Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You are confusing the provision of divine transition from death to life being extended to "whomsoever", with the decision to accept what has been provided by the individual .
I can issue invitations to a party to ALL my family members, and the invitation may only be accepted by many of them.
This is one of the most basic of spiritual principles contained throughout the Word of God.

When Moses was commanded to hold up a serpent of brass on a pole to save from death, was it being held up that everyone who had been bitten may look upon it , or was it being held up so that just " many " of those bitten might look upon it and be saved ?

Understanding that there may very well have been those bitten who refused to look upon the brass serpent provided
for all who subsequently died in their negligence to accept what had been provided to everyone .
Which likewise means that only many of those bitten were saved from death .

" ....and it shall come to pass, that EVERYONE that is bitten , when he looketh , ( individual choice being made) ,
Shall Live ." ( Numbers 21:8 )
You all over the place. Did you understand the OP and the follow-up post ?

You all over the place. Did you understand the OP and the follow-up post ?
I'm right on point.
A foundational point of just who Jesus tasted death for, that Jesus Himself spoke to in reference to His coming death.
When you can figure out if Moses held up the serpent made of brass for all, or just for many, you will have answered your own question.

I'm right on point.
A foundational point of just who Jesus tasted death for, that Jesus Himself spoke to in reference to His coming death.
When you can figure out if Moses held up the serpent made of brass for all, or just for many, you will have answered your own question.
I'm sorry you lost me.

I'm sorry you lost me.
Yes, your steadfast inability to determine whether Moses raised the brass serpent for all or many in biblical concord with
Jesus tasting death for all or many at His being raised upon the cross seems to indicate your being lost.
However the good news is that God never gave a single promise to " EVERYONE " that is not conditional on the response of the individual human agent .
The "door" is presented to "everyone ".

" Knock, and it shall be opened unto you ." ( Luke 11:9 )

Last edited:
However the good news is that God never gave a single promise to " EVERYONE " that is not conditional on the response of the individual human agent .

" Knock, and it shall be opened unto you ." ( Luke 11:9 )
Two billion people have never heard of Christ. How do they "knock" to open the door? How is the "door" presented to "everyone"?

Two billion people have never heard of Christ. How do they "knock" to open the door? How is the "door" presented to "everyone"?
How many don't have a god?
If a man really wants to serve the real God almighty, God will get the knowledge of "how to" to them.

I will ask again.
Two billion people have never heard of Christ. Faith cometh by hearing. Billions have died not hearing of Christ. You say:

" Knock, and it shall be opened unto you ." (
How are these people be saved when there IS NO DOOR FOR THEM TO KNOCK UPON?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also notice in Vs 11 of Heb 2:11

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Now understand these sanctified ones are the same in Vs 10 as the many sons, who Christ was made perfect in suffering, meaning His Death, the same ones He tasted death for in Vs 9 The writer calls them the sanctified. All for whom He tasted death for are sanctified.

Now Christs death sanctified them Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The offering of the Body of Christ is another way of saying His tasting death per Heb 2:9, so the every man in Heb 2:9 Christ offered Himself for, or tasted [experienced] death for, has been by that sanctified unto God, which we know doesnt apply to all mankind !

So, you cannot or will not solve the contradiction. I am not surprised. You offer empty platitudes.
I will ask again.
Two billion people have never heard of Christ. Faith cometh by hearing. Billions have died not hearing of Christ. You say:

By God's command to me to speak the good news of Saving Grace through Jesus Christ there are now less than
two billion who have heard of Jesus as of today.

That is my charge, given by my God, and I take up the charge given me each new day triumphantly & joyfully as I go out to meet this multitude who have not heard the Good news .
God can be trusted with the rest.

" Lord, what wilt thou have me to do " ( Acts 9:6 )

By God's command to me to speak the good news of Saving Grace through Jesus Christ there are now less than
two billion who have heard of Jesus as of today.
What have you done ?
You need to address the question we are discussing. Unless you have spoken to 2 billion people about Christ, my question still stands. You said;

" Knock, and it shall be opened unto you ."
I am giving you yet another chance to explain what seems like a contradiction.
HOW DO 2 BILLION PEOPLE OPEN THE DOOR IF THEY NEVER HEARD OF CHRIST. You said EVERYONE HAS A DOOR TO KNOCK ON. HOW DOES THAT WORK????????

That is my charge, given by my God, and I take up the charge given me each new day triumphantly & joyfully as I go out to meet this multitude who have not heard the Good news .
God can be trusted with the rest.
I agree that God can be trusted with the rest. The empirical evidence show without doubt that God has decided that 2 billion people have NO CHANCE TO BE SAVED. (Granted, a small precent may hear of Christ... I am generalizing to keep it simple for you).

This God you speak of , who has charged you to remain bewildered , puzzled, defeated, faithless, & unbelieving in your daily interactions I do not know .
Granted, God is infinite and some things puzzle me. But God gave me reason a rational mind so I know that:
If 2 billion people never heard of Christ then
God does not "open the door for everyone".
This is simple mathematics. You don't have to be God to figure this out. I think you can figure it out too. Maybe someone can help you with the math/logic. It is very simple.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

God's word has been from the beginning and has gone forth out into the world ever since and will continue until the day Christ returns. Man has no excuse, even through the generations, of not hearing the name of Jesus. Especially today with all the technology and those who go into the darkest remote villages around the world.

You need to address the question we are discussing. Unless you have spoken to 2 billion people about Christ, my question still stands. You said;

God does not "open the door for everyone".
This is simple mathematics. You don't have to be God to figure this out. I think you can figure it out too. Maybe someone can help you with the math/logic.

Jesus knows, and he did not tell you, or me the eternal estate of any other person.
Why do you think Jesus did not tell you ?
Right down to having spiritual knowledge of your own Parents or children .
Never mind 2 billion people you have never met .
You cannot say with absolute certainty whether or not even your own family members are saved ?
That's a yes or a no?
Not being given knowledge of even your own family members being saved .
For me the reason Jesus has not allowed you, or me, to have absolute certainty about our own parents, brothers, sisters , children , grandchildren , grandparents, being saved is the same reason you and me have no certainty about
the salvation of any other person you do not even know on topside earth .
He is God, and we are not .
We had a beginning , He never began .

When you understand that He is God and we are not, He is Almighty and we are not , He is all knowing and we are not , then this and many other of the endless questions that we have, not directly related to our own eternal estate, can be answered through the Spirit of Abba Father ( Papa ) Christ spoke of in much the same manner that our own earthly Father's often answered our endless line of questionings we had as children : " Daddy says so "

This is why Jesus said we must come to salvation in Him as little children not being distressed & frustrated because we are not like God & don't know everything God knows , but being comforted in holding the hand of Him that does know all things.
Our Daddy .
" Except ye be converted and become as little children , ye shall not enter
into the kingdom of heaven . "
( Matthew 18:3 )

Jesus knows, and he did not tell you, or me the eternal estate of any other person.
Right down to having spiritual knowledge of your own Parents or children .
Never mind 2 billion people you have never met .
You cannot say with absolute certainty whether or not even your own family members are saved ?
That's a yes or a no?
For me the reason Jesus has not allowed you, or me, to have absolute certainty about our own parents, brothers, sisters , children , grandchildren , grandparents, being saved is the same reason you and me have no certainty about

When you understand that He is God and we are not, He is Almighty and we are not , He is all knowing and we are not , then this and many other of the endless questions that we have, not directly related to our own eternal estate, can be answered through the Spirit of Abba Father ( Papa ) Christ spoke of in much the same manner that our own earthly Father's often answered our endless line of questionings we had as children : " Daddy says so "

This is why Jesus said we must come to salvation in Him as little children not being distressed & frustrated because we are not like God & don't know everything God knows , but being comforted in holding the hand of Him that does know all things.
Our Daddy .
" Except ye be converted and become as little children , ye shall not enter
into the kingdom of heaven . "
( Matthew 18:3 )
Jesus tasted death for all of mankind.
It is up to mankind to acknowledge it and follow Him.

God's word has been from the beginning and has gone forth out into the world ever since and will continue until the day Christ returns. Man has no excuse, even through the generations, of not hearing the name of Jesus. Especially today with all the technology and those who go into the darkest remote villages around the world.
Agreed...all men are without excuse.

The point of my posts have been that billions of people have had NO chance to be saved based on salvation requires faith and a component of saving faith is belief in Christ and many have never heard of Him.
Romans 10:13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14How then can they call on the One in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent

The question is based on a false premise and therefore cannot be answered. Specifically, you said that you and I do not know the eternal state of any person. Proof of your error: Judas Iscariot is in hell. The bible says so. I can find the verse if you like. I can tell you the eternal state of many others if you like, but one is sufficient to disprove your statement.

That's a yes or a no?
If one agrees to the premise that Bible is true then I can state knowledge of certain family members who are in hell. Again, I don't see the relevancy of your question. I stated that 2 billion people that have not heard of Christ are going to hell.
What does the
1) group of 30 or 40 of my relatives who have heard of Christ have to do with
2) group of 2 billion people that have not heard of Christ which is what we are talking about
Try to stay focused. Here is what we are talking about ..
You say everyone can be saved. They just have to knock on the door and Christ will open it
I say that not everyone can be saved because one has to heard of Christ to be saved. Romans 10:13-15

This again is irrelevant.

Just tell me how a person can be saved that will never heard of Christ. I know the gospel of Paul by which one is saved and that necessitates knowledge of Christ. Give me the gospel according to Consecrated Life by which these 2 billion people who have never heard of Christ have a chance to be saved.
WARNING: Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a curse!
I know of one person on this forum that preaches another way (though she won't say what that way is), perhaps you can fill me in on how to save people without Christ. Maybe your way is more efficient and we can use your method.

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

He tasted death for those who were dead, that he might become Lord of both the living and the dead. The many who are prisoners to the law by the knowledge of sin; death, the fruit Adam ate.

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

The question is based on a false premise and therefore cannot be answered. Specifically, you said that you and I do not know the eternal state of any person. Proof of your error: Judas Iscariot is in hell.
I spoke of living people on topside earth, specifically family members, and you know it .
Your slippery deceptive technique notwithstanding.
If one agrees to the premise that Bible is true then I can state knowledge of certain family members who are in hell.
You cannot know with certainty the eternal state of any family member, you can only guess.
This again is irrelevant.

Just tell me how a person can be saved that will never heard of Christ.
I have never said a person can be saved without Christ .
And you cannot quote me doing so ?

Back