Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• We stand with Ukraine. Please consider supporting Ukraine through a qualified organization.
  • Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

wondering

CF Ambassador
From
Italy
No, I'm not saying that. I used that to illustrate the flaw in your doctrine that salvation is dependent upon someone believing. I was saying that according to your belief that to become saved someone must first believe even after Christ died. My belief is that God chose before the foundation of the world only (and all) those who would be saved and placed those names into His will. That means everyone who will be saved was already in the will at time of the death of Christ. You however, believe salvation it is still possible for those NOT in the will through their belief. Were that true, (which it isn't), per your logic (not mine), no one after Christ's death could be saved because the will was closed at His death and new names could not be added to it. Understand?
Wills are opened upon the testators death,,,not closed.

They become valid.

Do you know what that Will stated?
Could you state it?

P.S.
Of course I'm speaking of the Will that became valid at Christ's death...known as the New Covenant or New Testament.

Last edited:

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
From
Houston Texas
When Christ died no further heirs could be added to God's will,

No one is an heir, a joint with Christ without becoming sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:26

No one becomes a son of God except by hearing and believing the message of Christ: the gospel of your salvation.

And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?

JLB

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
Staff member
Administrator
From
South Carolina
Christian
Yes
Calvin? How did he enter into this discussion? I can see this is becoming unfruitful at this point so not much use in continuing any further.
It's because Calvin taught Election by predestination which you are trying to teach in this thread which comes against scripture. What you are teaching is unfruitful as it comes against scripture. You are not the first nor the last that will try to teach these false doctrines.

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
From
Houston Texas
This thread has run its course.

The teaching that a person is saved without hearing and believing the message of Christ, the Gospel of our salvation is not a biblical doctrine and will not be allowed to be promoted here at this Forum Community.

JLB

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
Staff member
Administrator
From
South Carolina
Christian
Yes
Paul is speaking in Romans to those already saved. They were joint heirs with Christ because their names were already in God's will. That their names were in the will was why they had become saved.
No one was saved prior to Christ death and resurrection until the day of Pentecost where Jesus told the disciples to wait for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit before they were sent out into the world to preach the Gospel. Faith comes by hearing when we first believed in Christ.

Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

We do not become joint heirs with Christ until we first believe and are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We have to believe first as faith comes by hearing the gospel preached to us. If we do not believe the gospel that was preached to us then that means we do not believe, have no faith and will never be joint heirs with Christ.

God and Jesus are very much alive so what is this will you speak of.