Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Son of God

The Father and Son are equal.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.

John 5:17 But He answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.”
John 5:18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.
John 5:19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing from Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in the same manner.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Jesus Christ is God and equal with the The Father.
The scripture I posted says the Son will answer to the Father. This doesn't happen in an equal relationship. It would be a mutual answering. Genuine question: You consider yourself equal to your parents? Why have in scripture "honor your Father and Mother"?

The scripture I posted says the Son will answer to the Father. This doesn't happen in an equal relationship. It would be a mutual answering. Genuine question: You consider yourself equal to your parents? Why have in scripture "honor your Father and Mother"?
Jesus came to do the will of the Father.

Christ and the Father are one, equal.

Jesus came to do the will of the Father.

Christ and the Father are one, equal.
John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

I am One with God, but I know my place in the family. Can you say the same? Are you making yourself equal? I don't mean this to be mean, but most people who have Jesus equal are subliminally making themselves Lord.

Mark 3:34-35 Then he looked at those seated in the circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

I am One with God, but I know my place in the family. Can you say the same? Are you making yourself equal? I don't mean this to be mean, but most people who have Jesus equal are subliminally making themselves Lord.

Mark 3:34-35 Then he looked at those seated in the circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."
I do not agree.

The bigger issue is what do you believe about Jesus Christ?

Is He God come in the flesh?

What do you belive the Bible teaches?

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God

Matthew 16:15-17 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "Your are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

I've expressed many times my understanding of God.

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God

Matthew 16:15-17 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "Your are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

I've expressed many times my understanding of God.
Is Jesus Christ God come in the flesh?

Back