Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yeah, but only those whom God has given spiritual ears to hear, can hear His voice. I think that spiritual hearing is the hearing in that is view, not physical hearing. Spiritual hearing comes from being born again by the Holy Spirit. Only those elected by God to salvation are born again. Plese observe

[Mat 13:16 KJV] 16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Again, you are trying to justify your own understanding. How does one come to God, before they are Spiritually born again? God draws us to Him by the hearing of His word so that faith comes by hearing, being Spiritually born again comes by hearing, confessing Christ as Lord and Savior first comes by hearing and believing the word preached to us. Then with a contrite heart like David had in Psalms 51 we open that door that Jesus is knocking on as He alone creates in us a new heart.

Do we willingly continue in our sins once we are Spiritually born again from above? No, for if we do then there is no more sacrifice for sin, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Hebrews 10:26-27.

No but that doesn't have anything to do with becoming saved. Salvation happens first, and from that, being renewed by the Holy Spirit. Because of that, our desires and way of looking at things, including our perception and understanding of Christ as being the only Saviour.

If I understand you, I think you may have missed that there is a spiritual type of sin and a temporal type of sin. I think you may have lumped both into one category.

We are all born as natural man but God converts some from that so being born in that state doesn't mean someone can't be saved. Since Christ is the Saviour, He (not us) must do the saving
But yet, it is up to us to want God's salvation through Christ Jesus who saves us by His life, death and resurrection. It's all in the matter of the heart.

Not obvious to me. Anyway, that was God's statement, so if you disagree, you should take it up with him. Having said that, I think that in our hearts as natural man, we are all born with a heart with a desire to work the works of law for salvation. To do so, even to desire it, is a sin in God's eyes.

As far as contradicting myself, you're going to have to clarify because I don't see it.
It was not God's statement, but your misunderstanding of what was written. All I ask you was for a simple answer to how does a baby sin since you said we sin right out of the womb.

I already clarified this in post #1314 as you only cherry picked through what David said in Psalms 51.

If I understand you, I think you may have missed that there is a spiritual type of sin and a temporal type of sin. I think you may have lumped both into one category.
Would you care to enlighten us by explaining with scripture the difference between a spiritual sin (which I have never heard of) and a temporal sin (that I never heard of).

But yet, it is up to us to want God's salvation through Christ Jesus who saves us by His life, death and resurrection. It's all in the matter of the heart.
Don't agree. People may want what they think is God's salvation to be - but relinquishing control, the earning of it, and trusting completely in a Saviour goes against the heart and mind of natural man. So, no one wants that kind of salvation until they get it. After a renewing of the heart and mind by the Holy Spirit occurs, they definitely want above all else

It was not God's statement, but your misunderstanding of what was written. All I ask you was for a simple answer to how does a baby sin since you said we sin right out of the womb.
That may be your interpretation, but you don't get to make the rules - it is in the Bible. The verse is clear. If you want to make it into something that it's not, that's up to you

Would you care to enlighten us by explaining with scripture the difference between a spiritual sin (which I have never heard of) and a temporal sin (that I never heard of).
[1Jo 5:16 KJV] 16 If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Don't agree. People may want what they think is God's salvation to be - but relinquishing control, the earning of it, and trusting completely in a Saviour goes against the heart and mind of natural man. So, no one wants that kind of salvation until they get it. After a renewing of the heart and mind by the Holy Spirit occurs, they definitely want above all else
Let me ask you a question. Since you were a natural man, like all of us before coming to Christ, how did you come to Him for His salvation?

That may be your interpretation, but you don't get to make the rules - it is in the Bible. The verse is clear. If you want to make it into something that it's not, that's up to you
Why are you skirting around the simple question I asked. I will ask one more time.
How does a baby sin?

If you can't answer this simple question then do not make remarks that say a baby sins as soon as they are born. Just answer the question please.

Please show us in scripture where God comes to us as God is not going to force anyone to accept Him.

Let me ask you a question. Since you were a natural man, like all of us before coming to Christ, how did you come to Him for His salvation?
I didn't. I heard the Gospel message in a way that I hadn't heard prior to that, and I understood and believed. I went from not believing to believing and, within my limited abilities, understanding, but not at all because of anything that I had done - it was a gift. Natural man cannot grasp things spiritual

So, for the natural man, belief from the heart is not possible until the heart (and therefore the man), becomes changed, and only God can do that, but only does so to those whom He has chosen for such. Further, to just confess without believing, means nothing - a change of heart must be its basis.

Hearing the Gospel preached is the power of God unto salvation.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

Like I stated in my previous post, God provides the power, the grace, the God given ability to believe and therefore obey the Gospel, the word of your salvation… through the preaching of the Gospel.

Without the Gospel no such power unto salvation is available, which makes your man made doctrine of people being saved apart from hearing the Gospel, a FLASE DOCTRINE OF DECEIT.

JLB

If you can't answer this simple question then do not make remarks that say a baby sins as soon as they are born. Just answer the question please.
Okay you're starting to get rude about this. Is it in the Bible or not? Sorry if you don't like what the Bible says. Is speaking lies a sin? How do they become estranged from the womb? Here it is again:
[Psa 58:3 KJV] 3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Okay you're starting to get rude about this. Is it in the Bible or not? Sorry if you don't like what the Bible says. Is speaking lies a sin? How do they become estranged from the womb? Here it is again:
[Psa 58:3 KJV] 3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

The wicked are estranged from the womb;
They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
Psalm 58:3

Can an infant that was just born speak?

This would be a prime example of you taking an obscure verse and using it to undermine salvation through the Gospel of Jesus Christ; the Gospel of your salvation.

JLB

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right - God probably didn't realize what He was saying. I'd let him know if I were you so take it up with him. And by the way, I will never stop declaring what's in the Bible

Yeah, you're right - God probably didn't realize what He was saying. I'd let him know if I were you so take it up with him. And by the way, I will never stop declaring what's in the Bible

The wicked are estranged from the womb;
They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
Psalm 58:3

JLB

And by the way, I will never stop declaring what's in the Bible

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

Is the Gospel the power of God unto salvation?

JLB

Back