Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ten reasons why every believer should speak in tongues

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

golfjack

Reason 1: Tongues the initial sign. Acts 2:4.

Reason 2. Tongues for Spiritual Edification. 1 Cor. 14:4

Reason 3. Tongues remind us of the Spirit's indwelling presence John 14:16-17

Reason 4. Praying in tongues is praying in line with God's perfect will. Romans 8:26-27.

Reason 5. Praying in tongues stimulates faith Jude 20

Reason 6. Speaking in tongues, a means of keeping free from wordly contamination. 1 Cor. 14:28

Reason 7. Praying in tongues enables us to pray for the unknown. The Holy Ghost knows everything.

Reason 8. Praying in tongues gives spiritual refreshing. Isaiah 28:11-12.

Reason 9. Tongues for giving thanks 1 Cor. 14:15-17

Reason 10. Speaking in tongues brings the tongue under subjection. James 3:8.

May God bless, Golfjack

And JUST when I thought "you' had it all 'figured out'..............?

The BIGGEST problem with what you offer here is this: WHAT ARE tongues? The senseless gibberish that many would 'claim' to BE tongues. Or is there a 'true' tongues that actually DO edify ANY other than THEMSELVES?

We've been through the 'tongues' thing on a number of occasions here on the forums. I am OF a FIRM belief that there WAS a 'time' for tongues. And we were EVEN TOLD that where there ARE tongues, they shall CEASE. A pure indication that they WERE for a 'time' and I believe that that time is WELL past.

When one does an in-depth study of 'tongues' it is QUICKLY quite apparent that 'tongues' were NEEDED at a time when the limited group given a 'commission' to SPREAD The Word throughout the known world were of such a limited standing so far as knowledge is concerned, that 'tongues' WERE needed in order for them to communicate to those that would listen that spoke 'other languages', or 'unknown tongues', (unknown to those to which they were communicating the 'good news'.

To further illustrate the 'truth' in what I have offered all one NEED do is a thorough reading of Corinthians to come to the CONCLUSION that tongues were such a 'small' part of The Church that it was inevitable that there would come a time in the not too distant future that they would CEASE to exist. And even at THAT TIME, there were those that had already started to 'abuse' them to the point that Paul was forced to 'point out' their errors and LAY down the LAW concerning their "PROPER USE".

I know, I know, there ARE many out there that would argue the case of tongues SIMPLY becuase they have been 'taught differenty' by those that INSIST upon the ligitamacy of tongues and their use. So be it. But scripturally, MOST of the 'lines' of scripture used to 'defend' the use of tongues MUST be taken OUT OF CONTEXT and the rest need be 'altered' in order to even use scriptural backing.

Paul sums it up best when he states that IN THE CHURCH he would rather speak FIVE words of understanding that 10,000 words in an unknown tongue'. And to BACK up his statement, he ALSO points out that he spoke tongues more than ALL of them PUT TOGETHER. Yet they were OBVIOUSLY 'abusing' tongues or perhaps even participating in something that wasn't even 'true tongues'.

I have PERSONALLY witnessed the use of tongues on a NUMBER of occasions and have YET to witness them being used according to the rules 'laid down' by Paul. Women speaking tongues? In the SAME letter that Paul wrote to the Corinthians concerning the USE OF TONGUES, he states that Women ARE TO REMAIN SILENT IN THE CHURCH. Hmmmmm. Why do you reacon he STATES this? Groups of people speaking in tongues? And without an interpreter? Hmmmmmm. And Paul says that the ONLY way that one CAN speak in tongues is AS THE SPIRIT GIVES UTTERANCE. Hmmmmmm. Does that mean that The Spirit can go AGAINST what Paul offers as the 'test of true tongues'? NOT LIKELY.

I have even witnessed pastors that will slip in a 'little tongues' between lines in their sermons?????????? WHAT is that? Nothing BIBLICAL I can ASSURE YOU.

Always remember that Satan HAS THE ABILITY to offer one a counterfeit FEELING of being 'in The Spirit'. It's the SAME 'feeling' only a different spirit.

I'll close with that,

God Bless you my brother.

MEC

Tongues is actually, speaking your own language or dialect, but others could (not neccessary believers) understand it there own dialect or language. Just like it was on pentecost. Just Like it was before the tower of Babel fell. Just like it'll be in the millenium i suppose! The Benny Hinn stuff is just non-sense. Not all people have all the gifts, so no it is not neccessary!

I find the name of this thread quite offencesive in a way.

I would love to be able to speak in tongues, some of the reasons why you have included in your list.

Your thread name says every believer should be able to speak in tongues, implying there is something wrong with me, that I am not a believer and that is why I can't. God has told me otherwise.

Your thread name implies that you believe, as many do, that 'better' Christians can speak in tongues, and that every believer should be able to, so those that can't must be either lesser than the others or decieved.

Have I taken the name of your thread the wrong way, or is this what you believe?

golfjack said:
Reason 1: Tongues the initial sign. Acts 2:4...

This is the exact sort of pride that Paul condemns in 1 Corinthians...

Only God gives the gift. Not having it is not a sign of something "wrong" with you. God gives His gifts as He sees fit.

Regards

cnusopnfwn vmkoavmk a klav mdkav avmkdavm kldijfm kasavmka, cjnasi!

Now someone interpret. :-D Sorry..... I'm just in a fun mood tonight.

Seriously, Paul said that he was glad he spoke in tongues more than anyone of them, but rather a tongue where (was it?) five words understood than 10,000 in an unknown tongue. I'm not mocking tongues, per se but one has to realize that this is one of the gifts of the Spirit, not everyone has it nor is required for gifts or salvation. And any other teaching is false.

dancing queen said:
I find the name of this thread quite offencesive in a way.

I would love to be able to speak in tongues, some of the reasons why you have included in your list.

Your thread name says every believer should be able to speak in tongues, implying there is something wrong with me, that I am not a believer and that is why I can't. God has told me otherwise.

Your thread name implies that you believe, as many do, that 'better' Christians can speak in tongues, and that every believer should be able to, so those that can't must be either lesser than the others or decieved.

Have I taken the name of your thread the wrong way, or is this what you believe?

1Cr 12:28-31 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. [Are] all apostles? [are] all prophets? [are] all teachers? [are] all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts....

Mat 7:7-11 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Jam 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

:angel:

IF there is a Gift of the Holy Spirit that you would like to have, ask Him for it. The Father does not withhold from us the things that we need to serve Him. Ask Him for wisdom to use the things that He has given, and to reveal to you the responsibility that comes with the anointing. I will be praying for you. Be blessed!

Thanks little angel. I will pray about it again but i think the answer will be the same. Its ok though.

Last time I felt God was saying 'not yet', I couldn't tell if the not yet would mean this world or heaven though. Part of me even feels I know why God doesn't want to give me this gift at this point in time.

My fiance can speak in tongues and also has the gift of visions. There aren't any people our age in the church (early twenties) and we work very closely with the youth. We talked to our partly non-Christian youth group about spiritual gifts and tried to explain to them that you're not 'a better' Christian if you have gifts.

I think that this might connect to why I haven't been given gift of tongues etc., so as kinda role models to these teenagers they can see both sides, that sometimes God blesses us with these gifts but not always. When my fiance had told them of his gifts, one of them turned to me and said 'so what gifts have you got?' And in that situation God can use me to show that becoming a Christian isn't just about getting these gifts.

I think this is why anyway, that or the disappointment made me come up with this to save asking and not receiving again.

I do appreciate your prayers on this, but more than recieving these gifts I ask you to pray that I will grow in the fruits of the spirit and not get angry at God for blessing my fiance in this way and not me (as I have been cross about it in the past).

I agree with Imagican. The early church had to spread the message around. Acts shows the practicality and usefulness of tongues at the time when so many people spoke a different language.

"Everyone heard in their own language"

This is the crux of the matter.

Do these kind of tongues still manifest themselves today? I believe they do. A few years ago an evangelist in a meeting I went to said it happened to him when he was in a Spanish speaking country. He said he was speaking and the interpreter just suddenly quit and was looking at him funny. After the service a little old Spanish lady came up and told him what nice Spanish he had. He didn't know a lick of Spanish.

It is a gift, not a requirement. And it is speaking in someone else's language so they can understand the word of God. It is not senseless babbling that nobody can understand and only serves to show off.

dancing queen,

Don't let ANYONE beguile you with such teachings. The 'gift of tongues' is simply THAT. If you belong to a 'church' that insists that one MUST speak in 'tongues' in order to 'be saved' FLEE. Flee from those that would offer ANY such nonsensical teachings.

Tongues WERE 'for a TIME'. That time MAY still be. I'm NOT going to 'argue' that. BUT, there is PLENTY of indication that this 'modern form' of tongues is NOT that which the Bible speaks of. For this "modern form'' of tongues has ONLY existed for about ONE HUNDRED YEARS. The tongues mentioned in The Bible 'seem' to have COMPLETELY disappeared for EIGHTEEN HUNDRED YEARS. Then, about a 'hundred years ago' there were those that came up with this 'NEW form' of tongues and in RECENT years it has begun to FLORISH in CERTAIN denominations.

Funny, but they certainly don't exist in ALL denominations. Only those that insist that 'tongues' ARE a 'sign' of Salvation. And ALL one NEED do to UNDERSTAND the 'truth' concerning 'tongues' is READ The Word. There is NO such thing as 'tongues' EXCEPT those OFFERED through The Spirit. Tongues can ONLY be spoken AS THE SPIRIT GIVES UTTERANCE. Is there ANYONE out there that believes that The Spirit ONLY exists in the denominations that 'speak tongues'? Only those that DO as far as I know. And these will insist that I am NOT saved because I do NOT accept their 'gibberish' AS THE TONGUES mentioned in The Bible.

So, tongues CERTAINLY DID exist. But we KNOW from The Word that; 'THEY WOULD CEASE'. WHY? Why would 'tongues CEASE'? And when? I believe the ANSWER to these two questions is answered in that tongues were a 'tool' whose time disappeared as The Word became 'safely' spread to ENOUGH people for it to LAST. This took place within the FIRST hundred years after Christ's death and rising. The apostolic era ended WITH THE APOSTLES. And so far as we KNOW, it was THESE who were gifted with 'the gift of tongues'. There WERE a 'few' others that we have example of, but it WAS the APOSTLES that were promised the 'gift'. Remember? These signs shall follow 'them that believe'. And WHO was Christ talking to when He made this statement? NOT you and I, but THE APOSTLES. Read it for yourself. You'll find it at the end of Mark.

And speaking of Mark, he wasn't even an apostle, but someone that simply recorded what someone ELSE TOLD him MANY years after the death of Christ. I mention this for there is MUCH controversy of whether or not Mark EVEN wrote the Last eight verses of the book in his name. And even if he did, why did Mathew and John MISS what Christ said to THEM and this man that wasn't even there somehow recorded it? For Mathew AND John were BOTH present when Christ 'supposedly' stated, 'these signs shall follow them that believe' yet NEITHER of these recorded this statement in THEIR accounts of what ACTUALLY happened.

There is MUCH indication that the END of the Gospel of Mark may have been lost or maybe never even written. But 'someone', in order to 'use' this Gospel, felt compelled to 'finish it' with their OWN words that are OBVIOUSLY 'out of place' compared with the 'rest of the Gospel of Mark'.

So, while we accept the Bible as divinely inspired, we MUST allow The Spirit to 'guide' us through the 'truth' contained within it. For we ALSO know that it WAS MEN that WROTE it. And, WHERE would this 'modern day' usage of tongues be if NOT for the 'last eight' verses of Mark?

And I close with this:

There WILL be those that insist upon following lies, and for these, God Himself will offer STRONG DELUSION so that those that so choose will BELIEVE the lies.

And, God is NOT the 'author of confusion' but of PEACE as in ALL CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS. Pay attention to what this is TRULY saying and the answer to 'tongues' is OBVIOUS. For WHO 'understands' the gibberish that is 'called' tongues? Hmmmmm........... Get it?

MEC

There is something about speaking in tongues that a lot of people forget. At pentacost, the reason they spoke in different languages (tongues) is that not every one could understand their language. They spoke in tongues for a pupose. I don't think you need to speak different languages to be saved. I believe that if I met a man from another country who never heard the gospel, that God would give me the ability to speak in the man's language, or let the man understand mine. I am certain that some folks can speak other languages in praise of God, but I don't think that it is necessary.

Jack
There is alot of commentary going on here in this thread and would be good since its your thread to comment on some of them.

There seems to be much confusion about tongues. One thing I want to straighten out is the fact that one doesn't have to speak in tongues to be saved. So the question is, Why tongues? I propose we look at the book of Acts for Biblical reference. I think part of the confusion is The Gifts of the Spirit for the Church, which are nine. These gifts are distriibuted by God as He wishes for people He choses to have these gifts. Having said that, think about it. Again why tongues? The answer is simple. It is found in the ten reasons I have given. Bottom line, Praying in tongues is a free gift, and the gifts of the Spirit are distributed as God wishes. Well, I like free things, and am happy that I took up of what God said I could have. I have my own personal pray language, direct line to God, You see, I pray from my spirit what the Holy Spirit gives me in language that I don't understand, but God does. Remember, we have the Holy Spirit now, and it is He that gives the utterance, and not me. ( Acts 2:4). I guess, the biggest problem is how do wee do this kind of praying? Just like any other prayer, we must use our mouths, and our words form a Heavenly language that can be beautiful.

Now let's go to Mark 16:15-16: Jesus said, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature. He that believeth, and is Baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Remember the Samaritans? They believed and were baptized ( Acts 8:12). Were they saved? According to Jesus they were.

There is a work of the Holy Spirit in the new birth, but that is not called receiving the Holy Ghost, that is called being born-again, receiving Eternal life. There is an experiencee following salvation called receiving, or being filled with the Holy Ghost.

When the apostles at Jerusalem heard of the wonderful things God had done through Philip's ministry in Samaria, they sent Peter and John to lay hands on the new converts that they might receive the Holy Ghost. ( Acts 8:14-17).

Now some who object to speaking with tongues argue that the Bible doesn't mention the Samaritans spoke with tongues when they received the Holy Ghost. But, it doesn't say they didn't. Students of church history know that the early church fathers agree they did speak with tongues in Samaria. And it also seems apparent from this passsage that they did speak with tongues for: Acts 8:18.

When Simon saw.... the Word says. you cannot see the Holy Ghost. He is a Spirit and cannot be seen with the physical eye. There had to be some physical sign whereby Simon would know they had received the Holy Ghost, something which would register on Simon's senses. All evidence indicates the sign manisfested was speaking in tongues.

I could go on and on. I hope this clears some of the confusion. If you still don't believe, take it up with God.

May God bless, Golfjack

Still cannot type much due to bad right wrist so I'll have to resort to a "Summer Rerun" that I posted a while back - Excuse the length.

The Gifts

All right – tongues – easy if you take the Bible as it stands and understand how God deals with Israel as a nation. Most make issue of prayer languages, interpreter or not and never cover what tongues are really for. Let’s get down to the basics. Remember, God deals with Israel as a nation differently than he deals with the body of Christ today.

According to the Bible tongues are for a sign (1 Cor 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign,…). The verse didn’t say tongues were for your personal edification, prayer time, public worship service, etc. Tongues are for a sign. Now, who require signs in the Bible? The Jews require a sign (1 Cor 1:22 For the Jews require a sign,….). Why did the Jews require a sign? It was a part of their history. When God and Moses had their conversation at the burning bush Moses said (and I paraphrase), “They are not going to believe me.†The Lord said, “I will give you some signs to authenticate your ministry.†Moses went to them and did signs and wonders and they believed. When the Lord came to Israel in the gospels he came with signs to authenticate his ministry and some believed. In fact the Pharisees came seeking a sign - Mat 12:38 “Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.†After Christ arose he gave the apostles the signs to authenticate their ministries they went about doing signs and wonders.

Next, tongues were not for believers but for unbelievers – “not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: - I Cor. 14:22. This is the clincher. Moses went to Jews who were unbelievers of his ministry. Jesus went to an unbelieving Israel with signs. Paul went to unbelieving Israel with signs. Also, the Jews were “unbelievers†in the sense that they did not believe that God would not bless the Gentiles. In Acts 2 where the signs and wonders took place Peter preached to thousands of “unbelieving Jews†and they believed after the message with signs and wonders (Acts 2:43).

Today tongues are used in churches for believers – in other words done for the edification of the speaker or hearer, which is contrary to I Cor. 1:22 and 14:22 (note both verses are 22 – can’t beat the book!)

Now, when you use your “tongues†in your church service are there any unbelieving Jews there? Maybe and maybe not but most likely not. When you are using “tongues†in your private prayer closet are there any unbelieving Jews there?

Let’s wrap it up – When God deals with Israel as a nation he uses signs and wonders as authentication. God is not dealing with Israel as a nation today – God is dealing with individuals. Tongues are for a sign and to unbelievers, not believers. Tongues are a sign of judgment to the unbelieving Jews. Also, unbelievers are “believing “ Jews in Acts who were didn’t believe the Gentiles could get in on the blessings.

Tongue speakers are not following this today one bit. I really don’t care about how good tongues feel to you and how excited you get when you utter your “tonguesâ€Â. When you pray and speak in tongues are you doing it as a sign to unbelieving Jews? I don’t care if you saw millions at once speaking in tongues. What you saw were millions of deceived people led by an unclean spirit. They may be nice, polite, Bible-quoting people but they were deceived while they were nice, polite and quoting scripture.

I know you have a lot of verses you get from I Cor 14 but remember Paul is rebuking a carnal church of a misuse of a doctrine to the point where he calls them children in malice. Why you think you can find anything positive there to support your tongues beats the fire out of me.

Don’t judge tongues by your experience – judge your experience by the Bible. Anybody can think they speak in tongues. I’ve even seen people “practicing†their tongues so they wouldn’t lose them! Please, people! The great men of God of old wouldn’t and didn’t mess with that stuff for a minute and God used any one of them more then 10,000 tongue speakers today.
But you say, “Yes, but I still know what I know and I speak in tonguesand others do so that proves it!†Fine, base your doctrine on feelings and experience and ignore the plain teaching of scripture.
Again, one last time with feeling – UNTILL YOU UNDERSTAND THAT GOD DEALS WITH ISRAEL AS A NATION DIFFERENTLY THAN HE DOES WITH THE BODY OF CHRIST TODAY THEN YOU CAN FORGET UNDERSTANDING THE GIFTS!

God bless

A.V. What you said is so unbibllical it's amazing. Can you back your statements with scripture please? I did. Can you?

May God bless, Golfjack

dancing queen said:
Thanks little angel. I will pray about it again but i think the answer will be the same. Its ok though....

Get that faith built up!

dancing queen said:
...Last time I felt God was saying 'not yet', I couldn't tell if the not yet would mean this world or heaven though. Part of me even feels I know why God doesn't want to give me this gift at this point in time......
I know that 'not yet' answer to prayer. I have a bushel of promises myself. "Not yet" means that there are some conditions that need to be met first. It might be your faith, your attitude (cross about it, eh?) but one of the marks of a mature Christian is to realize that not everything that God does for you, is for you. The condition just might be something that the kids need to fulfill. It is acceptable to ask the Lord what it is that you are waiting for, as long as you ask with the attitude of wanting the answer rather than a demanding attitude or an accusation.

dancing queen said:
... We talked to our partly non-Christian youth group about spiritual gifts and tried to explain to them that you're not 'a better' Christian if you have gifts.....
This is exactly what Paul was dealing with when he wrote about the gifts. I tend to look at 'better Christian' in terms of being better today than I was yesterday. I can't deal with 'am I a better Christian than brother so and so or sister so and so'

dancing queen said:
I do appreciate your prayers on this, but more than recieving these gifts I ask you to pray that I will grow in the fruits of the spirit and not get angry at God for blessing my fiance in this way and not me (as I have been cross about it in the past).

>cough< repenting will do wonders for that attitude. think humble.
icon_bow.gif
<- humble :-D

Re: reply

golfjack said:
A.V. What you said is so unbibllical it's amazing. Can you back your statements with scripture please? I did. Can you?
I told you what and who tongues were for - I Cor. 14:22.

I told you specifically who they were for - I Cor. 1:22.

What more do you need? :roll:

Comment on those 2 verses - What do they say - not what do you think they mean.

God bless

1 Cor. 14:22, Read verse 23 and I think you wil find your answer. If my Church would speak in tongues, the unbelievers would not understand. It does not say that we can't speak in tongues in private. Or prophesy in tongues with interpretation. Then, they would understand.

1 Cor. 1:22. Paul is comparing wordly wisdom with Godly wisdom.

May God bless, Golfjack

Re: reply

golfjack said:
1 Cor. 1:22. Paul is comparing wordly wisdom with Godly wisdom.
Tongues were for a sign - The Jews required signs - I Cor. 1:22
Tongues were for those who believed not - I Cor. 14:22
The Jews believed not - see Gospels and Acts especially chapters 2, 7, and 28

Conslusion - Tongues were a sign to unbelieving Israel that they had rejected their Messiah -

Couldn't be any simpler or plainer that that.

While I must admit that Av has been a 'little more blunt' than I would 'choose' to be, what he has offered is BASICALLY the TRUTH.

I have NOT studied enough to know if I would be able to back his view of tongues ONLY being a sign to 'the Jews', but that these were FOR A SIGN is without doubt. And that this 'sign' of the 'gift of tongues' WAS for them that BELIEVE NOT. So, I must insist that IF there is a church that USES tongues, it MUST be FULL Of 'unbelievers' rather than BELIEVERS. From my perspective, one would do BEST to avoid a congregation DEVOID of The Spirit.

And Av is also RIGHT in that there are MANY things offered in the 'spiritual realm' that FEEL good, or 'seem' good, (spiritual), and they ARE. What we MUST do is to discern the difference between the HOLY SPIRIT and 'other spirits' that are able to mimic or DUPLICATE the 'feelings' that accompany The Spirit.

And in SCRIPTURAL response to my offerings;

2 Corinthians 11:3-4

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, (But I FEAR), ye might well bear with him.

Bold added by ME.

So, what does this have to do with 'tongues'?

Let's break it down. OBVIOUSLY there IS the ability of 'other spirits' to MIMIC that of the HOLY SPIRIT. There CAN BE 'other Christs', (false Christs), that are worshiped AS Christ. And there CAN be 'other spirits' that are MISTAKENLY accepted AS The Spirit.

With these things in mind, I contend that the 'gibberish' referred to as 'tongues' is offered through 'another spirit' rather than The Holy Spirit. And it's simply a matter of 'faith' that leads those that are ignorant of the TRUTH to 'believe' that 'learned gibberish' IS tongues. And for these, God HIMSELF will offer STRONG 'DELUSION' so that they WILL BELIEVE the 'lie' that they CHOOSE to follow.

Hey, I'll be the FIRST to admit how devastating it can be to 'accept' what 'one believes' to be a FALSE BELIEF. But, to 'hang on' to it is WORSE than 'acceptance' of the TRUTH. For to hang on is to OPENLY admit to God that one 'does NOT CARE' about the TRUTH and simply wants things 'their WAY'. This is where an OPEN HEART and an OPEN MIND can CERTAINLY make the difference between being LOST and being SAVED.

MEC

Back