Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

So I quit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello my Poet friend. After reading your opening remarks about quitting, this is your statement, "I just had to admit I couldnt follow God and christianity anymore" Since reading that statement, I have not ceased praying about this and asking the Spirit of Jesus to help me help you. I believe that Jesus wants you to consider this Scripture.
Matthew 18:11 "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
18:13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

I already love you Poet, and more than that, Jesus loves you and is seeking you because you have wandered away from His flock. (As I write this, I keep stopping so that I can hear what Jesus wants to tell you) I want you to know that I have been a Shepherd (Pastor) under Jesus for almost 40 years and my heart goes out to you because I've seen others who have a similar testimony of being attacked by Satan. Yea, that's right! There is something about you that Jesus chose you to be saved because He had a specific job for you to do, and Satan is trying to stop you.

Remember after Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist that Jesus went out in the wilderness and the devil tempted Him trying to get Him to quit? Well, Jesus didn't quit because He is God. You quit because you're human and can't see into the future at the wonderful life that Jesus has for you. The life that Jesus has for you MUST BE TESTED!

Ok, I'm assuming that your profession to believe in your heart that Jesus died for your sins, and you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior. NOW, I'd like you to re-commit your life to Jesus because He is searching for you just like V.12 in the Scripture I gave you. Poet, He has found you, now follow Jesus back to the fold by telling Jesus, "I'm sorry for wandering away from you. Please receive me back to Yourself and the Fold. I feel that you are seeking after me, here am I, use me the way of Your will."

Poet, please don't think to much about what I'm asking you to do because your enemy, Satan, will try and get you to quit like he did before. Do it now, and watch Jesus surround you with His protection and heal whatever is hurting. He will my friend because He died for you to return to Him because He loves you and has a job for just you.

Hello my Poet friend. After reading your opening remarks about quitting, this is your statement, "I just had to admit I couldnt follow God and christianity anymore" Since reading that statement, I have not ceased praying about this and asking the Spirit of Jesus to help me help you. I believe that Jesus wants you to consider this Scripture.
Matthew 18:11 "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
18:13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

I already love you Poet, and more than that, Jesus loves you and is seeking you because you have wandered away from His flock. (As I write this, I keep stopping so that I can hear what Jesus wants to tell you) I want you to know that I have been a Shepherd (Pastor) under Jesus for almost 40 years and my heart goes out to you because I've seen others who have a similar testimony of being attacked by Satan. Yea, that's right! There is something about you that Jesus chose you to be saved because He had a specific job for you to do, and Satan is trying to stop you.

Remember after Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist that Jesus went out in the wilderness and the devil tempted Him trying to get Him to quit? Well, Jesus didn't quit because He is God. You quit because you're human and can't see into the future at the wonderful life that Jesus has for you. The life that Jesus has for you MUST BE TESTED!

Ok, I'm assuming that your profession to believe in your heart that Jesus died for your sins, and you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior. NOW, I'd like you to re-commit your life to Jesus because He is searching for you just like V.12 in the Scripture I gave you. Poet, He has found you, now follow Jesus back to the fold by telling Jesus, "I'm sorry for wandering away from you. Please receive me back to Yourself and the Fold. I feel that you are seeking after me, here am I, use me the way of Your will."

Poet, please don't think to much about what I'm asking you to do because your enemy, Satan, will try and get you to quit like he did before. Do it now, and watch Jesus surround you with His protection and heal whatever is hurting. He will my friend because He died for you to return to Him because He loves you and has a job for just you.
I had to slow down far more when I read your post chooper, I wanted to take in every nuance. Ok, ok lets do that right now and see.

Jesus,

Right now I just can't believe in you anymore, I'm so sure of this I think I'd rather go to hell. But if somehow you are really there, then can you do something so I can be sure.

Jesus,

You know that I don't even believe that anything will happen, but if satan has blinded me there's nothing I can do now.

Jesus,

I have repented more times than I can fathom, and I'm tired of doing it over and and over.

Jesus,

Why have you made me wait all this time, I've lost everything waiting for you to save me.

Jesus,

This is too cruel.

I was reading about this the other day and it might be relevant here.A major misconception about the body of Christ is the human tendency of the local church members to set a standard almost a snobbish standard where . if certain believers dont match up to what they subjectively perceive as the "standard of Christ" and become self ordained judges .
Only God has the prerogative to judge a believer Romans 14:12-13 "So then , each of us will give account of himself to God.13. Therefore let us stop passing judgement on on another. Instead , make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brothers way."NIV
So its not about disappointing or pleasing other "believers" in the body of Christ, as is typical of the world, but pleasing God through His Son which is applicable to all servants. God will be the judge as to whether your reasons for "quitting" are justifiable or not.We cant always use "other people's opinions" (easier said of course) but God is the judge and He is the one to face.As Christians I suppose we all fall short and dont meet peoples expectations.Its God who decides whether or not we have given our best.
That's what it takes to be a living sacrifice under the New Testament Covenant Romans 12:1"I beseech you therefore, bretheren by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice , holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service" .

Last edited:
I was reading about this the other day and it might be relevant here.A major misconception about the body of Christ is the human tendency of the local church members to set a standard almost a snobbish standard where . if certain believers dont match up to what they subjectively perceive as the "standard of Christ" and become self ordained judges .
Only God has the prerogative to judge a believer Romans 14:12-13 "So then , each of us will give account of himself to God.13. Therefore let us stop passing judgement on on another. Instead , make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brothers way."NIV
So its not about disappointing or pleasing other "believers" in the body of Christ, as is typical of the world, but pleasing God through His Son which is applicable to all servants. God will be the judge as to whether your reasons for "quitting" are justifiable or not.We cant always use "other people's opinions" (easier said of course) but God is the judge and He is the one to face.As Christians I suppose we all fall short and dont meet peoples expectations.Its God who decides whether or not we have given our best.
That's what it takes to be a living sacrifice under the New Testament Covenant Romans 12:1"I beseech you therefore, bretheren by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice , holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service" .
If Jesus can let unbaptized unsaved children into the kingdom of heaven, then it proves he doesn't need belief to save someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poet,
Sometimes I have felt the same way you do. But what always keeps me grounded, is knowing that Jesus said he will never leave or foresake us.
I shook my fist and hated God for many years and I turned my back on him as well. What I realized, was I was mad at Him because life wasn't treating me fair. You see, I had this idea that by doing all the right things, God would somehow shelter my life and put me into a protective bubble. In reality, and I just saw this recently, but I set God up as an idol in order to have some cosmic sway over the things in this life I had absolutely no control over.

You see, my relationship with God had become a transaction.... And marriages don't work that way very long before the relationship becomes more of an idea about how things should be, and less than the way they really are.

I searched my soul deeply and I searched my understanding of the scriptures and what I found was the simple truth that we live in a broken world in which we will get hurt by things out of our control, and at times we will even hurt ourselves.

Jesus remains true. Nothing can separate him from you, even if you turn your back on him, he is patient and will never leave you. He never promised you your life would be full of pink houses and picket fences. Instead, he said he understands what you feel, and he's there for you to comfort you. He won't leave you... Even when everyone else in your world has.

And as Willie said, go out and find something good to do for somebody else. Because in doing so, you'll see the beauty this world has to offer and it can be amazing.

Poet,
Sometimes I have felt the same way you do. But what always keeps me grounded, is knowing that Jesus said he will never leave or foresake us.
I shook my fist and hated God for many years and I turned my back on him as well. What I realized, was I was mad at Him because life wasn't treating me fair. You see, I had this idea that by doing all the right things, God would somehow shelter my life and put me into a protective bubble. In reality, and I just saw this recently, but I set God up as an idol in order to have some cosmic sway over the things in this life I had absolutely no control over.

You see, my relationship with God had become a transaction.... And marriages don't work that way very long before the relationship becomes more of an idea about how things should be, and less than the way they really are.

I searched my soul deeply and I searched my understanding of the scriptures and what I found was the simple truth that we live in a broken world in which we will get hurt by things out of our control, and at times we will even hurt ourselves.

Jesus remains true. Nothing can separate him from you, even if you turn your back on him, he is patient and will never leave you. He never promised you your life would be full of pink houses and picket fences. Instead, he said he understands what you feel, and he's there for you to comfort you. He won't leave you... Even when everyone else in your world has.

And as Willie said, go out and find something good to do for somebody else. Because in doing so, you'll see the beauty this world has to offer and it can be amazing.
Why is God so amazing stove?

Hey duggar,

Are you able to formulate your views about God and express them just with Gods spirit guiding your heart. Or do you need all those bible verse's as well?

Doesn't seem like you're having a conversation with me.

I apologize, I guess I missed target completely. Especially after reading your replied to Chopper.

I had to slow down far more when I read your post chooper, I wanted to take in every nuance. Ok, ok lets do that right now and see.

Jesus,

Right now I just can't believe in you anymore, I'm so sure of this I think I'd rather go to hell. But if somehow you are really there, then can you do something so I can be sure.

Jesus,

You know that I don't even believe that anything will happen, but if satan has blinded me there's nothing I can do now.

Jesus,

I have repented more times than I can fathom, and I'm tired of doing it over and and over.

Jesus,

Why have you made me wait all this time, I've lost everything waiting for you to save me.

Jesus,

This is too cruel.

I actually know somewhat how you feel, recently I was thinking that the last time I had a serious relationship with a woman was in my mid 20's, after doing a careful check on my situation I really was sadden even more, to find out it was shortly after turning 19. So that aside from a few dates here and there, and I mean very few, maybe I should be a Priest, not by chose. But by what seems to be an never ending Father God who doesn't care, and the name of a Son, that seems to be powerless.
So that may not sound so bad but i am now 49, and less than a year I will be 50. I feel like God has totally forgotten me and believe me my prayers are like a joke at this time. Very tire of people who are marry telling me, it is not an answer to all my problems, so the fact that I have a sex drive that is in overdrive, is my problem, and I have to wonder will I be judged.

I apologize for misunderstanding your situation fully, and sure I don't understand them yet, but truly thank you, for reminding me of mine own struggle. PS, thanks for making me feel like a giant pile of waste.

Why is God so amazing stove?
For me, its because I know he is patient and he is willing to forgive me, even when I've cursed him from the very depth of my soul. He has shown his mercy, grace and love upon me when I least deserved it. Its been about 35 years, and He has lasted the test of time.... And he shows me what real love is.

I now know that inner peace that only comes through God... And its been one hell of a year. 4 major deaths and a son doing drugs. I am finally trusting in God and listening to His direction in my life... And my life, and my son, and my wife... We are finally healing.
But the peace came in the chaos when I finally broke down. And what has been happening in my family has been amazing and the peace, even during chaotic times is remaining. I am learning to trust God, and that's because I've tasted his comfort.

I pray you too will find this place. You will learn that God won't let you go.

I apologize, I guess I missed target completely. Especially after reading your replied to Chopper.

I actually know somewhat how you feel, recently I was thinking that the last time I had a serious relationship with a woman was in my mid 20's, after doing a careful check on my situation I really was sadden even more, to find out it was shortly after turning 19. So that aside from a few dates here and there, and I mean very few, maybe I should be a Priest, not by chose. But by what seems to be an never ending Father God who doesn't care, and the name of a Son, that seems to be powerless.
So that may not sound so bad but i am now 49, and less than a year I will be 50. I feel like God has totally forgotten me and believe me my prayers are like a joke at this time. Very tire of people who are marry telling me, it is not an answer to all my problems, so the fact that I have a sex drive that is in overdrive, is my problem, and I have to wonder will I be judged.

I apologize for misunderstanding your situation fully, and sure I don't understand them yet, but truly thank you, for reminding me of mine own struggle. PS, thanks for making me feel like a giant pile of waste.
Dugger,

PM me if you keep feeling like this.

For me, its because I know he is patient and he is willing to forgive me, even when I've cursed him from the very depth of my soul. He has shown his mercy, grace and love upon me when I least deserved it. Its been about 35 years, and He has lasted the test of time.... And he shows me what real love is.

I now know that inner peace that only comes through God... And its been one hell of a year. 4 major deaths and a son doing drugs. I am finally trusting in God and listening to His direction in my life... And my life, and my son, and my wife... We are finally healing.
But the peace came in the chaos when I finally broke down. And what has been happening in my family has been amazing and the peace, even during chaotic times is remaining. I am learning to trust God, and that's because I've tasted his comfort.

I pray you too will find this place. You will learn that God won't let you go.
Stove im sorry bro, but happy you' ve got faith in something. Ok I know that something is God and God is totally AMAZING.

Jesus,

Jesus,

Jesus,

Jesus,

Jesus,

This is too cruel.

I'll pray. Lord Jesus, my friend Poet has just laid bare his soul to you. You are the mighty God who will not abandon a man who is reaching out to you for a Salvation that is real. Jesus, I'm asking you to take this man's cry for help, Your help! Right now Jesus, please save this man's soul, and fill him with the Holy Spirit. I pray that Poet will know for sure that You have saved him, baptize him in the Holy Spirit with a great baptism I pray. Give him at least the excitement that you gave me so many years ago. I rebuke the efforts of Satan to take this man captive. Holy Spirit, free Poet with power to know that he is God's child right now! Amen and amen.

Poet. right now I want you to say, Jesus, save my soul, I put what little trust I have in your power to save me and deliver me from Satan's prison. Save me Jesus I want you to be my Master Owner, and I'll try my best to follow you again....In Jesus Name, amen.

If you have prayed that prayer Poet with sincerity, you should start to feel a peace come over you from Jesus, your Heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit.

I'll pray. Lord Jesus, my friend Poet has just laid bare his soul to you. You are the mighty God who will not abandon a man who is reaching out to you for a Salvation that is real. Jesus, I'm asking you to take this man's cry for help, Your help! Right now Jesus, please save this man's soul, and fill him with the Holy Spirit. I pray that Poet will know for sure that You have saved him, baptize him in the Holy Spirit with a great baptism I pray. Give him at least the excitement that you gave me so many years ago. I rebuke the efforts of Satan to take this man captive. Holy Spirit, free Poet with power to know that he is God's child right now! Amen and amen.

Poet. right now I want you to say, Jesus, save my soul, I put what little trust I have in your power to save me and deliver me from Satan's prison. Save me Jesus I want you to be my Master Owner, and I'll try my best to follow you again....In Jesus Name, amen.

If you have prayed that prayer Poet with sincerity, you should start to feel a peace come over you from Jesus, your Heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit.
I'm not taking this any further.

Back