Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Tattoos... Yes, No?

I don't think the act itself is a sin. If people want to use the verse of Lev., which talks about marking your body to worship the dead, then what about a tattoo that worships Jesus?

What really matters is WHY you are getting one. If it is something between you and God or designed to be a witnessing tool then by all means go ahead. Just think about it a lot.

The Coptic Christians in Egypt choose to get tattoos to associate themselves with Christ. Even though they are persecuted for it.

Would it be good if there were more Christian artists in tattoo parlors, or if there were more parlors that were Christian owned?

:chin

There is a Christian owned one in Nashville, TN I believe.

I would get one but only if it was religious and led into conversation about god.
let your concience be your guide pray and listen the right answer will come.

Hi Chris, so did you ever visit a parlor to check out tattoo designs etc?

Hi Chris, so did you ever visit a parlor to check out tattoo designs etc?
yeah if i did get one it woluld be like this- a cross on my right forearm a crown of thorns on that at the top and a dove flying up from it. Undernreath it would say
" THE COST OF LOVE"
i was going to get that years ago but never got around to it. one day i just might.

casper:

Well, this is fine.

(So, care to elaborate?)

The body is a temple why cover it with graffiti, (even if it is a faith related one). I was going to get a cannabis leave on my shoulder when I was teenager. I praise the Lord I didn't he must have been with me back then even though I was lost.

yeah if i did get one it woluld be like this- a cross on my right forearm a crown of thorns on that at the top and a dove flying up from it. Undernreath it would say
" THE COST OF LOVE"
i was going to get that years ago but never got around to it. one day i just might.

Chris:

Sort of a half-sleeve, then.

From what you say, I guess the witness aspect would be the principal reason for getting it, right?

The body is a temple why cover it with graffiti, (even if it is a faith related one). I was going to get a cannabis leave on my shoulder when I was teenager. I praise the Lord I didn't he must have been with me back then even though I was lost.

casper:

Well, I see what you mean. :)

But I guess there is rather a difference in kind between what you had in mind and a faith related tattoo...

Chris:

Sort of a half-sleeve, then.

From what you say, I guess the witness aspect would be the principal reason for getting it, right?
a part of it i felt god want me to get that. I would want him to acknowledge me so...

Another thing you might want to think about regarding a tattoo is how society views them. many people will view and even treat you negatively based on a visible tattoo.

I have heard many HR people say if someone who is interviewing for a job came in with a visible tattoo they would not be hired. I am not saying this is right but it does happen.

How many people have you seen working in an office with a tattoo on their face or hands? Not many.

Another thing you might want to think about regarding a tattoo is how society views them. many people will view and even treat you negatively based on a visible tattoo.

I have heard many HR people say if someone who is interviewing for a job came in with a visible tattoo they would not be hired. I am not saying this is right but it does happen.

How many people have you seen working in an office with a tattoo on their face or hands? Not many.

D:

On face, hands? no, indeed.

But the bank lady at my bank's local store pavillion apparently doesn't operate on a no tattoos framework, (and neither was the lady serving at my local Christian bookstore disallowed her tongue ring - but that's for another thread, I guess...).

I'm not thinking of ink as an end in itself, but rather as a widespread means of communicating a faith related design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Farouk, I have to ask...

Why this big push for tats and piercing? I'm not against Christians doing it or not. If a person can get an ear pierced, which few Christians have a problem with, why not a lip or another part. For me, it's just preference. I guess I'm getting old. :lol We've been to parks in the summer, and the last few years it seems like there are more HUGE tattoos across the body than I've ever seen. :shocked!

But, why the push here? I could understand if we were in your neighborhood, and you wanted to promote a tattoo parlor, but you're not going to give a tat over the net. :shrug:lol

Farouk, I have to ask...

Why this big push for tats and piercing? I'm not against Christians doing it or not. If a person can get an ear pierced, which few Christians have a problem with, why not a lip or another part. For me, it's just preference. I guess I'm getting old. :lol We've been to parks in the summer, and the last few years it seems like there are more HUGE tattoos across the body than I've ever seen. :shocked!

But, why the push here? I could understand if we were in your neighborhood, and you wanted to promote a tattoo parlor, but you're not going to give a tat over the net. :shrug:lol

M:

Tats and ear piercing are separate subjects.

Re. tattoos, it's not tattooing as an end in itself, but the application of the medium to faith based designs.

I guess there is a lot of potential there, right?

Why? I have two tattoos, and I don't regret them one bit. Or are you just referring to teenagers because of their youth?

TorchHeart:

So did the placements work out okay in your view and were either of the themes faith related, maybe?

Sounds like you feel confident and comfortable with them, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
a part of it i felt god want me to get that. I would want him to acknowledge me so...

Chris:

Anyway sounds like you're still not completely sure about going ahead and doing it.

(It's best to wait if you have any doubts, right? maybe check out some parlors first, but without committing yourself.)

Chris:

Anyway sounds like you're still not completely sure about going ahead and doing it.

(It's best to wait if you have any doubts, right? maybe check out some parlors first, but without committing yourself.)
pprobably fairly low on life's priority list atm turning up an 3 weeks in an electrical engineering office on my first day with a fresh religious tattoo wont impress any conservative bosses.

Back