Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Tasted Death for every Man !

Absurd and you do not know what you are talking about. Any work I might try to do to be saved would be a statement against Christ. His work was perfect. No work by me is either needed or permitted. I am more than happy
to rest in Him and in His completed, perfect, offering.
You are unable to grasp that concept for some reason and trust in yourself instead.
If you are not perfect, you are not in Him...are you.

He converts. He has to, a spiritually dead person cannot contribute to their conversion. If God doesn't
do it, then it would be impossible for it to occur.
Sinners are spiritually dead...right ?
Sinners are unconverted...right ?
Where does that leave you ?

f you still commit sin you are still in the flesh, and not in the Spirit.

Oh my! Spiritual sin is in not trusting in Christ. The things of the flesh are the working of the flesh for salvation.
The carnal mind believes in working for salvation is that which brings salvation. Spiritually minded means trusting in Christ, not oneself for salvation. The law of God is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. The law of sin and death is the law of works.

If God saves you, you will not want to do something for yourself but trust in Him instead.

If you still commit sin you are still in the flesh, and not in the Spirit.
Rom 8:5-8..." For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Sinners are walking in darkness and cannot honestly say they have fellowship with God. (1 John 1:6)
If you want to start walking in the light/God, you will have to do something for yourself.
People are in the flesh whenever they condition Salvation on anything they do or don't do.

I noticed that you wrote to rogerg the following snippet.

Conversion is available to the whole world... (1 John 2:2)

Your philosophy leads to a tragic end.

Relating 1 John 5:19 With 1 John 2:2 - And - Relating 1 John 2:2 with 1 John 2:1​

Look at John's preceding words to 1 John 5:19 about the born of God Christian "the evil one does not touch him" (1 John 5:18).

The "part of the whole world person" "lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19) means the evil one touches the person (1 John 5:18).

1 John 5:18 and 1 John 5:19 refer to diametric polar opposite states of being for persons.

Born of God Christians "have overcome the evil one" (1 John 2:13), yet the "part of the whole world person" "lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19) has not overcome by being beyond the evil one. "Overcome" and "beyond" are synonyms.

The phrase "lies in" is an intimate affair which involves "touch" with an intimate nature, so the group of people that are a part of "the whole world" are intimate, even servile, with "the evil one", and "No one can serve two masters" (Matthew 6:24).

We born of God Christians are not part of "the whole world" in "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19).

Anyone who claims to be part of "the whole world" in "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19) is not a born of God Christian by their own admission.

No Christian lies in the evil one; therefore, "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not include Christians.

Since "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not mean everyone everywhere in all time, then other occurrences of the word "world" in the New Testament can be constrained by context.

"The whole world" in 1 John 2:2 does not mean everyone everywhere in all time similar to the fact that "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not mean everyone everywhere in all time.

The Apostle John wrote "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins and not for ours only, but also for the whole world" (1 John 2:2), and this "the whole world" mentioned by John refers only to the chosen persons of God (John 15:16, John 15:19) who are yet to be imparted the work of God which is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

In the preceding verse John wrote "I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1).

The free-willian philosophy that the phrase "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2 results in propitiation for everyone everywhere in all time culminates in universalism because the sins of unbelievers would be covered by Jesus Christ the Advocate at the unbelievers death because in the preceding verse John wrote "if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father" (1 John 2:1) - the word "anyone" is the pivotal point resulting in universalism for free-willian philosophy because "anyone" includes "the whole world".

Universalism is deception because the Word of God says "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 7:21) thus Jesus indicates that some people do not enter heaven which means those people go to hell (Matthew 25:41).

The Advocate succeeds every single time that He advocates for the forgiveness of a person's sins with the Father.

Free-willian philosophers think that the Advocate fails in some of His advocacies with the Father because there are person's sins which are not forgiven by God among the "anyone" in "if anyone sins", so free-willian philosophers think that Christ the Advocate is faulty, error-prone, false, and untrue.

John's letter is to Christian believers; therefore, John's letter is constrained by the context of persons believing in Christ. In 1 John 2:2, the verse's first third establishes that Christ is the propitiation, the verse's second third establishes for the sins of current believers, and the verse's third third establishes for the sins of future believers. There is no extant beyond Christian believers in 1 John 2:2.

This is Apostolic doctrine because the Apostle John is among the writers of these quoted passages.

If you are not perfect, you are not in Him...are you.
The ones Jesus tasted death for, died for, offered Himself for, are by that death perfected forever Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Heb 10:14
14 For by one offering[tasting death Heb 2:9] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

I noticed that you wrote to rogerg the following snippet.

Your philosophy leads to a tragic end.

Relating 1 John 5:19 With 1 John 2:2 - And - Relating 1 John 2:2 with 1 John 2:1​

Look at John's preceding words to 1 John 5:19 about the born of God Christian "the evil one does not touch him" (1 John 5:18).

The "part of the whole world person" "lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19) means the evil one touches the person (1 John 5:18).

1 John 5:18 and 1 John 5:19 refer to diametric polar opposite states of being for persons.

Born of God Christians "have overcome the evil one" (1 John 2:13), yet the "part of the whole world person" "lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19) has not overcome by being beyond the evil one. "Overcome" and "beyond" are synonyms.

The phrase "lies in" is an intimate affair which involves "touch" with an intimate nature, so the group of people that are a part of "the whole world" are intimate, even servile, with "the evil one", and "No one can serve two masters" (Matthew 6:24).

We born of God Christians are not part of "the whole world" in "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19).

Anyone who claims to be part of "the whole world" in "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19) is not a born of God Christian by their own admission.

No Christian lies in the evil one; therefore, "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not include Christians.

Since "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not mean everyone everywhere in all time, then other occurrences of the word "world" in the New Testament can be constrained by context.

"The whole world" in 1 John 2:2 does not mean everyone everywhere in all time similar to the fact that "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not mean everyone everywhere in all time.

The Apostle John wrote "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins and not for ours only, but also for the whole world" (1 John 2:2), and this "the whole world" mentioned by John refers only to the chosen persons of God (John 15:16, John 15:19) who are yet to be imparted the work of God which is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

In the preceding verse John wrote "I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1).

The free-willian philosophy that the phrase "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2 results in propitiation for everyone everywhere in all time culminates in universalism because the sins of unbelievers would be covered by Jesus Christ the Advocate at the unbelievers death because in the preceding verse John wrote "if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father" (1 John 2:1) - the word "anyone" is the pivotal point resulting in universalism for free-willian philosophy because "anyone" includes "the whole world".

Universalism is deception because the Word of God says "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 7:21) thus Jesus indicates that some people do not enter heaven which means those people go to hell (Matthew 25:41).

The Advocate succeeds every single time that He advocates for the forgiveness of a person's sins with the Father.

Free-willian philosophers think that the Advocate fails in some of His advocacies with the Father because there are person's sins which are not forgiven by God among the "anyone" in "if anyone sins", so free-willian philosophers think that Christ the Advocate is faulty, error-prone, false, and untrue.

John's letter is to Christian believers; therefore, John's letter is constrained by the context of persons believing in Christ. In 1 John 2:2, the verse's first third establishes that Christ is the propitiation, the verse's second third establishes for the sins of current believers, and the verse's third third establishes for the sins of future believers. There is no extant beyond Christian believers in 1 John 2:2.

This is Apostolic doctrine because the Apostle John is among the writers of these quoted passages.
Who is denied access to the "Advocate" ?

Salvation is exclusively and solely a gift given by God to those whom He has chosen for it, with no preconditions
tied to it besides that God chose them.
You are betting on a crowd of liars and adulterers being granted eternal life, aren't you ?

You are betting on a crowd of liars and adulterers being granted eternal life, aren't you ?

No, I'm betting on what God promised. And there is no betting involved
because I believe Him - that what He has promised He is able to deliver.

Last edited:
As lying isn't out of bounds for you, how do you expect me to believe anything you write ?
Lying isn't in bounds, and neither are any un-Christain like traits or actions.
The difference between us is that you see not doing them as a way to become saved,
while I see not doing them coming from, or as a result of, salvation, not as an attempt to gain something
from it, however, no one is perfect. I wasn't saved because of my actions, but by Christ's actions - His actions were reckoned to me as an undeserved gift, you seem to be unable to grasp that concept. I do not speak of myself to glorify myself, instead, I speak only of Christ and of what He has done, thereby giving to Him all of the glory.
You on the other hand, seek to glorify yourself, not Christ.
As to whether you should believe me or not, that is up to you.

Last edited:
Lying isn't in bounds, and neither are any un-Christain like traits or actions.
The difference between us is that you see not doing them as a way to become saved,
Don't you see that the converted don't do them ?
Only the unconverted commit sin.
while I see not doing them coming from, or as a result of, salvation, not as an attempt to gain something
from it, however, no one is perfect.
Speak for yourself.
Jesus commanded it in Matt 5:48 and died so we can be obedient.
I wasn't saved because of my actions, but by Christ's actions
Did He repent of sin for you ?
Did He get baptized in His own name for the remission of your sins ?
You chose to convert.
You turned form sin.
You got baptized.
- His actions were reckoned to me as an undeserved gift, you seem to be unable to grasp that concept. I do not speak of myself to glorify myself, instead, I speak only of Christ and of what He has done, thereby giving to Him all of the glory.
You on the other hand, seek to glorify yourself, not Christ.
As to whether you should believe me or not, that is up to you.
His death was reckoned to you, so, be dead...to sin.
But as that is something YOU must do, your sect probably tells you to refrain.
Which opens the door for accommodating more sin !

Again when a person conditions their salvation on something they are or do, they are under the power of the flesh.
Thanks be to God I can see through your smoke and mirrors !
Why would a man kill his old self and get reborn of God's seed but not take any action ?
You people must be the laziest sect ever.

Thanks be to God I can see through your smoke and mirrors !
Why would a man kill his old self and get reborn of God's seed but not take any action ?
You people must be the laziest sect ever.
Its too bad that you dont seem to see that when you condition your salvation on something you do or dont do, you are living according to the flesh.

Back