Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

songs you're obsessed with right now

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What songs are you listening to over and over right now? I know this probably belongs in pop culture, but this place gets more traffic.

Me, right now...its Stephanie Says by The Velvet Undergound. Check it out!

This one I think includes lyrics, so its sort of like a sing-a-long, lol.

So...how 'bout y'all? :)

[url]http://theater.goodfight.org/[/URL]
Left hand side panel shows mainly music, while the righthand one shows movies.
The Velvet Underground had a host of problems, among them heavy addiction issues.
Tho' they aren't featured at the website I've included, I can see similarities between their work and the bands featured in the theater above.
I wouldn't mention it if I didn't think it of value here.
I value our Christian faith and also respect anyone's freedom of expression, as that is how America began, with certain freedoms. Including freedom of religion.
Freedom of religion allows us to worship without hiding our true natures from the rest of the world, as so many must do in North Korea and other places.
What gave me a heads-up on the trials and tribulations you've mentioned in other posts, has to be the use of the word, "obsession."
I am concerned for your wellbeing.
I am also concerned for the wellbeing of this site.

I've just looked it up in my old "Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary."
here's what it reads:
Obsession: " a persistent, disturbing preoccupation with an unreasonable idea or feeling."
"an emotion or idea causing such a preoccupation."
If we "obsess," it tells me further on, we are preoccupied intensely or abnormally.

Jokes with words may show us where our hearts may mislead. To joke about being "obsessed" may be dangerous to us from a spiritual standpoint.
I'm sorry, but I will not be able to watch your video, as I know it will upset me to do so.
I mean you no disrespect. I truly don't. In fact, I care about what happens to you and all of us.

I suggest we study the music industry and its base root belief system. In fact, I'm thinking of starting an entirely new thread on this issue of media and occult practices.
Point is, you may have been scammed into thinking it's safe or OK to listen to that sort of music.
I'm not going to tell anybody what songs they HAVE to listen to.
I simply suggest the study of the truth behind what the music industry is actually, really doing to the minds of the viewing and listening public.
God's peace to you, my brother in Christ
I pray you will soon be released from this media snare which I myself have had to fight to get free of.
In Jesus' name Amen
:cross

oooops...sorry. I knew The Velvet Underground had probs, but I thought I could listen to their music w/o issue. I just didn't think about it. :-(

It's good not to beat ourselves up over this kind of thing, don't you think?
I am still learning about all the problems the media can cause.
I mainly watch no TV, try to avoid all commercials.
Music, my friend, holds many secret perils for the practicing Christian. it's faith that's being tested if I watch too much in the way of such stuff.
being new to the walk Christ saved us for means that I have had to become watchful and careful as to whose work I'm listening to and/or viewing.
if this makes me sound like an old fusspot, I'm sorry.
it is my many years of past experience which have given me some insight into our issue.
Also, to be obsessed over any one band or movie or item of pleasure or enjoyment is a sure sign God's not the one who got us interested.
If the signs are there, it may be time to ask the heavenly father to clean us up, inside and out, and from head to toe, and to forgive our straying ways.
You see, it gives Him something more to do. Something he'll certainly be able to handle, of course, but we might better have helped Him rather than hindering Him.
Does this make sense?

Christ_empowered
So long as there's nothing in the song you posted that's against the ToS, there won't be any problems so far as posting it here in relation to the site's rules.

Christ_empowered
So long as there's nothing in the song you posted that's against the ToS, there won't be any problems so far as posting it here. In case you were wondering.

Um, there might well be, tho.
I was around in that era, an adult at that time.
They practiced all sorts of awful, demonic things, that group, alongside other groups of the time. They were affiliated with Iggy Pop and Bowie, among others.
That is NOT safe music, no matter the content of any particular song.
Sorry to be argumentative, but it just isn't good music for us to have here, imo.
I would suggest that we all look into why such things may not be healthy for us spiritually.
I'm off to compose and possibly start a new thread on this very vital subject.

Um, there might well be, tho.
I was around in that era, an adult at that time.
They practiced all sorts of awful, demonic things, that group, alongside other groups of the time. They were affiliated with Iggy Pop and Bowie, among others.
That is NOT safe music, no matter the content of any particular song.
Sorry to be argumentative, but it just isn't good music for us to have here, imo.
I would suggest that we all look into why such things may not be healthy for us spiritually.
I'm off to compose and possibly start a new thread on this very vital subject.
I was just speaking so far as the site rules are concerned.

On a more personal note, I grew up with a very limited musical experience because of my family's views on music. So thanks to my upbringing and my family's educational efforts in that regard I am very familiar with what you're talking about, I just came to a different conclusion after exploring the topic for myself. I'm not the arguing type, though, and I believe in respecting others's convictions.

I know of a "metal head" who went to church his whole life and this song brought him to the Lord.
I listened and read the lyrics as they were displayed.
one thing:
Is it actually scriptural that Jesus Christ is "the dark inside your night"?
this portion of that lyric bothers me a lil' bit....
Sorry

Just a quick note that a little discussion is fine, but if we want to get deeper into this particular topic we might want to take the discussion to another thread.

No one's in trouble or anything, just saying this before the rabbit trail becomes a highway. :)

Last edited:
I'm currently hung up on my Monkees playlist on Spotify. I've been working on pulling together a portfolio to add to my resume and I love listening to those songs.

I know I'm a little behind the curve, but I'm discovering some of the contemporary music in the church. I've heard many covers of these songs in churches, but after hearing the originals I'm finding out how really good musically and spiritually these songs are. Right now I can't get enough of this acoustic oriented version:

I've been listening to this over and over the past few days.
I 'listen' to music, and now that I'm listening to these contemporary Christian songs I did not know this song had such amazing and articulate guitar and mandolin in it. As I say, I'm only familiar with what people do with these songs in their churches. I'm a seventies child and I love the seventies lead guitar sound in the original! Add the Spirit of God to it and LOOK OUT! Praise God!

Last edited:
Back