Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

Hopeful

From
Arizona
Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation, and that Christianity is the only true religion or worldview.
  • John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe [that would be anyone that never heard of Christ] stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
  • John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
  • Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men [it is obvious the knowledge of Christ has NOT been given to all men] by which we must be saved.
  • 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
  • 1 John 5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Premise 1: scripture says: hoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
Premise 2: Many have never heard of Christ
Conclusion: There are exclusions. Christ did not taste (die for) death for everyone
Abraham never heard of Christ.
Neither did Isaac or Jacob, or Noah or Elijah or Able or Enoch.
They lived their lives doing what was written in their hearts.
His sacrifice is available to all men.
If you want to exclude men from salvation just because they never heard of Jesus...we disagree.

Hopeful

From
Arizona
I have pointed out that through the works of the law no one is saved per scripture. You still maintain one can be saved by being a good person (clear conscience)
That makes it pretty tough for Abraham and Isaac then.
no relevant to salvation for everyone being possible
Irrelevant. It is what God commands, not rules of men.
Irrelevant. God law is written on everyone's heart per Romans 1

You misunderstand the scripture I sent.
There is more than the giving of things to Christ (though we give Him nothing) that would make me important to Christ. I am important because He is glorified by His giving to me, not His receiving from me. Have you not read that it is better to give than receive. (besides, as usual, you did not address the verses I gave as evidence of the truth of my statement. (Aside: just like you haven't given scripture saying men can be saved without Christ by have a clear conscience ... though I admit, you think you have)

Fastfredy0

Supporter
From
Chandler, Tx
Abraham never heard of Christ.
Neither did Isaac or Jacob, or Noah or Elijah or Able or Enoch.
They lived their lives doing what was written in their hearts.
His sacrifice is available to all men.
I am talking post Christ's incarnation (to keep it simple). All the verses I listed saying one cannot be saved without knowledge of Christ were written post incarnation.

There are NO verses saying one can be saved by having a clear conscience which is your contention.

Hopeful

From
Arizona
I am talking post Christ's incarnation (to keep it simple). All the verses I listed saying one cannot be saved without knowledge of Christ were written post incarnation.

There are NO verses saying one can be saved by having a clear conscience which is your contention.
That is indeed my opinion, but I also know nobody can do it.
Very few anyway, as I believe Elijah, John the Baptist, and perhaps the prophet Saul never offended their consciences.

Who do you suppose Paul is referring to in Romans 2:14-16?
"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel." ?
If a man doesn't commit sin, he will be found innocent of sinning, at the last judgement.

brightfame52

From
Atlanta
Who are the every man of Heb 2:9 ? 2

Let us continue to look at this verse Heb 2:9 to determine who the all or every are, due to the context, we have looked at it to mean every sheep of His because of Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Now since He was brought from the dead [after tasting death Heb 2:9] as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, then its quite reasonable to conclude that is whom He tasted death for in Heb 2:9 which is collaborated from other scripture Jn 10:11,15 !

But lets again examine the context of the Book of Hebrews when it reads thusly Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

The phrase " offered to bear the sins of many" is equivalent to tasting death Heb 2:9, so since here in Heb 9:28 the tasting of death is for the many, hence its quite reasonable to conclude that the every man in Heb 2:9 are the Many, or simply He tasted death for all of the many !

The many here in Heb 9:28 is actually the many ' To Pollon "

οὕτως ὁ Χριστός ἅπαξ προσενεχθεὶς εἰς τὸ πολλῶν ἀνενεγκεῖν ἁμαρτίας ἐκ δευτέρου χωρὶς ἁμαρτίας ὀφθήσεται τοῖς αὐτὸν ἀπεκδεχομένοις εἰς σωτηρίαν

The definite article is present to specify a definite group that constitutes the many, which opposes all without exception. The word does however denote a great number that do constitute the many, such as Rev 7:9

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

The same no doubt as those of Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

So the every man in Heb 2:9 is simply all or everyone of the Many, for once again the word pas means most definitely :

II.collectively
A.
some of all types

So all the many out of all types of kindred, tongue and people and nations ! Yet that does not mean everyone without exception !