Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
They are delivered from Spiritual Death[by new birth] which all men are born into. They are delivered from the 2 nd death, and they shall be delivered from physical death in the day of Christs second coming, and some will be delivered from physical death if they are alive when Jesus comes the 2 nd time. 1 Cor 15:51

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep[or die], but we shall all be changed,
No one is born into the new birth, but by faith come to Christ and are made new again through the Spiritual rebirth. John 3:5-7. The only ones saved from physical death are those who arestill alive at His coming.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Those who are asleep in their grave will be raised on the last day as many will go to be with the Lord and others raised to damnation, John 5:28-29; 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

fhg

Who said they were ? Everyone is born a spiritually dead sinner, dead in sin ! So why are you insinuating I stated differently ?
You said: They are delivered from Spiritual Death[by new birth] which all men are born into.

I do apologize as I misread this thinking you meant all were born into the new birth.

If you want to discuss, thats fine, I have been posting on this thread for a while now, lets go back to the OP and start discussing. I have been explaining my posts.
When a member ask you/us to explain something you/us wrote then the polite thing to do is explain it and not make them search through pages to try and understand a statement you/us have made. This is how we learn from one another and if they can not give supporting scripture then it is only their own views and opinions.

The death of Christ for those He tasted death for Heb 2:9 it delivered them from #1 Death, #2 the Devil, #3 Hell, #4 Gods Wrath. So how can we testify to the death of Christ and its accomplishments, f any for He tasted death for die in their sins and experience for eternity Gods Wrath ?
I can see why jaybo could not understand that as even I am having a problem reading this. It is not cut and dry, but reads like all those who are Christ own will never physically die. The Devil will always try to tempt us, hell being the grave is where our body goes to when we physically die and those who are still alive that are in Christ will see the wrath of God being poured out into the world in the seven trumpets sounding, but God will protect and provide for them until Christ returns.

You said: They are delivered from Spiritual Death[by new birth] which all men are born into.

I do apologize as I misread this thinking you meant all were born into the new birth.
Yeah, they are delivered from spiritual death. They are born spiritually dead right ?

When a member ask you/us to explain something you/us wrote then the polite thing to do is explain it and not make them search through pages to try and understand a statement you/us have made. This is how we learn from one another and if they can not give supporting scripture then it is only their own views and opinions.
Thats fine, everyone doesnt understand explanations.

I can see why jaybo could not understand that as even I am having a problem reading this. It is not cut and dry, but reads like all those who are Christ own will never physically die. The Devil will always try to tempt us, hell being the grave is where our body goes to when we physically die and those who are still alive that are in Christ will see the wrath of God being poured out into the world in the seven trumpets sounding, but God will protect and provide for them until Christ returns.
Its simple, Christs death saves, it delivers Hs people from death, Gods Wrath, and the devli, I have provided scripture for that throughout this thread.

Yeah, they are delivered from spiritual death. They are born spiritually dead right ?
I already apologized. Of course everyone is born spiritually dead. This is why God sent His only begotten Son Christ Jesus into the world so He could taste death for all and that all who choose can be reconciled back to Him. It is only those who have heard and obeyed the call of God that have been Spiritually born again from above that will never experience the second death.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

fhg

Who said they were ? Everyone is born a spiritually dead sinner, dead in sin ! So why are you insinuating I stated differently ?
I don't think I can agree with that.
A baby can't commit sin, so is alive spiritually till a sin is committed.
Otherwise, the aborted children, and those who die at young ages, all go to hell.
I just can't see that.
Don't bother responding to this off topic post.

Otherwise, the aborted children, and those who die at young ages, all go to hell.
I just can't see that.
That isn't that the Bible says. It just exists in your imagination. Now, back to the OP subject.

fhg

I already apologized. Of course everyone is born spiritually dead

Okay then, so Christs death delivered those He died for from spiritual death which they are born naturally. See Christs death abolished death for them He died for 2 Tim 1:10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

That word abolished means:

1. to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
    1. to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency
    2. to deprive of force, influence, power
  2. to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish
    1. to cease, to pass away, be done away
    2. to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

The devil had the power of death Heb 2:14

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

So therefore Christ as an evidence of Him abolishing death for His elect, they will be given Spiritual life or they will be born again. Everyone He died for shall be born again, which releases them from spiritual death, as a token that the devils power of death over them has ceased.

I just can't see that.
You dont have to agree with that.

fhg

Okay then, so Christs death delivered those He died for from spiritual death which they are born naturally. See Christs death abolished death for them He died for 2 Tim 1:10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

That word abolished means:

1. to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
    1. to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency
    2. to deprive of force, influence, power
  2. to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish
    1. to cease, to pass away, be done away
    2. to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

The devil had the power of death Heb 2:14

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

So therefore Christ as an evidence of Him abolishing death for His elect, they will be given Spiritual life or they will be born again. Everyone He died for shall be born again, which releases them from spiritual death, as a token that the devils power of death over them has ceased.
The sacrifice of Christ has delivered/redeemed all from their sin in whosoever by faith will believe in Him. Those of faith come to Him and will receive the promise of eternal life with Him having no part of the second death in God's time of judgement.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I think everyone knows what abolish means, but thank you for the definition.

In order to inherit the kingom of God and have eternal life with Jesus we have to first be Spiritually born again from above, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9-10. Jesus is not going to force anyone to believe, even though through His death all can come to Him. Through the life, death and resurrection of Christ He has made this possible for all who by faith will believe in Him, John 3:16. We are Spiritually made new again as we have Spiritually risen with Christ and seek those things from above where Christ now sits at the right hand of God, Colossians 3:1-17. The old man (flesh) has now become Spiritually alive in Christ who tasted death for all who will by faith repent and turn back to Him and walk in obedience to His commands.

The sacrifice of Christ has delivered/redeemed all from their sin in whosoever by faith will believe in Him. Those of faith come to Him and will receive the promise of eternal life with Him having no part of the second death in God's time of judgement.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

In order to inherit the kingom of God and have eternal life with Jesus we have to first be Spiritually born again from above, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9-10. Jesus is not going to force anyone to believe, even though through His death all can come to Him. Through the life, death and resurrection of Christ He has made this possible for all who by faith will believe in Him, John 3:16. We are Spiritually made new again as we have Spiritually risen with Christ and seek those things from above where Christ now sits at the right hand of God, Colossians 3:1-17. The old man (flesh) has now become Spiritually alive in Christ who tasted death for all who will by faith repent and turn back to Him and walk in obedience to His commands.
Why do you say "Spiritually" reborn and "Spiritually" made new?
Were they not "actual" events in your life?

I gave you my scriptural proof that Christs death delivers from death, you either accept it or not.

What is also called an idol by Christians?
People who have never heard of Christ who worship anything. What you referred to as "The Great Spirit is the concept of a life force, a Supreme being or god known as Wakan Tanka in Lakota, Gitche Manitou in Algonquian, and by other, specific names in a number Native American and First Nations cultures. "
It's all by faith in the OT and the NT.
Agreed ... and faith requires something to believe (knowledge) and billions have no knowledge of Christ and therefore cannot be saved. (John 14:6)

Do you believe those in the OT before the coming of Messiah are not saved?
I have been referring to New Testament saints as we have more information/knowledge of God and His requirements for salvation. It is unclear what the contents of O.T. saints was. Perhaps you have an example of an O.T. person who never heard of God save from 'general revelation' that is saved?

Do you believe one who has been a Muslim all their life can not come to Christ and be saved?
He cannot "come to Christ" if he never hears of Christ .... this being germaine to your question of me.
I am still waiting for you explanation of how a person who never hears of Christ is saved. Is it by faith and if so what is the content of the faith (what must one believe and not believe to be saved).

I gave you my scriptural proof that Christs death delivers from death, you either accept it or not.
No one is questioning that as it is a truth. What I am questioning is do you believe everyone since the time of Christ death and resurrection will be saved since Jesus tasted death for everyone?

Back