Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
[1Jo 5:16 KJV] 16 If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
Here is what scripture list as spiritual sin that are the sins unto death.

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

The spiritual sin unto death is willful, continuous, unrepented sin. No one who is Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit will willfully sin.

1John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

We can clearly see in 1John 5:16 it is not speaking about spiritual sin that are the sins unto death. There is willful sin that is taught in Hebrews 10 that bring about a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Jesus tasted death upon the cross so everyone could have an opportunity to turn away from their willful sinning if they would truly turn from spiritual sin unto death with a heart of repentance and become Spiritually born again in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

There are five requirements to Salvation

1. Confession - Acts 2:21; Romans 10:9, 10

2. Repentance - Mark 1:14, 15

3. Faith - John 3:14-18

4. Regeneration - John 3:3-8

5. Holy Scripture - 2 Timothy 3:15

I didn't. I heard the Gospel message in a way that I hadn't heard prior to that, and I understood and believed. I went from not believing to believing and, within my limited abilities, understanding, but not at all because of anything that I had done - it was a gift. Natural man cannot grasp things spiritual
Yes you did unless you climb up another way, John 10:1. And that was a choice you made just like all of us made a choice to open that door Jesus was knocking on. We decide by faith to pick up our cross and follow Him.

Yes you did unless you climb up another way, John 10:1. And that was a choice you made just like all of us made a choice to open that door Jesus was knocking on. We decide by faith to pick up our cross and follow Him.
Not sure what you're talking about regarding the verse you included. That verse pertains to spiritual thiefs and robbers, not to the acquiring of salvation

The things you said don't get you saved the result from becoming saved.

But in thinking about it further, let me ask you this: does everyone who hears the Gospel become saved?

No.

Only those who believe.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

• lest they should believe and be saved

Only those who believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ are saved.

JLB

No. The verse is speaking to those who already believe

So your answer to my question of…

Is the Gospel the power of God unto salvation is No?

Because those those who hear the Gospel already believe?

Is that what you are saying?

JLB

This is easy to settle. Is Christ the Saviour or is He not?

Yes Christ is the Savior.

Those who believe receive eternal life.

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. John 3:36

Please explain your theory of people being saved without believing in light of these words from Jesus Christ.

JLB

Yes Christ is the Savior.

Those who believe receive eternal life.

Well, that would make Christ not the Saviour should anything else besides Christ, being required - simple. There can't be any ifs, ands or buts, behind the answer. If He is, then He is, period.

Then it can't be the power of God to salvation, can it - can't have it both ways at the same time? If it is God's power, then all who hear it must be saved. No way around that conclusion

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation for those who believe.

Those who don’t believe still have the wrath of God abiding upon them them.

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. John 3:36

Please explain how people who don’t believe the Gospel can be saved?

JLB

Then it can't be the power of God to salvation, can it - can't have it both ways at the same time? If it is God's power, then all who hear it must be saved. No way around that conclusion
Is there a reason why you don't respond to my posts to you?

Are you unable to?
Or unwilling?

Well, that would make Christ not the Saviour should anything else besides Christ, being required - simple. There can't be any ifs, ands or buts, behind the answer. If He is, then He is, period.

That’s your opinion. That’s not scripture.

What happened to you teaching scripture.

No one is saved apart from believing the Gospel.

Those that don’t believe will not have eternal life.

Please explain how those who don’t believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ are saved?

JLB

God saves who He choose to of His own volition, when He wants to, and the result of that is belief is given, not the reverse. It is impossible to have true faith before salvation

Those that don’t believe will not have eternal life.

Yes, belief is part of a state of being given by God, it is an outgrowth of salvation, not its cause. Those who believe have been saved.

What happened to you teaching scripture.
You're the one who doesn't believe Christ the Saviour (which is the core of the Gospel). You believe that He needs assistance from those who are to become saved. Sorry, you can't have it both ways - He either fully is, or He fully is not - nothing in between.

God saves them. They are taken by God from the law of sin and death and placed under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, by the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation for those who believe.
well, logically speaking then, according to you, it takes the power of God, plus, some other power that He is unable to provide, even though it says that IT is the power of God unto salvation. How do you define Gospel in this context - what is it?

Back