Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Such disrespect?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So every year my school has a ceremony for Veterans. This is my first year going to it and I was pretty proud to be apart of if. However I still continue to see the disrespectful kids, who laugh and talk and don't care. So I'm pretty mad about this and I'm just gonna go on a rant, I guess if your one of these kids then you can watch.

I don't know if it's fault on the schools fault or the kids fault. The school should be teaching people how good they have it in America, and to show proper respect. Heck if it wasn't for soldiers we'd be under some Communism rule I think people take their freedom for granted. Here in the United States you can speak freely, freedom of press, freedom of arms, freedom of religion, freedom of protest, etc. You don't get these things in a Communism society, you don't like the leader? That's tough you haft to live with him. You want to tell the government they're doing a bad job? Go ahead, you'll be gunned down for it though.

But I also want to give a shout out to two famous people, God and Socrates. God for giving us life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And Socrates the philosopher who taught others to question, who eventually took forced suicide because his teachings brought too much freedom of thought and opinion to others.

"LET FREEDOM RING"

Don't worry about the disrespect of others even though it can be annoying, just know in your heart of who you are and and what you stand for as they disrespected Jesus also and hung him on a cross for their lack of knowledge.

I understand these sentiments. In our school, the kids are the same way. It's really because of a lack of good education, I believe. Parents teach no respect and teachers do little to help, let alone do it properly. However, I've noticed once truly taught, that comes around.

My chorus teacher has taken herself to really teaching about our dead soldiers. She researches names, dates, personalities, and she gets the students involved. Putting it this way, there were a bunch of chorus girls on Veterans' Day going to cemeteries to help clean up the deceased veterans' graves. They saw a veteran in a restaurant after the fact. All of them ran up to him and began to treat him like a celebrity.

I'd like to think that this is how kids would be more if they were taught better. I admit, I've been relatively apathetic, because, really, no one teaches you more than the standard numbers in regards to war. In an age of Grand Theft Auto, violence isn't that shocking. So neither is war. But once you really bring to light that the soldiers were people with personalities, a lot of kids change their hearts. I know I did and I'm sure as heck the chorus did too.

my grandson asked me why veterans day is a holiday.So at the royal explorers i taught them all what a veteran is and why we have that day. i wore my uniform(i am still in). I also showed them what a 21 gun salute,what the american flag colors mean, and taps.I also played taps and had a moment of silence during that to honor the deceased veterans. I also had one kid swear in the army. Finally, I had also taught them what the medal of honor, purple heart and bronze star and valor device. and read the recent citation for the marine who got the moh.! posted his pic.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back