Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Acts 4:12

Even Mary herself said "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior"

Mary claims she needed a savior. She needed God to deliver his promise, that being she needed Christ and his work equally as everyone else. She needed her own Son to save her.

Salvation through Mary?, in the correct context, that being Christ in her womb and she gave birth to the Christ, so through her is salvation.
Mother of our savior. Matt 2:11
Mother of our salvation. Lk 2:30
Found our salvation. Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation. Lk 1:38
Faithful Lk 1:45

Sinless Virgin!

Immaculate conception!

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary was preserved from all sin!

Jesus is your savior?
How?

By forgiving your past sins? Yes

But also by preserving you from sin!

and Mary was preserved from all sin, original and personal!
In the first moment of Her creation in virtue of the future merits of Jesus Christ!

Lk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

Because of Her immaculate Conception and being filled with the plenitude of divine grace Mary from her mother’s womb saw the beatific vision of God in heaven on His throne, and was consumed with love and desire for God and His will, she dedicated and consecrated her entire being to Him forever, and began interceding and imploring God’s grace and mercy!

The pure of heart shall see God. Matt 5:8

God planted a seed of life in Mary he didnt need a womans egg he just needed a womb to plant a seed and deliver. She was chosen by God and she consented for God to use her womb to give birth to Christ to fulfill prophecy and as Gabriel said to her.

She is not his biological mother. She was given the position of a mother to nurture and raise the Christ as her own child like Jospeph also as his dad. Both his earthly parants who raised Christ and God gave them his blessing.

Jesus was Gods Son and sinless. He was born in the flesh. His name will be called "God with us".

Her blood never mixed with his. Mothers have a placenta that gives oxygen and nutrition and filters out waste, and a mother and her baby never mix blood. Jesus was his own person. He did not come out of Adam and Eve like Mary.

Just my belief and opinion.

Last edited:
The Protestant Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament says:
"Highly favored (kecharitomene). Perfect passive participle of charitoo and means endowed with grace (charis), enriched with grace as in Eph 1:6.... The Vulgate gratiae plena "is right if it means'full of grace which thou hast received''; wrong , if it means 'full of grace which thou hast to bestow." (Plummer)

Saint Jerome, who was trilingual in Latin, Geek and Hebrew translated it as gratiae plena (full of grace) in the Vulgate (beginning of 5th century).

2. Much is sometimes made of Mary’s statement in Lk 1:47 “my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour”. Yes Mary needed a saviour to save her from the effects of original sin. We believe we inherit the effects of original sin from our parents so without Jesus’ saving grace she would have been affected by it. Moreover if she had not been preserved from the effects of original sine then Jesus would have needed a saviour to preserve him.

Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because Mary was pure and immaculate. As Job said “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one.” (Job 14:4).

3. Gen 3:15 “I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed” Her seed is Jesus and the “her” is Mary. God promises enmity between Mary and Satan. Now enmity is being an enemy. When we sin we are not being an enemy of Satan but doing his will rather than God’s So here in the garden God is promising a woman who will totally oppose Satan – who will not sin.

4. Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant. The old Ark was considered so holy that it was made of the finest materials and plated with gold. Yet God sheinkah glory only rested on the Ark. With Mary God became incarnate in her womb.

It is fitting that she should be conceived immaculate as a worthy vessel for God.

5. Mary is the new Eve. Like bookends in time Jesus and Mary recapitulate Adam and Eve.
“For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.” (1Tim 2:13-14).

Just as Adam and Eve were created immaculate so it is fitting that the new Adam (Jesus) and the new Eve (Mary) should be immaculate.

6. Scripture says: “holiness befits thy house, O Lord” (Ps 93:5). Mary was Jesus’ “house” for 9 months so if holiness befits God’s house would not Mary be holy also? Just like the Ark and the Tabernacle she was set apart and consecrated to the Lord., the holy dwelling of God.

To demonstrate the perennial belief in the Immaculate Conception of Mary, here are some quotes from the early Church fathers from the first five centuries of the Catholic Church:

He was the ark formed of incorruptible wood. For by this is signified that His tabernacle was exempt from putridity and corruption." Hippolytus, Orations Inillud, Dominus pascit me (ante A.D. 235).

"This Virgin Mother of the Only-begotten of God, is called Mary, worthy of God, immaculate of the immaculate, one of the one." Origen, Homily 1(A.D. 244).

"Let woman praise Her, the pure Mary." Ephraim, Hymns on the Nativity,
15:23 (A.D. 370).

"Thou alone and thy Mother are in all things fair, there is no flaw in thee and no stain in thy Mother." Ephraem, Nisibene Hymns, 27:8 (A.D. 370).

"O noble Virgin, truly you are greater than any other greatness. For who is your equal in greatness, O dwelling place of God the Word? To whom among all creatures shall I compare you, O Virgin? You are greater than them all O Covenant, clothed with purity instead of gold! You are the Ark in which is found the golden vessel containing the true manna, that is, the flesh in which divinity resides." Athanasius, Homily of the Papyrus of Turin, 71:216 (ante AD 373) .

"Mary, a Virgin not only undefiled but a Virgin whom grace has made inviolate, free of every stain of sin." Ambrose, Sermon
22:30 (A.D. 388) .

"We must except the Holy Virgin Mary, concerning whom I wish to raise no question when it touches the subject of sins, out of honour to the Lord; for from Him we know what abundance of grace for overcoming sin in every particular was conferred upon her who had the merit to conceive and bear Him who undoubtedly had no sin." Augustine, Nature and Grace,4 2[36] (A.D.415) .

"As he formed her without any stain of her own, so He proceeded from her contracting no stain." Proclus of Constantinople, Homily 1 (ante A.D. 446) .

"A virgin, innocent, spotless, free of all defect, untouched, unsullied, holy in soul and body, like a lily sprouting among thorns." Theodotus of Ancrya, Homily VI:11(ante A.D. 446) .

"The angel took not the Virgin from Joseph, but gave her to Christ, to whom she was pledged from Joseph, but gave her to Christ, to whom she was pledged in the womb, when she was made." Peter Chrysologus, Sermon 140 (A.D. 449) .

"[T]he very fact that God has elected her proves that none was ever holier than Mary, if any stain had disfigured her soul, if any other virgin had been purer and holier, God would have selected her and rejected Mary." Jacob of Sarug (ante A.D. 521) .

Elizabeth said blessed is she who believed God. Mary believed God and it was credited to her as righteous. Like Moses, Noah, Abraham, Issac, and everyone else.

Faith is belief in something not seen. Mary believed the scriptures and believed God. Faith in God is believing God even have not seen and that is credited as righteous in God's eyes. Jesus said blessed are they who have not seen yet believed.

Zechariah and Elizabeth are called righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly. The believed God and the scriptures it was credited to them as righteous.

Blameless/righteous does not mean never sinned in the flesh. It's just believing and having faith in God.
No it don’t say it was credited to Her as righteousness!

Lk 1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Cos she was already conceived without original sin and immaculate purity full of grace!

Gen 3:15 enmity total war none of his wicked works are found in her

Lk 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun
Immaculate purity
Thanks

Jesus was glorifying Mary by saying openly that His mother and brothers were His disciples, not His mother (Mary) and brothers (proving that Mary had intercourse multiple times) who cam to talk Him out of His ministry?

You have a very, very false way of interpreting what the Bible clearly says!!!

Matthew 12:48-49, "But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!"

How do you have the gall to deliberately distort God's word??? The Bible clearly shows that Jesus regarded others as His mother and brothers!!!

And Luke 1:45 has nothing to do with it!
No one was more pure immaculate holy faithful than Mary!

Perpetual virginity is required by the power of the HS who over shadowed her!

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Even Luther and Calvin rebuke you

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

And in case you don’t know an article of faith is required for salvation

The response to Mary consenting to our salvation!

Zech 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

The response to Mary consenting to our salvation!

Zech 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
This is not about Mary, It is about Jesus coming to the elect remnant.
You are making her an idol.

This is not about Mary, It is about Jesus coming to the elect remnant.
You are making her an idol.
When did I say we need Mary to be an idol?

She is the daughter, the mother of our salvation!

I
You did not say it....your posts do however.
Here is the title of this thread;

Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation! This is vile.

She did not have anything to do with our salvation. God alone accomplishes that. mary is not God.
never said she was God or and idol or to worship her!

Is Mary the mother of our salvation?

Mary and saints do not hear our prayers. God alone hears and answers prayers.
Anyone in the entire communion of saints can intercede for each other, including those who have gone before is marked with the sign of faith!

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 8:3
And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

Revelation 8:4
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

James 5:16 …The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. How much more the Mother of God? Christ honors Mary! Honor Thy father and mother!

Anyone in the entire communion of saints can intercede for each other, including those who have gone before is marked with the sign of faith!
not in scripture lk 16 forbids this idea
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that t
hey which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 8:3
And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

Revelation 8:4
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

James 5:16 …The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. How much more the Mother of God? Christ honors Mary! Honor Thy father and mother!
Your manmade idolatry is not found in these verses. The prayers of the saints are being offered by living saints

not in scripture lk 16 forbids this idea
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that t
hey which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Your manmade idolatry is not found in these verses. The prayers of the saints are being offered by living saints
Where does it say so!
The gulf does not prevent communication even though it’s not applicable cos it refers to Sheol “Abraham’s Bosum”
And hell not saints in heaven and is on earth!

When did I say to worship them?

We must hear the church founded by Christ! Matt 18:17

Only Christ has authority to establish the church! Matt 16:18-19
One church! Jn 10:16 All others are sects “full of errors” “the tradition of men”! The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith! The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15 Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20 Lk 22:29

The 30,000 sects (the tradition of men) having no authority at all! And holding and teaching contrary and new doctrines that oppose the Christian faith that was revealed by Christ and taught by holy mother church! Matt 28:19

Apostles commanded by Christ to teach and we to believe!

Back