Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Tasted Death for every Man !

Obedience is a fruit of the Spirit of God in Christians for the Apostle wrote "Christ, foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that the faith of you and hope are in God, the souls of you having purified in the obedience to the truth through Spirit, into a sincere love of the brethren (1 Peter 1:19-22).

Obedience is a result of the indwelling Holy Spirit in concurrence with Salvation; therefore, your "Salvation is conditional on obedience" is the opposite of Apostolic testimony.

The Spirit leads, but only as we, by faith, drink, live, walk, and sow to the Spirit who dwells in and leads those who believe.
  • The Spirit will not drink of the Spirit for you (John 7:37-38).
  • The Spirit does not live in the Spirit, putting to death the misdeeds of the body, for you (Romans 8:11-12; Galatians 5:24-25).
  • The Spirit will not walk in the Spirit for you (Romans 8:3-4; Galatians 5:24-25).
  • The Spirit will not sow to the Spirit for you (Galatians 6:7-9).
John 7:37-38 (WEB) 37 Now on the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.

Romans 8:3-4 [writing to Christians] (WEB) 3 For what the law couldn’t do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh; 4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:12-14 (NIV) [writing to Christians] 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, {{{we}}} have an obligation – but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit {{{you}}} put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Galatians 5:19-25 (WEB) [writing to Christians] 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Salvation being 100% God's work by the indwelling Spirit conditional upon the Christian remaining in The Faith - living, walking, sowing to the Spirit – these are the Christians whom the Spirit gives eternal life.

Galatians 6:7-9 (WEB) [writing to Christians] Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{{from the Spirit}}} reap eternal life. 9 {{Let us}} not be weary in doing good, for we will {{{reap}}} in due season, {{{if we do not give up}}}.

Those who possess a Gospel Faith are called “Christians.” A Christian is literally a disciple of Lord Jesus – one who listens to and follows Lord Jesus (John 10:27-29). Who is a true Christian?

Acts 11:26 (EWEB) The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Matthew 28:19-20 (EWEB) 19 Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you.

The Spirit leads, but only as we, by faith, drink, live, walk, and sow to the Spirit who dwells in and leads those who believe.
  • The Spirit will not drink of the Spirit for you (John 7:37-38).
  • The Spirit does not live in the Spirit, putting to death the misdeeds of the body, for you (Romans 8:11-12; Galatians 5:24-25).
  • The Spirit will not walk in the Spirit for you (Romans 8:3-4; Galatians 5:24-25).
  • The Spirit will not sow to the Spirit for you (Galatians 6:7-9).
John 7:37-38 (WEB) 37 Now on the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.

Romans 8:3-4 [writing to Christians] (WEB) 3 For what the law couldn’t do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh; 4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:12-14 (NIV) [writing to Christians] 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, {{{we}}} have an obligation – but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit {{{you}}} put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Galatians 5:19-25 (WEB) [writing to Christians] 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Salvation being 100% God's work by the indwelling Spirit conditional upon the Christian remaining in The Faith - living, walking, sowing to the Spirit – these are the Christians whom the Spirit gives eternal life.

Galatians 6:7-9 (WEB) [writing to Christians] Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{{from the Spirit}}} reap eternal life. 9 {{Let us}} not be weary in doing good, for we will {{{reap}}} in due season, {{{if we do not give up}}}.

Those who possess a Gospel Faith are called “Christians.” A Christian is literally a disciple of Lord Jesus – one who listens to and follows Lord Jesus (John 10:27-29). Who is a true Christian?

Matthew 28:19-20 (EWEB) 19 Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you.
So do you condition salvation and going to heaven on man ? Yes or No please

So then everyone Christ tasted death for shall by that death for them, be brought to Glory, Heaven Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

So then everyone Christ tasted death for shall by that death for them, be brought to Glory, Heaven Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
Lord Jesus tasted death for every person, but only those who believe are saved by Lord Jesus' death - these are the sons of God.

John 3:14-18 (WEB) 14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the {{{Son of Man be lifted up,}}} 15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he {{{gave his one and only Son,}}} that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

Galatians 3:26 (WEB) 26 For you are all {{{children of God,}}} through faith in Christ Jesus.

"1 Peter 1:4-5 " tells me that God power onto salvation is kept by our faith in Lord Jesus.

And there are many Passages like this, warning the believers to remain in the faith and so be saved. In fact, I am going to devote this message just to show you some of these Passages, but there are many others - OT and NT. For instance:

Reply 1 (due to size limitation)

(Hmm, ok, you're using the ole avalanche of verses technique?) Fine, but then I'll ask you to closely read and consider my replies as I've invested significant time and effort in composing them.)

No, it says that faith is kept by God in those saved unto salvation: it is by God, not by us. God is the guarantor of faith, we are not. This is confirmed by this verse:

[Phl 1:6 KJV] 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:
Romans 1:16-17 (WEB) 16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, because it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek. 17 For in it is revealed God’s righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, “But the righteous

The key to 1:16 is the phrase "everyone who believes". True belief is given by God as fruit of the Holy Spirit from being born-again - it is not by or from us. Therefore, the ones in view in the verse are those whom Christ's faith has been reckoned to. They, and they alone, are truly able to know and believe that Christ is the power of God unto salvation.

The key to 1:17 is "faith to faith". It is saying exactly what I said to you in my prior post: that faith is imputed by Christ (the faith), to those whom He has chosen to receive it (to faith).

Romans 11:19-22 (ESV) [Paul speaking to the Church of believers] Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

As I mentioned in my prior post, it is an admonition which only the saved will/can truly hear and follow. They learn through admonitions. They do so, not to be saved, but because they are saved. They hear the Shepards voice in them and they follow Him because, they, and they alone, recognize and know His voice. Remember, just because someone becomes saved, doesn't mean they immediately know all Christian doctrine - it is a learning process throughout their lives. That's why God appointed teachers, though whom, Jesus speaks to them, and thereby through them they learn and come to true spiritual wisdom.

ditto Luke 21:34 -36.
ditto Matthew 24:11-13 (remember those whom God has begun a good work in, they will, and must, endure to the end because it is by God, not by them.

Philippians 3:10-12
You forgot to include 3:9 which sets the stage for 3:10 -12. Further read 3:12 closely (below), it tells us that it was not because of Paul, but because he had been apprehended by God.

[Phl 3:9 KJV]
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 4:16

4:14 tells us that it had been given as a gift to those of 4:16: that it was ALREADY in them. It again demonstrates that they were being taught/informed of Christian doctrines by Timothy, through which, they would "continue in them". Only those born again can "hear" spiritually.

The "save" of the verse, is of the final manifestation of salvation, which occurs at the end of time, it is not the spiritual salvation which occurs to someone during their lifetime - that salvation had already occurred.

[1Ti 4:14 KJV] 14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
[1Ti 4:16 KJV] 16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
[1Co 5:5 KJV] 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Timothy 6:18-19 (WEB) 18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to share; 19 laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold of eternal life.
The keywords in those verses are "they" and "themselves". Timothy is referring back to those of verse 6:17, not those to whom he was addressing directly. The foundation is Christ. For Christ to be one's foundation, He must be given to them; He cannot be abducted by them, and through whom, is eternal life laid hold of. The "good works", etc, are in the sharing with non-believes the gospel of Christ, doing so does not earn salvation. Only the elect of 6:17 will follow Timothy's admonition, the non-elect can't and won't.

Hebrews 6:11-12 (WEB) [Directed to the Church of believers] 11 We desire that each one of you may show the same diligence to the fullness of hope even to the end, 12 that you won’t be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and perseverance inherited the promises.
More admonitions as were explained previously.

Hebrews 12:14-16 (WEB) [Directed to the Church of believers] 14 Follow after peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no man will see the Lord, 15 looking carefully lest there be any man who falls short of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and many be defiled by it, 16 lest there be any sexually immoral person, or profane person, like Esau, who sold his birthright for one meal.
The keyword of 12:14 is "peace". The peace that in view is the peace between God and man brough forth by Christ, not between men. The "with all" means to be of: a part of them; the "all" then being all whom the Father gave to the Son for salvation.
The "sanctification" is the sanctification that Christ gives to His elect. Man cannot sanctify himself.
Without being part of the "all" - those who were covered under that peace (the elect) - cannot see the Lord.
The elect/saved would never sell their birthright because they, having been given a renewed mind by God, and thereby an understanding salvation, would never desire nor seek to do so. Only would the non-elect and the not saved, as was Esau.

Hebrews 5:9 [Directed to the Church of believers] Having been made perfect, he became to all of who obey him the author of eternal salvation

The book of Romans explains what it means that someone is obedient. Notice the "being then made free from sin": they were MADE free from sin - they didn't make themselves free from sin. Also notice the "obeyed from the heart".
One can only obey from the heart, if, and after, it is renewed by God by the Holy Spirit through becoming born again. Otherwise, the heart remains deceitful.
True obedience is obedience unto the faith, and which faith and obedience is a gift of God through the fruit of the Spirit.

[Jer 17:9 KJV]
9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

[Rom 1:4-5 KJV]
4 And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

[Rom 6:15-18 KJV]
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

"1 Peter 1:4-5 " tells me that God power onto salvation is kept by our faith in Lord Jesus.
Reply 2 (hope I got all of the cutting and pasting correct - I'm usually not too good at it. If something doesn't
seem to mesh, let me know.

James 1:12 (WEB) [Directed to the Church of believers] 12 Blessed is a person who endures temptation, for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to those who love him.

The key to the verse is in the "blessed is a person". It is not saying that the person is blessed because they endure temptation; instead, it is saying that a person is first blessed by God to endure temptation - in order to be able to do so, they had been blessed by God with salvation/becoming born again.

2 Peter 1:8-11 (WEB) [Peter to the Church of believers] 8 For if these things are yours and abound, they make you to not be idle or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is blind, seeing only what is near, having forgotten the cleansing from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, be more diligent to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never stumble. 11 For thus you will be richly supplied with the entrance into the Eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

The key to verse 1:8 is the "these things are yours". IOW, they already possessed them. Those who do not have them are "blind". They who do, are "brothers" and "sisters" of Christ, and by Him are in the faith.

The book of Philippians explains this further. Notice that it is God which works in someone to both will and do of His good pleasure.

[Phl 2:12-13 KJV]
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

2 Peter 3:17 (WEB) [Peter to the Church of believers] 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing these things beforehand, beware, lest being carried away with the error of the wicked, you fall from your own steadfastness.

Admonition. Those saved, having been warned, through Christ, will look for and avoid those things. The
unsaved, will not and will fall from their steadfastness. Not everyone who claims to be a
Christian is one - those having a faith not of God, but instead of their own intellect, eventually will all fall away. Observe:

[Luk 8:13 KJV] 13 They on the rock [are they], which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Jude 1:21 (WEB) [Jude to the Church of believers] 21 Keep yourselves in God’s love, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.

Those saved, even though saved, continually look to, and think about, the mercy of Jesus Christ.
Eternal life is by the mercy of Jesus Christ, it is not by themselves. Notice below the
"him that is able to keep you from falling". That means those who follow the admonition, do so,
because it is Christ within them who keeps them from falling. This also applies to the other admonitions
(Identified previously), and in fact, should be understood as the foundation of all admonitions within the Bible.

[1Ti 4:15 KJV]
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

[Jde 1:24 KJV] 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Revelation 3:11 (WEB) 11 Hold firmly that which you have, so that no one takes your crown.

You need to consider 3:10 in relation to that verse.
It tells us that, since Christ will keep them from the hour of their temptation, it was He who ALSO made them keep the word of His patience. That is, because He made the first to happen, He will also make the second to happen.

We can know this because Christ used the word "ALSO" - He will ALSO keep them from the hour of temptation: He causes both to occur. All is by Christ; none by them (or us).

[Rev 3:10 KJV] 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Revelation 3:3-5 (WEB) 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If therefore you won’t watch, I will come as a thief, and you won’t know what hour I will come upon you. 4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that didn’t defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

More admonition/teaching given to the saved. We can know that from 3:6 - only those saved are given spiritual ears that can hear. The saved alone conform to, and they alone are able to conform to that admonition.

[Rev 3:6 KJV] 6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

So, wherever you observe "falling away" elsewhere in the Bible, know that it is because of Christ
that the saved will be kept from doing so.

[Jde 1:24 KJV] 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding jo

Lord Jesus tasted death for every person, but only those who believe are saved by Lord Jesus' death - these are the sons of God.

John 3:14-18 (WEB) 14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the {{{Son of Man be lifted up,}}} 15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he {{{gave his one and only Son,}}} that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

Galatians 3:26 (WEB) 26 For you are all {{{children of God,}}} through faith in Christ Jesus.
You in error, Christ tasted death for them He brings to Glory Heb 2:9-10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through suffering

The ones He brings to glory will believe, believing is part of His Gift of Salvation which brings them to Glory.

No Scripture states man leads the Glorious Holy Spirit of the Living God - not even a single passage you presented says man leads God, so you conjured up a tradition of men leading to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

The Word of God says God causes us believers to believe in Jesus whom the has sent with "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29), not man controlling faith/belief in a person, but in Truth (John 14:6) God controls faith/belief in the children of God!

Let you and I step through some of the verses you presented for you to contradict the Apostle Peter's words of "God, the souls of you having purified in the obedience to the truth through Spirit, into a sincere love of the brethren" (1 Peter 1:21-22).

The Spirit will not drink of the Spirit for you (John 7:37-38).

The Spirit causes me to drink of the Spirit (John 7:37-39). You stopped prematurely at verse 38. Behold, the words of Christ saying the deed of coming to Christ is wrought in God as well as the deed of practicing obedience is wrought in God:

he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God
(John 3:21)

Your premise is non-sequitor.

The Spirit does not live in the Spirit, putting to death the misdeeds of the body, for you (Romans 8:11-12; Galatians 5:24-25).

The Spirit does dwell in us born of God purifying us even causing fruit of the Spirit (1 Peter 1:21-22; Galatians 2:22-23; Romans 8:11-13; Galatians 5:24-25).

Your writing is non-sequitor.

The Spirit of God is LIFE and ALIVE, so you are in error!

The Spirit will not walk in the Spirit for you (Romans 8:3-4; Galatians 5:24-25).

The Spirit causes us to walk in the Spirit (John 3:21; 1 Peter 1:21-22; Romans 8:3-4; Galatians 5:24-25).

Your writing is non-sequitor.

The Spirit will not sow to the Spirit for you (Galatians 6:7-9).

The Spirit causes us Christians to sow to the Spirit (John 3:21; 1 Peter 1:21-22; Galatians 5:22-23; Galatians 6:7-9).

Your writing is error.

No, it says that faith is kept by God in those saved unto salvation: it is by God, not by us. God is the guarantor of faith, we are not. This is confirmed by this verse:

[Phl 1:6 KJV] 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:
He began a good work in who? Answer: In you (the believers) whom Philippians is written to. As we continue in the faith, manifested by drinking (John 7:37), living (Galatians 5:24-25), walking (Romans 8:2-4; Romans 8:12-14), sowing (Galatians 6:7-9) to the Spirit, God continues to do His good work in us. God leads the believer as the believer continues in the faith demonstrated by following.

But not every Christian will continue in the faith. Christians can grieve (Ephesians 4:17-32; Isaiah 63:10); quench (1 Thessalonians 5:19); insult (Hebrews 10:24-31); resist (Act 7:51), reject (1 Thessalonians 4:1-8), lie to (Acts 5:3), and test (Acts 5:9) the Spirit of God that dwells in them by faith, which can lead to condemnation (Hebrews 10:24-31). The Spirit will only lead as the Christian continues in the faith manifested by walking in the Spirit.

The key to 1:16 is the phrase "everyone who believes". True belief is given by God as fruit of the Holy Spirit from being born-again - it is not by or from us. Therefore, the ones in view in the verse are those whom Christ's faith has been reckoned to. They, and they alone, are truly able to know and believe that Christ is the power of God unto salvation.

The key to 1:17 is "faith to faith". It is saying exactly what I said to you in my prior post: that faith is imputed by Christ (the faith), to those whom He has chosen to receive it (to faith).
"Romans 1:16-17" plainly states that the power of God onto Salvation is through faith. Almost identical language used in "1 Peter" except that "Romans 1:16" makes plain that this is a person's own faith.

1 Peter 1:5 (KJV)
5 Who are kept by the {{{power of God}}} through faith {{{unto salvation}}} ready to be revealed in the last time.

Romans 1:16-17 (KJV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the {{{power of God}}} {{{unto salvation}}} to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith [Habakkuk 2:4].

"from faith to faith" clearly means that one's faith must continue - from beginning to end - the power of God onto salvation is a possession of those who believe and remain faithful to the very end - "The just shall live by faith."

Habakkuk 2:4 (WEB) 4 Behold, his soul is puffed up. It is not upright in him, but the righteous will live by his faith.

If you choose to reinterpret these clear Scriptures to make them fit your doctrine, that is on you. But anyone with an objective mind can see what the Passages plainly state.

As I mentioned in my prior post, it is an admonition which only the saved will/can truly hear and follow. They learn through admonitions. They do so, not to be saved, but because they are saved.
They repent and believe first - which is a commitment to renounce the old master, and now live to follow Lord Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20) - that is what Baptism represents (Romans 6). All those with a Gospel Faith are the ones God saves (Romans 6).

They hear the Shepards voice in them and they follow Him because, they, and they alone, recognize and know His voice.
The sheep who believe (John 10:26), evidenced by listening to and following him (John 10:27), are the true believers whom Lord Jesus grants eternal life. That is what the Passage plainly states. But, just as sheep will go astray, so do Christians today. And, sometimes, they are destroyed (Hebrews 10:24-31).

Acts 20:29-33 (WEB) 29 For I know that after my departure, vicious wolves will enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Men will arise from among your own selves, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, remembering that for a period of three years I didn’t cease to admonish everyone night and day with tears.

2 Corinthians 11:4 (WEB) 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

2 Timothy 3:4-5 (WEB) 3 For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn away to fables.

1 Timothy 4:1 (WEB) 1 But the Spirit says expressly that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons

1 Timothy 6:20-21 (WEB) 20 Timothy, guard that which is committed to you, turning away from the empty chatter and oppositions of what is falsely called knowledge, 21 which some profess, and thus have wandered from the faith.

2 Timothy 2:16-18 (WEB) 16 But shun empty chatter, for it will go further in ungodliness, 17 and those words will consume like gangrene, of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus: 18 men who have erred concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past, and overthrowing the faith of some.

2 Timothy 4:9-10 (WEB) 9 Be diligent to come to me soon, 10 for Demas left me, having loved this present world, and went to Thessalonica

2 Peter 2:1-3 (WEB) But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words.

I will respond to the rest of your messages at a convenient time. As for now, I have an appointment.

Blessings

But not every Christian will continue in the faith.

If they don't continue in the faith, then they were never true Christians who were made so by God, hence the "eternal" in eternal salvation.

As I said in my prior post (which I guess you didn't read), there are those who claim to believe in Christ but are not actually truly saved, born-again believers, which is evidenced by them falling away. Their faith is not a true faith given by God but manufactured of themselves. I posted verses that show that true believers are unconditionally kept by the power of God, not of themselves. Verse 4 makes it beyond debate that they are kept by God, by stating that their inheritance is reserved for them (specifically for the "you") in heaven. If it wasn't by God, or it wasn't eternal, then it couldn't be reserved for them (the "you"). The "for you" of verse 4 links directly to the "who are" of verse 5. There can be no debate about that. I don't see how it could possibly be any clearer.

Observe:

[1Pe 1:4-5 KJV]
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

[Luk 8:13 KJV] 13 They on the rock [are they], which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Look, setst777, I posted those same verses to you before which answered the point you raise above, but I guess you either didn't read them, or if you did read them, you didn't focus on them. I'd rather not have to repost the same stuff repeatedly if you're not going to follow along as it takes me time and effort to do so. Therefore, for now, I'll just let it go with this reply.

Last edited:
The "everyone" is everyone the Father gave to the Son for salvation. No others.

[Jhn 6:39 KJV] 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Like so many man made doctrines, you just inserted your own words into scripture, then used another scripture, out of the context of Hebrews 2:9.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. Hebrews 2:9

There is no mention of ”everyone the Father gave to the Son” in Hebrews 2:9.

Just the word everyone.

JLB

Like so many man made doctrines, you just inserted your own words into scripture, then used another scripture, out of the context of Hebrews 2:9.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. Hebrews 2:9

There is no mention of ”everyone the Father gave to the Son” in Hebrews 2:9.

Just the word everyone.

JLB

Oh, my! Inserted my own words? C'mon, really? Look again and no cigar for you! It's exactly the same word with different cases. In those verses, the case doesn't alter meaning: all = everyone; everyone = all - sameo-sameo.
It's mind-boggling that you would actually think that those who Jesus died for can or would be more or other than those whom the Father gave to the Son specifically for the purpose of being saved. They alone are those who will be raised on the last day. For conformation, look at Heb 2:10. Those of the "everyone' of 2:9, actually translates to the "many" of 2:10 - many does not equate to "everyone" (everyone ever born) - "many" is less than your incorrect presumption of "everyone". The "many" of 2:10, on the other hand, is totally consistent with the "all" of
John 6:37 in that the many (a subset of everyone born) are only those whom the Father gave to the Son.

[Heb 2:10 KJV] 10 For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

It is not inserting words, nor taking anything out of context, to follow the biblical rule of comparing the spiritual with the spiritual (which the Holy Spirit moves those saved to do and to find), and which those two verses provide for each other. In case you don't know it, God wrote the Bible as one completely and perfectly integrated book, from start to end. But based upon you comment, you apparently do not know that nor believe in following biblical instruction, and thereby, you come away without finding true spiritual meaning. You shouldn't just throw accusations out there to try to force the Bible into your perception of what you think it should mean rather than of what it actually does mean. Next time, try to be more careful.

ALL:

pas
  1. individually
    1. each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything
  2. collectively
    1. some of all types

EVERYONE:

pas

1. individually
    1. each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything
  2. collectively
    1. some of all types

Last edited:
setst777 said:
Romans 11:19-22 (ESV) [Paul speaking to the Church of believers] Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off
As I mentioned in my prior post, it is an admonition which only the saved will/can truly hear and follow. They learn through admonitions. They do so, not to be saved, but because they are saved. They hear the Shepards voice in them and they follow Him because, they, and they alone, recognize and know His voice. Remember, just because someone becomes saved, doesn't mean they immediately know all Christian doctrine - it is a learning process throughout their lives. That's why God appointed teachers, though whom, Jesus speaks to them, and thereby through them they learn and come to true spiritual wisdom.

True, Paul is instructing those who already truly believe and are saved. What does he instruct them? He is saying, "do not become proud, but fear," because if he did not spare the natural branches who fell, then he certainly is not going to spare you. So, Paul admonishes the true Believers to remain in the faith so that we may continue in his kindness; otherwise, they too will be cut off.

Any attempt, by you, to water the plain and important warning down, is a dis-service to Lord Jesus and the Gospel. How many Calvinists, who believe they are elect, but are living in some sin in their lives, think they are saved, and can never lose their salvation, because they believe who Jesus is and believe the Gospel. They think they can never lose their salvation, but they will be surprised, and who will be responsible for their rejection? - people like you.

Philippians 3:10-12
You forgot to include 3:9 which sets the stage for 3:10 -12. Further read 3:12 closely (below), it tells us that it was not because of Paul, but because he had been apprehended by God.

[Phl 3:9 KJV]
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Nothing is forgotten. The Gospel would never be a reality except for the continued faith of the incarnate Logos, Lord Jesus, obeying and fulfilling all that God, his Father, willed.

We are to possess the same faith as Lord Jesus had in the Father when he was on earth – a faith demonstrated in obedience. Nothing in the Scriptures teach that God gives us faith unto salvation, rather, we are to believe so that we may be saved (John 3:16).

1 John 2:4-6 (WEB) 5 This is how we know that we are in him: 6 he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk {{just like he walked}}.

1 John 3:16 (WEB) 16 By this we know love, because {{{he laid down his life for us}}}. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.

Revelation 3:21 (WEB) 21 He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, {{as I also overcame}}, and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Matthew 10:38 (WEB) 38 He who does not take his cross and {{follow after me}} is not worthy of me.

John 10:27-28 (WEB) 27 My sheep listen my voice, and I know them, and they {{follow me}}. 28 I give eternal life to them.

John 15:10 (WEB) 10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love; even as I {{have kept my Father’s commandments, and remain in his love}}.

1 Peter 2:21 (WEB) 21 For you were called to this, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving you {{{an example, that you should follow}}} {{in his steps}}, 22 who didn’t sin, “neither was deceit found in his mouth.” [Isaiah 53:9]

1 Timothy 4:16
4:14 tells us that it had been given as a gift to those of 4:16: that it was ALREADY in them. It again demonstrates that they were being taught/informed of Christian doctrines by Timothy, through which, they would "continue in them". Only those born again can "hear" spiritually.

No one in the entire Bible is given the faith to believe by laying on of hands. The “gift” by laying on of hands, is Timothy’s leadership position in the Church.

The gift Timothy received as a believer has nothing to do with Paul’s warning to Timothy to remain in the doctrine he received so that he may save himself.

The "save" of the verse, is of the final manifestation of salvation, which occurs at the end of time, it is not the spiritual salvation which occurs to someone during their lifetime - that salvation had already occurred.
I agree.

1 Timothy 6:18-19 (WEB) 18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to share; 19 laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold of eternal life.

The keywords in those verses are "they" and "themselves". Timothy is referring back to those of verse 6:17, not those to whom he was addressing directly. The foundation is Christ. For Christ to be one's foundation, He must be given to them; He cannot be abducted by them, and through whom, is eternal life laid hold of. The "good works", etc, are in the sharing with non-believes the gospel of Christ, doing so does not earn salvation. Only the elect of 6:17 will follow Timothy's admonition, the non-elect can't and won't.

That is not the context. "1 Timothy 6:17-19" is one sentence.
The subject are the rich believers within Timothy's church).
The context of the sentence, is plain to understand, that it needs no interpretation for those who understand how to communicate.

1 Timothy 6:17-19 (WEB) [[Timothy, as the leader of a church is to admonish those rich believers in the his church.]] 17 Charge those who are rich in this present world that they not be arrogant, nor have their hope set on the uncertainty of riches, but on the living God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy; 18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to share; 19 laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold of eternal life.

A true faith in Christ by which God saves us is a new life that is always manifest in a life of good works (Matthew 25:31-46; Luke 6:46-49; Acts 26:20; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 2:13-14; Galatians 6:7-9, etc.) as followers of Lord Jesus (John 10:27-29).

More admonitions as were explained previously.

The keyword of 12:14 is "peace". The peace that in view is the peace between God and man brough forth by Christ, not between men.

Actually, Paul is instructing the believers, of themselves, are to follow after peace with all men. . .
Hebrews 12:14-16 (WEB) [Directed to the Church of believers] 14 Follow after peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no man will see the Lord, 15 looking carefully lest there be any man who falls short of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and many be defiled by it, 16 lest there be any sexually immoral person, or profane person, like Esau, who sold his birthright for one meal.

Continued. . .

The "sanctification" is the sanctification that Christ gives to His elect. Man cannot sanctify himself.

Paul is instructing them to live sanctified lives, not that Christ gives to them. Yes, God sanctifies to himself those who first sanctify themselves to Lord Jesus by faith.

2 Timothy 2:19-21 (WEB) 19 However God’s firm foundation stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are his,” [Numbers 16:5] and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness.” 20 Now in a large house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of clay. Some are for honor, and some for dishonor. 21 If anyone therefore purges himself from these, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, and suitable for the master’s use, prepared for every good work.

As well, Christians are taught to live sanctified lives onto God, walking, living, sowing to His Spirit, which is the responsibility of all believers.

Romans 8:12-13 (EWEB) 12 So then, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if you live after the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Galatians 6:8-9 (WEB) (Instruction to believers) 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we do not give up.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 (EWEB) 3 For this is the will of God: your sanctification, that you abstain from sexual immorality, 4 that each one of you know how to control his own body in sanctification and honor, 5 not in the passion of lust, even as the Gentiles who don’t know God, 6 that no one should take advantage of and wrong a brother or sister in this matter; because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as also we forewarned you and testified. 7 For God called us not for uncleanness, but in sanctification. 8 Therefore he who rejects this doesn’t reject man, {{but God}}, who has also given his Holy Spirit to you.

Without being part of the "all" - those who were covered under that peace (the elect) - cannot see the Lord.

Just your words. To be part of the “all,” to have God’s peace, the believer is to remain in the faith or we will be cut off : Romans 11:19-22

The elect/saved would never sell their birthright because they, having been given a renewed mind by God, and thereby an understanding salvation, would never desire nor seek to do so. Only would the non-elect and the not saved, as was Esau.

Paul gave the example of Esau for a reason, within the context. The reason was, in context, to be a warning to Christians, lest they think they can continue in sin and still remain saved. Paul says that is not the Gospel; rather, they are to remain sanctified to be saved. Let the context be your guide. Just read what is plainly written objectively:

The book of Romans explains what it means that someone is obedient. Notice the "being then made free from sin": they were MADE free from sin - they didn't make themselves free from sin. Also notice the "obeyed from the heart".

Yes, “Romans 6:18, 24” does teach we are made free from sin, but how?

Romans 6” answers that as well, but you have to read it in context. We are made free from sin, to be slaves of righteousness, as we refuse to let sin reign in our bodies, and instead present ourselves as slaves to righteousness unto sanctification. That is what Paul is instructing Christians to do. Paul is not instructing God, but Christians.

Romans 6:1-25 (WEB) [Paul teaching believers]
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 May it never be! We who died to sin, how could we live in it any longer?

3 Or don’t you know that all we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will also be part of his resurrection; 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him, that the body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be in bondage to sin.

7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 But if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him; 9 knowing that Christ, being raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over him! 10 For the death that he died, he died to sin one time; but the life that he lives, he lives to God. 11 Thus consider yourselves also to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Therefore don’t let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
13 Also, do not present your members to sin as instruments of unrighteousness,
but present yourselves to God as alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin will not have dominion over you. For you are not under law, but under grace.

15 What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under law, but under grace? May it never be! 16 Don’t you know that when you present yourselves as servants and obey someone, you are the servants of whomever you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God, that, whereas you were bondservants of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were delivered. 18 {{{Being made free from sin, you became bondservants of righteousness.}}}

19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh, for as you presented your members as servants to uncleanness and to wickedness upon wickedness, even so now present your members as servants to righteousness for sanctification. 20 For when you were servants of sin, you were free from righteousness. 21 What fruit then did you have at that time in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now, being made free from sin and having become servants of God, you have your fruit of sanctification and the result of eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Continued. . .

One can only obey from the heart, if, and after, it is renewed by God by the Holy Spirit through becoming born again. Otherwise, the heart remains deceitful.

That is the heart of repentance. While the Spirit does indwell to save those who have already repented and put their faith in Lord Jesus, the Christian remains responsible for his faith, to live, walk, and sow to the Spirit so he may continue to have life from the Spirit.

True obedience is obedience unto the faith, and which faith and obedience is a gift of God through the fruit of the Spirit.

The obedience that comes from faith is each person’s responsibility, according to all the Scriptures. God hold each person responsible for his faith.

Revelation 3:11 I am coming quickly! Hold firmly that which you have, so that no one takes your crown.

James 1:12-16 (EWEB) 12 Blessed is a person who endures temptation, for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to those who love him.

2 Peter 1:10-11 (EWEB) 10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, be more diligent to make your calling and election sure; for if you do these things, you will never stumble. 11 For thus you will be richly supplied with the entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Revelation 21:7 He who overcomes, I will give him these things. I will be his God, and he will be my son.

Notice the believer is responsible for His faith - from beginning to end - to be saved. The Promise is by Faith (Romans 1:16-17).

John 8:12 (WEB) He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life [regeneration].

Revelation 3:3-5 (WEB) [Lord Jesus admonishing Christians] Keep it and repent. If therefore you won’t watch, I will come as a thief, and you won’t know what hour I will come upon you.4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that did not defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life...

The believer is responsible to walk in the light, just as Lord Jesus is in the light, so that we may be cleansed of all sins we do commit in weakness. And that is what it means to accredit righteousness to those who believe.

1 John 1:5-7 (EWEB) 5 … God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don’t tell the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

By faith, the Christian is admonished to remain responsible for living a holy life before God.

1 Peter 1:13-17 (EWEB) 13 Therefore prepare your minds for action. Be sober, and set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ— 14 as children of obedience, not conforming yourselves according to your former lusts as in your ignorance, 15 but just as he who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all of your behavior; 16 because it is written, “You shall be holy; for I am holy.” [Leviticus 11:44-45 17] If you call on him as Father, who without respect of persons judges according to each man’s work, pass the time of your living as foreigners here in reverent fear.

[Jer 17:9 KJV]
9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

The heart is deceitful. No one denies that. But that does not mean every person loves being deceitful, sinful, or enslaved by sinful vices. Those who are crushed in spirit and heavy laden are the ones the Gospel is truly Good News for, because if offers the humble and crushed, and heavy laden, an escape from their guilt, shame, and slavery to the darkness the binds them.

• Matthew 11:28 (KJV) Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
  • John 7:37 (KJV) If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.
  • Luke 4:18 (KJV) The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the broken hearted
  • Acts 2:38 (KJV) Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized
  • Acts 3:19 KJV Repent therefore and be converted
  • Acts 16:31 KJV Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved
  • Acts 17:30 KJV but now commands all men everywhere to repent
  • Revelation 22:17 KJV Whoever wills, let him take the water of life freely.
  • Revelation 22:17 KJV And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
[Rom 1:4-5 KJV]
4 And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

[Rom 6:15-18 KJV]
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

The above Passages plainly teach that the Gospel calls Gentiles to obedience that comes from faith. A Gospel Faith, by which God saves us, is a faith onto obedience - to repent of following the old master of sin, and then to commit to follow Lord Jesus into a sanctified life of righteousness and love, which is what Baptism represents. And that is the faith by which the Spirit indwells us.

James 1:12 (WEB) [Directed to the Church of believers] 12 Blessed is a person who endures temptation, for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to those who love him.

The key to the verse is in the "blessed is a person". It is not saying that the person is blessed because they endure temptation; instead, it is saying that a person is first blessed by God to endure temptation - in order to be able to do so, they had been blessed by God with salvation/becoming born again.

My Reply: Look at the verse again:

James 1:12 Blessed is a person {{{who}}} endures temptation, for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to those who love him.

The Blessing and Promise are for those who love Lord Jesus demonstrated by enduring temptation. These are the ones who are approved to receive the Crown of Life.

2 Peter 1:8-11 (WEB) [Peter to the Church of believers] 8 For if these things are yours and abound, they make you to not be idle or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is blind, seeing only what is near, having forgotten the cleansing from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, be more diligent to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never stumble. 11 For thus you will be richly supplied with the entrance into the Eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

The key to verse 1:8 is the "these things are yours". IOW, they already possessed them. Those who do not have them are "blind". They who do, are "brothers" and "sisters" of Christ, and by Him are in the faith.

8 For {{{if}}} these things are yours and abound, they make you to not be idle or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

What things? Answer: Verses 5-7 teach us that the “things” believers are commanded to do so that they may make their calling and election sure, gaining entrance into the Eternal Kingdom.

2 Peter 1:5-7 (WEB) 5 Yes, and for this very cause adding {{{on your part}}} all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence; and in moral excellence, knowledge; 6 and in knowledge, self-control; and in self-control perseverance; and in perseverance godliness; 7 and in godliness brotherly affection; and in brotherly affection, love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, they make you to not be idle or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is blind, seeing only what is near, having forgotten the cleansing from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, be more diligent to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never stumble. 11 For thus you will be richly supplied with the entrance into the Eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

The book of Philippians explains this further. Notice that it is God which works in someone to both will and do of His good pleasure.

[Phl 2:12-13 KJV]
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

God’s work in us is accomplished in so far as each Christian faithfully lives by the leading of God’s indwelling Spirit, by walking in the Spirit with the same faith by which the Spirit indwelt us. But if we grieve, test, and insult the Spirit by deliberate sin, we show that we have fallen from the Faith.

Unfortunately, not all Christians will remain faithful, and so, they will grieve (Ephesians 4:17-32; Isaiah 63:10); quench (1 Thessalonians 5:19); insult (Hebrews 10:24-31); resist (Act 7:51), reject (1 Thessalonians 4:1-8), lie to (Acts 5:3), and test (Acts 5:9), the Spirit of God indwelling them, which can result in eternal punishment if not repented of (Hebrews 10:24-30); for the Spirit will only give eternal life to those Christians who continue to sow to the Spirit without giving up (Galatians 6:7-9).

2 Peter 3:17 (WEB) [Peter to the Church of believers] 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing these things beforehand, beware, lest being carried away with the error of the wicked, you fall from your own steadfastness.

Admonition. Those saved, having been warned, through Christ, will look for and avoid those things. The
unsaved, will not and will fall from their steadfastness. Not everyone who claims to be a
Christian is one - those having a faith not of God, but instead of their own intellect, eventually will all fall away. Observe:

Luke 8:13” is teaching that not all believers will remain in the faith. This has nothing to do with regeneration, or being elected. Lord Jesus is describing that not all people will believe, and those who do believe in him, not all will remain in the faith to the end, just as Lord Jesus also taught his disciples in “Luke 21:34-36,” and many others.

Luke 21:34-36 (WEB) 34 “So be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly. 35 For it will come like a snare on all those who dwell on the surface of all the earth. 36 Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

If a believer falls away from the faith, that means they were already in the faith before falling away from the faith.

Continued. . .

Jude 1:21 (WEB) [Jude to the Church of believers] 21 Keep yourselves in God’s love, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.

Those saved, even though saved, continually look to, and think about, the mercy of Jesus Christ.
Eternal life is by the mercy of Jesus Christ, it is not by themselves. Notice below the
"him that is able to keep you from falling". That means those who follow the admonition, do so,
because it is Christ within them who keeps them from falling. This also applies to the other admonitions
(Identified previously), and in fact, should be understood as the foundation of all admonitions within the Bible.

[1Ti 4:15 KJV]
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

[Jde 1:24 KJV] 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

“1 Timothy 4:15” puts the responsibility on the believer to give himself wholly. And in “Jude 1:24,” God will keep the believer from falling. However, not all believers will remain in the faith, and will fall away of their own will because of temptation, false doctrine, or willfuland unrepentant sin. Those believers who continue to listen to and follow Lord Jesus, no one will be able to snatch them out of the hand of Lord Jesus or the Father (John 10:25-29).

John 10:27-29 (WEB) My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them {{eternal life}}, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father who has {{{given}}} them to me is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Revelation 3:11 (WEB) 11 Hold firmly that which you have, so that no one takes your crown.

You need to consider 3:10 in relation to that verse.
It tells us that, since Christ will keep them from the hour of their temptation, it was He who ALSO made them keep the word of His patience. That is, because He made the first to happen, He will also make the second to happen.

Revelation 3:10-11 (WEB) 10 Because {{{you}}} kept my command {{{to endure}}}, I also will keep you from the “hour of testing” which {{{is to come}}} on the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 I am coming quickly! Hold firmly that which you have, so that no one takes your crown.

The “hour of testing” is future, and is a time when God withholds his protection, allowing Satan to delude all those who did not believe in the Truth, but delighted in wickedness.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 (NIV) 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Faithful Christians are not appointed to suffer that hour of testing that will come upon the earth at future time, because they remain obedient now.

We can know this because Christ used the word "ALSO" - He will ALSO keep them from the hour of temptation: He causes both to occur. All is by Christ; none by them (or us).

“ALSO” in the context is plain to see. Because the believers kept His command to endure, so Lord Jesus also will keep them from “that hour.”

Rev 3:10 (KJV) 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Revelation 3:3-5 (WEB) 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If therefore you won’t watch, I will come as a thief, and you won’t know what hour I will come upon you. 4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that didn’t defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

More admonition/teaching given to the saved. We can know that from 3:6 - only those saved are given spiritual ears that can hear. The saved alone conform to, and they alone are able to conform to that admonition.

[Rev 3:6 KJV] 6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Firstly, the phrase “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches” is written to all the churches, and all the believers whom he is warning to repent. Those Christians who are repentant will listen (ears that hear), while those Christians that refuse to repent of their sins will not listen, and so be condemned.

Notice that there were a few in Sardis that did not defile their garments. What that means is that Believers can defile their garments by willful sin. Lord Jesus is telling the ones who defiled their garments to repent. IF they do not repent, their garments will remain soiled, and they will be blotted out of the Book of Life.

So, wherever you observe "falling away" elsewhere in the Bible, know that it is because of Christ
that the saved will be kept from doing so.

[Jde 1:24 KJV] 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding jo

Lord Jesus will keep the faithful from falling, but we can deny our faith by living in sin, trusting in false doctrine, or deliberate disobedience.

You opinion, that God guarantees or faith, is just an opinion. Scripture nowhere teaches that. You cannot fall away from the faith you never had to begin with. And the Scriptures plainly give examples of those who did fall away from the faith. As well, the NT contains many warnings against falling away and being lost.

You opinion, that God guarantees or faith, is just an opinion. Scripture nowhere teaches that. You cannot fall away from the faith you never had to begin with. And the Scriptures plainly give examples of those who did fall away from the faith. As well, the NT contains many warnings against falling away and being lost.

That God keeps His elect in the faith is clearly stated in, and by, scripture, beyond all debate, and I made that evident to you. It is not opinion. That you cannot accept it, do not like it, or wish it were otherwise, doesn't make your belief correct nor make it my problem to convince you otherwise. My responsibility has been fulfilled. And I can't believe that you insist on continuing with this dialogue.
Here, just to be nice, I leave you with this verse:

Last edited:
You in error, Christ tasted death for them He brings to Glory Heb 2:9-10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through suffering

The ones He brings to glory will believe, believing is part of His Gift of Salvation which brings them to Glory.

You got it backwards. That is not what "Hebrews 2:9-10" states; rather, you are reading into it what is not there.

We are sons of God by faith:

Galatians 3:26 For you are all sons of God, {{through faith}} in Christ Jesus.

These who believe, God calls them his sons. These are the sons whom Lord Jesus is bringing to glory.

We are not saved so we can believe. That is not the Gospel.

Rather,

Sinners are admonished and urged to believe, so they may be saved.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes [present and continuous believing] in him should not perish, but have eternal life [the new birth of the Spirit: John 3:8].

John 10:27-29 (EWEB) My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them {{eternal life}}, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father who has {{{given}}} them to me is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

1 Corinthians 1:21 (EWEB) 21 For seeing that, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

Back