Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Tell us about YOU today!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi to Jeff from Greensboro, from a former resident of Winston-Salem!:waving

Today I feel a lot better. And, I am feeling warm and well fed because my lovely children made a huge brunch:
Sausage, browned to perfection
Biscuits, as light and airy as can be!
Scrambled eggs, fluffy and tasty,
and creamy gravy to pour over all of it.

My kids are 13 and 10, and quite frankly, there were times I wondered if they would ever be able to cook. Well, they certainly cooked up an excellent meal for us today!

Now, I'm off to clean the kitchen...now that they obviously can cook and cook well, I have hopes they'll learn the art of cooking without making the kitchen a total disaster area.

Not complaining though, just saying...

Today I slept in till 9, helped move books and furniture, set up my mom's computer for her, bakes pies for tonight's church thanksgiving meal. About to leave to go shopping for the Christimas shoe box gifts, then the church dinner, then grocery shopping............

... and still sick. :sad

When I come home later I will be putting away groceries, then browsing the forum again, and then maybe some time to knit.

sorry to hear that pouring rain. Nothing worse than being sick That was me last week.

Today at 8:30 am its hot enough for a shirt and shorts am going on a picnic to the park at the lake with friends then to church tonight. which I cant wait for because it is a fun church its like a concert a bit. A bit like Hillsong

the pic in the avatar is really me and yes i was called the donkey commander in afghanistan, and zia is the name of the donkey.

Taking a lovely ceramic tea set and dishes to my granddaughter, Hannah, for her 3rd birthday today, who shares her birthday with her auntie Sarah who is 30 today.

I'll start. Yesterday my youngest daughter (7) saw an illusionist on TV make a table appear to Float in the air.This morning my wife went into her room to find her cross legged on the floor. Asked what she was doing she seriously responded she was trying to hovertate herself into the air.

This matter is nothing to make light of as it is very dangerous, read what Pharaohs magicians did here in the sight of everyone. If you plan to allow it Ouija boards are next, unless they've already started using one..

The Story of Moses and the Pharaoh

turnorburn

That is so sweet! My little one loves tea parties also. :thumbsup

Thank you!

Hugs-2.jpg

This matter is nothing to make light of as it is very dangerous, read what Pharaohs magicians did here in the sight of everyone. If you plan to allow it Ouija boards are next, unless they've already started using one..

The Story of Moses and the Pharaoh

turnorburn
ITs the mind of a very young child being silly thinking she could copy a tv illusionist don't read too much into it. Some kids try to fly too with a superman cape.. but they don't buy Ouija boards. Its all innocent you wouldn't even entertain the thought....

Last edited by a moderator:
SNOW DAY!!!

We had a huge blizzard blow through here last night. All the schools are closed and since tomorrow was going to be a short day anyway, our school is closing down for the rest of the week! I'm glad that the school closed, because there is no way, no how anyone is getting down or up our driveway today.

Yay, the kids can help me clean the house for Thanksgiving! Now I just gotta get off the computer and get to work! :lol

Another nice thing happened today...a local monthly newspaper has an ongoing contest each month, sort of find the hidden needle thing, and I won it. 4 Tickets, plus 4 popcorns and drinks to the movie theater down in town.

We'll most likely use them to go see Voyage of the Dawn Treader, one of my personal favorites of the Narnia stories.:popcorn:pepsi

'Bout that blizzard...it's not snowing now, but the wind is still really bad out there, causing huge snow drifts and the temps are dropping.There has been some discussion of closing our road. I hope this doesn't happen because Steve isn't home and he is supposed to be bringing Mom home tomorrow for the rest of the week. It won't be a very happy Thanksgiving if Daddy and Grandma aren't with us. Hopefully things will get better not worse. :pray

Since I've nowhere to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! :guitar

I like snow well enough, if it's not in my way...which it currently is, but I think we've got this all figured out.

Steve and Mom will stay with Steve's folks, who live just below us, tomorrow night...then on Thanksgiving morning, Steve will grab the tractor chains, walk up the driveway which is currently covered with 2'-3' of snow, chain up the tractor, remove all the snow from the driveway, and then go get his folks and mom. By then, I'll have our dinner well on it's way to being done, and we should be able to cozy down and have a good time.

I did tell mom to bring all her things because another storm is in the forecast for Friday.

Just as long as we don't lose power...then I'll have to ask a mod to move this to the "Thanksgiving Disasters" thread.

Handy, sounds like you have been having a great day!

My day..... another day out of town, but God has blessed me with some wonderful news and help. He has been parting some waters for me lately. My cold is getting better also.

Handy, you are SOOOO lucky you got snow. I didn't even need a jacket today!

PR, glad to see you're recovering!

SNOW DAY!!!

We had a huge blizzard blow through here last night. All the schools are closed and since tomorrow was going to be a short day anyway, our school is closing down for the rest of the week! I'm glad that the school closed, because there is no way, no how anyone is getting down or up our driveway today.

Yay, the kids can help me clean the house for Thanksgiving! Now I just gotta get off the computer and get to work! :lol
Wow! snow that would be nice I have only seen it once. well 2 times if defrosting the freezer counts.

Going for a job interview today.... well in international time zones 12 hours from this post i wil be getting questioned by a guy.. i hate interviews you have to wear those nerdy pants and tie you would not otherwise wear.. and pretend you really are interested in all the waffle bout how productive the company is...etc.. etc. ect.. etc.. and its global resources.

Going for a job interview today.... well in international time zones 12 hours from this post i wil be getting questioned by a guy.. i hate interviews you have to wear those nerdy pants and tie you would not otherwise wear.. and pretend you really are interested in all the waffle bout how productive the company is...etc.. etc. ect.. etc.. and its global resources.

I wish you all the best in your interview!

And I promise I won't tell you any interview horror stories before you go, so that you have added anxiety. ;)

I wish you all the best in your interview!

And I promise I won't tell you any interview horror stories before you go, so that you have added anxiety. ;)

Thanks for your well wishes, it should be ok it is the second interview where you get bored with details.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back