Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Tasted Death for every Man !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No, it doesn't say that. It says by the faith of Christ we believe in Christ; That is, the faith of Christ and our belief
in Christ come from the same source which is Christ. For us to have faith in Christ, we must have the faith of Christ.
Galatians 5:22 informs of the fruit OF THE SPIRIT; that is, true faith is the Spirit's fruit - it originates FROM the Spirit, not man - the "of the" is in the genitive case, meaning ownership - that the owner of faith is the Spirit. If it were as you say, then it would somehow have to show faith as being genitive of the believer - which would make it the believer's faith, but it does not show that.
Firstly, it doesn't matter how much you disagree, "Galatians 5:22" is plain to read for anyone to see. The Passage does not anywhere state that by the faith of Christ we believe. Nor does it state that this is Christ's faith inside us that is believing.

"Galatians 2:16" plainly states that justification is by the faith of Jesus Christ. "WE" have believed so that WE may be justified by the faith of Christ.

• The Passage doesn't state that the faith inside of Christians is the faith of Jesus Christ; rather by believing we are justified by the faith of Christ.
  • The Passage doesn't state that the faith inside of Christians is the work of God; rather, that WE have believed in Christ Jesus that WE might be justified by the faith of Christ.
Secondly, I do not have to convince you, nor do I expect you to see the plain reading of the Passage; rather, I am simply putting this message up for anyone of honest heart who will be reading this.

Regarding Galatians 5:16 - 25, do you see in 5:18- that it is pertaining only to those who are led by the Spirit?
You are right that born again Christians are led by the Spirit, but not all born again Christians are diligent to follow the leading of the Spirit, which is why Paul wrote "Galatians 5:16-25." He is warning Christians to continue walking in the Spirit as the Spirit leds so that we may not become victim to sinful ways, and that we may continue to bear the fruit of the Spirit. This whole Passage concerns those who are born again believers.

The "fruits" of the Spirit, as we read them all listed, are showing us the character traits of those who walk by the Spirit. "Faithfulness" is one of the character traits out of the many listed that a true believer will demonstrate in his life. "Faithfulness," just like the other fruits of the Spirit listed, have nothing to do with how to be saved.

To be led of the Spirit means they have been born again by which, He leads them. In 5:24, that they are of Christ? Meaning that they have been born again. Do you see "if we live by the Spirit" in 5:25?
I agree. "If" means that continuation in bearing fruit of the Spirit is conditional upon each Christian's walk in the Spirit.

To live BY the Spirit, means that that He is within them, moving them, and therefore, in order for Him to be within themselves, they are the born again.
That is right, to be born again, the Spirit of God is within them, moving them, if they continue to walk in the Spirit.
Let me remind you that we only become born again Christians - the Spirit of God within them - by faith, not before faith.

John 7:37-38 (WEB) 37 Now on the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.

Galatians 3:2 (NIV) 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard
?

Galatians 3:5 (NIV) 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law or by believing what you heard?

The Spirit lives in us by believing - not so we can believe.

Regeneration is by believing - not so we can believe.

John 5:24 (WEB) Most certainly I tell you, he who hears {{listens to}} my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life [regeneration].

Last edited:
setst777

Firstly, it doesn't matter how much you disagree, "Galatians 5:22" is plain to read for anyone to see. The Passage does not anywhere state that by the faith of Christ we believe. Nor does it state that this is Christ's faith inside us that is believing.
Semantics, but what does the verse reveal ? That Faith is the fruit of the Spirit, and the Spirit is the Spirit of Christ Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Christ is the author of Faith in and through His Spirit. You want to take credit for Faith. Man naturally doesnt have the fruit of the Spirit, so he doesnt have Faith, unless you speaking about mans natural faith, which is of the law

setst777
Semantics, but what does the verse reveal ? That Faith is the fruit of the Spirit, and the Spirit is the Spirit of Christ Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
This will go right over your head, and you will ignore as usual, but the Spirit of God only indwells us by our faith, not so we can believe.
  • John 7:38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.
  • Galatians 3:2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?
  • Galatians 3:5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?
  • Acts 5:32 We are his witnesses of these things; and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
The ones God chose to regenerate, or to give a new birth, are those are believing in His Son after hearing the Gospel. We pass from Death to Life, which is regeneration, by Faith – not before.

John 5:24 (EWEB) Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Christ is the author of Faith in and through His Spirit. You want to take credit for Faith. Man naturally doesnt have the fruit of the Spirit, so he doesnt have Faith, unless you speaking about mans natural faith, which is of the law
I have responded to this many times in the past with you, but you act as if this is a new proof. You are reading into the text your own doctrine that "author" and "perfecter" must mean that Lord Jesus is giving you your faith. The context refutes that belief; in that, "Hebrews 12:1-4" shows us that Christ set the example of faith we are to follow. As we follow in the same steps that Christ also suffered, he has become the author and perfecter of the faith we are to live by to be saved.

That is not taking credit for salvation, which no man can earn; rather, God elects to give his free gift of salvation to those who put their faith in His Son (John 3:16), evidenced by following Christ (John 10:27-29) - the author and perfecter of the faith we are to follow to be saved.

Hebrews 12:1-4 (WEB) Therefore let’s also, seeing we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him who has endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, that you don’t grow weary, fainting in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted to blood, striving against sin.

All through the Scriptures, the faith of Lord Jesus is held up as our perfect example of faith that we are to follow to be in a saving relationship with God. For instance:

• John 15:10 (WEB) 10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and remain in his love.
  • Romans 8:17 (WEB) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together
  • John 15:12 (WEB) This is my commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.
  • John 17:6 (WEB) They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.
  • 1 John 1:7 (WEB) 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
  • 1 John 3:7-9 (WEB) 7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous
  • 1 John 3:16 (WEB) 16 By this we know love, because he laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
  • 1 Peter 4:1-4 (WEB) 4 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind; for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 that you no longer should live the rest of your time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
  • 1 John 2:4-6 (WEB) 4 One who says, “I know him,” and doesn’t keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn’t in him. 5 But God’s love has most certainly been perfected in whoever keeps his word. {{This is how we know that we are in him}}: 6 he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk just like he walked.
  • 1 John 1:6-7 (WEB) 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don’t tell the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
  • Hebrews 5:8-9 (WEB) 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
  • 1 Peter 2:21 (WEB) 21 For you were called to this, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving you an example, that you should follow his steps
  • Revelation 3:21 (WEB) 21 He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne.
  • 1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don’t tell the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we [those who walk in the light] confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we haven’t sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
  • Matthew 10:38 (WEB) 38 He who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.
  • John 10:27-28 (WEB) 27 My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give eternal life to them [the sheep who follow him]. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
  • 1 Peter 1:14-16 (WEB) 14 as children of obedience, not conforming yourselves according to your former lusts as in your ignorance, 15 but just as he who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all of your behavior; 16 because it is written, “You shall be holy; for I am holy.” [Leviticus 11:44-45]
  • Luke 9:23-25 (WEB) 23 He said to all, “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for my sake, will save it. 25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits his own self?

irstly, it doesn't matter how much you disagree, "Galatians 5:22" is plain to read for anyone to see. The Passage does not anywhere state that by the faith of Christ we believe. Nor does it state that this is Christ's faith inside us that is believing.

Apparently, it's not, you can't. It simply just does not say what you claim it says no matter how emphatic you try to be. You're making it up as you go along.

Last edited:
This will go right over your head, and you will ignore as usual, but the Spirit of God only indwells us by our faith, not so we can believe.
  • John 7:38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.
  • Galatians 3:2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?
  • Galatians 3:5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?
  • Acts 5:32 We are his witnesses of these things; and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
The ones God chose to regenerate, or to give a new birth, are those are believing in His Son after hearing the Gospel. We pass from Death to Life, which is regeneration, by Faith – not before.

John 5:24 (EWEB) Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

I have responded to this many times in the past with you, but you act as if this is a new proof. You are reading into the text your own doctrine that "author" and "perfecter" must mean that Lord Jesus is giving you your faith. The context refutes that belief; in that, "Hebrews 12:1-4" shows us that Christ set the example of faith we are to follow. As we follow in the same steps that Christ also suffered, he has become the author and perfecter of the faith we are to live by to be saved.

That is not taking credit for salvation, which no man can earn; rather, God elects to give his free gift of salvation to those who put their faith in His Son (John 3:16), evidenced by following Christ (John 10:27-29) - the author and perfecter of the faith we are to follow to be saved.

Hebrews 12:1-4 (WEB) Therefore let’s also, seeing we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him who has endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, that you don’t grow weary, fainting in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted to blood, striving against sin.

All through the Scriptures, the faith of Lord Jesus is held up as our perfect example of faith that we are to follow to be in a saving relationship with God. For instance:

• John 15:10 (WEB) 10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and remain in his love.
  • Romans 8:17 (WEB) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together
  • John 15:12 (WEB) This is my commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.
  • John 17:6 (WEB) They are not of the world even as I am not of the world.
  • 1 John 1:7 (WEB) 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
  • 1 John 3:7-9 (WEB) 7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous
  • 1 John 3:16 (WEB) 16 By this we know love, because he laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
  • 1 Peter 4:1-4 (WEB) 4 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind; for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 that you no longer should live the rest of your time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
  • 1 John 2:4-6 (WEB) 4 One who says, “I know him,” and doesn’t keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn’t in him. 5 But God’s love has most certainly been perfected in whoever keeps his word. {{This is how we know that we are in him}}: 6 he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk just like he walked.
  • 1 John 1:6-7 (WEB) 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don’t tell the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
  • Hebrews 5:8-9 (WEB) 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
  • 1 Peter 2:21 (WEB) 21 For you were called to this, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving you an example, that you should follow his steps
  • Revelation 3:21 (WEB) 21 He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne.
  • 1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don’t tell the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we [those who walk in the light] confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we haven’t sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
  • Matthew 10:38 (WEB) 38 He who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.
  • John 10:27-28 (WEB) 27 My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give eternal life to them [the sheep who follow him]. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
  • 1 Peter 1:14-16 (WEB) 14 as children of obedience, not conforming yourselves according to your former lusts as in your ignorance, 15 but just as he who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all of your behavior; 16 because it is written, “You shall be holy; for I am holy.” [Leviticus 11:44-45]
  • Luke 9:23-25 (WEB) 23 He said to all, “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for my sake, will save it. 25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits his own self?
Please dont spam up the thread with all these verses. Do you feel like explaining each one of them and their context ?

Please dont spam up the thread with all these verses. Do you feel like explaining each one of them and their context ?
Nothing is spammed. I researched through the entire NT by myself to find examples of Passages for you that show that the same faith Christ had, we are to follow His example to be the kind of faith that God accepts to be saved. That is how Lord Jesus is the author and perfecter of the kind of faith we are to live by.

ludicrous. non-sensical bordering on insanity. The Spirit of God GIVES faith. You obviously don't understand
genitive. It simply does not say what you've said - it says nothing about His indwelling because of our faith. You just don't want to recognize its truth because to do so would invalidate your fundamental beliefs.

Nothing is spammed. I researched through the entire NT by myself to find examples of Passages for you that show that the same faith Christ had, we are to follow His example to be the kind of faith that God accepts to be saved. That is how Lord Jesus is the author and perfecter of the kind of faith we are to live by.
Please explain each verse and context

Please explain each verse and context
The context of each shows that just as Christ is faithful in the ways described, so too, we are to do likewise. That is the context of the Passages I provided. We are to follow Christ just as he lived his life.

Most of the Passages are small, one sentence quotes that are very easy to grasp. To explain such simple Passages would be redundant.

ludicrous. non-sensical bordering on insanity. The Spirit of God GIVES faith. You obviously don't understand
genitive. It simply does not say what you've said - it says nothing about His indwelling because of our faith. You just don't want to recognize its truth because to do so would invalidate your fundamental beliefs.
Can you show me even one Scripture that states that the Spirit GIVES faith to be saved?

I have shown you Scriptures that plainly and clearly state that we receive the Spirit by faith.

The Spirit of God only indwells us by our faith, not so we can believe. Are you able to read these Scriptures?

How would you answer the questions given in "Galatians 3:2" and "Galatians 3:5"?
The ones God chose to regenerate, or to give a new birth, are those who are believing in His Son after hearing the Gospel. We pass from Death to Life, which is regeneration, by Faith – not before.

John 5:24 (WEB) Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Again, I write these messages for the honest hearted.

Last edited:
The context of each shows that just as Christ is faithful in the ways described, so too, we are to do likewise. That is the context of the Passages I provided. We are to follow Christ just as he lived his life.

Most of the Passages are small, one sentence quotes that are very easy to grasp. To explain such simple Passages would be redundant.
Please explain each one, show us your extensive research you have done

Please explain each one, show us your extensive research you have done
I never said I did extensive research; rather, I researched the entire New Testament to find examples of how Christians are to live the by the same faith that Lord Jesus also demonstrated.

Here again is what I wrote:

<<<
setst777 said:
>>>

The Passages I listed should be easy for anyone to understand with a fifth grade reading ability.

Can you show me even one Scripture that states that the Spirit GIVES faith?

You're kidding, right? You didn't comprehend about a fruit of the Spirit being faith? That when you are given the
Spirit you also are given true faith with Him, but not until then.
The fruit of the Spirit is the Spirit's fruit. It says nowhere that our faith causes the Spirit to give faith.
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the Spirit has to give faith, then whatever faith we might have before then can't be true faith.
It's almost impossible for me to discuss with you because your statements are logical impossibilities.
What faith does someone have who doesn't have the Holy Spirit? If they have faith in Christ (which they can't)
then they don't need the Holy Spirit because they would already have faith.

Last edited:
I await your response.

I went back through our chain of exchange, but I couldn't find a question from you to me for which you would be awaiting response, but I do await your answer to the following previously posed question of you about you specifically.

Here's the unanswered question posed to you, wondering:

Do you consider yourself a friend of Jesus because the Lord brings friendship with Himself together with His exclusive choosing of people in the same passage with "I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:15-16)?
I look forward to your answer.

Actually, I hadn't been following along very well.
And although I agree with @Hopeful2 on many topics, it would be wrong to assume I agree with him on every topic.
This is true for every member here.

You may not always agree with Hopeful 2, but your response contained the hallmarks of agreement with Hopeful 2.

As to my theory of doctrine created after 1,500 years of Christianity and what it meant to be Christian, and the theology of Christianity was already in place - being incorrect - I will stand by unabashedly.

The best Christology is the earliest Christology - I forget who said that.

And when we go back to the sayings of the Word of God, the Christ of every single one of us Christians, the Reason there is a Christology, the Founder of Christianity, then we find the Beginning of the New Testament in the Beginning's Blood saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation); therefore, Christ proclaims who the creature IS and Christ the Grand Creator God declaring the Lord God Almighty IS the absolute loving Sovereign, even Sovereign in every aspect of man's salvation (John 1:3, Daniel 4:34-35, Psalm 27:1).[/i]

Christ says man does not choose God, so your 1,500 years absent of the Sovereignty of God is absolutely false.

Christ's words define Christianity, even every moment of the 2,000 years you mentioned.

What the Apostles, who spent time with Jesus for over 3 years, taught about Him and what HE taught, is what I'm going to have to believe.

Not what some person or other, after 1,500 years had passed, decided to change and create a new "truth".

There can only be ONE TRUTH.

Let's review some Apostolic testimony about the Sovereignty of God!

The gracious Benefactor of us Christians produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19)
    AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Ephesians "Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love" (Ephesians 1:3-4)
    SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God
  2. beneficiaries' faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians "by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work" (Ephesians 2:8-10)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for Peter declared "God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith" (Acts 15:8-9)
    SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God
  3. beneficiaries' fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Philippians "being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:11)
    SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God
  4. beneficiaries' birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:5-8)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (1 Peter 1:3)
    SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God
  5. beneficiaries' repent by God's working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes" (Matthew 11:25)
    AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus' words with thier saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life" (Acts 11:18)
    SO, clearly, Jesus' words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)
  6. beneficiaries' love by God's working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another" (John 13:34)
    AND John is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God" (1 John 4:7, see the phrase "love is from God" meaning God is the source of true love)
    AND John expands with his writing of "God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him" (1 John 4:16, see the phrase "one who abides in Love" is equivocated with "one who abides" "in God" which extends from God's exclusivity with "God is Love")
    SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 13:34 states that the love, true love (John 3:33), the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14)!

You're kidding, right? You didn't comprehend about a fruit of the Spirit being faith? That when you are given the
Spirit you also are given true faith with Him, but not until then.
The fruit of the Spirit is the Spirit's fruit. It says nowhere that our faith causes the Spirit to give faith.
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the Spirit has to give faith, then whatever faith we might have before then can't be true faith.
It's almost impossible for me to discuss with you because your statements are logical impossibilities.
What faith does someone have who doesn't have the Holy Spirit? If they have faith in Christ (which they can't)
then they don't need the Holy Spirit because they would already have faith.
"Galatians 5:16-25" does not say anything about the Spirit giving faith; rather "faithfulness" is one of the many character traits (fruit of the Spirit) of those who believe manifested by walking in the Spirit.,
  • who
  • already
  • have
  • the
  • Spirit
  • living
  • in
  • them
  • by
  • faith.
The Spirit of God only indwells us by our faith, not so we can believe. Are you able to read these Scriptures?

How would you answer the questions given in "Galatians 3:2" and "Galatians 3:5"?
The ones God chose to regenerate, or to give a new birth, are those who are believing in His Son after hearing the Gospel. We pass from Death to Life, which is regeneration, by Faith – not before.

John 5:24 (WEB) Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

I never said I did extensive research; rather, I researched the entire New Testament to find examples of how Christians are to live the by the same faith that Lord Jesus also demonstrated.

Here again is what I wrote:

<<<
setst777 said:
>>>

The Passages I listed should be easy for anyone to understand with a fifth grade reading ability.
Please dont spam up the thread again with all those verses, that's unreasonable, unless you explain each one, show us how they disprove a point someone made or to explain a point you are making.

"Galatians 5:16-25" does not say anything about the Spirit giving faith; rather "faithfulness" is one of the many character traits (fruit) of those who believe,

Oh my! You are saying the exact same thing again. It's impossible for me to see how this could be any clearer:

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

A fruit of the Spirit - the Spirit's fruit (that which comes from the Spirit) - is true faith. If you don't have the Sprit, then you can't have true faith either - both occur together and only go with each other. What other faith do you think there can be in addition to, and before that faith? And what would that faith be in if different from the faith the Spirit gives?

"Galatians 5:16-25" does not say anything about the Spirit giving faith; rather "faithfulness" is one of the many character traits (fruit of the Spirit) of those who believe manifested by walking in the Spirit.,
  • who
  • already
  • have
  • the
  • Spirit
  • living
  • in
  • them
  • by
  • faith.

The natural man doesnt have a Spiritual faith, which faith pleases God Heb 11:6 yet the ones in the flesh, unregenerate cannot please God Rom 8:8 also the natural unregenerate person is dead spiritually. They cant hear spiritually, nor understand spiritually

The Spirit dwells in someone by their becoming born-again by God, not by anything they might do.
It is not by someone's faith that the Holy Spirit indwells, but only by God.

[2Co 1:21-22 KJV] 21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, [is] God;
22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back