Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Texas man catches child rapist in the act, kills him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

10 When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices;
when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy.

Proverbs 11:10 (NIV)

Last edited by a moderator:
I only wish that someone had stood up for me but they all just turned a blind eye...my mom still remains friends with my abuser to this day. So no, I don't think this father should be punished...not in the least.

The argument was made to the Law, in which case the grace shown us all at the Cross is meaningless.

"I really hope no charges are pressed against this guy."

"Not having a lot of sympathy for the man who died right now."

"The creep will not harm another child..... We need more fathers like this one."

"From that perspective, I have zero pity on this man"

" That a father acted as a father would act when confronted with that scene, then I do not pity the pedophile for being beaten to death. Considering the circumstances, his death is justified."

"He should have killed him. In Biblical times he would have got stoned to death or he would have had to pay the father."

"I am thankful that there is one less child rapist in this world.
If we carried out justice this swiftly in every instance I believe there would be FAR less pedophiles out there to harm our children."

"the creep can not hurt another child"

"there IS a child out there somewhere who was eventually to be abused like this, and now, thanks to this father's act, this child will be untouched."

"Ok, fine, and I am glad he got destroyed for what he did, too. What is wrong with that?"

"Sounds like a celebration over evil to me."

The bottom line: many posters are glad he is dead and by the sounds of it, one or two would willingly do the same in the same circumstance. And don't make this about semantics and what "rejoicing" means. We have many posters who are approving that the pedophile is dead and are glad he is. There is no difference. At least one of the responses was in direct response to my saying that there are those rejoicing that the pedophile is dead, thereby implying that that poster is rejoicing.

Regardless, my initial point stands. Killing of a pedophile in such a circumstance is not a Christian response, nor is being glad or approving that the pedophile is dead.

Lets look at this another way then?? We see in 1 Cor. 6:2-3 that we will take part in the wicked ones executional judgement. (seeing that no sinner comes up in the first resurrection)

And I am not Baptist & do not believe in once saved always saved for the guy??

Reading Eccl. 12:13-14's recording in the Record Books were at once seen & acted on accordingly, and were seen such in this wicked act. (condemed of God)

OK: What does one suppose will be the verdict seen in the record books by you in heaven of this one? Some say that we are all sinners! Some say thay Gods law is FINISHED! Some say don't you judge me! Some say the wheat + tares all grow together! (and on & on)

It might be interesting to know of ones thinking on the USA judicial death decree which was forumulated from God's Word as I see it?

I only wish that someone had stood up for me but they all just turned a blind eye...my mom still remains friends with my abuser to this day. So no, I don't think this father should be punished...not in the least.
I am so sorry Holly. That is a double blow. Is your Mom Christian?

Sandusky also lifted him up to rinse shampoo out of his hair. "That's the last thing I remember about being in the shower. It's all black," said the man, identified in court documents as Victim 6.
The boy's mother reported the incident to university police and it was investigated but no charges were filed.

A reason why the dad did what he did....

I am so sorry Holly. That is a double blow. Is your Mom Christian?
Thank you Reba and yes, my mom is a Christian and that's why she says she's not going to hold any unforgiveness or hatred in her heart towards my rapist...which is another blow nicely packaged and delivered on a holy platter.

What would be Jesus' response to this? What if Jesus walked into a room and found this man raping that 4 year old girl? :chin

I think the initial assessment would be "Well He'd kill him with a lightening bolt or something! Yeah..." But in a quick matter of time that would be dismissed as silly and un-Biblical. Jesus was not in the business of killing in this life, He was in the business of teaching and storing up wrath in Heaven, that He might bring it down in the next life.

I think the next jump would be to follow the pendulum and go to the next extreme, which would be Him breaking out into a parable and then asking the man to touch the hem of His robe that the rapist may be forgiven. But that's not right either. It's not direct and it doesn't address the problem at hand, namely a four year old girl who is being raped.

My mind then fell on the bit about how it is better to have a millstone tied around your neck and then being thrown into the ocean than to harm a child, but that would be taking the verse out of context...

And then I thought of what He did in the temples. He had a bit of righteous indignation and He grabbed up a whip and He went about in a fit of anger, kicking over tables and whipping money exchangers. I think His response would be something along this line. Righteous indignation.

Anger isn't always sinful. Anger, when applied in the right manner, at the right time, and towards the right things is a gift from God that allows great truth to come about and allows the fulfillment of Isaiah 1:17. This is how I believe Christ would reacted. Righteous indignation.

Now, I don't know the intentions of this man, nor do I pretend to know them, but I can relate. I imagine this man fell into a terrible rage, as one might very well expect, and he lost control as he began to strike the man, over and over again. The law acknowledges that there are times in life when a person simply "snaps", it has room for this because it knows this is part of human nature. In such a case I would imagine an acquittal, and that is if a grand jury would even go so far as to hand out a warrant on this guy.

Was his action right? God knows and no one else does. It's one of those grey areas where you could justify it and condemn it in the same chapter of the Bible. It's not our matter to worry about such things, it is, however, our matter pray for the girl, pray for justice, and pray that this man seeks the Lord that he may be forgiven for his sins. We should also pray for the family that lost a son. And just as important, I think people ought to be a bit less cruel to one another. No one ought to presume what another, or even oneself, would do in such an incident.

I think that this incident is also a good opportunity to reflect on the fact that in God's eyes you are just as awful a being as that rapist. No way else about it, unless you know Christ you are as guilty as that man. And if you know Christ than praise God that He delivered you from just that same type of depraved and wicked a life.

Thank you Reba and yes, my mom is a Christian and that's why she says she's not going to hold any unforgiveness or hatred in her heart towards my rapist...which is another blow nicely packaged and delivered on a holy platter.

You do not need be told these actions leave deep scars the healing can take for ever. Wounds heal, most leave scars..

There is huge difference between justice and forgiveness. We can seek justice for the victims and still forgive. Justice does not stop the forgiveness. Most often these guys have way more than one victim. As you know they need to be stopped. I am sorry for your pain..

Last edited by a moderator:
my sister was a raped twice by a man that im at the age of and she was 12. in my state he would have died on the electric chair if found guilty. she lives with this scar today.

he wasnt the only man to rape her. but that is another story. i was within inches of knowing that it was going on as i knocked on the door while he was behind it raping my sister. he held her mouth and both kept quiet till i left.:bigfrown

i have no hatred against him but i dont like him nor even if he is saved could i bring myself to like him. i just cant fathom being a friend with a sicko that did that to my sister and all the hell for her that followed.
Wow, I had 2 girlfriends that had been raped while I was going with them and one is the mother of my first child. That was around 1972 and I still remember that day clear as a bell. And now the second girlfriend of mine that got raped, I took her to the Philadelphia Sex Crimes Unit, and the cops had the nerve to ask her' did she enjoy it. I was so mad, until I wanted to punch the cop, so I took her home.

Just wondering when the name and a photo of the creep gets around if any other victims will surface..

Reba,

You know there are other victims that will come out... there are always more victims when it comes to pedophiles.

personally i dont think it was his place to kill the man. Let God take care of him.

Hi alexlove,

That's not in question and it's not like the father intended to kill the pedophile. The Father is innocent of murder in this case.

I would like to bring this into the mix though.... you said, "Let God take care of him." What does that mean?

When I pray, God often uses other people as an answer to those prayers. Let me give you an example. Several years ago we pulled into a parking lot on a windy day and saw a woman frantic. As we got out of the car she was searching for something. It was her receipt that she needed to return several hundred dollars of merchandise and the wind blew it out of her hand. Several isles later I saw something that looked like a receipt barely out of the corner of my eye. I ran and sure enough it was her receipt.

Talking to the lady, she said we were an answer to her prayer, because she had just prayed to find her receipt. Now, listen to the other half. We were going to Kentucky and remembered we didn't have a swim suit for our son. Earlier we got off on some back roads and I was very frustrated because it slowed us down, now I had to stop at Target... Had I seen the Wallmart, we would have pulled into that. But God put is right where we needed to be just at the right moment to be an answered prayer.

Who are we then to say that God didn't use the Father, as you said it, to "take care of it".

I'm not saying that this was God's hand, but I'm not discounting it either. It is clear that that the Father did not intend to kill the pedophile, and he has a good heart from what I've been reading.

We will all face judgment before God, just some of us sooner than others...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back