate your views about God and express them just with Gods spirit guiding your heart. Or do you need all those bible verse's as well?

Doesn't seem like you're having a conversation with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason that sounds strange Kathi.
Yes, it does PoP. And I doubt the little dig, there, was accidental. Some of us just feel we have to do things like that.

But, so what? As I constantly tell Christ_empowered, (a poster here) about once a week.... You pack your own chute. That means it is not the things others do, or say, in this life that affect you, but rather, how you, yourself CHOOSE to take their words and actions. If you let other people "pack your chute" for you, then for the remainder of your days on this Earth, you will consign yourself to being a slave to the input of other people to make you either happy or sad... or mad.

You're better than that. As Eleanor Roosevelt said: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." So, will you choose to give that consent? Or will you choose to be who God says you are?

Yes, it does PoP. And I doubt the little dig, there, was accidental. Some of us just feel we have to do things like that.

But, so what? As I constantly tell Christ_empowered, (a poster here) about once a week.... You pack your own chute. That means it is not the things others do, or say, in this life that affect you, but rather, how you, yourself CHOOSE to take their words and actions. If you let other people "pack your chute" for you, then for the remainder of your days on this Earth, you will consign yourself to being a slave to the input of other people to make you either happy or sad... or mad.

You're better than that. As Eleanor Roosevelt said: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." So, will you choose to give that consent? Or will you choose to be who God says you are?
Willie,

I doubt you can fully know yourself, rather you keep knowing yourself. And I think in a way the same would apply if you wanted to know who you were in God too.

Back